Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
 
Jul 9, 2:18 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 73
laviha said:
dc22 said:
lmao @SnK fans are already this butthurt about Vinland Saga

it's gonna be a long 24 weeks for y'all


More like vinland fans are so butthurt that they make a thread like this and everyone joins to say it's better than snk and when we try to defend snk they say it's us who are butthurt lol
more like aot fanboys can't accept that there are much better series out there,same with vinland saga,nothing is perfect
 
Jul 9, 2:18 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 174
Titanslayer18 said:
Xaladin said:
Vinland stomps AOT manga wise. Seems like it will be the same for the anime. Berserk would be a closer comparison
Umm how can u say that when u even haven't read aot manga?
How do you know he hasn't read the manga? Also, let's face it, the AOT manga doesn't have the slightest chance of being better than Vinland Saga. The anime wise, AOT is much better in terms of animations and OSTs but the direction seem to be better in vinland saga but it's too early to really have a judgement over that. The best parts have yet to come.
Titanslayer18 said:
Artur_Moreira said:
But i don't compare, this is so much better that AoT ;)
Hmmm i see u gave aot season 3 p2 a score of 1. Still people hates aot for no reason i guess. Not defending or anything but it makes u how idiot u are giving a score of 1 for no reason.
Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.
 
Jul 9, 2:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 174
nanashi796 said:
laviha said:


More like vinland fans are so butthurt that they make a thread like this and everyone joins to say it's better than snk and when we try to defend snk they say it's us who are butthurt lol
more like aot fanboys can't accept that there are much better series out there,same with vinland saga,nothing is perfect
More like both shows fanbase are getting butthurt over something that they shouldn't lmao. Aren't these works created for us to enjoy and not fight as wild animals to decide who's better or not? I mean, we'll never have a winner after all.
 
Jul 9, 2:26 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 73
Ryougine said:
Titanslayer18 said:
Umm how can u say that when u even haven't read aot manga?
How do you know he hasn't read the manga? Also, let's face it, the AOT manga doesn't have the slightest chance of being better than Vinland Saga. The anime wise, AOT is much better in terms of animations and OSTs but the direction seem to be better in vinland saga but it's too early to really have a judgement over that. The best parts have yet to come.
Titanslayer18 said:
Hmmm i see u gave aot season 3 p2 a score of 1. Still people hates aot for no reason i guess. Not defending or anything but it makes u how idiot u are giving a score of 1 for no reason.
Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.
yeah if they like a series so much why they trigger so much when someone give a low score to their favorite series,they're so insecure about themselves
 
Jul 9, 2:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 174
nanashi796 said:
Ryougine said:
How do you know he hasn't read the manga? Also, let's face it, the AOT manga doesn't have the slightest chance of being better than Vinland Saga. The anime wise, AOT is much better in terms of animations and OSTs but the direction seem to be better in vinland saga but it's too early to really have a judgement over that. The best parts have yet to come.
Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.
yeah if they like a series so much why they trigger so much when someone give a low score to their favorite series,they're so insecure about themselves
Well, they wouldn't if they didn't react too much with the fanbase. They basically see someone fighting over a score that someone else gave because he or she didn't like the show for that, that and that reason, but they don't wanna accept the truth that not everybody can like "Something" you like and they try to have an argument with that person so if they win they'd feel better or something like that and others decide to follow that person's way of doing things. That's why i always appreciate negative reviews over shows and that's why we need more people like @Karhu. Yeah, he trash a lot of shows but in a lot of cases he really goes into depths of what's wrong with it.
 
Jul 9, 2:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1044
nanashi796 said:
laviha said:


More like vinland fans are so butthurt that they make a thread like this and everyone joins to say it's better than snk and when we try to defend snk they say it's us who are butthurt lol
more like aot fanboys can't accept that there are much better series out there,same with vinland saga,nothing is perfect


It's just the vinland saga fans and snk haters that saying this is better than snk. Snk fans aren't insulting vinland saga for no random reason.
 
