Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2019 2:57 AM
Jun 2012
https://twitter.com/livechart_me/status/1146233601794531328?s=21

In the end it just will be another source material promotion anime.
Jul 3, 2019 3:38 AM

Dec 2013
not familiar with the source material at all, but are 12 eps enough to faithfully adapt the manga? i heard the first episode was a one-hour special so maybe it'll adapt multiple chapters?
Jul 3, 2019 4:09 AM
Aug 2018
They'll likely do a full adaptaion but it maybe very rushed. I hope it's a full adaptation Manga was pretty good.
Jul 3, 2019 4:35 AM

May 2009
Manga is 5 volumes long so it's probably enough.
marconii2002 said:
https://twitter.com/livechart_me/status/1146233601794531328?s=21

In the end it just will be another source material promotion anime.

Every adaptation is meant to promote source material.
Jul 3, 2019 4:39 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
First episode will be an hour special!

Given that the manga is only 5 volumes in length, shouldn’t 12 (basically 13, rather) be more than enough for a complete adaption?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 3, 2019 7:24 AM

Apr 2019
i think its enough tbh, Attack on Titan did 2 chapters per EP and is ridiculously long.
On ther other hand Astra has around 20 pages per chapters

but ill need to see the first ep so i can judge the pace
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 3, 2019 7:33 AM

May 2017
Inuyashiki had double the amount of volumes and it turned out fine with 11 ep. 13 ep should be sufficient enough for this.
Jul 3, 2019 9:15 AM
Apr 2016
So how does it look like after the first episode? Do you think they will manage to adapt everything in 12 episodes? Supposing all the remaining of them will have 24 minutes?
Jul 3, 2019 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
JanPri said:
So how does it look like after the first episode? Do you think they will manage to adapt everything in 12 episodes? Supposing all the remaining of them will have 24 minutes?

They covered two chapters, but first chapter is pretty long.

So on an average, 4 chapters per episode for full adaptation, think it's just manageable, can feel a bit rushed though.
Jul 3, 2019 9:27 AM

May 2017
JanPri said:

The manga honestly could have been completed in 35 chapters instead of 48. For me, at times it felt like it dragged. The story was super good, but it was super slow at points and they spent too much time on unnecessary stuff.

I think if anything, having only 12 episodes will help the pacing.
Jul 3, 2019 10:35 AM
Apr 2016
It's amazing I can see myself wait for years to see it complete.
JanPri said:

Just make them all 48 minutes. I will pay for that, a little.
Daniel_NaumovJul 3, 2019 10:44 AM
Re:formed
Jul 8, 2019 2:57 PM

Apr 2019
ycleped said:
JanPri said:

The manga honestly could have been completed in 35 chapters instead of 48. For me, at times it felt like it dragged. The story was super good, but it was super slow at points and they spent too much time on unnecessary stuff.

I think if anything, having only 12 episodes will help the pacing.

btw, what did you consider unnecessary?
i was thinking about how they could quick the pace but there is so much dialogue in that manga
just wanted to hear some of your thoughts
they would need to adapt 4.27 chapters per episode to fit the rest of the chapters in 11 episodes
hard to say i guess, maybe next ep will reveal how much they can adapt
or do you think later chapters can cut some stuff? im not sure
its honestly grinding my nerves..
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 9, 2019 12:50 PM

Oct 2015
The_Smoking_Man said:
Inuyashiki had double the amount of volumes and it turned out fine with 11 ep. 13 ep should be sufficient enough for this.

Not all manga have the same amount of content. Astra has as much dialogue in 1 chapter than Inuyashiki has in 5.

2 chapters per episode would of worked perfectly for Astra imo and im still hoping theyll end up doing a second season. Guess we'll find out with the second episode...
Jul 12, 2019 1:31 AM

Aug 2015
The_Smoking_Man said:

Inuyashiki had very few dialogues and more action scenes Whereas,Astra is driven by the interactions between it's characters,i.e,it has way more dialogues than inuyashiki

Judging by how they adapted the second episode,it definitely feels like that they are thinking of adapting the whole series in 12 episodes, which for me, is not a good sign as it can hinder the story,character development etc
Jul 12, 2019 5:08 AM

Apr 2019
madarchod said:
The_Smoking_Man said:

Inuyashiki had very few dialogues and more action scenes Whereas,Astra is driven by the interactions between it's characters,i.e,it has way more dialogues than inuyashiki

Judging by how they adapted the second episode,it definitely feels like that they are thinking of adapting the whole series in 12 episodes, which for me, is not a good sign as it can hinder the story,character development etc

you are right but they did a good job on the 2nd ep
i think its a fine pace if they can continue adapting it like that
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 30, 2019 5:17 PM
May 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
First episode will be an hour special!

Given that the manga is only 5 volumes in length, shouldn’t 12 (basically 13, rather) be more than enough for a complete adaption?

depends on the chapters. Hero Aca adapts around 2 chapters per episode, whereas Yona of the dawn crammed 8-9 volumes into 1 two cour series while cutting nothing out. Then there are manga like Noragami where they might cut out small things that don't necessarily matter as much. There is one problem that could occur if the chapters aren't adapted correctly. The seven deadly sins became a bit of a mess when it adapted around a hundred chapters into 24 episodes, leading to things being a bit rushed in both seasons. Tokyo Ghoul, nuff said, and recently I found that the adaptation of To The Abondoned sacred beasts was quite bad for adding content that was either boring or ruined portions of the story, then cut out a lot of character and charm in favor of making the characters bland, and/or annoying. So there's a bit of risk when adapting material, it could be rushed it could just suck, or it could work perfectly well.
Jul 30, 2019 8:41 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
NG_Chloe said:
depends on the chapters. Hero Aca adapts around 2 chapters per episode, whereas Yona of the dawn crammed 8-9 volumes into 1 two cour series while cutting nothing out. Then there are manga like Noragami where they might cut out small things that don't necessarily matter as much. There is one problem that could occur if the chapters aren't adapted correctly. The seven deadly sins became a bit of a mess when it adapted around a hundred chapters into 24 episodes, leading to things being a bit rushed in both seasons. Tokyo Ghoul, nuff said, and recently I found that the adaptation of To The Abondoned sacred beasts was quite bad for adding content that was either boring or ruined portions of the story, then cut out a lot of character and charm in favor of making the characters bland, and/or annoying. So there's a bit of risk when adapting material, it could be rushed it could just suck, or it could work perfectly well.

Right, so far it’s been pretty good so hopefully it keeps up the momentum. And yeah, I totally agree with your point. Directing and Storyboard are one of the most essential piece in making an anime, after all.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 9, 2019 10:37 AM
Apr 2016
I left this series out of the weekly viewing schedule, is there any information whether they are willing to adapt the whole story or not?
Aug 10, 2019 7:01 PM

May 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
I left this series out of the weekly viewing schedule, is there any information whether they are willing to adapt the whole story or not?

Of course it will be complete adaptation. Manga ended and it's only 5 volumes long.
Aug 10, 2019 11:36 PM
Apr 2016
bastek66 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Of course it will be complete adaptation. Manga ended and it's only 5 volumes long.

Neat, thanks for the good news.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.