Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 13, 2019 6:35 AM
Nov 2016
I think i've found the Nichijou trio V2 in this anime. Couldn't stop laughing when i heard the main character (Tanaka) voice. Just to hear she speaks i find it so funny and burst me into the laughter. supporter characters are lovely too, Chuunibyou, Genius, Gyaru, Loli, Odd teacher meet in one school. I think this gonna be the main show in my watchlist.
Jul 13, 2019 6:37 AM
Nov 2016
Hancock23 said:
I didn't think I would enjoy this but I did. The teacher was awesome and all the other characters are amusing in their own ways. It's worth watching.
I do agree with you man, i like the characters diversity in this series
Jul 14, 2019 11:33 PM

Jun 2016
The first half was kinda fast paced and therefore didn't have much time to properly set-up or execute jokes, but the second half was great. The "interesting woman" bit was hilarious.
Jul 15, 2019 7:01 AM
Mar 2012
Topic pacing jumped all over the place, like rushing some 4 koma, tho some parts were still hilarious. Should give more time & coherence. Design or art feels lower-middle, closer to Chio's Road.
Baka was kinda annoying but had like two bits of 'wisdom'. Waseda, Wota, Loli, Yamai & Finance/Majime fit their characters & got lots of potential.

Jul 15, 2019 7:43 AM
Dec 2013
This show reminds me of Love Lab, which I really enjoyed. So I might like this too.
Jul 18, 2019 5:31 AM

Jul 2013
It didn't take me long to knew that the teacher is the best character of the series. His introductory scene was by far the funniest scene of the episode.

Also, as soon as I saw the twintailed blonde girl I knew she was going to be a chuuni. Why chuuni characters are wears all those bandages? I wonder.
Jul 19, 2019 6:40 AM

Jan 2014
Great first ep, had me actually laughing several times which is rare for most comedy shows.
Just watched an ep of Dumbbell before starting this, and to me that mediocre Dumbbell show makes this show look like a masterpiece in comparison.
Jul 22, 2019 10:36 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I actually liked this a lot!
I was doing a lot of the voices myself and suddenly a lot more life was given to it. I think some of the comedy really lies in the voice acting. Even after really listening to the Japanese (since I understand it a bit) I kinda confirmed that with myself. The voice acting isn't your typical high voice. They're all pretty deadpan except for our main girl. But the big thing is that a lot of the comedy comes from the voices but with comedic timing. So I feel like people are really missing out if they don't pay special attention to the voices. If a dub is made and done even at bare minimum level then that actually might resonate more with the English-speaking crowd too. Because so much of the humor seems simple and the topics seem mundane, but it's all in the delivery.

I'm excited! I wasn't trying to pick up more shows this season, but here we go!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 23, 2019 5:53 PM

Nov 2012
The main girl is literally me in high school.
Aug 12, 2019 12:16 PM

Dec 2013
This looks like it has potential. Hopefully I can get a good laugh out this later.
Aug 15, 2019 3:15 PM

Dec 2009
The after-credits segment felt like it was still spinning, it was messing with me lmao!

Man i barely started ep1 and already knew this was gonna be great. Dunno why it took me so long to start it.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 19, 2019 5:11 AM

Dec 2016
Pretty solid, just gonna need the second episode to be a little bit funnier if imma continue
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 1, 2019 7:59 PM

Nov 2018
Wow what a comedy gold, I laughed so much. Also, chef guy was best guy in Nozomu's imaginations. Shiori suggesting 'interesting woman' as her nickname was hilarious considering she was quiet for a good amount of time now.
And Loli- Momoi is best girl.
OrangeCloudsSep 1, 2019 8:08 PM
Sep 2, 2019 6:49 AM

Mar 2017
Groenboys said:
Idc what anyone said this is the funniest first episode I have seen in a WHILE.

Same. I got sold on this first episode. Lets see how this goes.
Oct 12, 2019 10:47 AM

Jul 2015
Funny episode, looking forward to more of this

Baka is a really ''interesting'' women, especially with that nickname

This really reminds me of Daily lives of highschool boys

Oct 17, 2019 5:07 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Strong 'Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou' vibes from here, and I absolutely love it!

God, some of the gags this episode was just pure gold! I'm so glad Muse Asia have this uploaded on YouTube because I doubt I'd check it otherwise. Interactions are just brilliant and that Sensei's introduction bit got my sides hurting seriously xD.

Time to binge this in one go now!

Damn that awesome Op though!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 17, 2019 11:38 PM

Jun 2009
Decent first episode. One of the worst openings I've heard in years, though.
Nov 28, 2019 6:01 AM

Sep 2012
teachers speech was cringe
Feb 16, 2020 3:04 PM

Mar 2017
Holy freaking crap this Nozomu Baka girl is a giant POS.

