Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2019 9:16 AM

Apr 2016
Ryougine said:
franxz said:

Why would you assume someone is lying if he didn't like something as much as you did?
Well, he in all his "Episode discussion" posts tends to comment first, and after a couple hours he edit it by giving his final thoughts which leads me to believe he watches the episode just before he edit his own comment. He probably just wanna be the first to post as he's winning something by doing that.

Ha, my apologies then, I thought you were jumping to conclusions hella quickly!

Why would he do that though lol.

Run with the Wind is criminally underrated.
Jul 5, 2019 9:17 AM

Apr 2016
YorukaWaifu said:
So this is going to be the overrated sausage-fest shonen of the season in the West.

I think you'll be surprised that it turns out to be quite good fairly quickly. At least imo.

Run with the Wind is criminally underrated.
Jul 5, 2019 9:23 AM
Jan 2019
YorukaWaifu said:
So this is going to be the overrated sausage-fest shonen of the season in the West.

First episode and already calling it overrated... yep, already troll haters popping up.
Jul 5, 2019 9:24 AM
Apr 2016
The pace at the beginning felt rather too fast, but oh well. Amazing first episode, it was funny, unique, interesting, and intriguing. Can't wait for other episodes.
Jul 5, 2019 9:27 AM

Apr 2018
Wow they did really good with this. This anime will definitely be in my top 3 this season. The story and pacing is really good as well. I hope that it will remain like that until the end
Jul 5, 2019 9:27 AM
Sep 2016
First episode was amazing can't wait for more.
I loved the soundtrack and the opening, also looks very well adapted.
Jul 5, 2019 9:31 AM

Oct 2013
When I heard about this anime for the first time I really liked the concept behind it. Mysterious apocalypse that turned humans into stone and a scientist who woke up accidentally after many, many years and has a plan of turning everyone to normal form with the help of his friends who also somehow suppressed that petrification effect.

After a teaser I was worried we might get a cool looking slideshow. Dunno, I had that kind of worries mostly after reading some negative comments stating that it might end up being a slideshow fitting original manga's art style.

But it is even better than I imagined it to be! The story is very interesting, characters are likeable, and the art is simply beautiful. Oh, and it's not a slideshow - the animation is nice as well and fits everything perfectly. :) Music fits the amazing atmosphere as well.

I will definitely watch next episodes. As anime-only viewer I was definitely entertained and I am looking forward to seeing what is gonna happen next.
Jul 5, 2019 9:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Brilliant start!

Definitely hooked up already, what a delightful first episode this was! A lot of questions over the whole ‘science’ of this peculiar event though but I’m hopeful we’ll get the answers soon enough. Senku is a born Genius and it’s great to see that even he requires a crazy brute by his side to work things with. Seriously though, how’d he count for 3700 years xD, that’s totally beyond human capability. Really curious how he managed to survive during the 6 months after he ‘reincarnated’ though, things sure looked tough in the bleak world. Taiju, on the other hand, was loud and annoying but an interesting and lively company to have alongside. Lol @ that failed confession at the start but seeing the catastrophe later unfold was sure scary. Looks like the duo have found themselves some kind of a way to break these rocks but it’ll take a lot more doing to saving humanity. Got to say though, the Character Designs, especially for Senku, is quite incredible lol and the music was really good too!

Can’t wait to see more of this!
_MushiRock11_Jul 5, 2019 10:20 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 5, 2019 9:35 AM

Mar 2016
Senkyuu's Yugioh hairstyle stood up for ALL those years?? That's a feat you can't explain with science xDDDD
Jul 5, 2019 9:40 AM

Jun 2019
Good, a very curious incipit but, above all, I struggle to understand where it will go over time, seeing the episode and the opening at the end, in any case a convincing beginning.
Jul 5, 2019 9:40 AM

Oct 2018
GJ! TMS. They did justice to the manga art style, the animation looks raw with those thick lines and colors. Backgrounds are also notable, with it's details and colors. Sound design is superb, nature and orchestral percussion. I have no complaints with production values. Damn. I already want the next episode.
Jul 5, 2019 9:43 AM
May 2014
The premise feels fresh and unique and I really liked the first episode. The art and animation was also really nice. Definitely gonna continue watching this anime. I'm so hyped for the next episode!
Jul 5, 2019 9:47 AM

