Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Aug 29, 2019 8:40 PM
Aug 2019
CG said:
8/10
Proved an entertaining watch and could've even been 9/10 if not for plot-induced utter uselessness of the other 3 heroes and Raphtalia-induced melodramatic unreasonable beggings of 'no, you can't go back to your own world and leave me behind sniff-sniff-sniff'. Seriously, someone who claims to be his sword being so weak and making such selfish and unreasonable demands damaged my impression somewhat.

It is because Raph is still just a 10 years old mental wise
Aug 31, 2019 9:51 AM

Jan 2018
This was a really good isekai
It gave a good feeling of adventure and rpg
I also like how Naofumi is a lord now
Slowly, he will prob build a huge army~!
Sep 5, 2019 7:00 AM

Aug 2018
Lolis waifus bla bla bla so i gave my rating like 6/10. On that anime I just loved one thing, that thing is the fight scenes, yes you heard correctly just fight scenes.
Sep 13, 2019 11:15 AM

Apr 2012
Man, what a journey.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Oct 3, 2019 8:47 AM
Oct 2019
Gostei do anime me divertiu muito esperando para 2 temporada 8/10 pra mim
Oct 6, 2019 6:00 AM

Jun 2011
Took me over 3 months to finish off the last couple episodes.. tbh the waves part is by far my least favorite portion in the entire series, it's just so boring watching them fight the NPC's.. and then there's this forced drama about another world and other heroes have to fight for their own other world too, like, what's the purpose of all this? And then there's zero resolution to the whole thing and it reset back to normal, like it happened twice already.

Then there's Raph.. she was adorable at first but then slowly and surely she became so annoying.. you know how there's the type of girls that's tryna act like they're your girlfriend when they're not? She is one of those.. the harem became kinda annoying tbh..

I hope they go back to exploring the different places in the world in the sequels instead of focusing so much on the other braindead heroes and less on the waves.. The fantasy world in this is kinda nice tbh, I'd love to learn more about it.

Kihira07 said:

Are you sure about that? I think I remember back when Raph first grew into an adult physically, her mental state grew as well, didn't it? She started lecturing Naofumi like she's the big sis now..

Also it would've been fine if it happened once or twice, but no it happened like 20 times or something.. it'd be fine if that moment occurred twice, first one to introduce the main source of drama, and second one happens at the climatic part of the drama.. but they just spammed it to pad for time or sloppily trying to make it seem dramatic.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 7, 2019 10:26 PM
Aug 2019
ToG25thBaam said:
Took me over 3 months to finish off the last couple episodes.. tbh the waves part is by far my least favorite portion in the entire series, it's just so boring watching them fight the NPC's.. and then there's this forced drama about another world and other heroes have to fight for their own other world too, like, what's the purpose of all this? And then there's zero resolution to the whole thing and it reset back to normal, like it happened twice already.

Then there's Raph.. she was adorable at first but then slowly and surely she became so annoying.. you know how there's the type of girls that's tryna act like they're your girlfriend when they're not? She is one of those.. the harem became kinda annoying tbh..

I hope they go back to exploring the different places in the world in the sequels instead of focusing so much on the other braindead heroes and less on the waves.. The fantasy world in this is kinda nice tbh, I'd love to learn more about it.

Kihira07 said:

Are you sure about that? I think I remember back when Raph first grew into an adult physically, her mental state grew as well, didn't it? She started lecturing Naofumi like she's the big sis now..

Also it would've been fine if it happened once or twice, but no it happened like 20 times or something.. it'd be fine if that moment occurred twice, first one to introduce the main source of drama, and second one happens at the climatic part of the drama.. but they just spammed it to pad for time or sloppily trying to make it seem dramatic.

No, only her body is grown up thank to level up, her mind isn't. She had her mature talking since the childhood when her hometown was destroyed, remember ep 15? She is only good when handling the tough situations, but very naive and innocent when dealing with other matters since she is still a child
Oct 8, 2019 4:16 AM

Jun 2011
Kihira07 said:
No, only her body is grown up thank to level up, her mind isn't. She had her mature talking since the childhood when her hometown was destroyed, remember ep 15? She is only good when handling the tough situations, but very naive and innocent when dealing with other matters since she is still a child
Don't remember much since I resumed at episode 21 recently after having this on hold for over 3 months. I'll take your word for it then, and it makes the whole potential romantic situation so much more awkward if that's the case lmao.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 9, 2019 9:08 AM
Aug 2019
ToG25thBaam said:
Kihira07 said:
Don't remember much since I resumed at episode 21 recently after having this on hold for over 3 months. I'll take your word for it then, and it makes the whole potential romantic situation so much more awkward if that's the case lmao.

