Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 29, 2019 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fumino and Utaka looks cute in their yukata. Looks like we got the festival theme episode for the series' finale.

Mafuyu with the piggyback ride with Yuiga though. That scene with him treating her leg injury looked kinda lewd lol. At least Asumi made another appearance. The character bond between Fumino and Yuiga this episode though.

Season 2 (October) announcement
https://twitter.com/bokuben_anime/status/1144998207413456897
Stark700Jun 29, 2019 8:58 AM
Jun 29, 2019 9:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Gold news lads! Season 2 is coming on October! Oh yeah!

https://mobile.twitter.com/bokuben_anime/status/1144998207413456897?s=21
https://twitter.com/bokuben_anime/status/1144998207413456897
_MushiRock11_Jun 29, 2019 9:38 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 29, 2019 9:03 AM

Aug 2017
Uruka and Fumino are great but Nariyuki is so stupid. It's just a weak version of The Quintessential Quintuplets. 4/10 for the anime
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 29, 2019 9:04 AM

Oct 2015
Didn't think I'd enjoy watching a harem shounen again, I'm impressed.
Jun 29, 2019 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
Another boring season announced for the boring harem anime. 4/10, next season should be slightly better though.
Jun 29, 2019 9:09 AM

Oct 2015
Nurguburu said:
Uruka and Fumino are great but Nariyuki is so stupid. It's just a weak version of The Quintessential Quintuplets. 4/10 for the anime

Dropped go toubun no hanayome on ep 4, the girls are all kind of annoying, each in her own way. Not that I can explain what exactly is wrong, I just didn't like them.
Jun 29, 2019 9:42 AM

Jul 2014
Despite the attempt at saving best girl for last at least for this season... this was a pretty meh adaptation.
4/10.
This is too much of a heavy burden for even Fumino to carry.
Hopefully they adapt the next season better, but its not like the staff will change so I don't expect much.
If anything, 5bun had a better adaptation, but that coulda been because they had an all star seiyuu lineup there.
Jun 29, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2018
I was sad that ths was the last ep but realized S2 is coming soon. I too, want to be stepped on by Kirisu-Sensei. Glad they showed more Fumino for the last ep of s1
shimraiJun 30, 2019 1:31 AM
Jun 29, 2019 10:37 AM

Apr 2013

So cute. I can't wait for Season 2!!
Jun 29, 2019 10:38 AM

Aug 2013
Poor Yuiga. He didn't get a chance to enjoy the festival.

It was that this was a Fumino focused episode. She and Yuiga sharing the futon.

Overall, this was a good show. 7/10. Looking forward to season 2.

Jun 29, 2019 10:54 AM

Aug 2012
-Stray said:
Despite the attempt at saving best girl for last at least for this season... this was a pretty meh adaptation.
4/10.
This is too much of a heavy burden for even Fumino to carry.
Hopefully they adapt the next season better, but its not like the staff will change so I don't expect much.
If anything, 5bun had a better adaptation, but that coulda been because they had an all star seiyuu lineup there.
Fumino best girl? really? Hope he does not end up with her... sorry but she is way to bland
Jun 29, 2019 11:01 AM

Oct 2017
Holy shit ! I was wondering why there was no episode focused on Fumino so far but damn what a way to finish s1. This episode Fumino was super cute af. They both looked so cute together as they hold hands in the same futon under a starry sky. Still Kirisu sensei ftw and im so happy this also got a s2 in fall. This fall is gonna be awesome with quints and bokuben s2. Looking forward to both.
Jun 29, 2019 11:01 AM

Jan 2018
dayuuuuuummmmmm, all the girls are featured. Fumino's last scene was my favourite in the manga so it was nice to see it in action. also Season 2 was already announced so yeah I'm excited!! <3 T^T
Jun 29, 2019 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
I don't know why but I never really enjoyed this show, not that it is bad but man I don't even watch that many harems shows and I knew what was going to happen almost every occasion, while 5toubun gave me hope about watching harem shows again this one reminded me why I tend to avoid them.

It's not that the girls were too cliche or something like that, they were perfectly fine but MC always has to be so fucking bland, not a "good guy" neither a "bad boy", not even that smart, he wasn't kind at all nor was paying attention at any point to the girls, at least give me a reason a dude would be surrounded by girls, heck just make him good looking for all I need.
KanameYuukiJun 29, 2019 11:09 AM
Jun 29, 2019 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
I dont understand how people rate this 8 or above, its literally average at best, it does nothing special and even the cliché stuff isnt good. That this gets a 2nd season faster than 5-toubon is completly retarded. The only good scenes are with furahashi, the rest is beyond generic.
Jun 29, 2019 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
nightcrawlercyp said:
Fumino best girl?