Sep 2018
People are entitled to their own opinions, but this first episode had the making of a 10/10 masterpiece caliber show for me! Really hope it continues like this!
Blanks.
Jul 5, 2019 9:55 AM
Dec 2014
primitive technology lol
Jul 5, 2019 9:57 AM
Jun 2019
I wasn't expecting it to be that good. There was a few parts I didn't enjoy, but the scenes showing all the buildings falling and world becoming overgrown were my favorite.
Jul 5, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
AHH YES, Shonen Jump's latest famous binger is now on the small screen. Time to relearn the world we know, SET IN SCIENCE AND CARVED IN STONE!

From the outset, really like the main guys, mad-man scientist Senku and idiot Taiju. Even turning time into the Stone Age, the world still feels very abundant even with both of them left as the surviving humans rebuilding civilization from scratch (and Taiju rescuing Yuzuriha, wad a joker HAHA).

And TMS Entertainment really brought their FMA:B treatment, as with Fruits Basket, onto this masterpiece of a manga. Super excited as the adaptation is simply more than perfect.

First episode, sweet, sweet Lord, *muack* MASTERPIECE.
After Kanata no Astra, this is the 2nd anime for contending AOTS.

Man, Summer this year is heating up to be the BEST Season yet, and that's not considering Fall yet!
Jul 5, 2019 10:04 AM

Aug 2012
phantomfandom said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

why would they have just male gender resurrected? who would make babies? As long as women do as they are told and do not try to take control I do not see any problems.

That would make a more interesting story, who would make a babies in a world full of men? Will civilization can be created without a woman? What's reproduction system our protagonists gonna come up with?
We are still working on that now. Everything else pre-industrial age can be done by anyone with a bit of knowledge. I recommend this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA/videos . There are tons of examples like this. About your question: civilization can be created without women but cannot be maintained because you need someone to make the babies. Women did not contribute in any significant way to civilization except making babies and raising them. As an example there plenty of countries in SE Asia with extremely developed civilization but because women do not make enough babies they are dying: Japan is one such example. And Dr Stone is not really a genius. Most of what he did is something anyone with a basic education could do until they changed the teaching paradigm. There are things he can do and things he cannot. If you expect him to build a laptop your hopes will be crashed. And that is much easier than finding a way to make babies without women.
Jul 5, 2019 10:05 AM

May 2015
Good first episode! Despite seeing it promoted everywhere *cough* Crunchyroll I didn't really know what the story was going to be about so I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's a lot more interesting than I thought it'd be and I'm looking forward to more.

♡ artist
サコ
Jul 5, 2019 10:05 AM
Apr 2018
Looks like everyone in the world got stoned.
Jul 5, 2019 10:12 AM

Sep 2017
A manga reader. The production honestly is pretty nice. The pacing is nice. They could've done a better job with the CG background in the opening scenes, but I guess it won't matter because the school and the modern buildings will not show up any more. The post-apocalypse background is pretty nice, but not outstanding.
Jul 5, 2019 10:12 AM

Dec 2018
This is already incredible, as I expected it to be. The art is nice, the characters are funny, and the setting of overgrown cities and gigantic forests is amazing! I'm loving this already.
Jul 5, 2019 10:16 AM

Jul 2016
I dunno, I'm kind of mixed on it. For everything I liked, there was something I disliked, so I'll give it a few more episodes and see.

Stuff I liked:
- The OST. I was not expecting the music to be anywhere near that good
- Character design (except during the school scene)
- The setting. Really interesting and not something I've seen done before
- Most of the shots (mostly the ones they lifted from the manga look really cool and iconic.