Jul 9, 2:41 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 24
Ryougine said:
Titanslayer18 said:
Umm how can u say that when u even haven't read aot manga?
How do you know he hasn't read the manga? Also, let's face it, the AOT manga doesn't have the slightest chance of being better than Vinland Saga. The anime wise, AOT is much better in terms of animations and OSTs but the direction seem to be better in vinland saga but it's too early to really have a judgement over that. The best parts have yet to come.
Titanslayer18 said:
Hmmm i see u gave aot season 3 p2 a score of 1. Still people hates aot for no reason i guess. Not defending or anything but it makes u how idiot u are giving a score of 1 for no reason.
Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.


How can it doesnt have chance when both series still not end yet. AoT getting mature in theme, whereas vinland saga getting worse with the latest arc getting wrap up with something so shonen-like its kinda funny
 
Jul 9, 2:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 174
mizuharaaya said:
Ryougine said:
How do you know he hasn't read the manga? Also, let's face it, the AOT manga doesn't have the slightest chance of being better than Vinland Saga. The anime wise, AOT is much better in terms of animations and OSTs but the direction seem to be better in vinland saga but it's too early to really have a judgement over that. The best parts have yet to come.
Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.


How can it doesnt have chance when both series still not end yet. AoT getting mature in theme, whereas vinland saga getting worse with the latest arc getting wrap up with something so shonen-like its kinda funny
I haven't gotten thus far to really know what's really happening in there, but to what i've read "Vinland Saga" is much mature and the art and the direction of panels are much better in "Vinland Saga". Not saying the art in "AOT" is bad, it's just inferior.
 
Jul 9, 2:53 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 73
mizuharaaya said:
Ryougine said:
How do you know he hasn't read the manga? Also, let's face it, the AOT manga doesn't have the slightest chance of being better than Vinland Saga. The anime wise, AOT is much better in terms of animations and OSTs but the direction seem to be better in vinland saga but it's too early to really have a judgement over that. The best parts have yet to come.
Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.


How can it doesnt have chance when both series still not end yet. AoT getting mature in theme, whereas vinland saga getting worse with the latest arc getting wrap up with something so shonen-like its kinda funny
it's not shounen like it's more adventure,garm is just a parallelism to teen thorfinn,the themes are always the same,and snk is not mature as vinland,and the last arc has some of the best chapters of all the manga
Modified by nanashi796, Jul 9, 2:59 AM
 
Jul 9, 3:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 8
it's not just the animation, both have a similar feeling. of course the setting of the stories are completely different but people will compare, no need to get offended about that.
 
Jul 9, 4:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 259
This Thread in a nutshell :

Vinland 'fans' : Vinland is better than AOT. And don't compare them.

AOT 'Haters' : AOT is shit anyway, Can't compare to vinland, and bla bla bla (Talk shit about AOT)

AOT 'Fans' : TRIGGERED!!!
 
Jul 9, 6:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 301
I love how some elitistic pricks feel their intellect and opinions are so superior that they can dictate how others even speak of a series. Everyone must adhere to your narrow conception of a "comparison", it seems. Apparently we can only compare shows when they cross a certain threshold of similarity.

Seems us peasants are not allowed to refer to how both series are relatively serious action series set in pretty grim worlds/times. No one can apparently refer that a core theme in both shows is freedom, and chasing a perceived decenct lifestyle for everyone within a civilization. Only ignorants shall comment on the similar amounts of comedy, similar aspects in art and presentation. Only morons shall remark upon the fact that both series are more violent and dark (dark in terms of themes and in terms of ambiguity in presentation) than most anime shows airing these years.

Seems there is a superior class within the fandom that should possess a monopoly on defining what is acceptable when talking about shows.
Modified by kurosaki_kabuto, Jul 9, 6:37 AM
 
Jul 9, 6:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 250
Ryougine said:
mizuharaaya said:


How can it doesnt have chance when both series still not end yet. AoT getting mature in theme, whereas vinland saga getting worse with the latest arc getting wrap up with something so shonen-like its kinda funny
I haven't gotten thus far to really know what's really happening in there, but to what i've read "Vinland Saga" is much mature and the art and the direction of panels are much better in "Vinland Saga". Not saying the art in "AOT" is bad, it's just inferior.


Art doesn't mean shit. I can't say about vinland but Marley arc, specifically chapter 100 of snk is one of the best things to ever come.
 