-Yes.
really?

-Yes.
Hope he does not end up with her

-Ok.
sorry but she is way to bland

-Ok.
Jun 29, 2019 11:10 AM
Oct 2018
Season two will be the same as this one. There isn't actually anything that seorates it from other harem.

If even 5toubun season 2 airs in the fall this one will be quickly forgotten
Jun 29, 2019 11:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good episode, very finale-unlike though I’ve to say.

Starting the episode off with Sekijo’s cameo was hilarious but those priceless smiles in awe to Yuiga’s persistence and hard work was really nice to see! And it’s festive time! Lol, Yuiga’s family is very supportive and that synchronised thumbs up was perfect! Takemoto seemed awfully nervous at first but good thing she calmed down and went on to show off her kitchen skills. Ogata’s bit was great as always and that feeding scene was rather erotic at start I’ve to say. Mafuyu-senpai with the mysterious beauty vibe lmao and those weird noises were glorious but nothing beats Asumi-senpai’s teasing, simply fab!

Second half was purely focused on Fumino and Yuiga. I’m really getting the Itsuki-vibe from Fumino (the main character vibe, that is) from her, especially this episode, and it was great to see focus on her! Hilarious how the two saved the same family though and ended missing their buses as a consequence. And of course there weren’t any taxis so off to a hotel we go lol. Siblings in bed would somehow work out without too much fuss and while that in itself is true, their mental capacity was blown out of fuse xD. Fumino seriously falls asleep way too quick though and Nariyuki totally failed by playing the nice guy. At least they’re on fine terms by the end of it all. Or so I’ll be under that impression until Fall.

As for the whole season, in general, I’ll award it a solid and well-deserved 7/10! Story-line was fairly average, nothing spectacular nor bad. Cliche after cliche but they all clicked in for me so a thoroughly fun watch over the 13 episodes. Character-wise, all the girls were cute in their own ways but Asumi-senpai and her skilful teasing takes the throne for me despite her little over all screen time.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the upcoming Season 2 later this Fall! One season away, hopefully the Production Committees and the Studios aren’t rushing it but for now I have hopes in Silver and Arvo Animation.
_MushiRock11_Jun 29, 2019 11:27 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 29, 2019 11:34 AM

Apr 2016
OMG Kirisu-sensei in yukata <3 So amazing
Definitely thee best girl from spring season <3
Can't wait for Oct for season 2
Final score 7/10 (thanks to Kirisu-sensei <3)

Jun 29, 2019 11:38 AM
Feb 2016
I was so sad this ended and now I'm in pure joy after seeing the season 2 announcement!
Jun 29, 2019 11:46 AM
May 2017
More Sensei and Fumino next season, please. And less Uruka.
Jun 29, 2019 11:51 AM

Jun 2017
I thought it would get another season but didn't think it would be in the same year lol. I think the next one will be better since the first part of this season kinda got taken up by all the character introductions.

I can't really choose between the girls, all of them have good and bad points equally. It's very rare to have a cast this balanced in harem imo. Usually I am locked to one girl only pretty early.
Jun 29, 2019 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
Fuminooooooooooo
ugh, I can't decide who's my favorite girl even when reading the mango

7/10 anime adaptation, I enjoyed it more than 5toubun anime
Jun 29, 2019 12:15 PM

Aug 2012
Vanschia said:
Fuminooooooooooo
ugh, I can't decide who's my favorite girl even when reading the mango

7/10 anime adaptation, I enjoyed it more than 5toubun anime
Can it be anyone but Uruka?
Jun 29, 2019 12:25 PM
Nov 2018
Nurguburu said:
he's better than The Quintessential Quintuplets mc in many ways
Jun 29, 2019 12:25 PM

Feb 2018
Aye that was great finally a Fumino focused episode. She's soo cute

That futon sharing was amazing lol
Can't wait for season 2, lets goo team Furuhashi
Jun 29, 2019 12:28 PM
Jan 2017
We Never Learn brings its first season to an end with yet another amazing episode. Nariyuki gets some great moments with all the ladies, but as I hoped a few weeks ago, it is Fumino who gets the spotlight. Ryota Ohsaka and Haruka Shiraishi proved to have great chemistry with this episode's climax and the character writing was as stellar as the night sky. This was a beautiful finale and I'm really happy that the show got a secodn season. We Never Learn has been one of the best shows of 2019, so far, and I really hope season 2 can double down on what made this season such a great experience.
Jun 29, 2019 12:54 PM

Aug 2015
yay that was great :D Fumino is best girl....... I think haha curse this anime for making me change fav girl all the time

Happy about S2 too, just sad he's probably not ever going to end up with someone as that rarely happens in anime like this.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jun 29, 2019 1:21 PM
Apr 2019
Fumino ftw!! She is clearly best girl after this episode
Jun 29, 2019 1:28 PM
Feb 2019
Oh wow. Wasnt expecting a season 2. Will probally watch.