Stuff I didn't like:
- The opening scene at the school. I hate interrupted confessions, even when the interruption isn't human.
- Character design. The look good most of the time, but they did not blend with the world at all during the school scene
- The background and the characters don't blend at all. Like when Taiju is picking grapes, he's got a completely different level of detail from the background and it looks super weird.
- I don't like Senkku or Taiju yet. They're kind of annoying
Jul 5, 2019 10:16 AM
Jan 2014
If you've seen 3-5 episodes of any weekly shonen jump show, then you've seen the entirely of every weekly shonen jump show, and this one is no exception. Not good at all, but people will like it because it's a shitty shonen jump show.
Jul 5, 2019 10:17 AM

May 2015
Interesting premise, it's great to see something about science itself, not just sci-fi. Beating fantasy with science sounds very promising too.

I'm not sure I like the MC though. Why does he look like a green onion? lol
Jul 5, 2019 10:19 AM
Mar 2018
I have been waiting forever for Dr. Stone and I have to say that I am not disappointed. Everything is as I imagined while reading the manga and Senku's personality has been portrayed splendidly. I can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 5, 2019 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
Solid start! love the premise and the 2 main cast already. Good art and direction too.
*I'll beat fantasy with science*
Summer season is looking great.
Jul 5, 2019 10:35 AM
May 2017
Remember those guys who build house with pool on youtube? They are the ones who are definitely strive with this kind of event.
Jul 5, 2019 10:37 AM

Dec 2018
Taiju drinking the wine was absolutely precious. Promising first episode! Looks like TMS has two bangers airing now.
Jul 5, 2019 10:41 AM

Jun 2019
Thank god the studio did a fantastic job on an already amazing manga. Looking forward to the next few episodes!
No anime is non-canon. Non-canon is canon, but on a different world line.
Jul 5, 2019 10:42 AM

May 2018
Looks very promising so far, art remind me of Made in Abyss with JoJo inspierd looking characters
Jul 5, 2019 10:43 AM

Nov 2014
Ocalino said:
Damn, I love the pacing, they're not wasting time but it doesn't feel rushed. This is very promising so far.

It kinda feel rushed at the beginning for me.... :/

May 2016
Great first episode! Can't wait for other people to start showing up.

Dec 2018
ropiel said:
The cover looked cool,that's why i started blindly watching this and holy shit this pilot was fantastic,this is so weird and enjoyable to watch,first anime started and already AOTS potential,opening is pretty nice too even if it spoils a bit.
Just you wait for Vinland
Jul 5, 2019 10:44 AM

May 2018
ItsXolo said:
If you've seen 3-5 episodes of any weekly shonen jump show, then you've seen the entirely of every weekly shonen jump show, and this one is no exception. Not good at all, but people will like it because it's a shitty shonen jump show.

You must be fun at parties
Jul 5, 2019 10:51 AM

Jan 2018
Haven't peeped it yet, but I'm excited to see Boichi's art being animated. His style is amazing.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 5, 2019 10:52 AM

May 2017
huh they didn't really put any emphasis on dramatizing this petrification incident. It just happened and they moved on with the story. This was fine I guess nothing mindblowing. Curious to see how they keep the interest in the show high
Jul 5, 2019 10:57 AM

Jan 2019
ah finally, what an episode. perfect solid start and straight goin into these series. not regreting to plan watching this shows first from any anime/shows in this summer.
cl_skinnyguyJul 5, 2019 11:02 AM
Jul 5, 2019 11:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Just had a quick glance through the episode again and a serious Qs popped up to mind. Why’d the birds become petrified but not the puppet in 03:31? I hope there is some logical explanation to this but I think it’s very unlikely so .. it’s to move on from this lol.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 5, 2019 11:00 AM

Apr 2019
How do some people keep their petrified bodies in the limelight? And if it is conscientious is why it is alive, if this alive needs food to survive, as the progagonist and his friend survived for 3700 years without eating? Kkkkkkkkkk Lack of logic in this bullshit, I do not believe that people were putting so much hype for this, animation is also very bad, the protagonist is boring and damn much, I hate that character, but this is personal ... the lack of Logic leaves a hole in the story, and this soon in the ep 1 ...
DROPPED, anime shit
Jul 5, 2019 11:02 AM
Feb 2017
I'm getting a feeling this will be anime of the season. The show felt really good in all departments. I love the idea of starting civilization over with the knowledge that we have in modern day. Also, Senkuu counting 3,700 years was pretty ridiculous lol. Give me the next episode please.