Jul 9, 6:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 174
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Ryougine said:
I haven't gotten thus far to really know what's really happening in there, but to what i've read "Vinland Saga" is much mature and the art and the direction of panels are much better in "Vinland Saga". Not saying the art in "AOT" is bad, it's just inferior.


Art doesn't mean shit. I can't say about vinland but Marley arc, specifically chapter 100 of snk is one of the best things to ever come.
Art Matters. If the art is bad, the show's quality and its score by the consumer won't be the same as if the art was good. "Vinland Saga" surpasses AOT starting from the first chapter.
 
Jul 9, 6:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 77
nanashi796 said:
mizuharaaya said:


How can it doesnt have chance when both series still not end yet. AoT getting mature in theme, whereas vinland saga getting worse with the latest arc getting wrap up with something so shonen-like its kinda funny
it's not shounen like it's more adventure,garm is just a parallelism to teen thorfinn,the themes are always the same,and snk is not mature as vinland,and the last arc has some of the best chapters of all the manga
"Snk isn't mature as vinland saga" well no. Snk is has also matured pretty well and the author is a madman like seriously he can forshadow things and i like how he first introduced to us to this series as cliche shonen but now its pretty much more like seinen. Also it seems u have read the latest chapter of aot and i think your opinion hasn't changed yet
 
Jul 9, 6:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 77
Ryougine said:
Titanslayer18 said:
Umm how can u say that when u even haven't read aot manga?
How do you know he hasn't read the manga? Also, let's face it, the AOT manga doesn't have the slightest chance of being better than Vinland Saga. The anime wise, AOT is much better in terms of animations and OSTs but the direction seem to be better in vinland saga but it's too early to really have a judgement over that. The best parts have yet to come.
Titanslayer18 said:
Hmmm i see u gave aot season 3 p2 a score of 1. Still people hates aot for no reason i guess. Not defending or anything but it makes u how idiot u are giving a score of 1 for no reason.
Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.
Can i ask u something? have u read aot manga? i'm sure that aot manga got uphill at first it was just average but now in terms of story and characters it got way better. I still love vinland too but its not on a whole new level anymore tbh. And i'm not saying people should give aot 10/10 i was just saying that blindly giving a score of 1 because its popular is not right. Aot or any other good anime/manga series doesn't deserve 1/10
 
Jul 9, 6:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10203
@Ryougine

Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.


A 1/10 is 99% time use for hate/downvoting a series, even if a person try to be as objective as possible, they would never justify that score.

I'm sure if I gave vinland saga a score of 1/10 you would quickly assume I am doing it out of hate or would you be defending me that I legitly feel its a 1/10?
 
Jul 9, 7:09 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 77
@nanashi796
For u there might be much better series than aot. I agree, nothing is perfect but if an person enjoys Aot, u don't need to always say that is better than this. Hell some may like boku no pico too its their opinion
Modified by Titanslayer18, Jul 9, 7:14 AM
 
Jul 9, 7:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 174
keragamming said:
@Ryougine

Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.


A 1/10 is 99% time use for hate/downvoting a series, even if a person try to be as objective as possible, they would never justify that score.

I'm sure if I gave vinland saga a score of 1/10 you would quickly assume I am doing it out of hate or would you be defending me that I legitly feel its a 1/10?
How'd you know they downvoting or upvoting it? I'll tell you, It's impossibile to know it, no matter what you do. There are a lot of people out there. Way too many of them, that may have watched it and hated for some reason in particular they know but fans, people who liked it consider them as "Haters" because of the low score they added, in many cases in a new account. You can't know, that's just assumption.

I wouldn't, as i don't care about the score. I'm one of a few people out there that never cared about scores and for sure i'm not gonna start now caring about them. I stopped rating anime i watch already and my only objective is to complete some sequels, and there are a lot and in time to time watching some new anime and try to enjoy it.
 
