Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 2, 2019 2:34 PM

Dec 2013

It pains me to bring the news that we have once again had to deal with tomfoolery happening in our voting process. But it isn't the same as before. For those who were with us in 2017 will remember the incident we had with someone creating around 10 alts and stuffing the ballot. This time it was a more coordinated effort against spirit of competition and the spirit of those who are our club regulars.

We had our suspicions that something nefarious could of been happening last season. This confirms that as well though we not be doing a recount for Winter 2019. Bajar and Meison will be receiving voting bans for the nominations and finalist for the rest of 2019. If more nefarious actions continue then there will be permanent bans given out. If anyone is coerced by Bajar and Meison within the rest of the year to "rig AG". You will also be given voting ban and you get your friend banned from the club. Zero Tolerance will be given.

So the question is how do we perform our recount to make sure such actions don't transpire again. What we will be doing is were going to ping everyone who voted prior to nefarious actions and ping everyone who put in a nomination post. That way everyone has a fair chance to recast their vote and could help deter any lost on voter turnout. But those will be the only people who will be able to have their vote count and further changes could be coming in the future. Once again it sucks that something like this has happened again but we will protect the legitimacy of our polls. So to everyone who loves this club and participates every season, please do remember that we have your backs. The recount will start tomorrow.

HibbingtonSep 8, 2019 6:00 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 2, 2019 2:55 PM

Jan 2013
FYI I didn't do anything against the spirit of competition. All I did was remind club members who support the same characters as me (and as club members, have the full right to vote) that the vote is going on. This is called a Get Out The Vote (GOTV) effort and is a basic campaign strategy for like literally everything ever. I've been doing it for over a year now in order to support my choices for AOTS and COTS.

It's not at all comparable to voting with alternate accounts, each person who voted under my reminder is an individual club member expressing their opinion thru the vote. I didn't coerce or bribe anybody.

Anyway I'll be quitting the club out of principle due to this admin decision. Have a good one folks (assuming anyone will see this after Hibbs deletes it).
Jul 2, 2019 3:00 PM

Aug 2014
lmao, there is CLEARLY an influx in votes after mei’s petty ping. heck, you he even pinged Saro, who deserted MAL for Anilist. that just tells me how desperate you are. i will NOT make anything for a character that was rigged to hell and back.
thanks for your time.
ShuukaJul 2, 2019 3:22 PM

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Jul 2, 2019 3:09 PM

Jan 2014
Bajar said:
FYI I didn't do anything against the spirit of competition. All I did was remind club members who support the same characters as me (and as club members, have the full right to vote) that the vote is going on. This is called a Get Out The Vote (GOTV) effort and is a basic campaign strategy for like literally everything ever. I've been doing it for over a year now in order to support my choices for AOTS and COTS.

It's not at all comparable to voting with alternate accounts, each person who voted under my reminder is an individual club member expressing their opinion thru the vote. I didn't coerce or bribe anybody.

Anyway I'll be quitting the club out of principle due to this admin decision. Have a good one folks (assuming anyone will see this after Hibbs deletes it).

We discussed this and while it's true no rules were *Directly broken* broken (hence the reputations aren't to heavy), rallying people to vote bomb one character makes the voting process unfair. We realise there is a loophole present here that has been exploited more than once judging by the use of the word "again" (at the end of the message above).

It's clearly nefarious if you've ask people do this in a club where a lot of the members are people who left AG with a bitter taste or aren't in AG at all. If that wasn't the case you would have rallied people in AG to do it - thus it's clear you didn't have good intention at all.
The language used in the message only adds to what we can assume about your intent. You make it clear you want to undermine the character you think will be the winner and that you want to use means that would not be considered fair by other AG members.

Frankly justifying it rather than apologising for it only shows you don't regret what you did and you're consciously choosing to ignore the negative impacts of your actions. You've undermined a fair vote so you could could get what you want, thus making the vote redundant - which is selfish.
And in case you think I had anything to do with your punishment, no I recused myself from that decision.
RayaxeJul 3, 2019 8:50 AM
Gimme a Llama on DeviantArt: https://rayaxe2.deviantart.com/
Be who you wanna be ~ Barbie girl
Jul 2, 2019 3:12 PM

Dec 2013
Well you said "dawg I need you to rig AG again".

Then used the term rig in this screenshot as well

"I be doing this for a long time to try and rig the votes lol"

But yes it isn't as bad as the alt accounts which is why he was permanently banned from the club and you were only given a ban on voting for the Nominations and Finale Voting for the Club for the rest of the year. It is only a ban on this feature.

HibbingtonJul 2, 2019 3:18 PM
Jul 2, 2019 3:24 PM

Jan 2013
@Rayaxe sorry this is off-topic but I literally have no respect for you as a human and if I never have to interact with you for the rest of my life it would make me so happy. I didn't read what you wrote.

literally if I didn't use the word "rig" it would be fine :akarishrug: ya'll are dumb. I quit anyway. This and PRC were the only features I participated in so I got no reason to stay.

