Forum Settings
Forums

What’s a hill you’re willing to die on? Relating to anime.

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 1, 2019 9:39 PM
Dec 2018
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K is the most hilarious anime out there. And nothing had changed my mind yet
Jul 1, 2019 10:29 PM

Jan 2016
School Days is the absolute worst thing this medium has to offer. I mean I can entertain the "harem deconstruction or subversion" argument but it still sucks even at that.
Jul 1, 2019 10:45 PM

Jul 2017
I'm willing to stand by SAO being a solid and enjoyable anime. It was my first anime and I would die protecting that opinion.
Jul 2, 2019 1:11 AM

Mar 2012
The only things I can think of are:

1. Wolfram is a terrible character and Yuuri x Wolfram is not a good representation of "LGBT" or adorable and cute from any angle

2. Conrad is the best character, fight me! Fujoshis accusing him of being an evil OTP destroying creepy pedo who wants to snatch away his little bro's fiance is utter bs! And no, the fish with human legs wasn't his girlfriend and he didn't "steal" the rubber duck from baby Yuuri neither is he obsessed with Yuuri because he's Julia's reincarnation. The only reason fujoshis find him boring is because unlike their best boy Wolfram, he doesn't even try to get into Yuuri's pants.
Jul 2, 2019 1:27 AM

Apr 2018
Pikslap said:
vhagar8 said:

>0 isekai in your list
>isekai is cancer

Ok...

I usually give an anime 3 episodes before I decide whether it's worth adding to my list or not. I've actually tried quite a few Isekai (SAO, Overlord, How Not To Summon A Demon Lord), but hated them all, so I didn't want to add something I was never going to watch again to my list. All the stuff that is on my list is stuff I plan on finishing eventually.
Also...
>Going through a profile in an attempt to prove a point.
You're a Redditor aren't you?

So u watched the first couple of eps of a couple of isekai and ur now generalizing to the whole genre? That's a little better that having watched none of them, but it's still nonsense, dunno what point that's supposed to prove tbh

Anyway your list is open to the public, am I not allowed to use that public knowledge to make a point?
And how is using reddit or not relevant to this discussion in any way btw?
Jul 2, 2019 1:33 AM

Oct 2015
MeisterDM said:
Orhunaa said:

I'm demonstrating to you that you wouldn't be able to say it's a joke and call it a day had it been something else as harmless as liking certain fictional works.

@MeisterDM

Of course it's different but you have yet to told me why one would be acceptable to utter out and the other wouldn't.

Because there are people in this world (and through out history) that actually have been persecuted for their religious beliefs. A large portion of the anime fandom hating on fujoshis and ecchi fans is nothing in comparison.

So you have to be one of the most persecuted groups of people throughout history for jokes about wishing on your death to be considered distasteful. Alrighty then.
Jul 2, 2019 1:51 AM
Apr 2017
Death note was complete and total garbage from beginning to end.

Fuck senjouhagara.

Don't touch my Itachi.

Samurai champloo is mediocre and nothing more than that.

Mononoke hime's characters range from unabashedly boring to shockingly atrocious. And while I like quite a bit a few of Miyazaki's movies, the tree hugging theme of a number of them gets tiresome very quickly.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jul 2, 2019 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
Kimi no na wa was and will always be boring. But I don't mind watching it again because it's difficult to comprehend in the first place.
Jul 2, 2019 3:50 AM

Oct 2010
The anime fandom is far more diverse than the anime fandom itself seems to believe a lot of the time, and more often than not there's no such thing as clear labels where you can group fans inequivocally and with no correlation to other groups. You can be a hardcore ecchi fan and still like kids shows finding a different appeal to each, you can be into adrenaline-pumping action and fluffy romance at the same time. They are not exclusive and there's too much of an obsession with creating some sort of validated identity among anime fans with clear divisions.

