Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 30, 2019 7:32 AM
Dec 2016
School Days is a very controversial anime, imo. Its filled with many things that I don't like to see: harem, fanservice-heavy, rape, stupidity, etc..
Don't get me wrong, drama is good, when its done well. However, when you have a dramatic show or anime where most characters are so awful and irredeemable it can be hard to watch. Which is exactly how I feel about SD. It reminded me a bit of Gossip Girl, but with no blood.
I feel like people either love or hate this anime. I am one of those that hate it, but I feel like people who hate it do for different reasons. Some people hate the unexpected violence, others hate the infidelity and sexual assault, some hate the unlikable nature of these characters.
I thought the ending was so weird. I thought it was a horrible conclusion because I expected Makoto to learn his lesson or the pregnancy scare to be an actual pregnancy and maybe we see how he will deal with that because he would have to but no. I thought it was disappointing. But more than anything else, I hated the three main characters. I thought Sekai was wrong from the beginning for her excessive meddling, I thought Makoto was a sociopath, and I hated Kotonoha because I really don't like the yandere types with no self-respect at all.
What is your reason for liking/hating this anime?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 30, 2019 7:49 AM

Jan 2010
Well, for me the ending saved it. No sarcasm here.

I'm not a fan of harem in the first place, and I have no idea why I watched it in the first place, but damn almost every damn characters pisses me off, but actually this anime was the first time I felt so damn emotional over something fictional, so I guess it had done a good job??? And there is the ending. The ending was what actually saved it.

Jun 30, 2019 7:53 AM

Jun 2015
I think it's a 10/10 show and doesn't deserve all the shit it gets.
Read Toriko!
Jun 30, 2019 2:33 PM

Nov 2008
I think it's terrible and downright unpleasant to watch. I don't want to watch an anime that's constantly pissing me off with its asshole characters treating other characters like shit. This could only work as a comedy. But because this crappy show takes itself seriously, it's absolutely tasteless.

Jun 30, 2019 2:35 PM

Oct 2015
I think the ending is one of the best anime endings of all time. :p
Jun 30, 2019 2:49 PM

Oct 2010
People dislike it for several reasons and I agree with some and disagree with others. I don't have a very good opinion of this show, in fact I think it's super bland and that is not only a matter of story and characters, absolutely everything, aesthetics included, feels sucked out of life and personality.

What bugs me the most is that a huge deal of the praise it gets is purely conceptual. And okay, I can get the concept. That still doesn't make it a remotely good show. It almost seems like everything this series has is an idea, and that everything, every conversation about it and its worth has to gravitate around that idea, as if it alone makes this show relevant or memorable. Maybe there's nothing more to it.
Jun 30, 2019 2:50 PM

Jul 2017
School Days could've been a lot better if the characters actually had some sort of brain. I keep hearing realistic thrown around, but last time I checked, you're not gonna find a high school full of women who are eager to have sex with some random dude, and you're certainly not gonna find one who is so delusional that even when she's flat out rejected she still thinks he is in love with her, unless there was some past event that contributed to that mentality
Jun 30, 2019 3:20 PM

Oct 2008
I liked "School days"
1. The visuals are good (character design)
2. The story is controversial (which I find interesting and original)
3. The backstory of the characters is a sweet one, how one was helped and would like to return the favour.
4. The end was perfect (Makoto died because he was scum, Sekai died because she her obsession drove her to take what didn't belong to her and then kill it. And Kotonoha exacted just punishment on Sekai at the cost of her fragile mind, not that she was very sane up to that point mind you)

I didn't like Makoto, but when the females around you are looking for "it", you can take advantage or not, he did and I at least understand him for it.

I liked Sekai because she made the plot develop, in a wrong direction, but she still led it to it's tragic end.