Jul 9, 7:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2019
Posts: 174
Titanslayer18 said:
Ryougine said:
How do you know he hasn't read the manga? Also, let's face it, the AOT manga doesn't have the slightest chance of being better than Vinland Saga. The anime wise, AOT is much better in terms of animations and OSTs but the direction seem to be better in vinland saga but it's too early to really have a judgement over that. The best parts have yet to come.
Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.
Can i ask u something? have u read aot manga? i'm sure that aot manga got uphill at first it was just average but now in terms of story and characters it got way better. I still love vinland too but its not on a whole new level anymore tbh. And i'm not saying people should give aot 10/10 i was just saying that blindly giving a score of 1 because its popular is not right. Aot or any other good anime/manga series doesn't deserve 1/10
It seems you don't understand it. People who rate it with low score doesn't mean they didn't like the story or because the characters became shitty or something like that, there are tons of other reasons to drop and rate it with a low score and move one on watching something else. Maybe a favorite character of his or her died and he or she didn't like it and there it comes the low score, etc. Yes, i've read it from chapter 77 to 90. I mostly watched the anime for most parts, in fact i've watched almost everything AOT anime related besides the recaps and yet the art in vinland saga is better. The direction is better too.
Modified by Ryougine, Jul 9, 7:20 AM
 
Jul 9, 7:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 77
Ryougine said:
Titanslayer18 said:
Can i ask u something? have u read aot manga? i'm sure that aot manga got uphill at first it was just average but now in terms of story and characters it got way better. I still love vinland too but its not on a whole new level anymore tbh. And i'm not saying people should give aot 10/10 i was just saying that blindly giving a score of 1 because its popular is not right. Aot or any other good anime/manga series doesn't deserve 1/10
It seems you don't understand it. People who rate it with low score doesn't mean they didn't like the story, there are tons of other reason to drop and rate it with a low score and move one on watching something else. Maybe a favorite character of his or her died and he or she didn't like it and there it comes the low score, etc. Yes, i've read it from chapter 77 to 90. I mostly watched the anime for most parts, in fact i've watched almost everything AOT anime related besides the recaps.
I get that but there are some people who just rate 1 cause it gets praise and popularity and that's just not right. 5 or 6/10 is understandable but 1/10 means its just disgrace to the author of the series. And i suggest u to read aot upto 119 if u wanna enjoy and don't care about the scores
 
Jul 9, 7:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10203
Ryougine said:
keragamming said:
@Ryougine

Ah yes, I always forget that people become sensitive when someone rate "Their" favorite shows with a low score, as if everyone should like it in the first place.


A 1/10 is 99% time use for hate/downvoting a series, even if a person try to be as objective as possible, they would never justify that score.

I'm sure if I gave vinland saga a score of 1/10 you would quickly assume I am doing it out of hate or would you be defending me that I legitly feel its a 1/10?
How'd you know they downvoting or upvoting it? I'll tell you, It's impossibile to know it, no matter what you do. There are a lot of people out there. Way too many of them, that may have watched it and hated for some reason in particular they know but fans, people who liked it consider them as "Haters" because of the low score they added, in many cases in a new account. You can't know, that's just assumption.

I wouldn't, as i don't care about the score. I'm one of a few people out there that never cared about scores and for sure i'm not gonna start now caring about them. I stopped rating anime i watch already and my only objective is to complete some sequels, and there are a lot and in time to time watching some new anime and try to enjoy it.


Well, there you go, you don't care about the score, thus your understanding of it is lacking. Let me inform you since you have just recently joined this website, the incentive for giving a series you don't like a 1/10 is for bringing down the score of the series, snk currently sits in second and a lot of persons don't think it deserve that spot so persons will give it 1/10 votes and create bot account to down vote it and yes snk fans also do the same.

Point I'm making here is that not because you don't care about the score, that doesn't mean it is the case for everyone else, and you can continue to play ignorant in what is going on in this website.

Modified by keragamming, Jul 9, 7:26 AM
 
Jul 9, 7:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1252
Titanslayer18 said:
Miragee said:


Subjective opinions don't exist, it's all objective. Get a clue.
U are wrong. It's all about different opinions dude nothing is objectively better in this world. Someone can dislike berserk manga its not like its rated #1 in the MAL so everyone loves it. Even someone can like the worst manga/anime ever made. As i said, vinland and AoT are great in their own way.


