Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kanata no Astra Episode 1 Discussion


Jul 4, 1:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 471
This is in the early lead for anime of the season for sure, lots of anime yet to air but I think this will be top 5 at least in probably one of the best anime seasons of all time.
 
Jul 4, 2:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 966


Xenocrisi said:
Oh wow didn’t expect double length

Really really good start, but I was kinda expecting this to be good.
Let’s hope this keeps up to its premise

Wow just realized this after completing the first episode. Definitely a best watch.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

 
Jul 4, 3:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 46
Wow what a good start. I cant wait for next eps.
Try watch this with headphone.
 
Jul 4, 4:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 649
Ides385 said:
If a manga reader wouldn't mind informing me. Is this going to be more about high school drama or more about the journey back?

I can see the potential for plenty of the typical teen drama which can make me dizzy from eye-rolling. But the tags and the first episode seem to have a light hearted space journey vibe, which I'm down for.

I liked the production and characters so far.


eh no it has some sick plot twist..


its not really a drama, just watch it, its 13 eps

wwwwwwww
Draconalis said:

That guy, among all of them, didn't thinking to wind the wire back, attach it to someone else and get them without the dumb "make a chain of people that's going to risk everyone because things in space are much harder to stop than you're making it out to be" plan?

And I'm not a huge fan of the personalities that's been displayed... the pink haired girl is annoying, the main character is... shounen... and the loner is being stupidly anti-social.

All that being said, the premise is just interesting enough or I'm just "space sci-fi" starved enough (probably the latter) that I'll give it another episode or two before I decided to cut or not.



just for reference, in the manga kanata grabbed the wire
someone earlier justified that it might have taken too long to coil the wire back up and attach it to someone else
just watch the whole thing, i promise it will be worth it eventually, there is more to the characters as well, except for Aries.

-ShadowClaw- said:

One thing i need to ask from manga readers, do you think one cour is enough for this 5 volume adaption or it would be better 2 cour? i would prefer the later to make sure it is done right but maybe one cour would be enough.

I would appreciate some clarification thanks.


im guessing they will do the whole thing, due to the way the plot plays out it doesn't make any sense to split seasons

its 49 chapters, and they did 2 chapters in the first ep
the first chapter is around 3 chapters long (70 pages) the rest are 20-25 pages
i could see them manage to adapt 4-5 chapters per ep, so i do see it work in 1 cour

Tsukizono said:
I have no idea why everyone is complaining about the stereotypical cast. I'm not invested in anyone and I don't think anyone is particularly interesting, but it's only the first episode, so OF COURSE they're going to seem like typical archetypes since no one has gotten proper development yet.

Also the "plot convenient" black hole, the spaceship and all that. Again, it's just the first episode, and the mysteries would (hopefully) have some explanation anyways. I also preferred the human chain that they added in the anime because it definitely made the scene more emotional and impactful.

Jeez guys, this is a damn good first episode. You don't write a perfectly developed character arc in 1/12 episodes of a show.


exactly, i know right, its funny seeing comments like that, u got the point


wolfwing said:
I'm enjoying this, though I have a weird theory.....about all this and not read the manga so if right it's by accident.

That this is all part of the camp experience, they just HAPPEN to end up near a earth ship, or at least a ship that uses earth numbers and such?


just watch, you won't guess what will happen anyway
Modified by Nim0174, Jul 4, 4:35 AM
You son of a .. turtle

 
Jul 4, 4:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 21
It's nice, sure, but I was a bit put off personally by some of the long flashbacks and all those hand-holding-for-no-apparent-reason shenanigans, heh
They did have quite some suspense there
At this point it feels like at least one someone ought to die on their journey through all those planets, maybe more
Otherwise it would feel a bit too far fetched, even for an anime
 
Jul 4, 5:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2755
She did sound like Inorin but I was strongly convinced it was a newcomer soundalike for some reason.

Not bad...can see it get quite good. Blessed with some extremely corny aesthetics for a space SF show though, even the cover looks less than appetizing.
 