I like Kotonoha (visually) but she was such a naive person to the point of stupidity. I have absolutely no respect for her. She was the only character in the anime that managed pissed me off, and yet if she wasn't this way, the anime wouldn't be as good.
Jun 30, 2019 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Had not watched the anime but thanks to the controversy I bought both School Days and Shiny Days with uncensor patch and will try to play them someday
Jun 30, 2019 3:29 PM
Jun 2019
Its kinda creepy to think if that will happen in the real life. Though I think there's a news like that just because she loves the guy
Jun 30, 2019 3:45 PM

Mar 2019
Short_Circut said:
School Days could've been a lot better if the characters actually had some sort of brain. I keep hearing realistic thrown around, but last time I checked, you're not gonna find a high school full of women who are eager to have sex with some random dude, and you're certainly not gonna find one who is so delusional that even when she's flat out rejected she still thinks he is in love with her, unless there was some past event that contributed to that mentality

All the high school girls going to fuck a guy because he became Mr. Popular?

Sounds pretty damn accurate to me. The easiest way to get laid in high school is to have a reputation that other girls have fucked you.

People don't like School Days because they are squeamish and can't handle anything that "upsets" them so they feel the need to just say it was a bad show. School Days is a fantastic cautionary tale. I wrote a review about it that explains my view on it better.

I think you guys should remember that Makoto is like 15 years old in this anime. Yeah he was a bit of a jerk, and yeah he was irresponsible. I don't think Makoto was a "sociopath." A lot of 15 year old guys don't have perspective on their actions and will think with their dick. The point of the anime is to show 15 year old guys what will happen if you don't have any self control. Makoto isn't a sociopath, he is the personification of what a lot of 15 year old guys with no self control and too much opportunity would do.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2019 4:00 PM
Feb 2017
So School Days was actually the first anime i watched all episodes to the very end, i had only watched 100 One Piece eps before that, so at the time i didn't know much about anime and i actually ended up liking the anime, later after watching many other animes i came to realize how bad the story actually was and some characters too, despite that i still don't think it's as bad as people say yea Makoto was a cunt and Sekai too but to me the ending was great probably was a bit edgy and maybe even forced but to me captured the essence of the anime in great fashion even if it was a bad essence to begin with, the anime starts peacefully like any other School Romance anime and develops to end in absolute heavy bloody disgraceful way for everyone almost. I think if they had done the story a bit better specially in the middle when Makoto just starts to get all girls for absolute no reason, maybe people wouldn't hate it as much
Jun 30, 2019 4:44 PM

Dec 2016
School Days is one of those shows that seemed like it was trying to subvert the harem genre, but it was so ridiculous and over the top that is somehow became a parody of itself instead.

What's the difference?
Jun 30, 2019 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
Cute anime people getting murdered, what's not to love?
For real though, I watched this ages ago so I'm not sure if I would care about it now but I think it gets more hate than it deserves. It's not supposed to be pleasant.
Jun 30, 2019 5:02 PM

Dec 2012
I liked it because it was massive, twisted, trainwreck that was an unpredictable subversion of your typical school romance (which I was tired of at the time) and because
KruszerJun 30, 2019 5:06 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 30, 2019 5:10 PM

Sep 2018
Just how ridiculously brainless the MC was and how he randomly came to lack any empathy. Very exaggerated to the point of it just being a comical farce. The ending was cool though.
Jun 30, 2019 5:43 PM

Jul 2017
Ryuk9428 said:
Short_Circut said:

Sounds pretty damn accurate to me. The easiest way to get laid in high school is to have a reputation that other girls have fucked you.

People don't like School Days because they are squeamish and can't handle anything that "upsets" them so they feel the need to just say it was a bad show. School Days is a fantastic cautionary tale. I wrote a review about it that explains my view on it better.

I think you guys should remember that Makoto is like 15 years old in this anime. Yeah he was a bit of a jerk, and yeah he was irresponsible. I don't think Makoto was a "sociopath." A lot of 15 year old guys don't have perspective on their actions and will think with their dick. The point of the anime is to show 15 year old guys what will happen if you don't have any self control. Makoto isn't a sociopath, he is the personification of what a lot of 15 year old guys with no self control and too much opportunity would do.

lol wut? idk what kinda high school you went to where all the girls would flock to one guy just because he's somewhat above average popularity but ok I guess. He wasn't even that popular to begin with afaik, just had an infamous reputation. Can't confirm that though because it's been a while since I've seen it
Short_CircutJun 30, 2019 5:55 PM
Jun 30, 2019 6:07 PM

Jan 2018
The only good point I can give it is that it succeeded on being a deconstruction. Was it a necessary one? Not really.