Fluidity is not the single determining factor of good animation. It's not inherently wrong to use a lower framerate if it serves to the overall aesthetic purpose of the scene and if it creates the kind of illusion of movement necessary to convey a message. And if you don't have proper direction, camerawork or a rational use of inbetweens for instance, your amazingly fluid animation may feel like obnoxious noise. Sakuga talk has this kind of double edge where it often calls for further attention for relevant aspects of both production and visual language but it also accidentally creates an identity where people validate animation as long as it has a lot of things moving on screen at the same time and it feels fluid. Tl;dr: Naotoshi Shida is overrated.

People who see whatever random female character and can only think of the words "waifu" or "loli" if said character is underage can go fuck themselves because they are annoying and toxic. Same for people who see a group of male characters and immediately claim "fujobait". Same for people who can't conceive being attached to a character in a non-romantic way. No, not everyone is a pervert and not everyone is lusting every time they watch a cute show.

There's no such thing as overselling or overthinking. People can find deep messages or attachments in everything. People can be wrong in their interpretations and accidentally see a message in a show that the author clearly didn't intend to. But saying they make the anime look much deeper than it deserves to be is unironically the most shallow and overly defensive comeback ever. Related to that, just because an anime has themes and you can talk about them in depth doesn't make its themes central to the enjoyment and appeal of the show, and doesn't make the show more or less complex than whatever random standard you want to compare it with.
Jul 2, 2019 7:22 AM

Oct 2013
Neon Genesis Evangelion (and EoE) are on a league of it's own when it comes to anime quality. It's a travesty that neither are even near top tier on MAL ratings.

Top 50 of MAL is full of overrated shows. Shingeki no Kyojin, Steins Gate, Your Name, Haikyuu, Code Geass, JoJo, Neverland, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.

Evangelion 3.33 is the best rebuild movie (so far).

Darling in the FranXX is a great show, and the last half was better than the first half.

TRIGGER is the best studio of the last few years. It is unironically saving anime with passion projects, just as Gainax did before it.

Fantasy Isekai, Light Novels, Visual Novels, Cute Girls Doing Cute Things, Melodrama, Neverending Trashy Shounen are the cancer killing anime.
Jul 2, 2019 7:43 AM

Jun 2019
probably defending my haikyuu boys >:( <3
Jul 2, 2019 8:03 AM

Mar 2016
I think long running shonen anime is mediocre. But, I'm not one of those people that is like "Oh yeah, Naruto is trash." I like Naruto and I really like One Piece as well. I just don't think they are good shows because of how long they are. They stray from the story too much and it just becomes boring.

My Hero Academia is falling into that category as well. It's a good story but it gets boring and hard to continue when it becomes so long.

But, also, I am not really that into action anime in general. I'd rather watch a cute anime about girls doing funny stuff in high school.
Jul 2, 2019 9:13 AM

Oct 2010
https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=275530

is the best anime production

the characters act reasonably unlike most anime, talk like they are actually in their 20s but are not full on normies / units in the capitalist machine just yet and goof around a lot (sort of like how actual early 20s in the west are)

the backgrounds/sound/art are all amazing

the humor is unique and good and holds up after multiple rewatches

the portrayal / approach to the anime and the way the story is told is also unique (which is the main reason why its score is low, cause monkeys couldn't understand what's happening) . I'm not saying unique means better in this case but it's different and it works so it's a breath of fresh air and those are much needed when it comes to anime

Haganai is the best out of all similar animes (oregairu, nisekoi etc). It has the best humor by far and Sena Kashiwazaki is the best anime girl in existence
has brains , has money, good at everything she does, tsundere, blonde with blue eyes, plays games, talks about stepping on people while still being innocent the entire time

bunny anime (from last season) is complete and absolute utter garbage

knee socks > thighhighs , by far the sock/leg/dress ratio is much better and more magical
lots of music -
Jul 2, 2019 9:16 AM
May 2019
i like sao, the writing isn't the best. but it is enjoyable and the soundtrack is great

also 02 is overrated
Jul 2, 2019 9:18 AM

Oct 2016
vhagar8 said:
Pikslap said:

I usually give an anime 3 episodes before I decide whether it's worth adding to my list or not. I've actually tried quite a few Isekai (SAO, Overlord, How Not To Summon A Demon Lord), but hated them all, so I didn't want to add something I was never going to watch again to my list. All the stuff that is on my list is stuff I plan on finishing eventually.
Also...
>Going through a profile in an attempt to prove a point.
You're a Redditor aren't you?

