Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 3, 2019 2:46 AM

Jan 2019
Lets walk away from the comedy, tragedies, sexiness, and look deeper into what philosophy Sebastian, Ciel, and the rest of the crew spewed. By the way, if you haven't watched all 10 episodes of Book of Circus I would suggest you do before reading this cause...

MAJOR SPOILERS!

==Moving on..==

We have ideas of protection, the different points of the "stolen or stealer", "right or wrong".

We have Joker's side. He protects what is most dear to him. His family, the orphans, his father who took him in when he was at his worst. In order to protect what is most precious to him he diligently abides by what his father/caretaker tells him to do. But what must he do to protect the ones he loves... kidnap, enslave, and kill children and working men (with children of their own). He steals the happiness (child) from their parents in order to protect and keep his family's happiness intact.

Then we have Ciel's side. He protects the queen and all the people who she rules by carrying out her deeds. Those who oppose Ciel are endangering the queen and her people. He must protect what is most precious to him. He kills, murders, lies, spies, tricks, but he must do it so that he can protect his "happiness" which is carrying out the queen's deeds and protecting those he loves (Lizzy).

Who is truely right? Ciel or Joker?

==Here is where I stand...==

I lean toward Ciel. Even though he does have his ways with doing his deeds. He protects the majority of others. He stopped children from being kidnapped and saved the many familys who could have had their children stolen or the lives of the children in fact. I see many people who think Joker is a victim or he didn't deserve it but if you really think about it. He is a criminal, a murderer, and one who deserved being stolen from. He didn't think about the repercussions of what he might be doing. Of how much happiness he could have stolen, he chose the easy way, instead of think about his area of effect to all the lives he had changed.

Who shall you protect? Yourself and your small merry band or sacrifice your own happiness for the sake of the majority? Shall you be the stealer or the stolen from? What shall you do to protect?

===Author's Note===
A good story is always one that makes you think! Or brings you joy... Time to move on to rewatching Book of Atlantic and Murder too. Such good mysteries. If you have any thoughts you should reply. I would like to keep this forum discussion as professional, thought provoking, and very much a 19th century over tea and biscuits kind of conversation.
Jul 3, 2019 3:42 AM

Feb 2019
Last time i watched Book of Circus was about 3 years ago so i only have faint memories of it.

But i must say im completely agree with you. Ciel may have done all the of the foul actions you listed above, but it is for the sake of the others, for the sake of protecting them, for the sake of stopping innocent people's happiness getting stolen. Someone need to carry the Queen's deed and suceed it no matter what horrible ways they should do. And the Queen trust Ciel in that, the Queen trust her Watchdog. And Ciel knows he is protecting alot of people by carrying her deeds, and in the end everything must be done.

Meanwhile i understand the reason behind Joker's doing. He wants to protect his family and the man who gave him hope. But in the end what he had done is nothing to be justified, it was horrible, it was despicable, and it was selfish.
Jul 3, 2019 3:46 AM

Feb 2019
Curioplex said:

We have Joker's side. He protects what is most dear to him. His family, the orphans, his father who took him in when he was at his worst.

Who are "The Orphans"? did you mean the orphanage Ciel discovered in episode 10 that was already destroyed?
Sep 10, 2021 6:37 AM

Sep 2012
to me.. it seems that he saved them..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

146 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:03 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2014

130 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

97 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

92 by Elyshion »»
Apr 6, 9:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.