The story is supposed to be "realistic" even though most of the characters don't act in a realistic manner a majority of times. Makoto isn't even some special dude, he doesn't have status, money or is a pretty boy so that point of realism is lost on it and just falls back into typical harem schlock.

The characters are bone headed to say the least and are basically unlikable, which will deter most people away since likeable/charismatic characters are an absolute must for most viewers.

Lastly, there's nothing outstanding about the ost, voice acting or art.

Is it the worst thing ever? Nah, but it still for the most deserved the infamy it's garnered.

I'd much rather watch Highschool DxD since at least I find it entertaining and has an /okish/ story.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jun 30, 2019 8:02 PM

Mar 2008
It's nice if you are able to grow to hate the MC. It just ends hilariously.

I think people that don't like it came in expecting it to be something else and didn't get what they wanted.
Jun 30, 2019 9:42 PM
Jul 2018
It's just awfully written, imo. There were no reasons that so many girls fall into this one particular guy, who absolutely has no redeeming qualities at all.
Let's say he has an awful personality, people with that still could have sexual partners and all.
But he doesn't even have redeeming qualities in his appearance, charisma, intelligence etc... much, much more realistically, he would be the guy, who is ignored by every girl, tbh, since he is sexy and interesting like a dead fish.
Even if some girls maybe just want to have sex, they would rather ignore someone like him and look for someone they are (appearance wise etc) attracted to.

I got the feeling that some guy wrote this story, who thought to himself "I know! Girls like the assholes, so all of them may fall for him! Why not making the loser guy popular?" and has no understanding of anything relationship-related stuff and whatever.

The ending was "nice" tho, but felt so fanfiction-like and the style, animation and music are bland af. People often get cheated on. How often did your high school cheating stories you witnessed from friends or yourself etc. end in an ending like this? I mean, it could happen in extreme cases, but it felt so over the top.

Ryuk9428 said:

What kind of schools did you people attend? haha

Nah, that's wrong, I love a few anime like Scum's Wish or KareKano (heard from some they hated it), but I though they were very realistic.
removed-userJun 30, 2019 10:28 PM
Jun 30, 2019 11:04 PM

Mar 2019
@Short_Circut and @Maneki_Mew

One of the classes I was in during freshman year of high school, literally every girl except for one went for a single guy. We had a class field trip once, and it was nauseating. I remember so clearly walking out of the bathroom and seeing him sitting on the couch with two girls drooped over him by the sides with an audience of girls in-front of him with their head in their hands. It was like a scene out of a movie. One of my friends at the time couldn't stop laughing at the face I apparently made when I saw it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2019 11:10 PM
Jan 2012
The main character is so plain, I genuinely don't understand why all of these different types of girls would open their legs for him. It's not like he was a stud, he just seemed so average in almost every aspect.

I also know that the appeal of the visual novel was the sex scenes, but it still felt largely annoying having to experience every single one of them. This anime did not need this many episodes to convey what it wanted to convey, this story did not need 12 episodes. A better anime could have done this exact story with proper pacing in like 6 episodes, this should have either been a movie, or an OVA series that wasn't forced to be a 1 cour show.

I just hate the show, but I also think everyone should watch it. It almost seems like a rite of passage for anime watchers to watch this show and pick a side.
Jun 30, 2019 11:15 PM

Sep 2018
One of the best endings ever and this sort of thing would happen if you tried to stick your dick in as many girls as possible who all know each other and then play with their feeling after.
Jun 30, 2019 11:43 PM

May 2018
The ending of School Days is deus ex machina - the tool to finish an awful pointless show which has nothing good to offer but still needs something to close it.
Same sh..t was with Clannad - pointless stupidity all the time and then sudden and unnecessary (/spoiler) happens.
That's the very cheap trick used by inept authors. They don't even try, they just put a piece of dirt and put a strawberry on top of it. But even a strawberry actually is a waxwork.
Though silly fanboys still get hooked by this.
Nemo_NiemandJul 1, 2019 12:04 AM

