Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: One Piece Chapter 947 Discussion

Jun 27, 10:21 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
About time Big Mom regained her memories tbh. Queen is also turning out to be more cunning than I had thought. Time for Luffy to kick some real ass again.

Btw, chapter is on Imgur. Jaimini Box is temp down but they uploaded it on their Discord.

Jun 27, 10:37 PM

Luffy and Hyou got sent flying lol

Big Mom regained her memories and falling asleep immediately afterwards was random.

Jun 27, 11:06 PM

Someone mentioned in the previous discussion thread the trick Luffy used was firstly seen by Rayleigh to break Camie's collar. Props to them for remembering this. Anyway, I'm surprised how Big Mom regained her memories so soon but I don't get why she fell asleep immediately afterwards.
Modified by MonkeyDHunter, Jun 27, 11:10 PM

Jun 27, 11:11 PM

Cool, Big Mom is a joke again, sigh...

Jun 27, 11:49 PM
i wonder what big mom's next interaction with the people of the leftovers town would be like.....
super awkward silence......

Jun 28, 12:14 AM

Lol, GOD, Queen your the luckiest SOB ive ever seen in a while.

Now dump that fat hag into the ocean and BAM, no more Big Mom.

Jun 28, 12:24 AM

All i got to say THANK GOD BIG MOM REGAINED HER MEMORIES. This whole amnesia thing was just a horribly executed plot device that really wasn't needed and it just gave oda an excuse to dumb down big mom even more. I REALLY hope we get to see massive final battle clash with Big mom at her prime cause god damn it has been forever since we have seen that. The whole Big mom escape sequence was like a handicap placed upon the yonko so the straw hats could escape. But enough is enough, stop shitting on big mom. Lets really see her worthiness as a yonko please ODA!!

I honestly imagine her taking control of some major large scale homies and infusing her self with very strong elemental magic and perhaps even use an army at her disposal. Make us feel like what we seen in Whole cake island, was but merely a prelude to what she is capable of as a yonko. Come on oda, you can do it! Don't let us down!!
Modified by link9us, Jun 28, 12:28 AM

Jun 28, 12:50 AM

that was anticlimatic IMHO. but oh well, better than anymore dragged.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Jun 28, 1:12 AM

Finally a proper explanation for this weird form of Haki, I can't help but tie it up with how Whitebeard used his devil fruit at times, for example when he messed up that Giant's head and with how he also delivered a critical hit on Blackbeard.
I still find it odd how several people use it differently. It probably has both an Offense and Defense mode as well.

We get to see yet again how strong a Yonko really is, you'd think that Luffy got the hang of it, nope, straight into the wall is all you get. I can't wait until she arrives in Onigashima and then gets to interact with Kaido. A lot of lore will be exploited, I can't wait.

Jun 28, 1:42 AM
I'm glad Big Mom is away for now, sigh. I guess it's time for Luffy to takeover.

Jun 28, 2:21 AM

So even Big Mom's or Kaido's extremely tough skin would be no match for this super advanced form of haki, nice. And finally we can write off the discussions regarding why armament wasn't black pre-timeskip. It may have been obvious for a few weeks, but now it's more than safe.

Just too bad that Luffy's test dummy was captured by Queen. You see, Luffy is not the one who has claimed the luck for himself. I smell an alliance with the Big Mom pirates now fingers crossed I also wouldn't mind them doing their own thing.

Also interesting that Big Mom regained her memories and based on her reaction it seems like her "evil" side is dominating.

Then I wonder who that prisoner in the ironworks is. His appearance doesn't mach with the silhouette of Denjiro. So he's most likely a yakuza.

Well, we'll see, Luffy is about to free everyone now :D
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jun 28, 2:36 AM

Raging-Man said:
Cool, Big Mom is a joke again, sigh...

She was never a joke and this chapter doesn't change that.

Anyways, a little underwhelmed that this subplot with O-Lin finished already, I guess it's better than worrying about her being an ally vs Kaido. I hope the backstory with Rox is shown once they interact.

It looks like the advanced Haki can damage Kaido, but will it be enough? Plans in OP are never straightforward as they seem.

Jun 28, 3:13 AM

Eoussama said:
Finally a proper explanation for this weird form of Haki, I can't help but tie it up with how Whitebeard used his devil fruit at times, for example when he messed up that Giant's head and with how he also delivered a critical hit on Blackbeard.
I still find it odd how several people use it differently. It probably has both an Offense and Defense mode as well.

We get to see yet again how strong a Yonko really is, you'd think that Luffy got the hang of it, nope, straight into the wall is all you get. I can't wait until she arrives in Onigashima and then gets to interact with Kaido. A lot of lore will be exploited, I can't wait.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wumsLUw9FLc

Jump to 1:25, did Sabo use it?

Jun 28, 3:41 AM

SuperRed said:
Eoussama said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wumsLUw9FLc

Jump to 1:25, did Sabo use it?

Wow, that was actually a better example than I provided, I'm pretty sure that's probably what Luffy did to Hyou's brace.