So u watched the first couple of eps of a couple of isekai and ur now generalizing to the whole genre? That's a little better that having watched none of them, but it's still nonsense, dunno what point that's supposed to prove tbh

Anyway your list is open to the public, am I not allowed to use that public knowledge to make a point?

My hatred for Isekai comes from the fact that half of it is the same MMO crap and most of it is Ecchi, but despite a lot of them feeling like more or less the exact same thing, they still continue to infect each season of anime.
Also 3 episodes should be enough to pull a viewer in. Even if a plot isn't good after 3 episodes, I might continue to watch it for the art or characters.
Isekai hasn't captured any of that for me. It is painfully average.
As for the Reddit thing, that was more of a joke than anything.
Also.
If you enjoy Isekai, good for you. I hate it. I'm not saying it should go extinct, but critically endangered sounds good to me.
EDIT:
I totally forgot about one of my biggest gripes with Isekai. There are so little Western Fantasy anime coming out now-a-days without the premise of "this is actually an RPG world". This is one of the reasons I am excited for Vinland Saga. Hopefully it'll give me that feeling Berserk did. (also updated signature due to new tinypic account)

PikslapJul 5, 2019 7:47 PM
Jul 2, 2019 9:24 AM

Apr 2015
Madoka's writing is not good and it's just plain not a great show in general. It's just another retreading of Faust and Kamen Rider, and uses emotional manipulation of the viewer in order to tug at heart strings it does not earn. It's full of plot holes, inconsistencies, and no, Rebellion does not fix anything--just puts a bandage on it.

FMA 2003 is far better than Brotherhood in a thematic sense. They're both good shows, but I think the original had far greater weight to it.

School Days is actually a pretty interestingly-good show, but not in a traditional sense, I find it far more realistic than a lot of other anime in its genre.

That's about it.
Mugetsu-Jul 2, 2019 9:32 AM
Jul 2, 2019 9:38 AM

Oct 2016
Monarch-Reli said:
Madoka's writing is not good and it's just plain not a great show in general. It's just another retreading of Faust and Kamen Rider, and uses emotional manipulation of the viewer in order to tug at heart strings it does not earn. It's full of plot holes, inconsistencies, and no, Rebellion does not fix anything--just puts a bandage on it.

FMA 2003 is far better than Brotherhood in a thematic sense. They're both good shows, but I think the original had far greater weight to it.

That's about it.

>FMA 2003 is far better than Brotherhood in a thematic sense. They're both good shows, but I think the original had far greater weight to it.
Completely agree. Brotherhood also felt a little rushed in some places. Both are 10/10s to me, but I definitely enjoy 2003 more.
>Madoka's writing is not good and it's just plain not a great show in general.
I'm actually currently watch Madoka Magica. I'm enjoying it so far. I finished episode 7 last night, and it felt like they made Sayaka's dread, when confessing to Madoka how she felt, very real. I like that she has this cat that brought her so much misery following her around. I wonder what direction the show will take. I already know the ending is supposed to be dark. That combined with the fact that it was made by Shaft is the only reason I'm watching a magical girl anime in the first place. Anyway, where I'm at, I'd give it a 7/10.
And Now that you mention it, I'm surprised I didn't notice the similarities to Faust, but I can't say for sure they are intentional. This type of tale has existed for a long time.