Jul 4, 5:27 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2166
Draconalis said:

That guy, among all of them, didn't thinking to wind the wire back, attach it to someone else and get them without the dumb "make a chain of people that's going to risk everyone because things in space are much harder to stop than you're making it out to be" plan?

There wasn't time to retrieve the rope by hand - those guys were coming relatively faster.

Also Kanata aiming for the rope instead of the ship could be harder like it could become invisible from certain angle due to the lighting despite being closer.


The main problem for me is that Kanata was supposed to be send back towards the ship when the rope ended, not hanging out few meters just out of reach of Aries.


I think that the main point here is intellect or not those guys don't have any experience with microgravity and space (well maybe the silent guy but we don't know much about him).
Even the smartest kids could make stupid and potentially fatal mistakes in situation like that.

Also when the teleport sphere thingy appeared there was a mass hysteria - no time to react rationally.

The 200IQ guys was fast but only with stuff he is familiar with - calculating, accessing databases, using navigational software ect.


I think the main issue people are having with this show is that they are expecting it to be somehow more serious, gritty, dramatic or whatever. It obviously isn't (unless the the authors are not planing some moodswing ahead). This is definitely not a hardcore sci-fi, more of a pulp fiction-ish adventure.
Modified by alshu, Jul 4, 5:33 AM
 
Jul 4, 5:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 2
Nim0174 said:
Ides385 said:
If a manga reader wouldn't mind informing me. Is this going to be more about high school drama or more about the journey back?

I can see the potential for plenty of the typical teen drama which can make me dizzy from eye-rolling. But the tags and the first episode seem to have a light hearted space journey vibe, which I'm down for.

I liked the production and characters so far.


eh no it has some sick plot twist..


its not really a drama, just watch it, its 13 eps



Thank you for the heads up. I could see myself dropping it if it had a couple slow episodes. I'll keep it on my list then.
 
Jul 4, 6:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 649
Ides385 said:
Nim0174 said:


eh no it has some sick plot twist..


its not really a drama, just watch it, its 13 eps



Thank you for the heads up. I could see myself dropping it if it had a couple slow episodes. I'll keep it on my list then.


im pretty sure it will have a good pace from now on, i just don't see this work in split seasons just because of how the future plot is constructed
we'll know more next week about that, but i consider it worth watching just for the sake of the plot revelations later on in the show
You son of a .. turtle

 
Jul 4, 6:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 149
ycleped said:
And here we have a numbnut who thinks everything is straightforward and there couldn't possibly be any valid reasons for his complaints that we'll find out later on.

This story is a mystery at its core; not everything will be as it seems.

This show is also heavily character-centered, meaning there will be tons of character development. The characters themselves are what drive the plot.


And here we have the first butthurt manga fanboy that expects everyone to sit down and settle down to his own low bar.

Just because it will have character growth, it's not inmune from any form of criticism in it's beginning. There's this thing called "first impression (wich I doubt your ignorant teenager mind would have ever heard of) and it wasn't good at all on my behalf on how lighthearted and unfunny it was presented.

We're already being shown with a change in the story with the human chain instead of playing it more logical (wich just contradicts the 200iq guy who couldn't get to the simplest solution) for the sake to enfatize the already overused "power of friendship" trope

This show is a mystery? ROFL, you should be a comedian, knowing this made me laugh more than the show itself.

Try again harder next time Mr strawman.

nits_ said:

if it's such a waste of time then just give it very low score, write a review telling people to stay away from this n just drop this anime.

don't go on again after next episode explaining how big waste of time it is to you.


How else would I get butthurt salty replies from kiddies like yourself?

I don't need permission to express my discomfort from a series, and certainly I don't need it from some dumb kid like you as if you owned the site.
Modified by Kimurah, Jul 4, 6:13 AM
 
Jul 4, 6:17 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 98
Kimurah said:
ycleped said:
And here we have a numbnut who thinks everything is straightforward and there couldn't possibly be any valid reasons for his complaints that we'll find out later on.

This story is a mystery at its core; not everything will be as it seems.

