Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2019 5:21 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice arm, Kitarou.

But seriously, this guy just can't ever catch a break. It's not everyday you get to see an oversized talking rat either.
Jun 30, 2019 6:40 AM

May 2010
Ah, I just noticed why they design Mana's hairstyle in such a way...additional nest for papa eyeball to hide when is Kitaro not available!
Jun 30, 2019 7:21 AM
Jun 2017
Won't lie, I was really hoping Rei would kill Nezumi Otoko. But Kitaro made some good points too.
Jun 30, 2019 8:47 AM

Sep 2011
Another one of the Four Generals finally appeared, and this time Kitarou was able to retrieve his soul to take it back to Enma-Daiou, but I'm still slightly irritated to have watched him fighting Rei to protect Nezumi-Otoko. Sure, it wouldn't feel right/good to just see him being erased like that and I didn't expect Kitarou to let it happen either, but Rei had a good point. Kitarou knows all about the terrible things Nezumi-Otoko did, and that he shows no sign of change or remorse, but is still up to forgiving him.

It's a good message, really, to forgive evil and have mercy. But Nezumi Otoko didn't commit a mistake once or twice, but like, and it's just a random guess, 30+ times just in this adaptation? Forgiving is all well and good, but I think it would be better to draw the line sooner or later. It feels like Nezumi-Otoko is above it all, and can get away with anything. I still love Kitarou despite the contradiction though. Welp, I wonder if Neko-Musume will find out about the deal Kitarou made when the next General appears, but I think it's safe to assume that the one Rei is hunting is going to be the last.
Jun 30, 2019 10:38 AM

Mar 2016
Yeah, Kitaro had good points but for this episode I'm more in Rei's side.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 30, 2019 12:48 PM

Oct 2012
Fayrin said:
Another one of the Four Generals finally appeared, and this time Kitarou was able to retrieve his soul to take it back to Enma-Daiou, but I'm still slightly irritated to have watched him fighting Rei to protect Nezumi-Otoko. Sure, it wouldn't feel right/good to just see him being erased like that and I didn't expect Kitarou to let it happen either, but Rei had a good point. Kitarou knows all about the terrible things Nezumi-Otoko did, and that he shows no sign of change or remorse, but is still up to forgiving him.

It's a good message, really, to forgive evil and have mercy. But Nezumi Otoko didn't commit a mistake once or twice, but like, and it's just a random guess, 30+ times just in this adaptation? Forgiving is all well and good, but I think it would be better to draw the line sooner or later. It feels like Nezumi-Otoko is above it all, and can get away with anything. I still love Kitarou despite the contradiction though. Welp, I wonder if Neko-Musume will find out about the deal Kitarou made when the next General appears, but I think it's safe to assume that the one Rei is hunting is going to be the last.

I think Kitaro said that Nezumi Otoko does suffer and show remorse and that's why he's able to forgive him time after time. He strives for success in love or money and time after time fails but his ability to "crawl through the mud" again and again is something to uphold.
Jul 4, 2019 6:50 AM
Feb 2019
Kitaro to Rei, "What a coincedence, I hate you too."
That sure struck a nerve.
Aug 9, 2019 10:44 PM

Jan 2011
Sorry, but I gotta side with the edgy boy on this one.
Jan 23, 2020 1:36 PM

Mar 2009
I'm sorry, but I still don't understand their friendship.
Oct 31, 2021 10:48 AM

Nov 2018
This is one of the best episodes so far. The yokai was quite threatening this time, and I wonder if we'll see the other "shoguns" afterwards. As far as the characters are concerned, the Kitaro-Nezumi Otoko relationship is highlighted. It almost seems like it is by nature that Kitaro is Nezumi Otoko's "friend". Even though Nezumi Otoko will always repeat the same mistakes, Kitaro will always save him and tell him to change, but nothing changes. There's something almost mechanical about it. That's why I think it's not a real friendship... just that Kitaro can't hate Nezumi Otoko.
Nezumi Otoko acts as a savior for once, that's rare enough to be highlighted lmao. But of course we all know that in the next episode he will be back to be the troublemaker he always was. Anyway, let's enjoy this moment...
Apart from that, it's cool to see Rei Isurugi in action, I hope her duality with Kitaro will be well developed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

moodie - Mar 31, 2018

109 by TripleC »»
Oct 23, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2018

27 by gabrielloki »»
Aug 31, 2023 5:38 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 95 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

7 by Punkero »»
Mar 31, 2023 5:59 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 93 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

10 by Punkero »»
Mar 29, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Gegege no Kitarou (2018) Episode 88 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2020

8 by Punkero »»
Mar 8, 2023 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.