PikslapJul 5, 2019 7:47 PM
Jul 2, 2019 9:45 AM

Apr 2018
Pikslap said:
vhagar8 said:

My hatred for Isekai comes from the fact that half of it is the same MMO crap and most of it is Ecchi, but despite a lot of them feeling like more or less the exact same thing, they still continue to infect each season of anime.
Also 3 episodes should be enough to pull a viewer in. Even if a plot isn't good after 3 episodes, I might continue to watch it for the art or characters.
Also.
If you enjoy Isekai, good for you. I hate it. I'm not saying it should go extinct, but critically endangered sounds good to me.
EDIT:
I totally forgot about one of my biggest gripes with Isekai. There are so little Western Fantasy anime coming out now-a-days without the premise of "this is actually an RPG world". This is one of the reasons I am excited for Vinland Saga. Hopefully it'll give me that feeling Berserk did.

>I'm not saying it should go extinct
>Isekai is stage 3 cancer. Hopefully we can chemo it.
>they still continue to infect each season of anime

Anyway, tbh I couldn't give less of a shit whenever u like the genre or not, all I was doing, was pointing out how unfair it is to generalize to a whole genre when u've watched close to nothing of that genre.
If u wanna say smth like "I've tried it and I didn't like what I saw, so I'd rather use my time to watch smth I'm more likely to enjoy" that's fair. But trash talking on a whole genre u know close to nothing about is just dumb. I mean, trash talking on a whole genre is dumb regardless, but the fact that u know close to nothing about that genre makes it even more dumb.
Jul 2, 2019 9:54 AM

Apr 2015
Pikslap said:
Monarch-Reli said:

That's about it.

>FMA 2003 is far better than Brotherhood in a thematic sense. They're both good shows, but I think the original had far greater weight to it.
Completely agree. Brotherhood also felt a little rushed in some places. Both are 10/10s to me, but I definitely enjoy 2003 more.
I'm actually currently watch Madoka Magica. I'm enjoying it so far. I finished episode 7 last night, and it felt like they made Sayaka's dread, when confessing to Madoka how she felt, very real. I like that she has this cat that brought her so much misery following her around. I wonder what direction the show will take. I already know the ending is supposed to be dark. That combined with the fact that it was made by Shaft is the only reason I'm watching a magical girl anime in the first place. Anyway, where I'm at, I'd give it a 7/10.
And Now that you mention it, I'm surprised I didn't notice the similarities to Faust, but I can't say for sure they are intentional. This type of tale has existed for a long time.

Quite honestly, I'm not so much annoyed that Madoka is praised for "copying" Faust as I am of it lifting heavily from Kamen Rider Ryuki, the similarities are striking and I cannot believe that Urobuchi was called: "Original" for the idea.

Synopsis for Kamen Rider Ryuko

All you need to do is replace: Rider with Magical Girl and it's almost the same show. They even have HEAVILY similar plot twist and characters. I understand the "battle royale" thing has always existed in some way shape or form throughout human history and, while I've said this before, I don't have as much as a problem with Madoka as a show, as I am for how people view and praise it. Almost everything said about it can proven false.

I have no problem with people enjoying it, I have a problem when they claim their enjoyment is an objective fact and I need to fall in line with it. >.>
Jul 2, 2019 11:19 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
It's perfectly okay to prefer dubs over subs.

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Jul 2, 2019 1:31 PM

Oct 2016
vhagar8 said:
Pikslap said:

Also.
EDIT:
I totally forgot about one of my biggest gripes with Isekai. There are so little Western Fantasy anime coming out now-a-days without the premise of "this is actually an RPG world". This is one of the reasons I am excited for Vinland Saga. Hopefully it'll give me that feeling Berserk did.

>I'm not saying it should go extinct
>Isekai is stage 3 cancer. Hopefully we can chemo it.
>they still continue to infect each season of anime

Anyway, tbh I couldn't give less of a shit whenever u like the genre or not, all I was doing, was pointing out how unfair it is to generalize to a whole genre when u've watched close to nothing of that genre.
If u wanna say smth like "I've tried it and I didn't like what I saw, so I'd rather use my time to watch smth I'm more likely to enjoy" that's fair. But trash talking on a whole genre u know close to nothing about is just dumb. I mean, trash talking on a whole genre is dumb regardless, but the fact that u know close to nothing about that genre makes it even more dumb.