This show is also heavily character-centered, meaning there will be tons of character development. The characters themselves are what drive the plot.


And here we have the first butthurt manga fanboy that expects everyone to sit down and settle down to his own low bar.

Just because it will have character growth, it's not inmune from any form of criticism in it's beginning. There's this thing called "first impression (wich I doubt your ignorant teenager mind would have ever heard of) and it wasn't good at all on my behalf on how lighthearted and unfunny it was presented.

We're already being shown with a change in the story with the human chain instead of playing it more logical (wich just contradicts the 200iq guy who couldn't get to the simplest solution) for the sake to enfatize the already overused "power of friendship" trope

This show is a mystery? ROFL, you should be a comedian, knowing this made me laugh more than the show itself.

Try again harder next time Mr strawman.

nits_ said:

if it's such a waste of time then just give it very low score, write a review telling people to stay away from this n just drop this anime.

don't go on again after next episode explaining how big waste of time it is to you.


How else would I get butthurt salty replies from kiddies like yourself?

I don't need permission to express my discomfort from a series, and certainly I don't need it from some dumb kid like you as if you owned the site.



do whatever... i'm not continuing this. YOU WON! CHEERS ;)
 
Jul 4, 6:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2546
Nim0174 said:
Ides385 said:


Thank you for the heads up. I could see myself dropping it if it had a couple slow episodes. I'll keep it on my list then.


im pretty sure it will have a good pace from now on, i just don't see this work in split seasons just because of how the future plot is constructed
we'll know more next week about that, but i consider it worth watching just for the sake of the plot revelations later on in the show

Let me guess: Their parents actually have hands in sending them through to that camp where they will go through those hardships. When the old grandma was talking about her time on the Planet Camp she also meant having gone through a life-changing survival experience with hear teammates. And the cycle goes again. Typical!
Re:formed
 
Jul 4, 6:31 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 91
I sit on my chair, watched the whole episode without even knowing that it was a 1 hour long special episode.

Great start, looking forward to the next episode.

 
Jul 4, 6:33 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 315
Daniel_Naumov said:
Nim0174 said:


im pretty sure it will have a good pace from now on, i just don't see this work in split seasons just because of how the future plot is constructed
we'll know more next week about that, but i consider it worth watching just for the sake of the plot revelations later on in the show

Let me guess: Their parents actually have hands in sending them through to that camp where they will go through those hardships. When the old grandma was talking about her time on the Planet Camp she also meant having gone through a life-changing survival experience with hear teammates. And the cycle goes again. Typical!

Interesting theory... But wrong. What happens here is very far from typical, please just trust me on this one.
 
Jul 4, 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 649
Daniel_Naumov said:
Nim0174 said:


im pretty sure it will have a good pace from now on, i just don't see this work in split seasons just because of how the future plot is constructed
we'll know more next week about that, but i consider it worth watching just for the sake of the plot revelations later on in the show

Let me guess: Their parents actually have hands in sending them through to that camp where they will go through those hardships. When the old grandma was talking about her time on the Planet Camp she also meant having gone through a life-changing survival experience with hear teammates. And the cycle goes again. Typical!

xD you couldn't be any more wrong, you can not guess the plot. spoiler, at your own discretion, contains the entire plot of the show, if u are someone who will continue watching don't open this spoiler but if u'r gonna drop it because its just some random space survival and nothing will happen, then u might as well read the spoiler and be proven wrong in your ignorance

Modified by Nim0174, Jul 4, 6:50 AM
You son of a .. turtle

 
Jul 4, 6:46 AM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 6889
It was... enjoyable but a little bit underwhelming too. The premise is nice, the characters are kinda meh so far and since i enjoyed SKET Dance i thought i would enjoy the comedy here but i didn't laugh once.

For now, i can't give more than a 6/10 but lets see how it goes now.
 
