Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2019 12:34 PM
Dec 2017
Lol why was the Boros theme used for elder centipede??? So out of place. And why was saitama’s main theme so terribly cut when he punched the centipede? And did they really just use the S1 serious punch in the opening for this? Lmao so lazy, but it kinda fit. Overall, pretty disappointing season. Last few episodes were pretty good but didn’t really like this one. 6/10
Jul 2, 2019 12:35 PM

Nov 2017
That ending was quite cool. Finally some saitama power. Compared to S1 this season was really boring.. it was just a really different vibe and setting.. I wish we would've had more Saitama, Genos, Tatsu and them being the center of every episode with comedy and satisfaction... something S2 was completely the opposite... oh well hopefully we'll get a better S3

plz @ me
Jul 2, 2019 12:37 PM

Mar 2018
Well not gonna lie, even considering how mediocre this season was, I enjoyed it. Perhaps more for what it made me realize about anime production in general than for the content itself.

Directing wise, it was trash, pretty much no impactful moment, the ones that should matter are not given more time than the rest, sound design was definetly awful, the show never knew when to use sountracks correctly. I do like Garou's theme a lot, just as the guy himself.

The story is really great tho, and that's why it's a way better experience to read the manga (but who doesn't know that at this point).

I think we need to thank Kenichiro Aoki for making a least ONE good cut for EVERY damn episode this season, and also all the animators that worked their asses off to save this season as much as they could.

It's a 6/10 for me, can only hope for a better season 3
Jul 2, 2019 12:41 PM

Jun 2014
I haven't quite caught up yet, but it's a shame that this season couldn't live up to the expectations season one set for it, at least animation-wise. I'll still try to enjoy as best as i can though as I continue watching.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 2, 2019 12:43 PM

Apr 2014
fitemeillreku said:
BravoBlast333 said:

It 'crashed'? What are you talking about?

The second half was definitely better than the first, the last two eps ensure that. The only really good ep from the first half was episode 3 (Garou vs Tank Top).

Like I said, not completely. I do agree with you in saying that it got better in the last few episodes, but I prefer the first half. The one thing that I personally thought that made it crash is the Martial Arts Tournament.

I feel like that's the biggest problem in the story, as I think that it went on longer than it should have, especially for a 1 cour series, and it left no room for the remaining episodes.

I posted a review if you want my full thoughts on this.

They cut a lot of content out of the tournament, believe it or not. It could have gone on for much longer.
Jul 2, 2019 12:44 PM
Dec 2016
The sound effects man whenever they punch something,it makes my ears bleed I mean what kinda stupid sound is that and why is that when genos fires a beam its in pink. Seriously pink fire beam makes it look like the powerpuff girls show. The second season had few and I mean only 2 or 3 good scenes but overrall it was hardly ok. I just hope that they hear the fans cries and animate the next season like the season 1 or better and we'll all forget this one and think of it as a bad dream.
Jul 2, 2019 12:46 PM

Nov 2017
Enjoyed the show on max. 9/10. Thank you everyone for bringing back OPM. Here's to a 3rd season. Cheers!!!
Jul 2, 2019 12:50 PM

Oct 2018
That's it?

Is that how it ends?

That's probably the worst ending I've seen so far
It's just like the end of a normal episode
Really disappointing

Overall I liked that season too, not as much as the first one, but it was good too, but this ending is so bad
Jul 2, 2019 12:55 PM

Aug 2015
3/10.

By the way, it seemed like they reused the serious punch that Madhouse did in the fight against Boros, but they cut some effects.

All that build up and it ended just like I expected. At least Garou is an above "Vegeta-like" character. I wonder if he is going to beat everyone (except Saitama) at some point, I mean it is obvious that he will be like the biggest thread or something like that I suppose.
Jul 2, 2019 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
3/10.

They literally ran out of money after 10 minutes or so, lol
Garou's fight versus Bang and his brother was also cut in the best part :/. And here I was, thinking that they couldn't make me hate this season more. Good job, J.C.

