Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2019 6:59 PM
Feb 2016
Boys, we did it

Anime can die now

So, it was just announced that a new Akira anime is being produced, and by Sunrise. I'm really happy with the news. Akira is, for me, the best japanese work ever made and finally, FINALLY, we have a remake.
Anyway, what are your expectations? What are the news about this new possible masterpiece?

My expectations are high as hell, I mean, it's SUNRISE. Although I just saw some Gundam stuff and was only recently, I'm really excited to see how's going to be the production.
Imagine something like that:
- An 6 episodes OVA, each episode adapting a manga volume
- The original movie soundtrack and some new musics made by Geinoh Yamashirogumi
- A production as good as it was from Gundam Unicorn [the most recent Sunrise anime that I watched (excepting Gundam NT but we won't talk about this...), and I think it's one of the most well made animes I've ever seen]
Damn, I would give a 10/10 even if it hasn't launched yet.

So anyway, what are your expectations? Are you excited for the new anime? How much time did you waited for this?
(And sorry for my bad english tho lol)

Edit: We can also talk about updates about this project, like... who will be the staff, when will arrive, things like that...
Jul 4, 2019 7:14 PM

Apr 2015
I'm not sure why you're so excited it's Sunrise. It has a small chance of being a big hit, and will more than likely be mediocre. Sunrise hasn't released a good TV Series that wasn't Gundam in years. It will definitely be popular though, and I imagine a 6 episode OVA would be pretty likely. I hope they can do it justice, but I'm skeptical.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Jul 4, 2019 7:48 PM

Nov 2015
If Katsuhiro Otomo is not directing it than the movie will be better.
HACKs! šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®
Jul 4, 2019 8:24 PM
Feb 2016
Cookies said:
I'm not sure why you're so excited it's Sunrise. It has a small chance of being a big hit, and will more than likely be mediocre. Sunrise hasn't released a good TV Series that wasn't Gundam in years. It will definitely be popular though, and I imagine a 6 episode OVA would be pretty likely. I hope they can do it justice, but I'm skeptical.

As I said, I just saw some Gundam anime from them but I really liked, I already saw people commenting about this but... idk, I'm just too optimistic lol.

Old_School_Akira said:
If Katsuhiro Otomo is not directing it than the movie will be better.

I don't think of any reason that he wouldn't direct it. I mean, even if he's already directing Orbital Era, he wouldn't just ignore Akira like that, I guess
But who knows...
Jul 4, 2019 8:28 PM

Apr 2015
Edulcorante said:
Cookies said:
As I said, I just saw some Gundam anime from them but I really liked, I already saw people commenting about this but... idk, I'm just too optimistic lol.
Well I hope you are right too :-)
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Aug 8, 2019 9:40 AM

Apr 2017
I don't know how I feel about this. I hope it's something that can coexist with the existing film.

There was so much story left out of the film but it still managed to be a masterpiece. I am interested to see their take on the other 80% or so of the story that was left out. Most of it isn't essential but there were some very trippy and violent sequences that would be nuts to see animated.

They better not cheap out on the animation, either.
Awoo :3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akira Chapter 120 Discussion

linkjoker - Apr 17, 2017

17 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 116 Discussion

GurschachX - Dec 6, 2023

1 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 113 Discussion

GurschachX - Dec 6, 2023

3 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 19, 2:50 AM

» Akira ending

Jacky08 - Feb 14

3 by Jacky08 »»
Feb 16, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Akira Chapter 110 Discussion

GurschachX - Dec 6, 2023

1 by almightybismarck »»
Feb 3, 7:02 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.