I did not expect a "serious" answer to a post like that but ok. I wasn't serious. However, I would like to add that, while nothing is 100% objective, there are objective metrics that can be used. Also, you are allowed to enjoy something that is objectively shit. I don't know why people always try to argue that stuff they like is not shit only because they like it.
 
Jul 9, 10:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 743
MonkeyDJasper said:
TolkienFan365 said:


What do you mean that isn't how it works? I never said I was talking about the popularity of it just in the West or NA. What matters still is how stuff does in Japan at the end of the day. Kingdom as an anime didn't translate well because the anime adaption looked terrible. Popularity is more determined by anime in the West whereas in Japan manga and printed comics in general are more widely consumed.

You don't really have any evidence that it won't be around the same level of popularity. We aren't talking about big hits in Jump or Kodansha. Fire Force I actually was kinda surprised that it got an anime adaption because it's sales weren't that great. I hope for its sake the anime adaption which Dave Pro is putting a lot of heart in does lead to it becoming bigger but we will have to see.

Also again genre popularity JoJo has parts that are in a historic setting. JoJo is probably one of the most popular action shonen titles out there. Also there have been quite a few seinens that have been extremely popular One Punch Man, Ghost in the Shell and Tokyo Ghoul for instance. Again I am not saying Vinland will ever approach those levels of popularity and I will agree most action shonen tend to have more mainstream appeal but to just say a seinen title usually don't reach mainstream status is wrong.

Also to clarify I don't think Vinland is going to be a massive hit but at the same time I don't think Stone or Fire Force will be either. Fire Force who knows might if Dave Pro can maintain production and considering reports they are on a very good schedule (as is Vinland) but I don't see why it will be big when Kimetsu sold better and while popular isn't even close to MHA. It will be fairly popular series but won't be the mega giant that anime like MHA or AOT are.

Popularity doesn't really matter that much to me that isn't indicative of a quality series I am just looking at the sales date for the manga which tends to be usually correct in how popular this stuff ends up being more often than naught.

you’re confusing setting with genre . You can have historical aspects to your story while not being a historical story . Vinland genre is literally historical which isn’t popular . I’m hoping it gets super popular because I genuinely want all shows that deserve greatness to succeed but I don’t see it getting more popular than fire force or dr stone this season . Hell even with all the advertisement that dr stone was getting and being a more popular manga with more sales , fire force is still catching up to it in popularity on mal with users watching it . Fire force was just at 40,000 a couple of days ago and now it’s at 100k , who knows fire force might be the most popular anime this season and pass dr stone . I will say tho that out of those 3 series , I did think that fire force and Vinland had better 1st episodes than dr stone because stone didn’t have that great animation , storyboard or direction . It kinda just felt like I was watching the actual manga panels just animated with no artistic flair .


What makes a setting different than a genre? What makes JoJo Part 2 actually that different than Vinland? Is it the fact it has supernatural aspects? So any story that incorporates things like that wouldn't be historical at all? I mean while Vinland is grounded it's not totally accurate to history and has its share of exaggerated scenes.

As for Fire Force the gap between it and Vinland is about the same around 14-16,000 on MAL granted as more episodes of these shows come out maybe there will be a bigger gap but at the moment its not anything significant and Vinland has kept up with Fire Force which is pretty good since it has a worse streaming platform for popularity and promotion. Dr Stone's popularity has been surprising I will say. Honestly again I don't really care what ends up being more popular. Sure I want Vinland to do well because I would love to see the next arc adapted and I want the manga to gain sales but I could care less if tons of action shonen end up being vastly more popular. I just think Vinland will keep up with those other two due to them not being really major hits like MHA that is all. There are quite a few titles I really like that aren't really popular in the anime community as a whole. To me popularity only matters in the sense that more popularity = more content. I could care less which is more popular.

Also looking at the rest of the thread good to know the anime community hasn't graduated from the my series is better than yours.
Modified by TolkienFan365, Jul 9, 10:17 AM
 
Jul 9, 10:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 103
Ryougine said:
the AOT manga doesn't have the slightest chance of being better than Vinland Saga.


For some AOT manga is better, for others vinland is better, it's just an opinion not a universal fact as you seem to think.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jul 9, 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 159
WaterCooler said:
I only watched the first episode, I think it's better than FMAB already.


