Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kanata no Astra Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 13, 12:45 PM

I love the start however I have one issue.

If you are going to name your starship, there is only one logical name.....

It's the Enterprise.

Jul 13, 3:19 PM

WolfWood37 said:

It's the Enterprise.

nanana
the only logical name is The O'Neill xD
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 13, 3:29 PM

Nim0174 said:
WolfWood37 said:

It's the Enterprise.

nanana

Who wanted to name his ship The Enterprise.

:)

Jul 13, 4:07 PM

WolfWood37 said:
Nim0174 said:

nanana

Who wanted to name his ship The Enterprise.

:)

HAHAHA damn you you win
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 14, 1:50 AM
Is this Darling in the Space?
I mean... is it going to have any romance?

Jul 15, 7:47 PM

That opening shot reminded me a lot of Gravity. Except Kanata doesn't have to make like Clooney's character.

Jul 16, 4:04 AM

Was not that bad. Of course this is no competitor for really great similar anime. But the base setting and most of the chars and comedy is okay and the backgrounds fleshed some of the chars a bit out a bit.

Though I think it was a bit much drama ... with that teacher who died. The way he looked at his tablet computer I already knew this would be revealed when they were walking and arriving at that cliff at the hill. I knew they show the teacher dying.

The main problem is the behaviour of the clumsy girl and the captain guy. I hope they'll tone the overly stupid behaviour of the clumsy girl a lot down in the next episodes. I mean: This isn't really funny. Feels like some outdated comedy style. (How old is that manga?)

Was weird when at tha start they showed her drifting in space - great atmosphere. Then switching to the previous day and totally different atmosphere. I think them working together on the ship was pretty okay and the captain every now and then stating the obvious (and them commenting on it) could be endurable as running gag.

Jul 16, 2:31 PM

This is really good. I'm totally up for a spaxe survival anime.
Liking the characters so far. Visuals and musics are good too.

Jul 16, 3:32 PM

A very good 1 episode. This might be very interesting if they won't make a "new planet per week" thing.

Also we are basically getting "No man's sky - The Animation"?

Jul 17, 5:59 PM

Whoa! I didn't expect to love it so much! Glad I decided to pick this up after all~ Thanks to geoff from Mother's Basement~

Jul 17, 8:41 PM

I has some illogical stuff in the script but I can ignore it, I ll probably enjoy this show, I just needed a sci-fi so badly...

Jul 18, 4:46 PM
New Guy
I loved the look of this anime it looked pretty and it felt like I was watching a movie. Characters seem interesting and unique I am eager to see them grow. I thought the show was funny when it needed to be and suspenseful and serious when it needs to as well. One of the shows to look out for

Jul 22, 1:31 AM

Yey finally space anime I loved this episode. I rally like characters so far, especially Aries Spring she is just so charming and adorable. I will definitely watch more and I recommend it for fans of space anime.

X s t a s y

“I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours”
―Cheshire Cat

Jul 25, 8:34 PM
Star Trek: Voyager with teenagers. That's what I was thinking this show was when I watched it. In all seriousness, though, this is an interesting concept and the characters are all engaging and likeable. While the idea of characters lost in space isn't entirely new (just look at Star Trek: Voyager), Astra Lost in Space manages to breath new life into it. I'm guessing the main theme will be about having faith in harsh times, what with Kanata's attitude throughout in the episode. Definitely a keeper for this season!

Jul 26, 7:14 AM
Cool directing & immersive sound design.
Weird switching between suspense & comedy but still ok, didn't quite notice it's 48minutes. Hand holding & lots of dialogue are corny, but also thematic to Aries & what Kanata said about survival, and it's nice each character is very unique weirdo.
The conspiracy, group discussion & conflict were also interesting, so not just all following an mc blindly.
Their designs remind of lots of shows. McGillis of ibo. Shinobu & Yoshino/Yoshinon blended. Kanata from every 90s shounen.

Jul 30, 5:46 PM

40 minutes in the first episode? Nice.