Yes, the final frames are all from the first season, and somehow they though that it would be a good idea do cut the hype OST right in the middle of it.
Jul 2, 2019 1:07 PM

Apr 2019
I liked this episode it fullfilled my expectations nohing too exciting but not a bad show nonetheless.
Jul 2, 2019 1:08 PM

Oct 2017
8/10 maybe too high grade? I think that's correct grade,on seasonal anime background OPM 2 looks really good (for me).Also i think that if it would be animated by Madhouse it would look better...
Jul 2, 2019 1:11 PM

Apr 2013
7/10 because we have to wait for season 3 to see Garou from opening fighting Saitama...
Jul 2, 2019 1:14 PM

Apr 2012
So for anyone reading the manga, will we ever meet Blast?
Jul 2, 2019 1:17 PM

Mar 2019
TL:DR 8.5/10(up from 7/10 just for these 2 last episodes and the soundtrack).

This episode and season is over.I love that they listened and didn't put the ending of season 2 and instead put the opening,because the ending just doesn't fit this kind of action comedy(the ending song is a sad one).It was not as good as season 1,that's for sure,but it wasn't as bad as everyone thought.I would give it an overall 8.5/10 with first season for me would be 10/10.It would have been a 7 if not for these last 2 episodes.They prepared for this and I like that.I don't know if there will ever be a season 3,seeing that it took 4 years or 3 to make this and if it wasn't for JC.maybe we wouldn't even have a season 2.
At least I know I'm going right to manga.I can't wait for season 3.This anime has a lot to offer,so I think the manga is even better.I hope they are way ahead of the anime.
Alex_TheForestJul 3, 2019 3:30 AM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 2, 2019 1:18 PM

Mar 2019
Fluxje said:
So for anyone reading the manga, will we ever meet Blast?
we can't discuss anything beyond the anime in this thread.Make a new topic about this if you want.

Jul 2, 2019 1:18 PM
Aug 2018
I donno much about animations an not gonna pretend to judge it on its animation.
For the story it was way better than S1 but the pacing was all over the place for the most part. The finale was evenly placed and I got to see the one punch shot which is now my fav one punch scene of the whole series yet.
9/10 for the finale.
Waiting for Season 3.
Jul 2, 2019 1:21 PM

Mar 2019
024 said:
That ending was quite cool. Finally some saitama power. Compared to S1 this season was really boring.. it was just a really different vibe and setting.. I wish we would've had more Saitama, Genos, Tatsu and them being the center of every episode with comedy and satisfaction... something S2 was completely the opposite... oh well hopefully we'll get a better S3

Dude.You don't blame the anime for the plot.... they are literally adapting what's happening in the manga.

Jul 2, 2019 1:22 PM

Jul 2012
While obv it wasn't nearly as good as first season it was still pretty good, some moments felt very anticlimatic comparing to manga. Also pretty good final episode, don't think we'll see another season. Overall 7/10
Jul 2, 2019 1:28 PM
Feb 2016
HoundIsntUnique said:
Even though the animation & character designs weren't my cup of tea, I really did enjoy OPM season 2. I was happy to see that Saitama would be taking a bit of the back seat for this season, because I think if he was at the main focus then it would have really boring.

Hopefully J.C. Staff will get their act together next season.

Rating: 8/10

If they even do a next season. I wouldn't be surprised if Bones decided to take on the project next and remake S2 (like a Brotherhood type adaptation) with 24 episodes instead to end on an actual decent note
Jul 2, 2019 1:33 PM
Jul 2019
IM NOT GOOD IN PUTTİNG MY COMPLEMENTS IN WORDS BUT THE STORY PLOT IS SO GOOD AND THE FİGHT İS AWESOME BUT WHEN FİGHTİNG HAD BEGAN I THINK IT LACK SOMETHING THE SONG EXCİTEMENT LİKE THE PAST SERİES I ONLY GOT INTENSE FEELİNG COME FROM ANİME BY WATCHING I GOT ONLY A BİT DİSAPPOINT BUT ITS OKAY FOR ME IM ANTİCİPATING IN HOW THE STORY WILL CONTINUE
Jul 2, 2019 1:34 PM

Nov 2017
Alex_TheForest said:
024 said:

Dude.You don't blame the anime for the plot.... they are literally adapting what's happening in the manga.

I never said I was blaming the anime ;)

plz @ me
Jul 2, 2019 1:35 PM

Apr 2017
I think I expected too much from this... The comedy in the last minutes was very nice and surprising, Garou turned out to be a very good villain and the animation was awesome, but not even those things could save this season finale, which was... UNDERWHELMING!