Lol nah, it's being very well animated and all but I doubt it'll surpass FMAB, only berserk/vagabond proper adaptation have a chance of doing that, and even then, FMAB is a complete show in all sense of the word complete, and lastly they would most likely (just like vinland) be done in seasons rather than continuous so no way it can surpass it.
 
Jul 9, 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 182
Imagine liking either
 
Jul 9, 11:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 74
Vinland, Berserk and Vagabond are stories based on the evolution of the protagonist throughout their lives, they are epic stories in the epic sense such as the iliad and the Odyssey, the psychology of these protagonist is much more developed (directly and indirectly) than shonen as AOT and HxH or FMA, no one says that the first is better than the second but as much as a shonen can deal with mature issues their audience remains that of adolescents.
Vinland, Berserk and Vagabond are blamed for having become less hard, more "shonen" is the prime example of not having understood the meaning and the path of those characters. And this is where the difference between boys and adults appears, mature characters are needed for adults
 
Jul 9, 12:04 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 73
sad that no one is talking about historie that it's excellent too,another manga that will never end like berserk.
 
Jul 9, 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 229
Darklycan51 said:
WaterCooler said:
I only watched the first episode, I think it's better than FMAB already.


Lol nah, it's being very well animated and all but I doubt it'll surpass FMAB, only berserk/vagabond proper adaptation have a chance of doing that, and even then, FMAB is a complete show in all sense of the word complete, and lastly they would most likely (just like vinland) be done in seasons rather than continuous so no way it can surpass it.


Who are you kidding ? As if FMA could ever reach the level of a great seinen like Vinland Saga.
 
Jul 9, 1:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 12
This thread is getting cancerous from both sides.
Funny thing is that, the comparisons started since the first trailers. People called Vinland AOTY already. (What actually didn't suprise me,since Vinland is great and I really want it to be more recognizeable) then anime watchers started asking if it's good as SNK. Where Manga readwrs responded that Vinland is better in overall. Then the war started.
It still continues.
 
Jul 9, 3:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 295
I mean its just the characters/art look like aot bc of the studio.


"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
 
Jul 9, 3:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 352
only two things are comparable so far; The similar art due to both being animated by WIT studio, and their quality. Easy 10/10 so far.
 
Jul 9, 3:34 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 3947
Telmi said:
Imagine liking either


Imagine failing at baiting this hard.
 
Jul 9, 10:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 159
Whayle said:
Darklycan51 said:


Lol nah, it's being very well animated and all but I doubt it'll surpass FMAB, only berserk/vagabond proper adaptation have a chance of doing that, and even then, FMAB is a complete show in all sense of the word complete, and lastly they would most likely (just like vinland) be done in seasons rather than continuous so no way it can surpass it.


Who are you kidding ? As if FMA could ever reach the level of a great seinen like Vinland Saga.


Ratings of an anime aren't purely based on a manga's story or genre, just so you know. Based on that any of the crappy Berserk adaptations would be on the top right now.
 
Jul 10, 2:48 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 381
To people who say that Vinland Saga won't be as popular as other anime:

IT'S ABOUT VIKINGS BRUH! Who doesn't love that shit?!?
 
Jul 10, 2:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 93
Thorf said:
only two things are comparable so far; The similar art due to both being animated by WIT studio, and their quality. Easy 10/10 so far.


In S3 of aot they made the anime characters look like almost 100% as they are in the manga. So maybe the manga artists have similar drawing style. Just a tip, I don't know Vinland saga's manga.
Merciful lies or painful truth?
 