Jun 30, 2019 11:58 PM
Jul 2018
Ryuk9428 said:

One of the classes I was in during freshman year of high school, literally every girl except for one went for a single guy. We had a class field trip once, and it was nauseating. I remember so clearly walking out of the bathroom and seeing him sitting on the couch with two girls drooped over him by the sides with an audience of girls in-front of him with their head in their hands. It was like a scene out of a movie. One of my friends at the time couldn't stop laughing at the face I apparently made when I saw it.

Oh well, you got a very hormone ridden class there :'D
I mean, was there even anything interesting about that guy?

I knew the situations with complicated love triangles or uhm... circles, but you could understand why, because they knew each other well and I had these situations too. All in all, you could understand in many cases (imo), why they are into that person.

I've also never witnessed this "most popular boy / girl in the school", although there were some, like others talked about them and how good-looking they are. I bet, a few also got a few hook-ups from that alone, but it wasn't that extreme or cliched.
I think, most well-liked people in my middle and high school time were in this position, because they were kind, funny, intelligent, interesting, responsible and so on.

There was just one case, when a mentally instable guy wrote a threating letter to his ex girlfriend, but he was kicked out from school for that shit. Others didn't treat or kill their ex partners for breaking up or cheating, of course lol.
removed-userJul 1, 2019 12:11 AM
Jul 1, 2019 1:16 AM

Mar 2019
Maneki-Mew said:
Ryuk9428 said:

I knew the situations with complicated love triangles or uhm... circles, but you could understand why, because they knew each other well and I had these situations too. All in all, you could understand in many cases (imo), why they are into that person.

I've also never witnessed this "most popular boy / girl in the school", although there were some, like others talked about them and how good-looking they are. I bet, a few also got a few hook-ups from that alone, but it wasn't that extreme or cliched.
I think, most well-liked people in my middle and high school time were in this position, because they were kind, funny, intelligent, interesting, responsible and so on.

There was just one case, when a mentally instable guy wrote a threating letter to his ex girlfriend, but he was kicked out from school for that shit. Others didn't treat or kill their ex partners for breaking up or cheating, of course lol.

Well yeah nobody got killed, lol. That part I did think School Days went a bit over the top with.

The guy I mentioned was an aspiring musician who played a guitar. High school girls seem to love those guys ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 1, 2019 4:12 AM

Oct 2012
Adapting the worst route in a weirdly violent dating vn is the best idea anyone in the anime industry has ever had. Final product was petty rushed though I wish it was longer tbh
Jul 1, 2019 4:22 AM
Feb 2019
I only watched the first and last episodes. I regret nothing.
Jul 1, 2019 4:23 AM

Jan 2009
i like the short uncensored hentai clips i see from time to time but thats about it since im not motivated enough to watch this in full
Jul 1, 2019 4:33 AM

Jan 2008
I hated it...worst anime ever.
Even worse that it was so popular when it was airing. It took the sentiment of many an anime fan who wanted to see the male lead of a harem show dead for being indecisive or not choosing a favorite girl and took it literally. Anime men are scum and deserve to die - that was its message. Even worse, after its ending, fans kept discussing it and comparing other shows to it, calling for a "Nice Boat" ending. It was so bad I stopped watching anime for a while...and actually I don't think I see anime - and its fan community as a whole the same way.
Thankfully things have been better lately.
Jul 1, 2019 4:35 AM

Jun 2019
Ryuk9428 said:
Yeah, are you sure this happened? Maybe America is different somehow but I can't imagine something like that happening over here. It just sounds too much like one of those hollywood teenager movies on day television, which is supposed to be satire. Never saw all girls drooling over just one guy, this sounds like a fantasy.

Leading biologist Scott Pitnick said:
The bigger your 'nads, the smaller your brains
Jul 1, 2019 5:18 AM

Jul 2016
I like it so much that I got the game.

And I did a Makoto x Kotonoha roleplay with a girl here on MAL. I wish I could still roleplay with her.