Jul 4, 7:02 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2546
Nim0174 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Let me guess: Their parents actually have hands in sending them through to that camp where they will go through those hardships. When the old grandma was talking about her time on the Planet Camp she also meant having gone through a life-changing survival experience with hear teammates. And the cycle goes again. Typical!

xD you couldn't be any more wrong, you can not guess the plot. spoiler, at your own discretion, contains the entire plot of the show, if u are someone who will continue watching don't open this spoiler but if u'r gonna drop it because its just some random space survival and nothing will happen, then u might as well read the spoiler and be proven wrong in your ignorance


Oh so I tried to guess the story and suddenly I am IGNORANT? That's a new level of unwarranted insults right here. I am seriously triggered by the lack of any civil attitude and respect what-so-ever.
Re:formed
 
Jul 4, 7:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 217
To be honest, this one's not in my plan to watch list. But after trying it, looks like I hit a jackpot. I didn't expect it to be this good. And having to hear Minase Inori's cheerful voice is one of the best reasons to watch this. Very good pilot episode. 5/5 right there.
Not sure which is more cancerous...The Facebook comment sections or MAL anime reviews.
 
Jul 4, 7:24 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 10635
Well, the setting is really interesting, I'm very interested. The cast is beyond goddamn generic, it's so damn generic that it's just uhh... Good that the first episode was 40 minutes, feel like it got me into the story way better.
 
Jul 4, 7:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 649
Daniel_Naumov said:

Oh so I tried to guess the story and suddenly I am IGNORANT? That's a new level of unwarranted insults right here. I am seriously triggered by the lack of any civil attitude and respect what-so-ever.

No, thats not what i said at all, i said you are ignorant because you talked about your guess as if it is a fact and how typical it is. And how is calling someone ignorant an insult? Its just my observiation by the behaviour you displayed.
You son of a .. turtle

 
Jul 4, 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 4336
Oh wow a double length episode. Aries is kinda annoying.
 
Jul 4, 7:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7555
Welp. I am gonna add a screencap of my favourite girl in the story in each episode thread.



OMG! She looks even more beautiful in the anime.

This is so much better than the manga. They added a bit more suspense. And the feel of despair is captured better.

I think I am gonna love the adaptation. Stopped reading the manga after volume 3 because I wanted to experience this in animated form! Hope I can keep myself from reading though.

And I hope those who didn't like the first episode just drop it here and now. Then we will have to read less annoying comments. :P
<<<< Click to see how you may #HelpKyoAniHeal

 
Jul 4, 7:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 180
A very good adaptation so far, hopefully, this show will not be overlooked.
 
Jul 4, 8:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 649
shanimebib said:
Welp. I am gonna add a screencap of my favourite girl in the story in each episode thread.



OMG! She looks even more beautiful in the anime.

This is so much better than the manga. They added a bit more suspense. And the feel of despair is captured better.

I think I am gonna love the adaptation. Stopped reading the manga after volume 3 because I wanted to experience this in animated form! Hope I can keep myself from reading though.

And I hope those who didn't like the first episode just drop it here and now. Then we will have to read less annoying comments. :P


i know right, she is absolutely gorgeous, i didn't like her at first in the manga she seemed annoying but i grew to really like her somehow
uff you stopped before it gets reaaally good, now since the anime is here, as long as they do a complete adaption definitely wait before reading :D might want to read it afterwards either way to get the full experience

also regarding the last thing u said, i've never understood why people feel the need to go on Threads of Anime they don't like and voice their solely negative unconstructive opinions
i've no issue with people writing negative reviews, but there really is no need to go to each episode discussion no one likes hearing about those opinions anyway
i mean they have all right to do so, but its useless, annoying and serves absolutely no purpose, i just don't see why ppl feel the need to go to episode discussions and discuss things they don't like instead of discussing things that they do like, party poopers.
if i don't like an anime i do not discuss it, i think a lot of people do that, and i can't comprehend why people feel the need to force their negativity on others.
You son of a .. turtle

 
Jul 4, 8:27 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9708
That blonde guy is just Eugeo isn't it? Same hair, same face and same voice.
Best boi, fite me

 
Jul 4, 8:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 8
It was amazing. It has been a long time since I have watched something so interesting. The plot has been laid quite successfully and seems promising.
 