Jul 10, 3:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 158
A lot of people said it won't become so popular because it is a history anime. Bruh, Steins Gate focus on sci-fi, yet it's really popular (and that's the fact, weather you like it or not). It's not about the genre. If the anime is good, whatever the genre is, it will attract people into it. Well, yes, action shonen or maybe isekai might be popular at first, but if they're bad, people are just going to drop them. One of the example is Kenja No Mago
 
Jul 10, 7:07 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 93
[quote=mohrip]A lot of people said it won't become so popular because it is a history anime. Bruh, Steins Gate focus on sci-fi, yet it's really popular (and that's the fact, weather you like it or not). It's not about the genre. If the anime is good, whatever the genre is, it will attract people into it. Well, yes, action shonen or maybe isekai might be popular at first, but if they're bad, people are just going to drop them. One of the example is Kenja No Mago[/quote
mohrip said:
A lot of people said it won't become so popular because it is a history anime. Bruh, Steins Gate focus on sci-fi, yet it's really popular (and that's the fact, weather you like it or not). It's not about the genre. If the anime is good, whatever the genre is, it will attract people into it. Well, yes, action shonen or maybe isekai might be popular at first, but if they're bad, people are just going to drop them. One of the example is Kenja No Mago


That's true and no problem with it. Maybe popular genres make it easier to catch the chance to succes but in the other hand it can be a harder way because overused cliches and characters easily makes new titles boring and unenjoyable.
Merciful lies or painful truth?
 
Jul 10, 7:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10203
thekillfra said:
Vinland, Berserk and Vagabond are stories based on the evolution of the protagonist throughout their lives, they are epic stories in the epic sense such as the iliad and the Odyssey, the psychology of these protagonist is much more developed (directly and indirectly) than shonen as AOT and HxH or FMA, no one says that the first is better than the second but as much as a shonen can deal with mature issues their audience remains that of adolescents.
Vinland, Berserk and Vagabond are blamed for having become less hard, more "shonen" is the prime example of not having understood the meaning and the path of those characters. And this is where the difference between boys and adults appears, mature characters are needed for adults


Same shit like snk, what is your point? You guys are so annoying with using shounen tag as an insult this is ridiculous. Thinking that because a series is published in a shounen magazine that it can't be mature.

fyi vinland saga was publish in a shounen magazine but then move to a seinen magazine, if an author feels like it, he or she can switch, so if snk, hxh or fma switch magazine will accept them for being mature just because of the magazine they are in?
 
Jul 10, 9:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 74
keragamming said:


Same shit like snk, what is your point? You guys are so annoying with using shounen tag as an insult this is ridiculous. Thinking that because a series is published in a shounen magazine that it can't be mature.

fyi vinland saga was publish in a shounen magazine but then move to a seinen magazine, if an author feels like it, he or she can switch, so if snk, hxh or fma switch magazine will accept them for being mature just because of the magazine they are in?


the story of AOT is more choral, the same goes for HxH and FMA, I said that stories like Vinland or Berserk focus much more on the protagonist and consequently they have a more complex psychology even for a matter of time.
When you refer to the beginning of Vinland you are right, in fact it is very "Shonen" and you can see the change of tone from the change of magazine, even Berserk at the beginning is very "Shonen" with gore, in fact Miura had proposed Berserk to a Shonen magazine that refused.
 
Jul 10, 9:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10203
thekillfra said:
keragamming said:


Same shit like snk, what is your point? You guys are so annoying with using shounen tag as an insult this is ridiculous. Thinking that because a series is published in a shounen magazine that it can't be mature.

fyi vinland saga was publish in a shounen magazine but then move to a seinen magazine, if an author feels like it, he or she can switch, so if snk, hxh or fma switch magazine will accept them for being mature just because of the magazine they are in?


the story of AOT is more choral, the same goes for HxH and FMA, I said that stories like Vinland or Berserk focus much more on the protagonist and consequently they have a more complex psychology even for a matter of time.
When you refer to the beginning of Vinland you are right, in fact it is very "Shonen" and you can see the change of tone from the change of magazine, even Berserk at the beginning is very "Shonen" with gore, in fact Miura had proposed Berserk to a Shonen magazine that refused.


Attack on titan has also a change of tone as well, if you continue pass where snk season 3 part 2 left off of, but the mangaka didn't decide to make a change of magazine because of that. Because shonen isn't a genre, fyi the average age of persons in japan that buys the snk volumes is 21 and above and this was brought to light back in 2015, stop this shonen/seinen nonscience.

Take a look at these mature seinen series,

https://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/42/Seinen Point is, you can find mature series in seinen and shounen magazine, yes you will have a higher chance to find mature series in a seinen magazine than a shonen magazine, but being in a shonen magazine doesn't limit the author ambition at all.
 