That is why at least right now, Nao only sees her as his daughter and for a quite long time. But it justifies why Raph acted like that to Nao since she is still a kid
Oct 14, 2019 6:35 PM

Jun 2013
It was okay. I have seen better Isekai shows and I think this one is overrated. I like the concept but I found the story lacking after a while. I guess my main motivation for watch this show was to see revenge but even that was very unsatisfactory. At least have Trash and Bitch thrown in jail or something to make them suffer. But these writers love their idealistic forgiving angelic protagonists.

Another thing that I found quite disappointing were the fight scenes especially with Shield hero. Most of the time the fights were just him standing in one place defending using like 3 or 4 shield types. And it just lacked creativity or excitement. I think the writer intentionally made the shield useless so MC's companions can get some limelight. I guess he never heard about Captain America LOL.

I kind of liked the characters especially Raphtalia and Naofumi until he went soft. I miss when he was a complete pessimist like in the first few episodes. Still their relationship and Raphtalia's constant support to Naofumi was nice. I frankly didn't care much about the other companions or heroes.

This last episode was quite confusing and stupid. I mean heroes are able to warp in and out of their own world automagically and somehow they all want to kill Naofumi and other heroes to save their world? I am pretty sure the writer will have some bizarre and cliched explanation of how worlds are connected and waves are the gateways etc. Well at least our shield hero now has a base and a new airhead companion.
Oct 19, 2019 12:49 AM

Mar 2015
It confuses me how this show is 8.15 rated at time of writing but the reviews all call it rubbish!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 20, 2019 9:18 PM

May 2018
Bitch/Whore should not be allowed to wander around freely.

That looked like more than just a hug on the roof!

Looking forward to the 2nd season and development of the relationship between Naofumi and Raphtalia.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Oct 22, 2019 2:29 PM
Oct 2019
Gostei do final eu quero acreditar que foi um beijo mais sei que é um abraço ansiosa para 2 temporada já tô no hype
Oct 22, 2019 2:29 PM
Oct 2019
Gostei do final eu quero acreditar que foi um beijo mais sei que é um abraço ansiosa para 2 temporada já tô no hype
Oct 25, 2019 11:47 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Adnash93 said:
@Playcool , on CR her name is Lecia, to be more precise.
Glass' looks awesome as shown in the LN! Not only she is even more thicc than in anime, but most of all her look seems to be more detailed. Compared to her original concept, Glass from the anime adaptation looks just plain.

Glass to the anime seems like got downgraded heavy, they did a great job with most characters, sucks they failed with her.
Oct 31, 2019 9:08 AM
Aug 2019
I-Jitsu said:
It was okay. I have seen better Isekai shows and I think this one is overrated. I like the concept but I found the story lacking after a while. I guess my main motivation for watch this show was to see revenge but even that was very unsatisfactory. At least have Trash and Bitch thrown in jail or something to make them suffer. But these writers love their idealistic forgiving angelic protagonists.

Another thing that I found quite disappointing were the fight scenes especially with Shield hero. Most of the time the fights were just him standing in one place defending using like 3 or 4 shield types. And it just lacked creativity or excitement. I think the writer intentionally made the shield useless so MC's companions can get some limelight. I guess he never heard about Captain America LOL.

I kind of liked the characters especially Raphtalia and Naofumi until he went soft. I miss when he was a complete pessimist like in the first few episodes. Still their relationship and Raphtalia's constant support to Naofumi was nice. I frankly didn't care much about the other companions or heroes.

This last episode was quite confusing and stupid. I mean heroes are able to warp in and out of their own world automagically and somehow they all want to kill Naofumi and other heroes to save their world? I am pretty sure the writer will have some bizarre and cliched explanation of how worlds are connected and waves are the gateways etc. Well at least our shield hero now has a base and a new airhead companion.

