Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2019 11:43 AM

Jun 2019
Nurguburu said:
Ryougine said:
Why do you act like you've seen the episode already? I bet everything you will edit your post or at the very least post another one with some more infos, which will come by after you REALLY WATCH THE EPISODE.

I'm not acting. So please mind your own business.
Yet you edited your own comment around 22 minutes ago by adding more stuff related to the actual episode. Lmao
Jul 5, 2019 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
The episode was really good,the scenery was so beautiful and the stone turning scene was so haunting.

I have great hopes for this adaptation.

Jul 5, 2019 11:46 AM

Aug 2017
Ryougine said:
Nurguburu said:

I'm not acting. So please mind your own business.
Yet you edited your own comment around 22 minutes ago by adding more stuff related to the actual episode. Lmao

Just stop harassing me, all right?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 5, 2019 11:50 AM

Jun 2019
Nurguburu said:
Ryougine said:

Just stop harassing me, all right?
Harassing? Oh boi don't do drugs please. You will not feel good IYAM. Also, you haven't answered my question yet. Mind answering it?
Jul 5, 2019 11:51 AM

Sep 2014
Better than I expected. My only fear is that it may start feeling a bit too repetitive or too safe like Tensura after a couple of episodes. More importantly though, why would you ever shave such a sick beard?
Jul 5, 2019 11:57 AM

Mar 2018
Senku is super funny....I like it a lot !!

,,I will survive even with the cost of my life'' That's hilarious !! >_< :))
Jul 5, 2019 11:57 AM
Feb 2013
Good animation and arts, suitable soundtracks, unique story line, this anime will get on top 3 mark my words unless big tiddie hunters who watches anime for tiddies decides to put dumb animes on front. If this anime doesnt get repetitive this is my new favourite one. I am searching like a mad man to find this type of animes.
Jul 5, 2019 12:00 PM

Oct 2012
I've had a good feeling about this show for a while and the premiere was just what I was hoping for. Especially if it's true there will be two cours.
Jul 5, 2019 12:01 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I like the premise and the overall art and tone of the show. Nice art too.
I'm suspecting that resurrecting people will be more challenging than resurrecting birds though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 5, 2019 12:02 PM

Aug 2013
Great start. Looks promising.

Like the two main characters already so far.

Looking forward to more.

Jul 5, 2019 12:07 PM
Apr 2016
woah boichi'art is pretty cool in animation !
Jul 5, 2019 12:08 PM

Jul 2016
Definitely an adequate adaptation of the first chapters. The storyboard is adequate and the voice acting needs to further improve, but the visuals, coloring and music are very good.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2019 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
It's a very original anime, hadn't seen one for a long time. probably since the steins;gate/psycho-pass/shingeki no kyojin days, hopeful for it
Jul 5, 2019 12:10 PM

Feb 2016
Up to a very interesting start. It wasn't as good as I thought It would be but so far it is really interesting. I hope it lives up to the hype surrounding the manga unlike Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Ryougine said:
Nurguburu said:
Not bad, could have been better....A bit weird...Next episode pls...
Why do you act like you've seen the episode already? I bet everything you will edit your post or at the very least post another one with some more infos, which will come by after you REALLY WATCH THE EPISODE.

Why the fuck would you really even care about that?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 5, 2019 12:13 PM

Mar 2016
I like the concept, but I have so many questions. How did the white haired guy make thread, and his clothes? How did he make a house? How did he make weapons? How did know how to make sake? And why would you drink something that a big guy had his feet in? I wish there were a few more characters who'd woken up so that all these could be seen as a group effort. (Though it still wouldn't answer my last question.)

I love brown haired characters a lot, but I really don't like the big, loud guy. Hope the white haired guy is the protagonist. Smarter characters are easier to tolerate.

The animation was mostly good, but some parts felt incomplete. I have only ever learnt 3d animation, so I have a hard time pointing out errors in 2d animations.

This has the potential to be great, so I hope the big guy's arc gets completed soon, and we get more focus on the white haired one.
Jul 5, 2019 12:13 PM

Jun 2019
HereticHunter said:
Up to a very interesting start. It wasn't as good as I thought It would be but so far it is really interesting. I hope it lives up to the hype surrounding the manga unlike Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Ryougine said:

Why would you care about what i care?
Jul 5, 2019 12:19 PM
Oct 2013
A decent first episode. I can't wait to get into the meat of it though!
Jul 5, 2019 12:22 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A good first episode. I think it was somewhat entertaining. The art is nice and the animation was decent, and the plot itself feels pretty fresh. But other than that, nothing stood out to me as particularly amazing. Both crunchyroll and half of the community are hyping it up as if it'll make Bebop look like an episode of the teletubbies.