Also yeah while I'm on the way out let me just say that I started my GOTV campaigns in Fall 2017 (got SSR within 1 vote). So it's more than just the last 2 seasons. Just letting you know.
Jul 2, 2019 3:29 PM

Jan 2014
Bajar said:
@Rayaxe sorry this is off-topic but I literally have no respect for you as a human and if I never have to interact with you for the rest of my life it would make me so happy. I didn't read what you wrote.

*JOJO SHOCK FACE* NANTO KOTO!
What happened to poor ol' Bajar the victim of Ray's mean words in TAC?

If you read what I said you would have got an in depth explanation as to how we formulated our decision, but be a snowflake libtard and put your hands over your ears (methorically ofc) :ohoho:
*Note the first 2 sentences and the snowflake libtard part was a joke, please don't go crying bully again*
RayaxeJul 3, 2019 8:49 AM
Gimme a Llama on DeviantArt: https://rayaxe2.deviantart.com/
Be who you wanna be ~ Barbie girl
Jul 2, 2019 3:33 PM

Aug 2014
Bajar said:

literally if I didn't use the word "rig" it would be fine :akarishrug: ya'll are dumb. I quit anyway. This and PRC were the only features I participated in so I got no reason to stay.

Also yeah while I'm on the way out let me just say that I started my GOTV campaigns in Fall 2017 (got SSR within 1 vote). So it's more than just the last 2 seasons. Just letting you know.

you know, just keep being an ass like your whole crew is. it runs in you. ray makes some pretty good points and we talked in length about this. so if you dont read it that just makes me think even less of you.

i dont think much of us care whether you leave or not. its for the good of the club.

i am just appalled by the fact that you guys dont want to see something win that has rightfully won. at this rate i dont care anymore about what happens but i dont really want to tolerate it when itll ideally have to come across me in the end.

well, i think thats the most ive said in a long time. oh, well.

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Jul 2, 2019 6:52 PM

Jul 2017
this reminded me i forgot to vote for COTS and AOTS
Jul 2, 2019 6:54 PM

Apr 2016
It's a good thing I voted for both AOTS and COTS before this happened lol
Jul 2, 2019 9:17 PM

Jan 2016
yikes... at least it wasn't alt accounts again, good work uncovering the shadiness.
Jul 2, 2019 9:34 PM

Mar 2015
Probably should have redacted the names, it is kind of a MAL TOS violation. This could have been said without the discord screenshots.
EbianJul 2, 2019 11:28 PM
Jul 2, 2019 11:24 PM

Aug 2014
Lewd said:
Probably should have redacted the names, kinda is a MAL TOS violation. This could have been said without the discord screenshots.

its probably the fact that he started pinging people and hibbs wanted to show what was going on that we used screenshots.

but thats enough drama for one day

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Jul 3, 2019 12:08 AM

Sep 2016
I dont dislike Bajar but yeah this is pathetic. Acts like these must not go unpunished. Never knew someone would use the same tactics the Russians did in 2016 /s :P

But yeah if you're that offended to leave I can't stop you :akarishrug: Being a sore loser is bad but hey you did what you did.
Jul 4, 2019 3:01 AM

Jan 2017
@Hibbington So why am I not allowed to vote even though I put a nomination post?

"Blood and rain mixed with broken dreams flow together along the curb,
But even in the darkest corners of misery the roses bloom at sunset"
Jul 4, 2019 7:47 AM

Dec 2013
Screex said:
@Hibbington So why am I not allowed to vote even though I put a nomination post?

Because you posted after I already closed voting
Jul 4, 2019 8:36 AM

Jan 2017
Hibbington said:

Oh really? Didn't see that. I posted on June 26 in the morning and nomination was supposed to last till that day, so I thought it was still open. My bad.

Anyways I don't understand why I'm not allowed to vote now. I didn't ever had anything to do with Bajar, nor am I a Bocchi supporter. I don't even have discord or wherever he messaged this.

I was just about to vote on 3rd July (couldn't do it earlier because I was busy with my exam before) when I read that the voting was closed 2 hours ago because of this vote rigging.
And now I'm not allowed to participate in the new vote even though I was about to vote within the eligible time spawn (which was originally still ongoing until July 4)? Doesn't sound fair to me tbh. Like what separates me from a guy that voted 2 hours before me and thus is eligible for the new vote?

Jul 4, 2019 8:58 AM

Dec 2013
Screex said:
Hibbington said:

Oh really? Didn't see that. I posted on June 26 in the morning and nomination was supposed to last till that day, so I thought it was still open. My bad.

Anyways I don't understand why I'm not allowed to vote now. I didn't ever had anything to do with Bajar, nor am I a Bocchi supporter. I don't even have discord or wherever he messaged this.

