Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Paradise Kiss Episode 12 Discussion

Jun 29, 2016 5:38 PM
Seriously fuck this ending.

Aug 6, 2016 10:46 PM
Dinamet7 said:
Ok - until I was able to confirm that the person she married was actually Tokumori I was kind of depressed a bit. I liked George x Yukari and I would have been super stoked to find that the two of them got back together after his time in Paris and she became his muse.

BUT - I also really liked Tokumori and when the majority of George's actions would end up being totally self serving, Tokumori's interactions with Yukari were always about making sure she was being true to herself. Finding out that Yukari ended up with Tokumori made me like this ending 100x more than if she ended up with some random dude.

Anyone know if the manga fills in the "Ten Years" gap? Or does it skip to the end like the anime?

Wait, so she married Hiroyuki?
I thought she married George's father! (because of the pictures and the creepy comment on George and his father's conversation) haha

I also thought she was pregnant, because of the faint on the fashion show celebration, and she wishing to have "anything from him" to remember.

Well, i'm happier now. (:

Aug 23, 2016 6:40 AM
That was a much better ending that I was expecting. From all her accomplishments on the wall, it seems a lot of time passed. I really wanted to see more of that future.

Feb 10, 2017 5:27 AM

I get mixed feelings when it comes to this series. I've been really excited to watch for a long time but now that I have finished, it's not really what I expected, in a way. Don't get me wrong, I did like it. After all, a mature romance with no childish drama is always a pleasant experience in anime. But, I felt like Yukari aka Caroline deserved much more from George, even if the decision they took at the end was the right one. I need to admit that I liked Tokumori more, and he deserved his place by Yukari's side more than George did.
But that's not the point, I enjoyed George and Yukari's relationship and how they reached all the stages of love together despite the struggles.

The finale was a bit sad, as I said, I wish George could have done something more for the sake of Yukari. Too bad it wasn't that way.

Other than that, I loved all the design and modeling concepts. How they formed deep friendship bonds, how Yukari could make it as a model and make her mom proud, and how every character had its own background story. My favorite character was Miwako, definitely. I thought her relationship with Arashi was cute until he mentioned the rape thing. That's not cool man... Nonetheless, during the whole length they were a steady couple so it was nice to see.
Isabella's background was so interesting to watch as well. Amazingly distinguished woman. George did good when they were kids.

Anyway, Paradise Kiss was a nice ride, but it didn't impress me how I thought it would do. I felt disatisfied at the end, but not everything in life it's supposed to go how you want it to, right?
Modified by mirana, Jul 19, 2017 11:41 AM

Feb 13, 2017 9:34 AM
Firemonkey5 said:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

I love you.
Yeah HnC is like that too, though HnC is more ruthless in its depiction of letting go and growing up.

Jul 18, 2017 12:25 AM

While I think the ending is very refreshing and overall fits this show well (since we see endings like this so rarely), I feel this episode, especially the ending, was really rushed.

Regardless, I enjoyed this show for the most part. George was irritating at some points (especially with the whole back and forth of his personality at points), but I really enjoyed the relationship between Miwako and Arashi. It was really sweet :) The wait for the dress was totally worth it as well. It was absolutely beautiful! (I really wanna draw it now .3.).

Overall I would give this series a 7/10. I'm gonna read the manga at some point to see if it goes further than the anime (hopefully it has less confusion regarding the ending).

Sep 26, 2017 5:35 PM

I understand how this may be upsetting to some people, but to me I enjoy the raw realness Yazawa creates in all her work.
If you are a bit confused I suggest reading the last few pages of the manga. She marries Hiroyuki.
You never really get over your first love, and can't make them stay. This is what this show is about: learning, growing up and knowing when to let go.
It was truly for the best that George and Yukari were not together, but at least they have precious memories they can both share, and Yukari has dresses that George made to cherish for a lifetime.
9/10 for me. I was considering giving it less, but the more I thought about the ending, I realized that it could have never been more fitting! Loved this <3

Dec 14, 2017 6:44 PM
Well, it was really good. Ending is quite realistic - although is manga it gives us a few more details. I thinks, everything happened in the best possible way.

Nov 18, 2018 5:23 PM

I love to hate to love this ending. It's so bitter yet so realistic and this anime is along with Aoi Hana and Scum's Wish the best SOL-romance I came across. 9-10/10 to me.

It's the same author as the praised Nana, isn't it? I must watch it one day as well.

Apr 7, 10:33 AM

As much as I enjoyed watching the ‘fairy tale’ part of Paradise Kiss, I appreciate the reality and change that was shown more towards the end of the anime.

Yukari wanted to chase her dreams of becoming a model and I liked that she faced her parents and finished school, dealing with reality. Although somewhat disappointed, I’m satisfied knowing she married Tokumori, a more realistic and happier partner for her in the long run.
I think Tokumori is the more practical and better choice for her; he deeply cares about her and he would never do anything to hurt her, whereas George is the more idealistic choice but realistically wouldn’t be the man to support Yukari if they were to have a family. When she’s around him she feels insecure and at the mercy of his whims.

A bittersweet anime.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]