I expected something awful but I'm a bit surprised. The main male cast, except the disgusting and unnecessary kid with purple hair, are husbando material for this season but, to be fair, the comedy is boring and the same kid with purple hair was so stupid to touch that ball. Main female MC piss me off to no end.

Well, I hope it's better in the next episode.
Modified by Nurguburu, Jul 31, 4:24 AM
Life has no meaning.

Jul 31, 11:38 AM

This seems to be rather interesting. This "double length" episode introduced all the main characters, and we know both their situation, and their goal.

I'm looking forward to seeing the first planet they're heading to.

Aug 6, 11:55 PM

One of the best 1st episodes I've ever seen for any 2010s modern anime. I'm pleasantly surprised. Didn't even feel it was 40 minutes long! Which is saying a lot.

I don't know why isn't this among the most popular anime of the season.

Aug 11, 7:26 AM

Ferien said:
One of the best 1st episodes I've ever seen for any 2010s modern anime. I'm pleasantly surprised. Didn't even feel it was 40 minutes long! Which is saying a lot.

I don't know why isn't this among the most popular anime of the season.

Because it doesn’t have mechas, superpowers, and standout characters like most appealing sci fi / space shows have. Plus the source material isn’t particularly popular outside Japan.

Aug 16, 7:53 AM
Review Moderator
God Eater

Oh wow, this introductory episode blew my expectations! Gripping suspense, endearing cast, great soundtrack, and nostalgic early-2000 character designs. I notice many people complaining about the comedy, but I found the jokes to be spot-on most of the time. I was so engrossed that I didn't even realize it had double the running time of a regular episode. The only downside imo is the typical shounen flashbacks.

Looking forward to more of this. Has the potential to become my second favorite this season, below Vinland Saga.

Aug 17, 5:14 AM
papsoshea said:
Oh, I was not ready for the 40+ minute episode lol pretty interesting so far, some characters I liked off the bat, CG is not bad, music is nice, visually appealing, etc. Just what the heck was that white ball of energy that sucked them in and warped them deep into space? I look forward to these space adventurers, so bring on the next episode.
i dont know a different black hole?

Sep 13, 1:14 AM

It's so fucking good and refreshing

Oct 1, 9:33 AM
Supreme Tsundere

When the summer season started I actually though this would be interesting, to watch, eventually.
Now that the anime has finished and I keep hearing alot of good things about it, sooner than expected, but here I m, and after ep1 I wanted to watch ep2, so that is a good thing.

Definitly interested to see how they will survive in space and all.

Oct 3, 2:06 PM

"Untimut daibamomo" lmao
"hey, mom!"
Kanata's tsukkomi are hilarious
"Don't... . be sorry."
Why didn't just use the ship to rescue Aries? Or were they too unfocused to think about that possibility? Hmm.
But ye pretty enjoyable stuff, I liked this episode.
Wait. Luca is a boy? I was convinced he's a girl, I didn't even consider he could be a guy wow. I only happened to get to know it on checking the character page here after I had watched the episode. (editting just to be clear
Modified by BitterBones, Oct 4, 2:05 AM

Oct 8, 9:18 AM

The Weeb Breakfast Club in Space, nice.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Oct 12, 2:58 AM

I rarely watch space genre anime, but somehow this pique my interest, and ..... yeah this seems great and interesting. as expected from "Sket Dance" author, i smell hidden Gem of this Summer. even better it comes with 1 hour special 1st episode.

The OP was nice, i like this kind of "space castaway" thingy that revolve around friendship and trust ina group of people. i loved that chain of "holding hands" moments in this episodes, that was may favorite one. there are some light jokes in it and they were great and funny, reminding me of sket dance. it seems every chacarters have their own speciality and unique characteristic, interesting ..... I expecting some plot twist and wonderful moments and beautiful scenery, can't wait to see next episode.
Modified by r16fourarm, Oct 12, 3:06 AM

Oct 15, 12:46 AM

I thought they will call the ship, the Enterprise. :) Seriously Star Trekk-y feel. a captain, the glasses white haired boy will be the knowlegde or science officer like Spock. I like the show. Surprisingly, it's also a manga on ShonenJump but I think I will stick to the anime for now.

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]