Jul 1, 2019 10:18 AM

Jul 2017
Ryuk9428 said:

Maybe American schools are more raunchy than Canadian ones :P. Fair enough, I can see how that would make you see Makoto's situation more realistically I guess, but yeah at least from my perspective, it wasn't very realistic
Jul 1, 2019 12:30 PM

Mar 2019
Bakchos said:
Ryuk9428 said:
Yeah, are you sure this happened? Maybe America is different somehow but I can't imagine something like that happening over here. It just sounds too much like one of those hollywood teenager movies on day television, which is supposed to be satire. Never saw all girls drooling over just one guy, this sounds like a fantasy.

It's not much of a fantasy when you're not the guy being drooled over. It's actually very annoying.
Jul 1, 2019 1:03 PM

Nov 2008
Ryuk9428 said:
Short_Circut said:

I get where you're coming from but this really only makes sense if:

*The guy is really good-looking.
*The guy has a ton of other friends with good reputations.
*The guy is famous as either a musician, on a sports team, a model, has been in movies/on TV
*The guy is really talented in SOME way (sex doesn't count lol)
*The guy is RELATED to a famous person

Makoto doesn't have ANY of these things going for him. :/

Jul 1, 2019 1:09 PM

Mar 2019
Chiibi said:
Ryuk9428 said:

I get where you're coming from but this really only makes sense if:

*The guy is really good-looking.
*The guy has a ton of other friends with good reputations.
*The guy is famous as either a musician, on a sports team, a model, has been in movies/on TV
*The guy is really talented in SOME way (sex doesn't count lol)
*The guy is RELATED to a famous person

Makoto doesn't have ANY of these things going for him. :/

Makoto is the kind of guy you wouldn't expect to get popular, and in-fact, was not popular beforehand. He basically got lucky because two girls ended up fighting over him which then grew to three girls. If you have three girls fighting over you, the other girls are going to get curious as to why so many girls want you so badly. It all has a ricochet effect.
Jul 1, 2019 1:24 PM

Dec 2008
For me the capper is the ending but the male protagonist is a total asshole.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Jul 1, 2019 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Ryuk9428 said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Well yeah nobody got killed, lol. That part I did think School Days went a bit over the top with.

The guy I mentioned was an aspiring musician who played a guitar. High school girls seem to love those guys ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There is some truth behind that. Some women actually seem to fall for the "he plays guitar, so he is soo sensitive"-shit.
Maybe the anime should have given him a guitar haha
Jul 1, 2019 2:09 PM

Jun 2016
I like it because it's Almost like a true story,a story about a young horny player.
Jul 1, 2019 2:10 PM

Dec 2012
Makoto just did what every guy would have. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.
Jul 1, 2019 4:10 PM

Jan 2018
Bayek said:

Ya, because every guy is a cheater. Profound logic.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jul 1, 2019 4:43 PM

Sep 2014
I hate it. I hate it because it's ugly, the character designs look terrible. I hate it because the characters are all just detestable, unrelatable and/or annoying. I found it frustrating to watch too. Overall horrible disagreement with the show as a whole, on a personal level, though I don't think its writing was any good either.

But well, whatever. Fine, people like it. I just don't know, I feel like I'm living in some alternate reality when I see someone say any of it is 'realistic'.
Jul 1, 2019 6:18 PM

Mar 2019
Maneki-Mew said:
Ryuk9428 said:

There is some truth behind that. Some women actually seem to fall for the "he plays guitar, so he is soo sensitive"-shit.

Yeah that guy's looks were already lending him a big helping hand, he's probably like a 8/10, but having a guitar on top of that gave him almost god-like status among the girls at my school lol. He had this strangely intense fear of STDs in high school so he only actually had sex with four girls, but he got over that fear in college and ended up fucking around a lot more.

I wonder if there are very many Japanese guys who play guitar. I feel like Japan has more DJs since electronic music is so popular there.
Jul 1, 2019 6:40 PM

Oct 2018
I like how they got experimental about the ending.
Hated how the 11 episodes of buildup were complete ass.