My list at the moment is:

1. Furuhashi
2. Kirisu
3. Ogata
4. Kominami
4. Takemoto
Jun 29, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2018

Well there that furuhashi and Yuiga moment that everybody was hoping for.
Jun 29, 2019 2:26 PM

Nov 2018
Great episode
I honestly cant decide on who is best girl after this episode smh.
Time to move on to the manga
Jun 29, 2019 2:48 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I was never high on Fumino, but she made some major progress with Nariyuki. Now that Season 1 is over, should I start reading the manga or should I wait for season 2?

Naewanz said:
Oh wow. Wasnt expecting a season 2. Will probally watch.

My list at the moment is:

1. Furuhashi
2. Kirisu
3. Ogata
4. Kominami
4. Takemoto

I still have Kirisu-sensei at number 1 and Kominami-senpai at number 2. Furuhashi has moved up to number 3 for me.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenAug 8, 2019 11:34 AM
Jun 29, 2019 3:44 PM

Apr 2017
My ranks for Best Girls

1. Furuhashi Fumino
2. Kirisu Mafuyu
3. Kominami Asumi
4. Ogata Rizu
5. Takemoto Uruka
Jun 29, 2019 3:47 PM

Jun 2016
I prefere Uruka over the others but Fumino is too cute and funny, many of her moments made me laugh so hard. XD

Anyway all the main girls have their charms and cute or funny side of their personalities, I shipping the harem. XD
Jun 29, 2019 4:24 PM

Jan 2016
Furuhashi and stars

Never thought of it as foreshadowing but now that I think about it.

Anyways I'm really happy with the adaptation and can't wait for S2 in fall. Because they'll start animating some of the arcs

8/10 purely based of how invested I am in the characters of this show and manga
Jun 29, 2019 5:16 PM

Oct 2010
25NOVember said:
Season two will be the same as this one. There isn't actually anything that seorates it from other harem.

If even 5toubun season 2 airs in the fall this one will be quickly forgotten
Or not, cuz some of us like watching more than 1 romcom at a time

Overall nothing too special, but it was enjoyable. Great last episode for S1 cuz Fumino is best girl...and her mom is Yui Horie!

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenAug 8, 2019 11:35 AM
Jun 29, 2019 5:41 PM
Mar 2017
They saved the best for the final episode, all the girls wearing yukatas and the fun events that one can expect at a summer festival were very fun to watch.
Yuiga is increasingly aware that the girls around him are very beautiful and every time they do something cute and adorable, they skip a beat to the lucky Yuiga.

The part where Sekijou tells the girls they are lucky that Yuiga is their tutor was beautiful, to see how their faces transformed into faces full of happiness and gratitude was so precious.

Uruka being happy just because Yuiga said that she looked cute with her yukata was too precious, besides that part where Yuiga looks at her and he realizes that she looks pretty left me satisfied, the same when Uruka shows her tongue and Yuiga blushes to the maximum.
Rizu also looked very cute with her yukata, but the best part she had was when Yuiga fed her with the caramel apple, she looked like a little puppy being fed.
Mafuyu also had her moment to shine and she did not disappoint me, she looks damn beautiful in yukata, again the lucky Yuiga must carry Mafuyu on his back, but this time she is sober and she is very embarrassed (damn ... when she is blushing she is so cute), but in the scene where Yuiga must heal her knee, Yuiga is blessed with the image of Mafuyu's spectacular legs and those little cries of pain were too much for my heart, too adorable.

Fumino finally had her quality time with Yuiga, although she keeps lowering her guard each time Yuiga tells her some compliment, she does not seem uncomfortable on the contrary she looks very happy. The best part was where they stay at the hotel, both looked very adorable sharing the futon, but the most important thing is that we knew better the likes of Fumino and her interest in the stars, plus we had a slight flashback of Fumino and her mom (for what they show in the memory, I assume that she passed away), but later when we see that Yuiga holds the hand of Fumino ... damn she was so cute although the next day both could not see each other in the face of the embarrassed they were.

I do not feel sad that this anime ends now that today they announced the second season is in production and will be released in the fall season of this year, although this adaptation had a couple of events that were skipped (one of them was the visit of Fumino and Rizu to Yuiga's house), I feel that this anime resulted in a product of very good quality, each one of the girls shine for their individual charms and the chemistry of each one with Yuiga is perfect.