I mean, this wasn't bad by any means. But this wasn't the masterpiece many promised.
Jul 5, 2019 12:24 PM

Feb 2016
Ryougine said:
HereticHunter said:

Why would you care about what i care?

Does it really matter? Why are you complaining about some trivial stuff like that? Is there a rule that prevents him from commenting and editing his own comment? maybe he was on a pickle and didn't have the time to add more details to his post. Don't go assuming things wrongly.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 5, 2019 12:26 PM
Apr 2016
the timelapse was really cool ! But it s so sad the big brown haired guy could n t keep his beard ;( it was cool
Jul 5, 2019 12:27 PM
Jun 2019
Seems promising and refreshing. Let the ride begin!
Jul 5, 2019 12:30 PM

May 2018
Man, THIS WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 5, 2019 12:39 PM

May 2015
This was really cool. Great premise, great animation, great pacing, great ost, really looking forward to what this show has to offer. I hope the quality stays consistent throughout.
Jul 5, 2019 12:40 PM

Mar 2018
That was a lot of fun, the perfect survival anime. I don't find the characters annoying, their personalities are exaggerated without making them bland fucks. Nowhere near the level of Demon Slayer trash
poop
Jul 5, 2019 12:41 PM

Jun 2013
that was good also loved the E = mc2 on Senku's shirt
Jul 5, 2019 12:42 PM

May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Except for the stone thing and surviving that long inside everything is pretty spot on. I have some comments though:
1. you do not have to stir grape juice to make wine. Generally alcohol ferments even without doing anything
2. why did they shaved? there is no advantage to shaving.
3. why did they use those to shave? A piece of rock or a piece of stone would have worked better. even backing from mud a knife would have been better, Also why don't they make bread?
phantomfandom said:
Very splendid production is spent on such a weak story, and even worse, it's Fantasy trying to be Sci-fi. Remind me of pseudo-science trying to be hard sci-fi story which is one of my worst anime that begin with the word Steins and end with the word Gate. At this point the only thing that will make it interesting is to have only male gender resurrection, which it won't.

why would they have just male gender resurrected? who would make babies? As long as women do as they are told and do not try to take control I do not see any problems.

1. Basically, on its own crushed up grape juice turns to vinegar, stirring actually airs up the juice to absorb the yeast around the air.

2. They don't shave they actually pluck the facial hairs around their faces, using clam shells, Indians from the America does it during per colonial times.

3. The reason they don't make bread, given that they're back in the stone age, the species of grain would have revert back into the time before mankind came into existences.
Jul 5, 2019 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
god, i'm so excited for this. i've read a bit of the manga, and i've loved it so far. this is gonna be soooo good!!

also, burnout syndromes singing the opening??? hell to the yeah!!
Jul 5, 2019 1:19 PM

Apr 2019
Look great so far. The charracters are rather nice especially Senku, the setting is something I also really like and it seems you'll be able to learn a lot from this anime.
Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 5, 2019 1:19 PM
May 2017
So did the original alcohol plot work on the stone bird or did Senku find out something to alter?
Jul 5, 2019 1:20 PM

Feb 2012
I thought this was going to be just shounen garbage, but first episode turned out to be a lot more interesting than expected, let's see how it continues and where they can go from here.
Jul 5, 2019 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
It looks like birds were transformed but not dogs or bats? I wonder why. That's interesting.
Jul 5, 2019 1:22 PM

Nov 2018
Good start hopefully things will get even better
Jul 5, 2019 1:24 PM

Sep 2016
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

NOW THIS IS HOW YOU START YOUR ANIME, I loved everything about this episode and I'm really looking forward to see how this anime develops (And I hardly get that feeling with new shonen animes)

Jul 5, 2019 1:36 PM

Nov 2012
Madkurre said:
primitive technology lol

How very laconic lmao, but hey I get to know how to do it in that channel, same like Dr. Stone.

Gotta say, the OP leaves much to be desired, but I have a feeling it'll grow on me.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jul 5, 2019 1:37 PM

Aug 2015
So this is "YEAH! SCIENCE, BITCH!" the anime.