Jul 1, 2019 6:46 PM

Mar 2019
Bayek said:

Jus1294 said:
Bayek said:

Ya, because every guy is a cheater. Profound logic.

Well this is one of the reasons why I think people are being overly moralistic when calling Makoto "a scumbag" or "a sociopath." When I was 15 my urges were probably just as strong as Makoto's. I can't say that 15 year old me would not have behaved a little bit like he did if I had the same opportunities. Nowadays I know that that kind of behavior is wrong and you shouldn't do that, but I don't trust my 15 year old self to have understood that. My 15 year old self would've probably just thought that we weren't that serious to begin with so she should just get over it. I'm not saying that's right, quite the opposite actually, I'm just saying that age is an important factor to consider here. Another big mistake on Makoto's part was not realizing what a catch Kotonoha really was because he was impatient. She was shy to begin with but she was starting to warm up to him, he would've gotten his desires fulfilled if he had just waited a little longer.

However, Makoto didn't need to make it so obvious to Kotonoha that he had lost interest in her. Age only goes so far in excusing that one. He was excessively self-absorbed to the point that he couldn't really understand how much she was hurting. But I don't think Makoto was being purposely malicious, I think he just saw opportunity and his hormones were so strong that he couldn't tell himself no. He clearly felt bad for Kotonoha at times though which I think is the real reason why he never officially broke up with her.

Given that I think Makoto's age is a very relevant factor though is why I think School Days is a really good anime for people who are in late middle school, high school, and a lot of people in college as well to watch so that people will understand why you can't act like Makoto. Nevertheless though, I consider Makoto to be a flawed character but not an evil one as many others have called him. He didn't deserve to die.
Jul 1, 2019 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
Ryuk9428 said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Yeah that guy's looks were already lending him a big helping hand, he's probably like a 8/10, but having a guitar on top of that gave him almost god-like status among the girls at my school lol. He had this strangely intense fear of STDs in high school so he only actually had sex with four girls, but he got over that fear in college and ended up fucking around a lot more.

I wonder if there are very many Japanese guys who play guitar. I feel like Japan has more DJs since electronic music is so popular there.

Another thing I never understood in some people: Looks are kind of important to me too, but they don't impress me so much that they make my decisions with who to be with or and sleep. Other people are good-looking too. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Ryuk9428 said:
Well this is one of the reasons why I think people are being overly moralistic when calling Makoto "a scumbag" or "a sociopath." When I was 15 my urges were probably just as strong as Makoto's. I can't say that 15 year old me would not have behaved a little bit like he did if I had the same opportunities. Nowadays I know that that kind of behavior is wrong and you shouldn't do that, but I don't trust my 15 year old self to have understood that. My 15 year old self would've probably just thought that we weren't that serious to begin with so she should just get over it.

Uh I don't know. I knew some guy with 15, a brother of my collegue and he was like "I'm pretending to like this girl, so she is gonna sleep with me" too and judging from his personality, he won't change so soon. It's rather worrisome in that age to take advantage of someone's feelings to get what you want and not being able to developing genuine feelings for anyone too. I mean, they are not that young and many aren't that childish anymore. And his brother (my collegue) was so pissed and disappointed that he was like that haha.

Speaking for reality, not this / another anime of course.
There I would be okay with him not having the guts to break up with the first girl instantly, just because od a lack of courage, and going for the one he is interested in, but it doesn't stop there. He got like six girls or so and there was absolutely no reason for that and that's what when I thought... wtf, why tho? xD

Plus yeah, that unbearable bland and generic art style. If I'm right, I remember that the art lacked a lot of details too.

When I took a glance into a few harems (or a few generic love triangles), I always asked that myself: why tho? These guys are like the most boring people in the world and I wonder if the audience views themselves the same way I dunno.
These guys not even having a history or some genuine / more resl and touching positive interactions with some of them.
I'm kinda astonished this actually works as self-inserts for some male anime fans, because I don't want to see myself, even if I would like self-inserts, in some Shoujo heroines, since they are the female most boring person in the world haha.
removed-userJul 1, 2019 10:47 PM
Jul 1, 2019 10:44 PM

Oct 2016
Is this a good show to watch ironically with friends? To watch it just to make fun of it that is. I feel like it's so infamous that I need it on my list eventually.