Jul 4, 8:41 AM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 6661
It was alright, got kinda bored at times considering the duration of this episode but kept in interested at certain points.

Seems very Ryvius lite.

 
Jul 4, 9:37 AM

Online
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5275
Very good and climatic first episode.
 
Jul 4, 9:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 134
Very good, I'm going to have something to watch on Thursdays.
 
Jul 4, 10:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 3
Mobius said:
Horrible. Generic call out attacks, magical girl circles for anti gravity, horrible comedy, and bad pacing. Dropped it first 10 minutes.

SAME, I hate this easy to watch for otaku direction
 
Jul 4, 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 1137
hey does anybody know who voiced Aries Spring, cu'z MAL seems to forgot to put her character in the the anime data base??????
 
Jul 4, 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1434
Guess Mal only care about intense action scene or big shock factor twist these days.

A logical sci-fi series with proper character buildup and interaction? Nah that's too boring for Mal's "prestigious" taste.

Anyway, a very well done first episode.
Kinda rare to find a series like this nowadays, with how many generic copy-paste boring isekai setting and battle shonen out there with all the same first episode.
But yeah, gotta praise Shield's Hero's first episode with edgy + shitty writing and characters that make 0 sense , and give this serie a low score instead. Typical Mal.
 
Jul 4, 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 207
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
hey does anybody know who voiced Aries Spring, cu'z MAL seems to forgot to put her character in the the anime data base??????


Inori Minase. Voiced Mari in A Place Further Than the Universe and Shoko in Bunny Girl Senpai, among others.

You can always check ANN if MAL isn't up to date.
 
Jul 4, 12:36 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 315
Ides385 said:
If a manga reader wouldn't mind informing me. Is this going to be more about high school drama or more about the journey back?

I can see the potential for plenty of the typical teen drama which can make me dizzy from eye-rolling. But the tags and the first episode seem to have a light hearted space journey vibe, which I'm down for.

I liked the production and characters so far.

There's really not much drama whatsoever and any drama that might come up is very significant to the overarching plot of making the journey back.
 
Jul 4, 12:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 649
Ventus_S said:
Guess Mal only care about intense action scene or big shock factor twist these days.

A logical sci-fi series with proper character buildup and interaction? Nah that's too boring for Mal's "prestigious" taste.

Anyway, a very well done first episode.
Kinda rare to find a series like this nowadays, with how many generic copy-paste boring isekai setting and battle shonen out there with all the same first episode.
But yeah, gotta praise Shield's Hero's first episode with edgy + shitty writing and characters that make 0 sense , and give this serie a low score instead. Typical Mal.


this is something i can agree completely with :-D
You son of a .. turtle

 
Jul 4, 12:46 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 1503
Great, a pure adventure in space without giant robots or fighting monsters. There's this mysterious sphere thing but the setting overall looks nice, pretty interesting plot so far and likeable characters. I hope it will get only better later on.
 
Jul 4, 1:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 274
Pretty good episode. it wasn't anything special but the execution was on point and it made you interested to continue watching.
 
Jul 4, 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 94
This series is pleasant surprise. It wasn't even on mu radar at the very beggining and decided to watch it on a whim, it made me pretty interested. I will keep being anime only person and read manga after season ends to see the differences.
 
Jul 4, 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 5468
Have to say I expected something quite different as I got classic anime teenage drama only this time set in space.

But this is really shounen at its heart, right? Everything was happy-go-lucky, character too and also way too convenient. The sphere appear right after the instructors got out. They put their helmets down the moment they closed the door without checking outside atmosphere for example. My head can't think of any reason why they didn't reuse the rope when they were nearer to it. A ship running on vacuum.. pardon me? Classic reveal of the tough past only few moment after it was introduced was bad (as a plot device, the scene actually worked). And the calculation of their way home was also so unreal and too convenient to my taste - as they can't possibly know if they would even find anything edible on each planet so far from their home.