Chemo doesn't mean "gone forever" like extinct does.
I've said what I meant. Isekai is trash. I don't need to watch romcom anime to I won't like them. If you think it's dumb of me, feel free to. 3 episodes of 3 episodes is a little over 3 hours, and it is also 3 attempts for a genre. Isekai for the most part to me comes off as a "seen 1 seen them all" thing and if it wasn't infecting each season of anime I wouldn't mind as much.
I stand by what I've said.
If you enjoy Isekai so much, good for you.
I like long-running battle Shonens despite the hate they get.

PikslapJul 5, 2019 7:48 PM
Jul 2, 2019 1:40 PM

Oct 2016
Monarch-Reli said:
Pikslap said:

Quite honestly, I'm not so much annoyed that Madoka is praised for "copying" Faust as I am of it lifting heavily from Kamen Rider Ryuki, the similarities are striking and I cannot believe that Urobuchi was called: "Original" for the idea.

Synopsis for Kamen Rider Ryuko

All you need to do is replace: Rider with Magical Girl and it's almost the same show. They even have HEAVILY similar plot twist and characters. I understand the "battle royale" thing has always existed in some way shape or form throughout human history and, while I've said this before, I don't have as much as a problem with Madoka as a show, as I am for how people view and praise it. Almost everything said about it can proven false.

I have no problem with people enjoying it, I have a problem when they claim their enjoyment is an objective fact and I need to fall in line with it. >.>

Geez. That does sound...very familiar.
I can see why that would be upsetting. It's like being a hardcore Shin Megami Tensei fan and only seeing the Persona spin-off games get attention and praise, when really, they all deserve it.
I also hear this is what Fire Force fans feel about Promare, though I haven't seen either.
>I have no problem with people enjoying it, I have a problem when they claim their enjoyment is an objective fact and I need to fall in line with it. >.>
I feel that. Especially as someone who sees Steins Gate as an average anime.
ONLY EDITS MADE WERE TO UPDATE SIGNATURE

PikslapJul 5, 2019 7:49 PM
Jul 2, 2019 1:47 PM

Nov 2014
The two last episodes from Neon Genesis Evangelion are great.

Satoshi Kon is better than Hayao Miyazaki.

The best anime was made in the late 90s-early 2000s.

You can love both Madoka Magica and Princess Tutu. Same with Evangelion and RahXephon.

Jul 2, 2019 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
i have unwavering conviction anime will be burned to the ground for the sin of existing and bringing upon dammation to the world, and be roborn as superior capitalist machine of toy making extravaganza by our rat overlord mickey.
Jul 2, 2019 3:06 PM

Feb 2019
DYED said:
Superns18 said:
Please explain how it seems like a bait thread? I assume you completely skipped the first paragraph.

It's not your fault or anything. I'm not insinuating you were trolling or baiting on purpose.
It's that I've seen mods closing threads like this preemptively to avoid people eating each-other, regardless of the actual vibe of the thread or the intentions of the OP.

Oh, got you. Yea, it's been pretty chill so far though.
Jul 2, 2019 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Best adult anime comedy is that of Panty and Stocking and it is a shame no other anime outside 2000s Gainax and Trigger has not produced anything similar.

80s realistic mecha are the best realistic mecha

Sci-fi anime is in a crisis. Hopefully GITS SAC 3rd GIG will prove me wrong.

Jul 2, 2019 4:01 PM

Sep 2014
I've posted once already in the thread, but whatever, here's another one.

Claiming a show, or something it does is 'problematic', is stupid. At least with the intention I think its being used, implying something is wrong to be done in a fictional work. No, it's not. A fictional work does not have to abide by yours or anyone else's morals, beliefs and ideas. You might feel its bad, disgusting or whatever, but that's it. Unless something is obviously targetted as an attack on a specific group/person (which basically doesn't happen in widely spread works) it's ok to be. You should be able to fetishize everything and everyone, touch on any taboo, do whatever you want to your characters.