Goes into an all girls school to complain about it being one and then just bugging everyone for wanting to meet a guy, insulting everyone with pretty bad nicknames, is completely DNGAF about school so much that she openly tells the teacher off, fucking picks on another girl for no other reason than to be an annoying POS, her 'friends' tolerate her for some reason, she makes things worse for her teacher even in the supplementary lessons, and throughout it all, WILL NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT LANDING A GUY

The only time I even smiled was when the others were calling her by her nickname. How the FUCK is this a comedy?

This isn't a CGDCT show, the main girl is not cute and the others do not have the screentime to make up for it.

Dropping it after one episode.
Feb 19, 2020 1:26 AM
Aug 2017
Haha alright its pretty funny. I cant help but to compare it with Asobi Asobase which I think is on another level in terms of comedy specially VA. Tanaka carried this episode, after its just 1 ep , i have a good feeling on this one
Apr 10, 2020 8:20 AM
Sep 2015
So her nickname is decided...
The subs were annoying this ep but I hope next time the subbers don't put 4 lines of subs at the same time. What am I supposed to read first?
Jul 12, 2020 6:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Baka was the most suitable nicked for that baka girl, really, a true definition of baka. XD

The other girls seems to had some unique personality. That loli tsundereness and cuteness made me want to steal her! I really intrigueing with her story to even more xD

And once more, the seriously teacher, that done a high speed confession. A decent character so far, thank you very much, sensei, for not bringing any negative thought on you! XD

My impression for this Introduction? A goddamned good. Its very sad i was late to passed here. So, yeah, its sad....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 12, 2020 5:17 PM

May 2010
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
DROP............................So boring.

This, there is no linear progression. it is just random cuts of clips, none of them are funny
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 19, 2020 9:19 PM

Sep 2018
Tanaka reminds me of Tomoko (Watamote) but no anxiety XD her imagination of love story is too broad lol it beats me XD I imagine a lot like her haha
Why there's Chuunibyou?? the loli one is okay but Chuunibyou is too cliche!

The trio seems like Nichijou: Tanaka as Yuuko, Kikuchi as Mio & Saginomiya as Mai, it doesn't beat Nichijou or Daily life of high school boys ofcourse but it's fine.
erenmeiiAug 19, 2020 9:36 PM
May 21, 2021 10:16 AM

Jan 2011
Opening sequence felt like Danshii Kokosei no Nichijou..after finishing the 1st episode, I can't help but compare it to Nichijou and Danshii Kokosei no Nichijou..but, it's just me..
May 21, 2021 7:08 PM

Aug 2018
asgardian said:
Opening sequence felt like Danshii Kokosei no Nichijou..after finishing the 1st episode, I can't help but compare it to Nichijou and Danshii Kokosei no Nichijou..but, it's just me..

That's EXACTLY what I think of this, the bread and jam scene remind me of Danshi Kokousei jokes but the end scene (when they're walked to the train station) remind of Nichijou (and they have 3 girls as the main chara with the same similar characteristics as Nichijou)
Aug 9, 2021 4:17 AM

Oct 2009
This was brilliant!!
Been a while since I watched a show like this, Nichijo/Azumanga Diaoh vibes. Love the cast already!
Sep 14, 2021 11:36 PM
Oct 2020
Slasa33 said:
Since the second half I was bored af. "Comedy" anime, huh
of course . maybe you're more suited to watching the ecchi genre in which there is a sex scene!!!
Nov 5, 2021 11:28 AM

Nov 2013
Dafuq, this show is boring as shit!
I can't stand those characters, especially this bitch who wanted to fuck a lots of boys or something. They are trying to be so interesting and bizarre but they are not! They are fucking unbearable. I only liked the loli but that's not enough to suffer the other seven or eight asshats.
They are just talking and talking and i can't take this anymore!!!
GvendolineNov 5, 2021 11:32 AM
Jan 13, 2022 12:30 AM

Dec 2013
Oh I like this kind of series lol. It kind of reminds me of Nichijou. Overall, this is a funny first episode and I kept laughing at Tanaka's imagination of meeting handsome bois lol

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 29, 2022 12:13 PM
Aug 2021
This show is hella funny. This is going to be a very good gag humour series.
Apr 27, 2023 11:41 PM

Jul 2019
Tanaka wanting a nickname but disliking them all is like a guy I knew in school. He ended up giving himself a "cool" nickname and acting all high and mighty. People started using it mockingly but he didn't notice.

Jan 22, 3:55 PM

Sep 2020
Amazing start, I completely lost it when she was eating the breadcrumbs!

This is my kind of show, laidback and stupid.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Will season 2 come out?

watchanimeshit - Sep 20, 2019

7 by Mike_ptbr »»
Mar 18, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Joshikousei no Mudazukai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

62 by Merra_ »»
Mar 8, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Joshikousei no Mudazukai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2019

69 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 7, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Joshikousei no Mudazukai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

126 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 22, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Joshikousei no Mudazukai Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

45 by oDaw1 »»
Jan 9, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.