In this show, Nao offense = 1 only, outside Curse Power series, he can't attack anyone. This show was based on JRPG logic, not Amarica super hero show. And heroes of other worlds wanted to kill Nao because all the monsters from the waves will attack Nao world only since there won't be anyone to protect that world anyone. The other 3 are useless and stupid. Remember what Fitoria said? When the time come, all heroes have to choose which world needs to be sacrifice, different heroes fighting for their own world
Nov 4, 2019 8:17 PM

Mar 2012
Don't know how but I was highly entertained despite the laundry list of flaws....could go on and on but honestly I just really wanna watch a continuation of this now.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 26, 2019 1:03 PM
Sep 2016
Tired of harems, got bored of this one. I was also creeped out that the main love interest is 12-years-old (even though she magically look like an adult after ep 1 because "oh she's a beastkin").

In addition, the kid-like cute-ness from the female leads was overshadowed by their everpresent thirst, which ruined that whole aspect of the story for me as well. I don't like harems, and I definitely don't like loli harems, which is what this is.

The fantasy part of the plot was okay, well done story-telling but I've read enough fantasy books at this point to roll my eyes at the omni-present evil of nobles. They're such a 1-dimensionial/shallow "bad guy" that it's hard to even take it seriously. The first episode was a good introduction, but after they failed to realize malty's motives/bg I quickly lost any investment I had.

It didn't help that the MC quiet literally buys his first love interest like a prostitute. Regardless of what it turned into, it still left a bad taste in my mouth.
Dec 27, 2019 6:20 PM

Apr 2007
FoldedCorner said:

It didn't help that the MC quiet literally buys his first love interest like a prostitute. Regardless of what it turned into, it still left a bad taste in my mouth.

wtf are you even trying to get at here. It's only "like a prostitute" if you're literally purchasing her for the act of sexual gratification. His reason for doing it had nothing to do with that.
Dec 29, 2019 3:17 AM

Dec 2019
I love this series, a solid 9/10.
Jan 2, 2020 10:59 AM

Sep 2019
There is only one thing I want to know and that is did Raphtalia and Naofumi kissed at the end of the anime? I was confused cause how casually they handled the situation. But I'm sure they did. Well what you guys think?

And now let's talk about the anime. It was a good experience I got kinda same Vibe when I watched re:zero. First four episodes was really dark! I mean there was depression on it. I don't have any complain to the music (intro,outro and others).

What disappointed my is whenever Naofumi tried to use his full power and let himself berserk there was always someone that has tried to stop him from getting his pick strength (Raphtalia, felo,etc). I know it makes him loose his control over his strength but sometimes it's ok.

And the final battle was fucken shit it just makes my disappointment degree to a certain level. I truly hadn't thought it would be like this.

Well I'm scoring the whole anime so it would be 8/10. Can't just give this a low rating just because I don't like the final battle.
Jan 7, 2020 9:03 AM
Apr 2019
Man, im lucky watching this in one go, waiting to watch this shit each week is pure torture.

The only thing i like is seeing filo chicken version.. everything else is laughable...

Ok im ready for isekai quartet s2 now..
Jan 12, 2020 6:02 PM

Jun 2009
another annoying fuck added to naofumi's harem. the chances of me watching S2 are not high.
Jan 19, 2020 11:06 PM

Aug 2017
is there animal abuse or animal deaths in this anime if yes feel free to spoil me :]
Jan 29, 2020 5:21 PM
Jun 2012
This could've been the perfect 10 point anime for me but thanks to writing of those three so called heroes and that redheaded bi-I-mean princess it couldnt go over 8. Yes they were necessary for growing and Rising of Shield Hero but they didnt have to be so extremely mind numbingly stupid.
Feb 11, 2020 2:26 PM

Mar 2014
Finally the end. The fight ended in the most underwhelming way possible. Still no explanation as to why the heroes from different worlds have to fight each other other than the vague 'to save their world'. And why did L'Arc have to fight Shieldbro and no other hero? Who the hell knows!
Also we never saw Naofumi actually bonding with Filo or Melty, because none of them have had any character development. So fighting to protect them and being saved by his friends falls flat.

As many others said the first half was more watchable than the second one. 3/10 for me
Mar 24, 2020 4:39 AM

Mar 2017
was green-haired girl supposed to be a person or a pokemon?
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Mar 27, 2020 5:21 PM

Mar 2012
I didn't enjoy this adaptation like I did the web novel overall. Going to end this on a 6. Maybe a 5 but leaning on 6. This adaptation left a bad taste in my mouth and I tend not to mind dumb isekais. Since the 2nd episode really. I had no motivation to finish watching for over 6 months but finally did (living in lock down if giving me free time).
Mar 30, 2020 6:44 PM
Mar 2020
Love it 10/10
best anime of the year!!
Apr 7, 2020 2:20 AM

Aug 2017

Adding one more to the harem, very nice. She's the worst of the bunch but one more doesn't hurt.