Bokuben got me to wait for each episode with many expectations and I was never disappointed, besides for me it was a joy to see little Rizu pouting and seeing her faces so adorable, the same with Uruka who is too beautiful when she blushes when she is next to Yuiga. Like other Mafuyu also managed to captivate me with her fun situations with Yuiga, but in the end Fumino and Asumi also managed to endear me to them.
Anyway, until October Bokuben.
Jun 29, 2019 5:55 PM
Jun 2017
As a team Fumino, i SUPER LIKE THIS FINAL EPISODE... just watch the second half of this series and you know who is the best girl for Yuiga... THAT INN SCENE AND LOOKING AT THE STARS SCENE IS SO SWEET!!!! yeah...

2nd season im ready for you..
Jun 29, 2019 6:42 PM
Oct 2018
For a couple minutes I thought they were going to give us a surprise Fumino x Nariyuki ending, which wouldn't have bothered me since I'm on Team Fumino. Too bad that didn't happen, but we get a S2.

Although I enjoyed this show, it's a fairly typical harem anime, which means that in the end probably nobody wins. But that won't stop me from watching S2. I'll give it 6/10 for now, and see what happens next.
Jun 29, 2019 7:07 PM

Nov 2018
KlinyKlinn said:
dayuuuuuummmmmm, all the girls are featured. Fumino's last scene was my favourite in the manga so it was nice to see it in action. also Season 2 was already announced so yeah I'm excited!! <3 T^T

At least Fumino saying Yuiga than usually they use Nariyuki at the ending scene.. Which Rizu and Uruka are getting more jealous to Nariyuki this upcoming next season a side Mayufu speaking Yuiga because of the teacher and a student..
Jun 29, 2019 7:22 PM

Aug 2018
This anime started as an only school show, but the love story and romance stuff completely replaced the initial heart. I am ok with a change like that since it mostly kept the comedy aspect AND I gotta admit the contenders really had a ton of qualities.

I expected a second season but not in a matter of 3/3.5 months already. Can't say it is a bad thing obviously ! I'll keep my 8/10.
Jun 29, 2019 7:36 PM

Nov 2018
Nurguburu said:

I just want to saying to you don't compare between 5 boutun and bokuben that making argument this anime... Because in 5boutun anime is S1 they just only friends between Fuutaou and the quintuplets even thought Miku like Fuutarou while Nino still investigate about Fuutarou's life.. That will cause to compete those Quintoplets to Fuutarou in upcoming S2...
Mean While in the anime bokuben, all five girls are like Nariyuki specially the accidentally kiss Rizu to Yuiga, formal date like Mayufu that cause of predicting kiss and date Uruka to Nariyuki that result to become informal relationship is S2, while Fumino and Yuiga become a first secret date in the S1. So I want to get score 7-7.5/10
Jun 29, 2019 7:48 PM

Oct 2012
This show's really grown on me so I'm very happy for a season 2. The futon scene with Fumino was really cute.
Jun 29, 2019 7:54 PM
Mar 2015
Her mother holding her hand while telling her that she would become a star That was origin of her love of the stars. It was great that she woke up and was holding his hand just as her mother did
Jun 29, 2019 8:37 PM

Dec 2014
-> Yukata Fumino, Uruka and Kirisu-sensei
-> Masked gamer sensei
-> My sensei can't possibly be this cute.
-> Fumino Onee-chan
-> All the Lights in the sky are stars (Also from Gurren Lagann episode 27 :( )
-> Starviewing
-> Handholding and sleeping

Quite possibly the best episode of the entire season right here. XD

Overall, I read a little bit of the manga when it first started publishing but I never followed it after the initial chapter. So I was mostly anime only and from that standpoint, I thought this was quite a fun show. All the girls are great and the show is honestly worth watching for Kirisu-sensei alone. XD

7/10, will look forward to second season.
Jun 29, 2019 8:42 PM

May 2013
Team Furahashi since Day 1
Jun 29, 2019 10:47 PM
Oct 2017
This is another one average harem anime but still fun to watch.
5/10 → 7/10 (+2 Points because sensei is so hot)
Jun 30, 2019 12:46 AM

May 2018
Not a bad ending for an anime that has clear continuation in hand. Looks like those two newcomer studio sniffed this hype and decide to not miss the chance.

I'm a big fans of Kirisu-sensei, but in term of fairness, I think they must give more airtime for Furuhashi next season. This season really bring Furuhashi down to just a support character. We must made those girls in a same level for fair competition.

Final score: 7/10
See you in October !
Jun 30, 2019 1:11 AM

Feb 2017
best reomcom i have in a while,
gotoubun hanayome and to love ru are far from this.

nice teaser for next season

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2019

80 by MrDomovoi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

72 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:41 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

92 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

73 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

85 by WELLERM »»
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.