Jul 10, 5:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 24
thekillfra said:
keragamming said:


Same shit like snk, what is your point? You guys are so annoying with using shounen tag as an insult this is ridiculous. Thinking that because a series is published in a shounen magazine that it can't be mature.

fyi vinland saga was publish in a shounen magazine but then move to a seinen magazine, if an author feels like it, he or she can switch, so if snk, hxh or fma switch magazine will accept them for being mature just because of the magazine they are in?


the story of AOT is more choral, the same goes for HxH and FMA, I said that stories like Vinland or Berserk focus much more on the protagonist and consequently they have a more complex psychology even for a matter of time.
When you refer to the beginning of Vinland you are right, in fact it is very "Shonen" and you can see the change of tone from the change of magazine, even Berserk at the beginning is very "Shonen" with gore, in fact Miura had proposed Berserk to a Shonen magazine that refused.


No wonder vinland saga first 20 chapters or so are bland
 
Jul 10, 7:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2014
Tsarko said:
Idk why people see "Wit Studio" and automatically assume it's going to be like Attack on Titan.
That's because the show they made in-between Attack on Titan was Kabneri. That was literally AOT with running zombies.
Studio Trigger is like that food you always want but hate when it is sold out in the stores. That's how good Studio Trigger is.
 
Jul 11, 7:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 719
thekillfra said:
Vinland, Berserk and Vagabond are stories based on the evolution of the protagonist throughout their lives, they are epic stories in the epic sense such as the iliad and the Odyssey, the psychology of these protagonist is much more developed (directly and indirectly) than shonen as AOT and HxH or FMA, no one says that the first is better than the second but as much as a shonen can deal with mature issues their audience remains that of adolescents.
Vinland, Berserk and Vagabond are blamed for having become less hard, more "shonen" is the prime example of not having understood the meaning and the path of those characters. And this is where the difference between boys and adults appears, mature characters are needed for adults


+1

Couldn't agree more
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
 
Jul 11, 7:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 52
and there is me who gets hyped when people say VS is better than AOT,because i get the feeling that i'm about to experience something crazy.
 
Jul 11, 8:16 AM

Online
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 3694
Honestly I don't see any similarities. I guess it's natural for people to compare them though, because the studios are the same.
 
Jul 11, 8:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
Why everybody in seinen manga community is talking mainly about Berserk Vagabond, Vinland Saga and Kingdom, but everybody seems to forget about the real genius that is Naoki Urasawa and his two masterpiece manga: Monster and 20th Century Boys- give this mangaka a credit that he deserves. Urasawa is among the best seinen mangakas. And why nobody is mentioning Legend of the Galactic Heroes- writing wise it beats Berserk,Vagabond and Vinland Saga preety easily. It's even better than Monster in my opinion. Based on the seinens i read/watched I would rank them like that:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes>Monster>20th century boys=Berserk>Vagabond>Vinland Saga> Kingdom
 
Jul 11, 9:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 74
Fuji-O said:
Why everybody in seinen manga community is talking mainly about Berserk Vagabond, Vinland Saga and Kingdom, but everybody seems to forget about the real genius that is Naoki Urasawa and his two masterpiece manga: Monster and 20th Century Boys- give this mangaka a credit that he deserves. Urasawa is among the best seinen mangakas. And why nobody is mentioning Legend of the Galactic Heroes- writing wise it beats Berserk,Vagabond and Vinland Saga preety easily. It's even better than Monster in my opinion. Based on the seinens i read/watched I would rank them like that:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes>Monster>20th century boys=Berserk>Vagabond>Vinland Saga> Kingdom


because these are not of the same genre, historical / medieval-fantasy / action, but you are right it is full of different genres
 
Jul 11, 12:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 73
Can anyone inform a mod and make him/her somehow delete or stop this cancer thread?

Both manga are different things deals with different aspects. What's more VS' genres are very different from AOT's. People seems to forgetting the fact that in internet trying to force someone to accept your "opinion" is pointless. Yes you may bring lot of points and argue based on them but at the end still those are your opinion. Go watch whatever you like and evaluate without being biased and stop wasting time on bs topics like this. Ffs.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

Preview MangaManga Store