I quite enjoyed this show. Moved along nicely and a tidy ending. Good MC and characters.
Apr 9, 2020 1:24 PM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
Good anime, i liked the atmosphere, characters, music... music was especially good. I wanted to see more Naofumi & Raphtalia scenes, but... i suppose i have to wait for the next two seasons!
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Apr 27, 2020 10:54 AM
Mar 2016
It's a shame that after a strong start it derailed out of control and never quite recovered.One of the main problems of the anime is the poor writing in general. The writing of villians and characters are laughable.

There are so many stupid moments in this anime but there one that was so stupid that made me laugh out loud and that was when Malty gets caught again.

Malty gets a slap in the wrist for high treason, 1 episode later immediately tries to assasinate MC, gets caught, Queen gets told and nothing happens again, no consequences. Later on she still with Lance guy's party which makes absolutely no sense. I am sure she learned her lesson and wouldn't try to kill the MC for a 3rd time would she?? Of course not. Her plot armor is strong.

Its pretty clear that the 3 stooges and Malty are only there to be shit characters for the sole purpose to make the MC look good because otherwise i don't understand their stupidity at all. It's the only thing that makes sense. Very poor writing.

Overall it's generic isekai which starts with potential strong themes but ends as a cleverly disguised Harem anime.

A generous 5/10
d_agraApr 27, 2020 11:22 AM
May 2, 2020 10:19 AM

May 2011
d_agra said:
Its pretty clear that the 3 stooges and Malty are only there to be shit characters for the sole purpose to make the MC look good because otherwise i don't understand their stupidity at all. It's the only thing that makes sense. Very poor writing.

Overall it's generic isekai which starts with potential strong themes but ends as a cleverly disguised Harem anime.

A generous 5/10

This.
Can't believe I lost a lot of braincells trying to watch this anime.
May 8, 2020 2:33 AM

May 2012
I actually thought this would have been a lot more of an impact for an isekai as there was quite the hype for it especially with the characters being quite popular.

But it felt rather generic for an isekai in my honest opinion. It's certainly not bad but also nothing out of the ordinary special so I'm personally a bit confused to why this got such a high praise and rating.

That said I still quite enjoyed watching it! All in all a pretty damn fine anime!
May 21, 2020 10:33 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, pretty disappointed by the way this anime turned out.

Honestly the first episodes got me: I enjoyed the dark-wannabe side of the plot with the struggle of the hero and the conspiration he was getting into, his discovery of the world through xp farming/selling drops/creating a party. Generally speaking the beginning of the anime really felt credible for its MMORPG aspect.

But after 25 episodes, it ended up like any other generic anime: badass MC has his harem, we got the usual crazy church part, and honestly no one can say the story telling worth it (they even managed to put a beach episode !)...

The bases were good for doing an interesting show, but it ended up just better than the average of its peers. Which is definitely not much.

I watched it for its reputation & the memes, and in the end I'm not even sure it worth it. I would definitely agree with the previous comment:

RafaelDeJongh said:
It's certainly not bad but also nothing out of the ordinary special so I'm personally a bit confused to why this got such a high praise and rating.
MylmyzanMay 21, 2020 10:39 AM
May 23, 2020 6:02 PM
Apr 2020
Marinate1016 said:
How have people made reviews and how do the mods get these threads up so fast? Advanced screenings or y'all live in Japan??

Anyway, I don’t recall naofumi hesitating to drain Glass’s SP in the LN.. they changed the reshia situation so much it’s almost a complete rewrite of the story, ffs. They basically crammed the last half of volume 5 and first half of 6 into 10 minutes... and rewrote it on top of that. Now I’m not 10000 percent sure, but I did just finish vol 6 like 3 days ago and I don’t recall them building a fort in that Demi human village... they picked up Raphtalia’s friend and that’s it..