Hopefully was just a start to set their starting and that from now on, this turns into more darker drama and struggle for survival. Kinda doubt as this show is meant for children but one can still hope, right?
 
Jul 4, 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1792
A double-length first episode to starts things off and it was a pretty good start. =)

We have a cast of a mixture of personalities, from happy-go-lucky, tsundere and so on. It was interesting to see them getting into the situation they got into by that weird sphere and how they were able to find a way to work together to reunite Aries with the rest of the crew and plan a way to get back home.

The animation and visuals from Lerche were very good throughout the first episode and a special mention goes to the soundtrack, which was pretty great in this episode, too. ^_^

I'm expecting some twists and turns throughout this series, so I'm in for the whole journey, as usual.
 
Jul 4, 3:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 9
Really good OST so far. The wire plot hole was a weird decision.
 
Jul 4, 3:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 22
Animation's good and characters are more complex. Can't wait for more. Good thing I gave it a shot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 4, 3:39 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 315
Mich666 said:
Have to say I expected something quite different as I got classic anime teenage drama only this time set in space.

But this is really shounen at its heart, right? Everything was happy-go-lucky, character too and also way too convenient. The sphere appear right after the instructors got out. They put their helmets down the moment they closed the door without checking outside atmosphere for example. My head can't think of any reason why they didn't reuse the rope when they were nearer to it. A ship running on vacuum.. pardon me? Classic reveal of the tough past only few moment after it was introduced was bad (as a plot device, the scene actually worked). And the calculation of their way home was also so unreal and too convenient to my taste - as they can't possibly know if they would even find anything edible on each planet so far from their home.

Hopefully was just a start to set their starting and that from now on, this turns into more darker drama and struggle for survival. Kinda doubt as this show is meant for children but one can still hope, right?


This is a shounen manga at its core. It's the one thing that held the manga back from truly being a masterpiece for me. But I knew what I was getting into, and it's probably the best shounen manga I've ever read because of how everything develops and all of the plot twists and foreshadowing leading up to them. For reference, I have a general disdain of shounen.
 
Jul 4, 4:19 PM

Online
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4664
Aaaaaand drop...!

I'm kidding this was a good start and very dramatic, although I'm not a space anime person. The characters are coordinates well so far and I hope it won't disappoint.
¡Ay, caramba! --- Bart Simpson

 
Jul 4, 4:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 2691
I was surprised by how long the episode was. I enjoyed it though. It had some elements that reminded me of Gravity and Interstellar.

The characters are sometimes painfully Anime-ish, falling into Anime tropes with the ditzy, pink-haired protag girl, tsundere girl, imouto and the ikemen. Sometimes, when they inject those stereotypical Anime faces, sounds and reactions, it kind of takes away from the plot and is sometimes distracting but I don't hate it. I'll just have to get used to it. I'm going to read the manga after I catch up with the Enen no Shouboutai manga.

Overall, it was an enjoyable episode but does have its flaws. I hope it improves and I wouldn't mind them all getting into one big orgy.
There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards.
 
Jul 4, 4:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 649
Bibimbapski said:

I wouldn't mind them all getting into one big orgy.

dude wtf xD

Bibimbapski said:
I'm going to read the manga

Good choice, if you do just read it from the beginning
You son of a .. turtle

 
Jul 4, 5:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 1045
alshu said:
Draconalis said:

That guy, among all of them, didn't thinking to wind the wire back, attach it to someone else and get them without the dumb "make a chain of people that's going to risk everyone because things in space are much harder to stop than you're making it out to be" plan?

There wasn't time to retrieve the rope by hand - those guys were coming relatively faster.

Also Kanata aiming for the rope instead of the ship could be harder like it could become invisible from certain angle due to the lighting despite being closer.


The main problem for me is that Kanata was supposed to be send back towards the ship when the rope ended, not hanging out few meters just out of reach of Aries.


I think that the main point here is intellect or not those guys don't have any experience with microgravity and space (well maybe the silent guy but we don't know much about him).
Even the smartest kids could make stupid and potentially fatal mistakes in situation like that.