PikslapJul 5, 2019 7:32 PM
Jul 2, 2019 12:01 AM

Mar 2019
Maneki-Mew said:
Ryuk9428 said:

Another thing I never understood in some people: Looks are kind of important to me too, but they don't impress me so much that they make my decisions with who to be with or and sleep. Other people are good-looking too. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Ryuk9428 said:
Well this is one of the reasons why I think people are being overly moralistic when calling Makoto "a scumbag" or "a sociopath." When I was 15 my urges were probably just as strong as Makoto's. I can't say that 15 year old me would not have behaved a little bit like he did if I had the same opportunities. Nowadays I know that that kind of behavior is wrong and you shouldn't do that, but I don't trust my 15 year old self to have understood that. My 15 year old self would've probably just thought that we weren't that serious to begin with so she should just get over it.

Uh I don't know. I knew some guy with 15, a brother of my collegue and he was like "I'm pretending to like this girl, so she is gonna sleep with me" too and judging from his personality, he won't change so soon. It's rather worrisome in that age to take advantage of someone's feelings to get what you want and not being able to developing genuine feelings for anyone too. I mean, they are not that young and many aren't that childish anymore. And his brother (my collegue) was so pissed and disappointed that he was like that haha.

Speaking for reality, not this / another anime of course.
There I would be okay with him not having the guts to break up with the first girl instantly, just because od a lack of courage, and going for the one he is interested in, but it doesn't stop there. He got like six girls or so and there was absolutely no reason for that and that's what when I thought... wtf, why tho? xD

Plus yeah, that unbearable bland and generic art style. If I'm right, I remember that the art lacked a lot of details too.

When I took a glance into a few harems (or a few generic love triangles), I always asked that myself: why tho? These guys are like the most boring people in the world and I wonder if the audience views themselves the same way I dunno.
These guys not even having a history or some genuine / more resl and touching positive interactions with some of them.
I'm kinda astonished this actually works as self-inserts for some male anime fans, because I don't want to see myself, even if I would like self-inserts, in some Shoujo heroines, since they are the female most boring person in the world haha.

15 year olds are not children, but 15 year old guys also don't really understand the emotional impact of sex since most of them are still virgins but they are really desperate to not be one anymore. They're not intentionally being mean, they just don't really understand why its hurtful to girls to act that way. If they did understand, most wouldn't act that way anymore. And the vast majority of guys do come to understand eventually. Some guys never get out of that mindset, and some guys sort of got it from the beginning. Most 15 year old guys don't get it yet though, they just want sex really really badly and will say whatever they have to say in order to get it.

You'd be shocked at how much people can change. I have an uncle who was in a band in the late 60s during the peak of the hippie era. He was all about rock n roll. Today he's a very religious and reserved old man who loves to complain about his health lol.
Jul 2, 2019 12:58 AM

Jul 2014
TBF Makoto was 15, its exactly around that time that our sexual urges are at their peak, the girls were lining up for the dude so I say I cant really blame him, don't act like you werent hungry for that shit too when you were at that age.
Aug 7, 2019 4:53 AM

Jun 2019
I don't hate the show itself , I hate the MC, that is probably the most despicable and scumbag character I have ever seen, props to the anime for making me hate a fictional character so much. He only cares about himself, gives no fucks about what other people feel and if they are not of his interest anymore he'll discard them like they're disposable, this made me pissed through the whole thing. Most members of the cast aren't the brightest things as well, there's even a in it, so yeah...Still, I don't regret watching it, the ending was incredibly satisfying, I wanted something like that to happen and the show delivered, so it's cool.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1285 by Atsunome »»
Yesterday, 4:37 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

206 by Atsunome »»
Yesterday, 1:37 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

203 by Atsunome »»
Yesterday, 1:21 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

176 by Atsunome »»
Yesterday, 1:03 AM

Poll: » School Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Phrosh - Aug 22, 2007

123 by Atsunome »»
Yesterday, 12:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.