FanBoydaPururin said:
How do some people keep their petrified bodies in the limelight? And if it is conscientious is why it is alive, if this alive needs food to survive, as the progagonist and his friend survived for 3700 years without eating? Kkkkkkkkkk Lack of logic in this bullshit, I do not believe that people were putting so much hype for this, animation is also very bad, the protagonist is boring and damn much, I hate that character, but this is personal ... the lack of Logic leaves a hole in the story, and this soon in the ep 1 ...
DROPPED, anime shit

Nice bait.
MegaStrideJul 5, 2019 11:09 AM
Jul 5, 2019 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe I expected a bit too much because of all the praise it got.

Taiju's character was very annoying and the Senku-Taiju synergy was too. Premise is very interesting and is enough to keep me going but I feel like Senku being a solo protagonist would be much more interesting

Edit: was reading through some other people's post and wanted to bring up some stuff. OST was really great, but I'm not a fan of the OP. Yuzuriha seems like she's an annoying character as well. I like the thick lines in the animation, but it feels a little clunky near the start.

All in all, production value and premise is great, but the MCs are very annoying.
removed-userJul 5, 2019 11:15 AM
Jul 5, 2019 11:14 AM

Aug 2008
Both blokes are completely insufferable and character design is pretty off putting, but premise intrigues me enough to give it a couple more episodes. Still, bat shit breaking a millenia long curse is kind of lame...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 5, 2019 11:22 AM

Aug 2017
Ryougine said:
Nurguburu said:
Not bad, could have been better....A bit weird...Next episode pls...
Why do you act like you've seen the episode already? I bet everything you will edit your post or at the very least post another one with some more infos, which will come by after you REALLY WATCH THE EPISODE.

I'm not acting. So please mind your own business.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 5, 2019 11:23 AM
Oct 2007
The concept seems promising but... looks like the annoying characters are gonna ruin it for me. They feel superficial, forgetable. Too early do judge for sure though.
Jul 5, 2019 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
This anime is gonna be amazing! I loved it
Senku is a great character loved it
Jul 5, 2019 11:30 AM

Oct 2013
joseuniverse said:
Looks like everyone in the world got stoned.

Haha, I smiled after reading that. xD

@AesthethiccWaifu , I think you might like this phrase due to your first connotations about its anime's name (https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1786635). ;p
AdnashJul 5, 2019 5:03 PM
Jul 5, 2019 11:31 AM

Apr 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
I'm getting a feeling this will be anime of the season. The show felt really good in all departments. I love the idea of starting civilization over with the knowledge that we have in modern day. Also, Senkuu counting 3,700 years was pretty ridiculous lol. Give me the next episode please.

FanBoydaPururin said:
DROPPED, anime shit

Nice bait.

Hahahhahahahajahahajaja not is bait
Jul 5, 2019 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
As a huge fan of the manga (and a science student), I'd say that was a good episode. Excellent pacing, beautiful background, catchy OP, the works. The characters weren't as well animated as I thought because the art in the manga is extremely detailed. Dunno if TMS Entertainment was the right choice nevertheless they managed to pull it off without causing too much chaos.

In the science department, I'd have to say that fermentation of alcohol is an anaerobic process. Natural yeast is available in the grape but in the stone world, I doubt they'd be able to create proper storage vessels for the juice. It would've turned into vinegar but hey this is shounen. I could be wrong.

Dr Stone is an excellent watch and an even better read.
Jul 5, 2019 11:38 AM
Mar 2015
one swallow does not make a spring. Blind us with science ,Dr Stone
Jul 5, 2019 11:43 AM

Aug 2013
Wow. I'm impressed. Great atmosphere, beautiful art and super nostalgic general feeling.
I can't wait for more.
Btw, background music that was playing while they tried to destilate the alcohol was phenomenal.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

210 by Matchappie »»
Mar 4, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.