Kenzen Robo Daimidaler is hilarious as fuck, same with Uchuu Senkan Tiramisu. Honestly, both deserve much more recognition. Found them infinitely more funny than Nichijou and some other praised anime comedy, though I guess sense of humour is the least agreeable attribute of them all

BlancaXLobo said:
The two last episodes from Neon Genesis Evangelion are great.

Definitely true. So is End of Evangelion. But it's baffling just how many people there are who go heavily either way, and claim the other one is bad. I don't get it. These 2 aren't at odds with each other, on any level. I would even say they're almost complements. Hate this divide in EVA fanbase, really. It's completely unwarranted.

ImaishiJul 2, 2019 4:05 PM
Jul 2, 2019 5:41 PM

Oct 2010
Imaishi said:
Claiming a show, or something it does is 'problematic', is stupid. At least with the intention I think its being used, implying something is wrong to be done in a fictional work. No, it's not. A fictional work does not have to abide by yours or anyone else's morals, beliefs and ideas. You might feel its bad, disgusting or whatever, but that's it. Unless something is obviously targetted as an attack on a specific group/person (which basically doesn't happen in widely spread works) it's ok to be. You should be able to fetishize everything and everyone, touch on any taboo, do whatever you want to your characters.

I mean, one would ideally treat fiction as something that will never or rarely be able to cause harm, but that's a bit disingenuous if you ask me, and we'd rather enter a grey zone where fiction is obviously never going to make people suffer like real and direct action can, but we can't treat it as an innocuous vacuum either. Claiming that a show is "problematic" is really not that bad, because something can feel problematic to various different degrees, to the person who is watching the show. The question is rather that this term feels loaded because it's often used in confrontational discourse, or mistaken as confrontational. But if you believe a certain moral is wrong and detrimental to the portrayal of a collective, you can certainly call it problematic. It's not like the term is wrong and people should not be afraid of using it. Heck, it's actually annoying that I can't use the term more or less freely to explain MY issues with a show because somebody will call me names just by mentioning the word.

Oh, and I'm also in agreement about the last two episodes of NGE. Not so much on End of Eva, which was never that good as an ending to me, but I like it, just significantly less.
jal90Jul 2, 2019 5:51 PM
Jul 2, 2019 5:47 PM
Nov 2018
Darling in the Franxx was really enjoyable and the last two episodes are not going to ruin the other 22.
Jul 2, 2019 6:07 PM

Dec 2013
1. Alexander Petrov is God
2. Mechas doing pushups and situps never gets old
3. Texhnolyze is art
4. Op/Ed music is overrated
5. Anime sucks at romance
Jul 5, 2019 11:11 AM

Sep 2014
jal90 said:
Imaishi said:

I mean, one would ideally treat fiction as something that will never or rarely be able to cause harm, but that's a bit disingenuous if you ask me, and we'd rather enter a grey zone where fiction is obviously never going to make people suffer like real and direct action can, but we can't treat it as an innocuous vacuum either. Claiming that a show is "problematic" is really not that bad, because something can feel problematic to various different degrees, to the person who is watching the show. The question is rather that this term feels loaded because it's often used in confrontational discourse, or mistaken as confrontational. But if you believe a certain moral is wrong and detrimental to the portrayal of a collective, you can certainly call it problematic. It's not like the term is wrong and people should not be afraid of using it. Heck, it's actually annoying that I can't use the term more or less freely to explain MY issues with a show because somebody will call me names just by mentioning the word.

It's not like one can't or shouldn't judge stuff by their personal beliefs and feelings regarding it, that's not what I meant to say. You can, of course, completely disagree with something, maybe even feel offended, and think less of a show for it - some of the anime I consider the worst its due to exactly that (like school days, or shigatsu).