Damn this anime got really generic at the end, still a solid fight to end the season, and I enjoyed it, but man they’ve got some things to improve in season 2. Mainly the pacing. pretty sure they’ll be in Isekai Quartet so that’ll be cool to see. Really recommend reading the LN's if you haven't already, there's so much left out and changed especially down the stretch. Solid 8/10.
i have only read the manga and i remember some parts differently but overall it was a good show 8/10 for me :)))
May 26, 2020 12:40 AM
May 2020
Please continue the anime series Tate no yuusha again and don't change the graphics because I like it!!!!....I want to see even more of the Tate no Yuusha anime series:)おねがい🙏
May 26, 2020 12:42 AM
May 2020
Please continue the anime series Tate no yuusha again and don't change the graphics because I like it!!!!....I want to see even more of the Tate no Yuusha anime series:)おねがい🙏
May 26, 2020 1:54 AM
Mar 2013
can we give replay to a review?
i mean there this review say "Naofumi is a nobody otaku who stays at his home all day⁠⁠—" seriusly?
are he even watch the series? and there 605 people found the review helpful, unbelievable
May 28, 2020 2:59 PM
Mar 2020
I am very disappointed because there are some events that were misrepresented in the anime and they are almost different from them in the LN but I really enjoyed the story really I cannot express especially this episode was wonderful because the wave this time was different and I was amazed by L'Arc and Therese that they are heroes from another world and with them Glass as well I thought she was just an enemy like the monsters that came from the wave, so she also wanted to protect her own world But Naofumi has enough problems with the three heroes to contend with heroes from another world haha.
I think he will have to fight them.
Jun 5, 2020 10:10 PM

Mar 2016
Did Raccoon girl( I can't spell her name correctly ) and Naofumi kiss at the end or was it a hug?
Jun 19, 2020 9:59 PM

May 2020
I dunno why but i literally teared out when Naofumi and Rapthalia final moments before the ending, flashback to the times when Rapthalia was still young and all the hardships they've gone through with Naofumi. I really love this ep and a good ending, waiting for season 2 so baddd~ .Though, the final battle between Glass and Naofumi is somewhat cliffhanger in a way buf understandable. See you all in season 2 forums!
Jun 26, 2020 2:09 AM

Jan 2015
Anime with an interesting beginning that made me think of it as a not a regular isekai but unfortunately it is a regular isekai.

It has the whole package: yet another rage mode, OP MC, hints of harem genre, as the show goes on it feels like MC is gradually loosing his uniqueness and turning into yet another all around nice guy, so to speak.

By the end It felt disappointing but, hey , I would lie if I said I haven't gotten at least a little bit of an enjoyment out of it. In my eyes it is still much more superior to any season of SAO.
combi2015Jun 26, 2020 2:59 AM
Jun 28, 2020 2:18 AM
Jun 2020
The Rising of the Shield Hero is the first isekai anime I've watched. It's not perfect but I'm glad I watched it. The characters are great, this show has one of the most lovable and hatable characters (looking at you B*tch). I think this is a great conclusion for this first season. Can't wait for season 2.
Jul 2, 2020 3:20 PM

May 2013
Hm. It was good.

7/10
Nothing to write home about. I would likely watch S2.

Surprised Naofumi decided to stay though lol. He was so adamant abbout returning home that I thought he'd end up bringing Raph and Filo with him lulz
Aug 19, 2020 8:56 AM
Aug 2020
ssseeason 2 when <_>
Aug 22, 2020 6:25 PM

May 2020
God damn, fastest kiss on earth, amazing end, finally he decided to stay, good luck on your adventure Naofumi, and have to say Naofumi and Raphtalia best couple.
Sep 10, 2020 3:28 AM
Aug 2020
Goood news fellas season 2 will be airing in 2021.Make it alive.
Sep 10, 2020 3:28 AM
Aug 2020
Goood news fellas season 2 will be airing in 2021.Make it alive.
Sep 16, 2020 4:07 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I powered through this whole thing just to see what the hype was all about. Am a little disappointed, but that's just because I wasn't expecting much. I always enjoy the first episodes of these, i think the set up is great and the potential is always there. But yeah no this show wasn't for me

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2019

454 by SanessyAdversary »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2019

401 by SanessyAdversary »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2018

587 by SanessyAdversary »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

194 by Vinnicivs »»
Feb 24, 9:08 AM

» so why does he keep enslaving girls? ( 1 2 )

Nyron - Feb 5

97 by Frogdude59 »»
Feb 9, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.