I was just about to vote on 3rd July (couldn't do it earlier because I was busy with my exam before) when I read that the voting was closed 2 hours ago because of this vote rigging.
And now I'm not allowed to participate in the new vote even though I was about to vote within the eligible time spawn (which was originally still ongoing until July 4)? Doesn't sound fair to me tbh. Like what separates me from a guy that voted 2 hours before me and thus is eligible for the new vote?

Well look out for when I put [CLOSED] on the threads in the future, that indicates that I started counting up the nominations. The thread can close on that day at any time.

Well let's be clear that if this happened with any of the 5 characters this would lead to the same result of having a re-voting. It is the actions, not the anime character.
But to prevent those outside forces from participating so that we don't have a tainted winner, lines had to be drawn.
Those lines were people who were present for the beginning of the process with the nominations and the people who were present before the incident occurred.
I'm the type of guy when I make a system, I'm pretty stern about it. If I start making an exception here then I have to make another exception there and it just erodes the principle of having such regulations.

So it is unfortunate that your not able to participate this time around. But we are going to be having a more closed system going forward as well.
These type of situations are needed for us to get the full picture of how to move forward from here.
Jul 4, 2019 9:28 AM

Jan 2017
Hibbington said:
Well look out for when I put [CLOSED] on the threads in the future, that indicates that I started counting up the nominations. The thread can close on that day at any time.

Well let's be clear that if this happened with any of the 5 characters this would lead to the same result of having a re-voting. It is the actions, not the anime character.
But to prevent those outside forces from participating so that we don't have a tainted winner, lines had to be drawn.
Those lines were people who were present for the beginning of the process with the nominations and the people who were present before the incident occurred.
I'm the type of guy when I make a system, I'm pretty stern about it. If I start making an exception here then I have to make another exception there and it just erodes the principle of having such regulations.

So it is unfortunate that your not able to participate this time around. But we are going to be having a more closed system going forward as well.
These type of situations are needed for us to get the full picture of how to move forward from here.

I know that it's not about the character, I just said that to underline that I was not involved in this incident whatsoever.
I also do understand that you have to draw clear lines and I don't want you to make an exception for me or anything.

My point is just that the "clear line" you drew isn't fair imo. You gave a time spawn people were allowed to vote in and then you closed it early saying everybody that hasn't voted until now isn't allowed to vote anymore. Thus you break your own rules.

I do understand that you did it for the reason of preventing more rigged votes but the method you chose doesn't help making the vote fairer. Because it doesn't help to exclude votes of people who have been influenced by Bajar before. He even posted in your screenshot that there were already 6 people in a row voting for Bocchi because of him. Those 6 people for example are all eligible for the voting again. On the other hand you are now arbitrary excluding people from the voting who had the full right to place their vote because the original deadline for the voting was still a day away. And a lot of them were probably people who would've voted fair (like me).

So yeah I just think that your handling of the situation isn't fair. If you wanted to make it fair you should've left the voting open till regular closing time on 4th July and then redo it with all those who participated till then. This way no one would've been robbed their right to vote and everybody could've voted with an uninfluenced mind again.

Jul 4, 2019 10:10 AM

Dec 2013
@Screex

Well if you go back and look at the original thread, from post 50 to 59 is what is being referred to in that screenshot. So that is why the line was drawn there. As for the people who posted before the incident mainly consists of newer members who joined our discord who are getting more involved in club activities and club officers who simply forgot to do the nominations but voted on the thread.

But at the end of the thread you can see that Bajar was doing another run. It had to be closed at that point. We could not keep it open. We also have to consider the graphical art that goes into the process. Now that is going to be delayed as well. That was apart of the consideration of what to do.

Hopefully we won't have another situation like this again but if we do, will use feedback like yours to consider our options.
Jul 5, 2019 6:12 AM

Jan 2017
@Hibbington

I see, thanks for hearing me out and explaining the situation more detailed.

On a side note, since Bajar said he mostly contacted people who put a nomination, maybe you should consider pinging everybody who put a nomination to vote in the finals in the future. This way you could probably prevent a one-sided mobilization of supporters for one character. Just a suggestion.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Spring 2024 Power Ranking Committee Sign-ups

Hibbington - Mar 13

44 by Tsuxken »»
Yesterday, 5:35 AM

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1280 by Hibbington »»
Apr 17, 10:19 AM

Sticky: » ❤~Staff Thread~❤ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikochondria - Sep 19, 2014

1164 by RisaK »»
Apr 15, 1:31 PM

» [CLOSED] Winter 2024 AOTS Card Edition: BokuYaba Season 2

coziitsu - Apr 9

28 by coziitsu »»
Apr 14, 6:15 AM

Sticky: » [Toriyama Class] Power Ranking Committee Winter 2024: Part 4/4 FINALE

KANLen09 - Apr 9

1 by KANLen09 »»
Apr 9, 9:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.