We've got a lot of buildup plot points, many (dumb) strategies and tough efforts from many strong but forgettable heroes... Just for Saitama to come and kill the huge monster in only one punch... I know that's quite the essence of this series, but it was so hella frustrating and predictable throughout the whole season I was actually thinking of lowering my score from 3 to 2... Nonetheless, I pardon this bullsh*t just for some great, few things this season had: like, episodes from 2 to 4, which were funny and better than the whole first season comedy-wise (the peak of this season); Garou, a nice villain with a credible raging past.

This season would have been hugely better (and even better than the first season!) if they didn't include that awful tournament and tons of mediocre characters. This had potential. This was one of the few anime where I didn't mind about the animation (which was decent), yet the characters and pacing managed to fall flat in a mediocre way...

It ended at least, and I'm kind of glad of it; This season had me suffering...

I'm not planning to read the manga, nonetheless, I really hope the next season (if we get one) will be better, but I'm not going to put my expectations too high.

A very underwhelming finale. This was a bad season with three great episodes alongside very little decent moments throughout this last couple of episodes. 3/10 for this season.
No community will be as misunderstood as the furry community. Uh... I guess?
Jul 2, 2019 1:40 PM
Apr 2019
024 said:

Thing is, if it was just one Saitama fight after another, it would be in danger of getting stale. They could keep it alive with humour for a while but before long it might start to suffer. One of the biggest strengths of the series is that, by creating such an OP character, a kind of constant, we place more of a focus on the fights of secondary characters (S classes) as those are the only ones where death and failure is actually a possibility.

And in fairness, there were some good funny moments in S2 (see Garou's first encounter with Saitama).

S1- introduces Saitama and the initial cast of characters, world building, proves how OP Saitama is by having him easily beat the supposed 'dominator of the universe'.

S2- run with the world building, more exposure for S-classes, introduce some major characters (King and Garou are two of the best things about the series), set the stage firmly for season 3's events.

S3- everything hits the fan and all-out war begins. More major 1v1 fights than any other season and some great action with S-classes vs MA executives. If they do it right, it should also have the best finale so far.

Just to say, if the only characters of the series you care about are Saitama, Genos and Tats then you might want to drop it. A lot of people other than those three are going to be getting centre stage. But if you do, you'll be missing out on some great bits of action.

Jul 2, 2019 1:43 PM
Apr 2019
Anguiltred said:
I think I expected too much from this... The comedy in the last minutes was very nice and surprising, Garou turned out to be a very good villain and the animation was awesome, but not even those things could save this season finale, which was... UNDERWHELMING!

We've got a lot of buildup plot points, many (dumb) strategies and tough efforts from many strong but forgettable heroes... Just for Saitama to come and kill the huge monster in only one punch... I know that's quite the essence of this series, but it was so hella frustrating and predictable throughout the whole season I was actually thinking of lowering my score from 3 to 2... Nonetheless, I pardon this bullsh*t just for some great, few things this season had: like, episodes from 2 to 4, which were funny and better than the whole first season comedy-wise (the peak of this season); Garou, a nice villain with a credible raging past.

This season would have been hugely better (and even better than the first season!) if they didn't include that awful tournament and tons of mediocre characters. This had potential. This was one of the few anime where I didn't mind about the animation (which was decent), yet the characters and pacing managed to fall flat in a mediocre way...

It ended at least, and I'm kind of glad of it; This season had me suffering...

I'm not planning to read the manga, nonetheless, I really hope the next season (if we get one) will be better, but I'm not going to put my expectations too high.

A very underwhelming finale. This was a bad season with three great episodes alongside very little decent moments throughout this last couple of episodes. 3/10 for this season.

'The season had you suffering'? Oh you poor thing.

And obviously Saitama was going to one-shot it, you should try to remember what series you're watching. Did you expect Elder Centipede to be a Boros-level contender? Nope.

If you want someone Boros-level you'll need to wait for season 3.
Jul 2, 2019 1:46 PM

Jun 2012
6/10

Whats the possibility of them changing studios?
JC proved they can't make a good anime.
Jul 2, 2019 1:46 PM

Apr 2019
This second season wasn't necessarily bad, it just had a lot to live up to, which is just a testament to how good the first season was, as this (in terms of animation quality) would have been a fine sequel for most other anime.

"𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜... 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙮... 𝙟𝙤𝙮... 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣... 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚. 𝙋𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙪𝙥 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧... 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙫𝙖𝙡𝙪𝙚."
Jul 2, 2019 1:49 PM

Mar 2016
I am starting to wonder if OPM really is a parody like the tags say.

What was the point of this season? It doesn't look like they completed even one arc.
Jul 2, 2019 1:52 PM

Jul 2016
Saitama saves the day xD. Im hyped for season 3 xD. 5/10

Jul 2, 2019 1:53 PM

May 2016
To really no surprise the finale for this still sounds and looks like shit; with it's signature god awful, often ear-raping sound direction and odd mishmash of 99% awful/awkward/inconsistent cuts and 1% decent, but I gotta say the pacing was at least a bit better than usual. It felt coherent. That's something good they managed for the finale. They butchered Saitama's final punch (they couldn't even top the punch they imitated with it from season 1's OP...) and just about everything else content-wise, and it ended on a really weak note as a season, but yeah.

Overall everything sucked about this. I wish the animation was the only problem here but it's not. It's literally everything. The art, the sound direction, the opening, the ED, the pacing, the direction (especially the direction), the voice acting (which also somehow failed to meet last season's standards), the adaptation itself, the editing, the color palette (with that god awful "tanning" and metal texture)... It's amazing how J.C. Staff managed to disappoint not just art and animation-wise, but EVERYWHERE, and defy even the lowest of expectations like this. This can not be understated--and I really cannot understand how so many people are happy with what we got here. Is it fanboyism...? Low standards? People just eager and happy for any and all "content" no matter the quality?

God I so hope this ends up being a massive financial failure for J.C. Staff and the production committee, and that they learn a lesson. To not impatiently rush production for cash milking and to not cheaply hire the incompetent (great, talented artists can't be replaced like that). Pls Japan-bros, pls don't buy this. Say no to being served utter mediocrity trash like this.

Click for a manga comparison of the Blast reveal and the Saitama vs Elder Centipede "fight"
(and please do click)

EDIT: Also can someone tell me how the top review for this is a 10? How can anyone look at this horribly designed, wildly inconsistent art and animation (that had just one standout animator the whole season--who tried desperately to save it), and hear this ear-raping, cheaply put-together sound design and go "yup. This is a masterpiece.". ????? (for reference he gave both the animation and sound a 10). This has got to be butthurt, defensive fanboyism right? Subjectivity can't possibly go that far?
ZaugrJul 2, 2019 3:25 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2019 2:03 PM

Oct 2010
Overall I was bored for most the show. 7/10. Far worse than S1. Animation was a non-issue to me...it was just boring plot
Jul 2, 2019 2:05 PM
Nov 2015
What I was afraid about the anime happened. A rushed, chapter squeezing bag we got
Jul 2, 2019 2:07 PM

Jan 2017
Lmfao they add M4A1 sound at 0:38 , so pathetic
glad this was the last ep.
1/10
Jul 2, 2019 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
Boy, that was embarrassing. I could tear it apart but that would just be a repeat of what everyone else had already said.

3/10
Jul 2, 2019 2:11 PM
Nov 2016
Thanks to the contents, or else I will skip this season.

Out of place BGM and transition between scenes....6/10

Hope to have season 3
Jul 2, 2019 2:13 PM

Sep 2014
This was worse than I expected, but it followed the formula I thought they would.

I wonder how this would have looked season 1 style.

Lmao epic showdown of Garo and Bang but its mostly stills with Bang fist rushing. 5/10

The only thing worse than the animation (centipede was good cgi) was the sound!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 2, 2019 2:14 PM
Jan 2019
As expected this season does not live up to the first, and, in my opinion, not worth the three and a half years if wait. Had some decent animation in the last episodes, but it doesn't save it. But, it is still somewhat enjoyable. The comedy was still on point, and, unpopular opinion, I don't really care about the lack of Saitama screentime in this season.

Overall, I'd rate it a 7/10.
Jul 2, 2019 2:18 PM

Aug 2017
There is not much to do when the manga is average. This is just bad. 2/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 2, 2019 2:21 PM
Nov 2015
fuck you J.C.Staff
fuck you Chikara Sakurai
Jul 2, 2019 2:22 PM

Jun 2014
Very enjoyable season, not all the shine towards a MC is good every once in a while. While it was not beter than S1 this definitly had some flair.

