Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jun 30, 9:29 AM
How does the IBN 5100 get into the shrine (also in Faris' place) if Suzuha didn't went back from the year 2000? If Suzuha went back on the time 2000, then Mr. Braun will recognize her since he stated that she's the one who take care of him, and the John Titor story should start on that year.

BUT!

The John Titor story didn't start at 2000 but in 2010 and Mr. Braun haven't met her (which is obvious) on that time so how did the IBN 5100 got in there?

Jun 30, 10:58 AM
MasterOfTheory30 said:
How does the IBN 5100 get into the shrine (also in Faris' place) if Suzuha didn't went back from the year 2000? If Suzuha went back on the time 2000, then Mr. Braun will recognize her since he stated that she's the one who take care of him, and the John Titor story should start on that year.

BUT!

The John Titor story didn't start at 2000 but in 2010 and Mr. Braun haven't met her (which is obvious) on that time so how did the IBN 5100 got in there?

But John Titor could be on the move already before 2010. In 2010 is when he became famous. Im not 100% sure though but if u remember Faris's father story, thats where the answer lies.

Jun 30, 6:05 PM
Kish0 said:
MasterOfTheory30 said:

BUT!

But John Titor could be on the move already before 2010. In 2010 is when he became famous. Im not 100% sure though but if u remember Faris's father story, thats where the answer lies.

If John Titor could be on the move before 2010,then what year? And also,admitting that she went back to 1975 to get the IBN 5100 to send back to 2000 to meet Faris'father since I think it is planned that it will bring to the shrine. The question is why did she said that she didn't came back in 2000? And how did the IBN 5100 got there? Even Mr. Braun doesn't recognized her which is the proof of not going to the year 2000...

Jul 1, 1:31 AM
Kish0 said:
MasterOfTheory30 said:

BUT!

MasterOfTheory30 said:
If John Titor could be on the move before 2010,then what year?

That I don't know, maybe you should play the VN or ask someone who played the VN.

I'll explain what I know so far:
Beta World line--> John Titor became famous in 2000
Alpha World line--> John Titor became famous in 2010

(Alpha) 2000-->Suzuha buy IBN 5100 from Faris's father.
--> Suzuha put the IBN 5100 in the shrine.

Some question also popped up on my head, like how did Okabe had IBN 5100 in the Beta worldline? Check episode 22.

MasterOfTheory30 said:

The question is why did she said that she didn't came back in 2000?

Check episode 16.
1. Suzuha went back to 1975 to get IBN 5100 (Failed)
2. Okabe use D-mail to change his action, so that Suzuha go directly to 1975 after that time machine forum meeting.
3. Suzuha went back to 1975 to get IBN 5100, but she buy it from Faris's father instead of finding it herself. (success)

She didn't go to 2000, but she start from 1975 then that's where she passed 2000.

Jul 1, 2:18 AM
"She didn't go to 2000, but she start from 1975 then that's where she passed 2000."

You have a point there but my question is that how did the IBM 5100 get there... IF Suzuha really started from 1975, then Mr. Braun will recognized her since he said that she took care of him... Right? But he hadn't and the IBM 5100 is still there on the first few episodes wherein Suzuha (as a teenage) are there and they have the IBM 5100... Is that some sort of paradox or something or just a plothole? Or they haven't realized that...

If you are going to say that he didn't met Suzuha on a year 2000 or below, then one evidence of that is the Divergence meter. I also think that he haven't met Suzuha in the year 2010 on episode 16 since he will recognize her because of her hair, appearance, name, etc...

Sorry for my grammar...

Jul 1, 5:04 AM
MasterOfTheory30 said:
"She didn't go to 2000, but she start from 1975 then that's where she passed 2000."

You have a point there but my question is that how did the IBM 5100 get there... IF Suzuha really started from 1975, then Mr. Braun will recognized her since he said that she took care of him... Right? But he hadn't and the IBM 5100 is still there on the first few episodes wherein Suzuha (as a teenage) are there and they have the IBM 5100... Is that some sort of paradox or something or just a plothole? Or they haven't realized that...

If you are going to say that he didn't met Suzuha on a year 2000 or below, then one evidence of that is the Divergence meter. I also think that he haven't met Suzuha in the year 2010 on episode 16 since he will recognize her because of her hair, appearance, name, etc...

Sorry for my grammar...

I see. Well if you're asking how did IBN 5100 get in the shrine on the first part of the series, that I don't know. Because the anime didn't explained it.

If anything, in episode 6 Suzuha metioned someone that she knew alot about IBN 5100 but she said he's dead 1 year ago.
Modified by Kish0, Jul 1, 5:29 AM

Jul 1, 5:41 AM
Here are a few helpful links:

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/steins-gate/images/f/f9/Worldlineflowchart.png

https://steins-gate.fandom.com/wiki/Timeline

Mr.Braun did not recognize Suzuha(the teenager) even though he was taken care by Suzuha(The old lady) because even if they look very similar one is a young girl while the other one is a middle-aged lady who went by the name Hashida suzu(not suzuha amane).
And in a lot of world lines this scenario happens, Suzuha finds IBN 5100 in 1975 -> Gives it to Faris father(pc collector) sometime before dying ->Faris father dies ->Faris gives IBN 5100 to Yanabashi shrine.

I suggest you to rewatch the series so that you won't miss the details you are looking for(Helped me a lot when i watched for second time). Overall, the show is pretty consistent with the rules it has set up except for one or two small mistakes(Good luck finding those out next time)

Jul 1, 11:00 AM
Suzuha went from 2036 to 2010, then from 2010 to 1975, and she lived her life as Hashida Suzu, until 2000, when she died (at least in Alpha, in Beta, John Titor (Suzuha) has a totally different story). She picked up the IBN in 1975, then in 2000, she gave it to Faris' dad, when Faris' dad died, Faris gave the IBN to the Yanabayashi Shrine, and Moeka stole it from there. That's how the IBN get in the shrine for the second time!

For the first time... well, that's a more difficult question that why the IBN is in the shrine, at the beginning of the story, if Suzuha didn't travel back yet... For this, you have to learn every bit of time travel rule about Steins;Gate. From those rules, you can made a full theory on the mechanics. Currently, this is probably the best, and the most accurate theory which has been made:

https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8nioce/an_attempt_at_a_complete_theory_of_steinsgate/

According to the theory, Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 cover only a little scratch from the story. They are just the tip of the iceberg.

Steins;Gate is about worldline iterations. According to the theory, what we saw in Steins;Gate, is not the first Alpha Worldline iteration! In terms of worldline chronology, the Alpha Attractor Field was active at least once a waaay before the events of Steins;Gate Episode 1. If an Attractor Field re-activates, the new worldline's events will be based on the last active worldline's events of that Attactor Field.

So what is the answer to the question? Why the IBN is in the shrine at the beginning of the story?
The answer: A previous Suzuha, in a previous Alpha worldline iteration obtained the IBN from 1975, and the IBN got to the shrine through Faris' dad and Faris.

For better understanding the theory, here is the complete chronology of the events, according to the theory:
https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/bguvqn/doubt_about_sg_original_series/elnwmqf/

And here are some corrections to it (by the author of the theory): https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/buctfx/if_what_i_read_is_true_then_the_steins_gate_anime/epbzb4r/

@v_max
That Wordline Flowchart looks nice, but it is incorrect. It is incorrect because its author doesn't consider the fact that EVERY kind of time travel changes the worldline. Not just D-Mails, time leaps, and physical time travel too.