I mean, it might be just me reading too much into words or something, but generally calling something a problem implies it needs a solution, a change, doesn't it? And 'the hill' I was speaking of is my objection to any kind of censorship targetted at entertainment/art. And it might indeed be mistaking it, but I'm pretty sure at least some people; especially regarding the more controversial ideas, like the ever popular discussion topics around here: incest and lolicon; do mean exactly that.
Jul 5, 2019 11:31 AM

Nov 2015
Tatsumaki is the most awful character ever made.
Jul 5, 2019 11:40 AM

Sep 2008
Bakchos said:
vegeta8639 said:
Senjougahara is trash
Finally I found someone who also thinks this, it's been years of searching. Amem.

I love you both, but not as much as I hate senjougahara crabshit

as for me, evangelion is the best anime ever created. at least from the ones I have seen. and I "pray" every day that something better will happen, but I highly doubt unless we go back to cel animation.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jul 5, 2019 11:44 AM

Jun 2017
Mob Psycho is better than One Punch Man.
Saber > Rin
SAO Alicization is as bad as SAO.
Kurisu is best girl.
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Jul 5, 2019 11:53 AM

Jan 2015
harems are trash that shouldnt exist, especially isekai harems like shield trash
mha is overrated and garbage
fate franchise/nasuverse is a shitty hentai novel with terrible story
monogatari is a HAREM and it's boring as hell
shirou/deku type of main characters are annoying as fuck
rem is a piece of shit slut
most isekais are garbage because they are harems, and would be much better as a proper fantasy story

there are more probly but this is enough
BestBoiErenJul 5, 2019 12:00 PM
Jul 5, 2019 12:18 PM

Oct 2010
Imaishi said:
jal90 said:

It's not like one can't or shouldn't judge stuff by their personal beliefs and feelings regarding it, that's not what I meant to say. You can, of course, completely disagree with something, maybe even feel offended, and think less of a show for it - some of the anime I consider the worst its due to exactly that (like school days, or shigatsu).

I mean, it might be just me reading too much into words or something, but generally calling something a problem implies it needs a solution, a change, doesn't it? And 'the hill' I was speaking of is my objection to any kind of censorship targetted at entertainment/art. And it might indeed be mistaking it, but I'm pretty sure at least some people; especially regarding the more controversial ideas, like the ever popular discussion topics around here: incest and lolicon; do mean exactly that.

Uhm, not necessarily I think. For instance I can find a show problematic if I think it presents something that I find morally repulsive, but that doesn't mean that it should be solved. Sometimes this moral issue is the very reason behind the existence of the show so there's not much of a solution besides, well.. just not watching the show and avoiding it personally. Or watching it, raging and then letting others experience the show because I don't intend to change it.

Interestingly since I tend to avoid incest and lolicon, I think the most offended I've felt with an anime was with the Ryoutei no Aiji commercial shorts, which don't feel like they have any controversy in them.

By the way, when I said "disingenuous" I meant "ingenuous". I think the meaning of the phrase changes a lot that way since I was misusing the word xD
Jul 5, 2019 12:47 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
-cheerful male characters like sakamoto tatsuma, gino from Code Geass, and Fai from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle deserve more love
-Bakugo is, was, and will always be garbage. Same goes for Haruhi Suzumiya.
-There is nothing inherently wrong with female characters falling in love with the male MC. Get over it, sheesh.
-Tsunderes are way too overhated, especially on this website.
-Emotionless/stoic/reserved characters in anime are overrated. Showing zero emotions or giving zero fucks doesn’t make a character cool or badass.
-Not liking fanservice/lolicon/incest in anime doesn’t make someone an SJW or a butthurt feminist.
Jul 5, 2019 12:49 PM

Apr 2015
Shoujo has as much variety as any other demographic focused media and everyone can find some story to enjoy.

Media aimed at kids is as well important and enjoyable. It shouldn't be brushed off just because "kodomo".

Waifu/husbando culture is garbage and should stay just a meme.

KyoAni is over rated.

Studio Ghibli is over rated.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 11 hours ago

41 by Absurdo_N »»
40 seconds ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - 3 hours ago

12 by shin0by »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 25 minutes ago

4 by EastIndiaCompany »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 50 minutes ago

12 by Zimmu »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 17 minutes ago

0 by Absurdo_N »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.