Jun 28, 4:01 AM

MonkeyDHunter said:
Someone mentioned in the previous discussion thread the trick Luffy used was firstly seen by Rayleigh to break Camie's collar. Props to them for remembering this. Anyway, I'm surprised how Big Mom regained her memories so soon but I don't get why she fell asleep immediately afterwards.

She fell asleep because of the shock of regaining her memories. Go read chapter 794, Sabo was almost exactly the same in how it happened, though you say the trauma of Ace had a part in it.

Jun 28, 6:07 AM
Was really hoping Oda would do more with the O-Lin subplot. Really disappointing conclusion.

Jun 28, 7:16 AM
link9us said:
All i got to say THANK GOD BIG MOM REGAINED HER MEMORIES. This whole amnesia thing was just a horribly executed plot device that really wasn't needed and it just gave oda an excuse to dumb down big mom even more. I REALLY hope we get to see massive final battle clash with Big mom at her prime cause god damn it has been forever since we have seen that. The whole Big mom escape sequence was like a handicap placed upon the yonko so the straw hats could escape. But enough is enough, stop shitting on big mom. Lets really see her worthiness as a yonko please ODA!!

I think the whole point of this amnesia trip was to show good side to O-lin, and possibly the start of a redemption. There are way too many similarities between her and luffy, and we've seen some pretty evil characters turn a new leaf. Maybe if she gets tortured by Kaido and/or learns the full truth about Wano she could possibly see the error in her ways.

I'm sure Luffy will find someone to test his new skills on within that massive prison, plus gain some valuable allies

Jun 28, 7:59 AM
Caribou my man stole the denden mushi boss ,now all things are going Luffy's way wich implicates that complications will come ,like usopp or nami being tortured for example like Bepo from law's crew and killer from Kid's crew .I honestly think it's going to be Ussop since he wants to become a brave worrior of the sea.

I liked the hilarious side of queen he is one of my favourites so far with his comedic intelligence he reminds me of Iva in some way strong,intelligent and comedic.

Another thing is of course another mystery person who looks strong the guy with the traditional straw hat I'm thinking of him as Denjiro because I think he matches the silhouhette.

Anyways good chapter although it's short like the last one but it's a progress .To be honest I want to know what is happening between Sanji and X Drake , Zoro and Kyoshiro ,and finaly Law and Hawkins .Plus the secret that Ashura Doji is going to show Kinemon .Maaaaaaan Wano kuni hype , pure hype.

Jun 28, 8:41 AM
Big Mom falling asleep was fortuitous Now Luffy wants to take Udon he now knows how to break the collars

Jun 28, 7:18 PM

Queen wasted no time making sure Big Mom was restricted in every possible way after she regained her memories lol. Speaking of which, it'll be interesting to see how she reacts to this whole situation once she wakes up.

It was also cool to see an explanation for how Luffy destroyed the explosive collar, which was foreshadowed like a billion chapters ago lol. Now he's about to kick some ass.
I'm no special story or anything. I'm just a manga that wants to be read, like you could find anywhere. But, if, for argument's sake, you were to adapt me into an anime series, it would certainly be....a tragedy.

-The Tokyo Ghoul/Tokyo Ghoul:re manga, if they could talk

Jun 28, 7:19 PM

Thank God Big Mom regain her memories. I would prefer her staying as villains.
My Wife is a Demon Queen

Jun 28, 7:26 PM

heh another disappointing chapter, wano is looking grim
kinda sad might drop until next arc big oof

Jun 28, 8:22 PM

How disappointing of Luffy, after I was so hyped about this chapter. I'm not really hyped about your coming next next rampage, you just going to pummel small fries, how lame straw hat!

Wouldn't have mind if there was a break next week! In fact I wish there was one.
Modified by lihle808, Jul 9, 6:57 PM
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Jun 29, 11:07 AM
in big mom flash back there was a scene where big mom put into a sleep by carmel who is using her hoomie (pandora)...what if big mom suddenly sleeping has something to do with carmel and pandora.
what if charlotte linlin eat carmel soul was a part of carmel plan to control linlin to become a yonkou (she possesed linlin) thats explain why linlin doesn't remember big mom but only her name charlotte linlin because big mom lost her DF.
maybe big mom have a two persona which is carmel and linlin but since she's drowned, linlin take control of her body
(sorry for bad english)

BIG MOM=CARMEL !

Jun 30, 5:12 AM

lol thAT WAS quick...on with kaido big fight

Jun 30, 11:13 AM
Eu gostei de como Oda fez a história avançar neste capítulo. As peças estão se movendo em Wano. Big Mom a encontro de Kaidou, Luffy tomando conta da prisão, Zoro e companhia na capital das flores e Kinemon, Inuarashi e Shutenmaru "juntos". Estou ansioso para ver no que vai dar o clímax do Segundo Ato.

Jun 30, 9:34 PM

Big Mom regained her memories faster than I thought, but it's a good thing not going to lie.
"If all you ever do is look down on people, you won't be able to recognize your own weaknesses." -Katsuki Bakugo

Jul 1, 2:03 PM
When do you think we will see Jimbei turn up at Wano?

Also we havent seen much of Carrot in Wano.

Jul 1, 2:32 PM

Didn't remember that about Rayleigh at all.

Preview MangaManga Store