I like the beginning quite a lot, and the interaction between the main protagonists. However, I have a question.

Is there action scenes/fights in this?

I don´t really mind if there is, but based on the first episode this fits better the world build up, rather than focusing on action.
Jul 5, 2019 1:38 PM

Aug 2016
And this is why modern anime rocks. Great first episode of a really deserved adaptation. Dr. Stone is one of the Best shonen manga I ever read and this first ep. did justice for the most part wich was hard for Boichis's godly art. Now lets wait for Vinland saga and lets close this decade in the best way posible for anime.
:v
Jul 5, 2019 1:42 PM
Oct 2018
FuMomo-kun said:
I like the concept, but I have so many questions. How did the white haired guy make thread, and his clothes? How did he make a house? How did he make weapons? How did know how to make sake? And why would you drink something that a big guy had his feet in? I wish there were a few more characters who'd woken up so that all these could be seen as a group effort. (Though it still wouldn't answer my last question.)

I love brown haired characters a lot, but I really don't like the big, loud guy. Hope the white haired guy is the protagonist. Smarter characters are easier to tolerate.

The animation was mostly good, but some parts felt incomplete. I have only ever learnt 3d animation, so I have a hard time pointing out errors in 2d animations.

This has the potential to be great, so I hope the big guy's arc gets completed soon, and we get more focus on the white haired one.

You'll have an episode with backstory on that, at least the manga has a couple of segments to show the characters "waking up", the "white haired guy" is the first to get one of those. So without spoiling, you'll get the answer to your questions.

There will also be more focus on the "white haired guy" after a couple of episodes. Someone told me that they were experimenting with both characters in the first chapters and didn't know if the scientist would be popular. That's why you can't really differentiate the protagonist at first.

Nov 2012
Pakumen- said:

I like the beginning quite a lot, and the interaction between the main protagonists. However, I have a question.

I don´t really mind if there is, but based on the first episode this fits better the world build up, rather than focusing on action.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jun 2011
Just a fair warning. The manga is REALLY REEAAAALLY bad. It starts quite interesting and just goes right down the shitter.
Jul 5, 2019 1:45 PM

Apr 2014
Staying sane after 3,700 years is some kind of a miracle.
Apr 2019
I don't see any way that this isn't the best anime season of all time

Feb 2019
Well that was a disappointing way to start a series. The characters are cliche, the dialogue is awful, and the art is not doing the show any favors. Going into this blind I did not know where I would land but I was not expecting this. If I had to pinpoint what was most problematic and telling of the series quality it would have to be the bad dialogue.

Oh well, moving on.
Jul 5, 2019 1:46 PM

Sep 2017
love the op and character designs so far but i hope the mc has a more interesting personality/background in the upcoming eps since rn i quite frankly,dont care for him.
not even the type of badass smart he just rubs off as 'im so smart can you believe it'

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Jul 5, 2019 1:46 PM
Apr 2019
lawina said:
Just a fair warning. The manga is REALLY REEAAAALLY bad. It starts quite interesting and just goes right down the shitter.

you also gave shield hero a 1, forgive me if I don't challenge the validity of your opinions
Jul 5, 2019 1:48 PM
Oct 2018
Pakumen- said:

There are a bunch of them, but their usually focused on science and tactical stuff, much like hunter x hunter the battles are smart and like one piece there's a lot of humor during them. The battles aren't long tho unlike those anime/manga, and there's no big spectacle made out of it. The fun, at least for me was always the comedy aspect of it, and the science stuff.

The battles are great because they are paced well imo, and keeps the manga from getting repetitive and boring.
Jul 5, 2019 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
So is this basically organic chemistry the anime? So glad I never took that class...

Also on first impression I think Senku here would get along famously with Edward Elric.
Jul 5, 2019 2:05 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty annoying, like the manga.
Need the AOTS Vinland Saga now
Jul 5, 2019 2:10 PM

Feb 2010
good start, i like the op

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jul 5, 2019 2:10 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. The visuals are nice, and music too. Senkuu and Taijuu is nice characters. Liked this premiere, its post apocalyptic series. Overall its nice and cool start.

Jul 5, 2019 2:16 PM

May 2017
Pretty awesome first episode. The visuals and the Soundtrack seems great. Can't wait for next week!
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

210 by Matchappie »»
Mar 4, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.