Im hoping for a season 3 but only time will tell
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2019 2:27 PM
Feb 2016
shourya_ganesh said:
The sound effects man whenever they punch something,it makes my ears bleed I mean what kinda stupid sound is that and why is that when genos fires a beam its in pink. Seriously pink fire beam makes it look like the powerpuff girls show. The second season had few and I mean only 2 or 3 good scenes but overrall it was hardly ok. I just hope that they hear the fans cries and animate the next season like the season 1 or better and we'll all forget this one and think of it as a bad dream.

I'd like for Studio Bones to get OPM next and instead of doing a full on continuation, just do a S2 remake like what they did for FMA: Brotherhood when the first FMA didn't adapt fully from the manga and instead of 12 episodes, have it be 24 or 25 to expand on
Jul 2, 2019 2:28 PM

Feb 2008
Finally over, in short, a disappointment, thx jcstuff you not only kill index 3, but opm too.

Hava a nice day/night everyone.
Jul 2, 2019 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
My dudes, such a good season of anime, feel free to hate it and be bandwagon dissmaniacs, cause that just means cheap merchandise for me in the long run, bitches.

8/10. Looking forward to season three.
Jul 2, 2019 2:32 PM

Jun 2015
I'm glad the hate bandwagon here was here in full force throughout the whole season. Now I almost want JC Staff to animate Season 3 just to see you idiots complain about how there going to further "ruin the franchise" and how "they would be mocked by the entire anime community." as someone said.

I quite enjoyed this whole season, Saitama got character and depth with his conversation with King, Fubuki became best girl, and pretty much every fight with Garo involved in it was good. 7 or 8/10 for me.
Jul 2, 2019 2:32 PM

Feb 2014
Phew...this season is over and it's left at a spot that really begs for a continuation. Whether that'll happen anytime soon, I have no idea...

There was some good fighting with Garo Vs Bang, aside from the hit or miss sound effects, there was some good animation quality that held up. Then the massive centipede came back and, thankfully, the CGI quality for it was just as impressive as it was back in episode 4. Compared to AOT's Colossal Titan's CGI, the CGI centipede looks and moves much better.

Genos gave it his all, but no matter what he, as well and Bang and Bomb, did to the centipede, it wasn't enough to defeat it. Thankfully, King was there to bait out the centipede for Saitama, whose serious punch looked good in terms of visual quality.

A good final episode to wrap up season two and it was good, but also disappointing. The comedy was great most of the time, but the lackluster animation in most episodes and the slow, dragged-out start of the martial-arts tournament were the main downsides to the show, with the latter only really getting going once it got to the final between Suiryu and Saitama.

If One Punch Man does get a third season, I do hope it's done by a different animation team. The production team from J.C. Staff tried their best and, apart from the good CGI, it looks lackluster compared to first season from Madhouse and the freelance animators that helped out.

7.5/10 is my final score, which will probably be rounded up or down after I give myself another day or two to mull things over about this season.
Jul 2, 2019 2:34 PM
Jan 2014
Pretty weird place to end the season, especially without even announcing there'll be a sequel.
That being said I actually really enjoyed season 2. Animation and fight choreography is definitely nowhere near as good as season 1 and there were some bad sound effects, but this season really improved the comedy, character progression and the ost was good too (especially Garou theme).
Jul 2, 2019 2:37 PM
Mar 2015
Glad Saitama decided to show up at the end. King was about to pee his pants
Jul 2, 2019 2:38 PM

Jan 2017
Wow, a series finale that made me feel like there was an episode next week, how could it possibly end on such a note.
When is the next season out? you can't really make us wait with that sort of closure.

But the biggest question is, when is saitama gonna get recognised for his feats... at least let Bang and co. be made aware of it.
Jul 2, 2019 2:39 PM

Apr 2014
12 episodes aren't enough...
Jul 2, 2019 2:41 PM

Apr 2018
Tell me they already announced season 3 as this arc isn't even nearly finished damn it. We still need to see Heroes vs Monster Association and what becomes of Garou! DAMN IT ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2019

234 by ShaunTheMoose »»
Jan 16, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.