Also when the teleport sphere thingy appeared there was a mass hysteria - no time to react rationally.

The 200IQ guys was fast but only with stuff he is familiar with - calculating, accessing databases, using navigational software ect.


I think the main issue people are having with this show is that they are expecting it to be somehow more serious, gritty, dramatic or whatever. It obviously isn't (unless the the authors are not planing some moodswing ahead). This is definitely not a hardcore sci-fi, more of a pulp fiction-ish adventure.


Yes, there was time. That's how it originally was in the manga, the anime changed that part for no reason. lol And the change isn't even good because it's a stupid one.

Mich666 said:
Have to say I expected something quite different as I got classic anime teenage drama only this time set in space.

But this is really shounen at its heart, right? Everything was happy-go-lucky, character too and also way too convenient. The sphere appear right after the instructors got out. They put their helmets down the moment they closed the door without checking outside atmosphere for example. My head can't think of any reason why they didn't reuse the rope when they were nearer to it. A ship running on vacuum.. pardon me? Classic reveal of the tough past only few moment after it was introduced was bad (as a plot device, the scene actually worked). And the calculation of their way home was also so unreal and too convenient to my taste - as they can't possibly know if they would even find anything edible on each planet so far from their home.

Hopefully was just a start to set their starting and that from now on, this turns into more darker drama and struggle for survival. Kinda doubt as this show is meant for children but one can still hope, right?


Well, yeah. It's on Shonen Jump+, which is a magazine where you can publish manga for teenagers and adult as well, unlike Weekly Shounen Jump. So in this case, this manga could be both Shonen or Seinen.

And Shounen isn't about any of this but the demography for the magazine in where the manga is published.
shanimebib said:
Welp. I am gonna add a screencap of my favourite girl in the story in each episode thread.



OMG! She looks even more beautiful in the anime.

This is so much better than the manga. They added a bit more suspense. And the feel of despair is captured better.

I think I am gonna love the adaptation. Stopped reading the manga after volume 3 because I wanted to experience this in animated form! Hope I can keep myself from reading though.

And I hope those who didn't like the first episode just drop it here and now. Then we will have to read less annoying comments. :P


Hahaha no, it doesn't, at all. designs are good (I'll give you that) but the direction is quite average, CG is bad, and so on. The only thing carrying this anime is the story, characters and plot, along Shinohara's original designs and artstyle, which all were created by him on the original manga as this anime is a copy and paste of his work but animated, same as so many manga adaptations to anime out there.
 
Jul 4, 5:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 268
Have to admit,I wasn't expecting too much,but it certainly delivered that and more.
I'm hoping it'll at least keep to this level,or better.
 
Jul 4, 5:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 268
Nim0174 said:
also regarding the last thing u said, i've never understood why people feel the need to go on Threads of Anime they don't like and voice their solely negative unconstructive opinions
i've no issue with people writing negative reviews, but there really is no need to go to each episode discussion no one likes hearing about those opinions anyway
i mean they have all right to do so, but its useless, annoying and serves absolutely no purpose, i just don't see why ppl feel the need to go to episode discussions and discuss things they don't like instead of discussing things that they do like, party poopers.
if i don't like an anime i do not discuss it, i think a lot of people do that, and i can't comprehend why people feel the need to force their negativity on others.

Gotta admit,you hit that nail right on the head there.I'm tired of people trashing series they don't like from the first episode,and then going on to do the damn same for every damn episode after.
As for why they keep doing it time and time again,I think it just feeds their damn ego's.
 
Jul 4, 6:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 288
This shit is my jam, in my over indulgence of isekai and harem anime, I am finding myself so satisfied with this breath of fresh content. Its been a minute since my heart has been into a space anime, and HOLY DAMN did I not go into this expecting mediocre to garbage content. I WAS WRONG, its golden so far, excellent start. Lovely half introductions to the character leaving lots of room for development, and man oh man do I want a hand puppet that talks shit to people. GAAAH, satisfied.
 
Top
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »