Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 24, 2019 12:48 PM
Jun 2017
The only reason I'm checking out this anime is because of Wit,I always think that wit did an amazing job adapting AOT (which is in my top 3 favorite anime),So I'm interested to see how wit will adapt this manga,from the trailers and people's feedback,it sounds amazing,but what exactly should i expect??

1-An epic anime much like season 1 and 2 of AOT.
2-A deep characters and story much like season 3 part 1.
3-OR both of them much like season 3 part 2.

honestly I would prefer option 2 or 3.

(sorry if my post is badly constructed)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 24, 2019 12:56 PM
Jun 2017
The third option seems to fit what happens in the part that is going to be adapted of Vinland Saga the most. If it ever happens that we get a second season then we will get into the very controversial part with a lot less action and a lot more character development which is personally my favorite part of the story.
Jun 24, 2019 1:14 PM

Nov 2013
Why are comparing this to AOT? Read the source material if you want to know what to expect. Aimer is doing the ending and hopefully some of the OST, so that will be great. The action looks phenomenal based on the PVs. It should be the best show of the season, most likely.
Raise it up, raise up the happiness.
Jun 24, 2019 1:42 PM

May 2018
It's way better than AoT
Jun 24, 2019 1:53 PM
Jun 2017
GutsFromBerserk said:
The third option seems to fit what happens in the part that is going to be adapted of Vinland Saga the most. If it ever happens that we get a second season then we will get into the very controversial part with a lot less action and a lot more character development which is personally my favorite part of the story.

I would rather get character development than action.
Jun 24, 2019 1:57 PM
Jun 2017
Only_Brad said:
It's way better than AoT

i genuinely hope so
Jun 24, 2019 5:31 PM
May 2019
Only_Brad said:
It's way better than AoT

Not a hard milestone to climb, and that comes from a long time fan since before Season 2 of AOT aired.
Jun 24, 2019 7:18 PM

Oct 2013
Not sure why you needed to mention snk as I knew it would become a attack on AOT, get it? lol, I think it is number 1 and 2, base off the 50 chapters I read its a pretty good Historical series.

The plot isn't anything special, but the characters and the great fight carries this series imo.
Jun 24, 2019 7:55 PM

Apr 2019
I don't understand why you comparing it to SNK .instead of asking about the plot.this will just lead to Controversy.
Jun 24, 2019 8:13 PM
Nov 2017
This will be very difficult to compare with Attack on titans. You might not have such a suspenseful world full of mystery and plot twists with massive foreshadowing. But having said that, I prefer vinland saga a tad more because of the way it treats it's characters.

We might not see much of that in the first season which will be filled with epic moments, and amazing fights especially with wit studio. But how all these tie into the character development and touch upon the deeply philosophical aspects in that world, is something I have not read in any other manga or anime.
In some sense you could probably compare it with dororo because of how it ties history and philosophy together.
Jun 25, 2019 3:40 AM

May 2017
Don't compare it to AoT it's so much different, but it also shares some similarities.

Vinland Saga is an epic tale about Revenge, Guilt and War in a detailed Historic Setting. What it shares with AoT is the roughness of the story and the change of direction within it's story. The MC Thorfinn goes through some deep changes over the course of the different arcs and his motivation shifts drastically. So I think Vinland Saga is very focused on Character Development, but you can also expect some rough and gory action, especially in this first season. Later on politics become also a huge part of this series. What you don't have is the suspense and mystery you can find in AoT.
Jun 25, 2019 4:08 AM
Jun 2017
-every comment saying why did i compare it with AOT lol.
-the matter of fact i wasn't comparing between the two,How could I do that if i haven't read "Vinland sage".
-I was trying to know what direction this show takes,because AOT shifted in direction each arc so it was a good example,that's all.
-anyway based on the replies i think this anime is for me,I'm looking forward to experience it for the first time.
Jun 25, 2019 7:26 AM

Sep 2018
It probably adapts the weakest part of the Manga (everything pre Farm arc),its the prolouge and the part with the most fighting so it will be exciting to watch and the Characters are no wear near as 1 dimensional as the SnK Characters even tho its the weakest parts of the story.

Much blood,many deaths and lots and lots of Vikings will be in this Season....and a Tsundere king boi.

-Mullerio-Jun 25, 2019 7:40 AM
Jun 25, 2019 8:04 AM

Oct 2013
amine60__SBD said:
-every comment saying why did i compare it with AOT lol.
-the matter of fact i wasn't comparing between the two,How could I do that if i haven't read "Vinland sage".
-I was trying to know what direction this show takes,because AOT shifted in direction each arc so it was a good example,that's all.
-anyway based on the replies i think this anime is for me,I'm looking forward to experience it for the first time.

You don't get it, once you mention another series in the argument, that will always cause conflict, you will either get comments like ''vinland saga is wayyyyyy better that attack on titan'' by the vinland saga fans or you will get legit comments to try and tell the difference.

This thread could have easily turn out bad if me or anyone that prefers snk over vinland saga decided to counter their argument, luckily that has been avoided, I know that wasn't your intention, plus this is the vinland saga section, I don't want to cause any argument, especially when I also liked the series as well.

I get why you did it, because it is a wit studio series, but just don't. Especially when snk is at a high right now when it comes to the ranking and being currently rank the second est rated anime of all time, people are going to take shots at it in any opportunity, probably because of jealousy.
keragammingJun 25, 2019 8:09 AM
Jun 25, 2019 2:54 PM

Oct 2017
For the first arc what this series adapts it is a action historical seinen. Vinland Saga switches genres though. The next arc starts off more as a slice of life goes back to the action for a bit (though less focused around the main cast) and then to a more pure adventure story. (it is called Vinland Saga after all)

The series isn't really that comparable to AOT a dark high octane fantasy anime/manga vs a very grounded historical series. Though kinda similar the first arc is more action heavy (though especially in the villain there is a lot of character development). Later arcs are more character focused.

I like both AOT and Vinland a lot though I would give the edge to Vinland still I feel what each story is trying to do is very different.
Jun 25, 2019 3:21 PM
Nov 2017
It has really great character into it, but it is a seinen hystory, so it won't makes you like "WTF, is this really happens", besides "damn!".

I won't compare it to SNK too much, because it will makes a controversial. But, if SNK has a plot twist, it has a deep character. Not only badass, but it has its own phylosophy. Compare two of them is just like compare Death Note and Monster. One is making you enjoy the series with tense and how the characters think, and one makes you think about the phylosophy about the character, which no one is better, it's up to you. Well, of course I'm not saying that Vinland Saga is better, in fact I don't have so much expetation knowing it is just a season 1, and the most weaker part of the series.

But, knowing it's Wit Studio, you can really expect the cool badass fight in this series. In fact, this series is at least my top 5 action when it comes to the epicness, knowing the art is so detail. But, who know?
Jun 26, 2019 1:08 AM

Mar 2007
amine60__SBD said:
The only reason I'm checking out this anime is because of Wit,I always think that wit did an amazing job adapting AOT (which is in my top 3 favorite anime),So I'm interested to see how wit will adapt this manga,from the trailers and people's feedback,it sounds amazing,but what exactly should i expect??

1-An epic anime much like season 1 and 2 of AOT.
2-A deep characters and story much like season 3 part 1.
3-OR both of them much like season 3 part 2.

honestly I would prefer option 2 or 3.

(sorry if my post is badly constructed)

Yeah you better be sorry about your badly constructed post.

Anyway I never get my hopes up for anime but this is one that I have high expectations of. You should just watch your AOT and skip this one. It's too good the likes of you.
Jun 26, 2019 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
AoT>>Vinland Saga.

You'll get comments like that. I presume you're new to MAL
Jun 26, 2019 8:25 AM
Jun 2017
-I actually don't care if people think vinland saga is better than AOT,I might be one of those people after I experience the show,who knows,the point of this thread is to know what direction VS took compared to AOT,not which show is better,because that's obviously subjective.

-If someone gave me a proper response and good feedback about my question,which some people did here,that would be appreciated.

-But if certain type of people keep spamming "AOT<<<<<VS" or "AOT>>>>>VS",I would just ignore that comment because it's just childish to me,And i got used to ignore these type of comments.
Jun 26, 2019 9:49 AM

Mar 2019
Vinland Saga is incredible. Much deeper characters than what you get in AoT. AoT has more epic moments due to the nature of the story. They're fighting giant titans and they're swinging all over the place like Spiderman to do so.

Look, it should be an incredible show if they adapt it well.
Jun 26, 2019 10:44 AM

Apr 2019
MrGoldiii said:
Why are comparing this to AOT? Read the source material if you want to know what to expect. Aimer is doing the ending and hopefully some of the OST, so that will be great. The action looks phenomenal based on the PVs. It should be the best show of the season, most likely.

what Aimer is doign the ED Ü_Ü
and some OST
this made my fucking day
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 26, 2019 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
I'm guessing WIT studio will be adapting the first 4 volumes of Vinland Saga. This anime will be extremely dark (not edgy or in-your-face), bloody, and epic in scope, because the first 4 volumes focus a lot on war. Some fascinating characters like Thorfinn and Askeladd, who have backstories that explain why they are the way they are. In summary: lots of great action and character development.
Jun 26, 2019 9:58 PM

Apr 2018
Basically berserk with a great studio (wit). That's it.
Jun 27, 2019 1:50 AM
Nov 2015
Mullerio said:
It probably adapts the weakest part of the Manga (everything pre Farm arc),its the prolouge and the part with the most fighting so it will be exciting to watch and the Characters are no wear near as 1 dimensional as the SnK Characters even tho its the weakest parts of the story.

Much blood,many deaths and lots and lots of Vikings will be in this Season....and a Tsundere king boi.

the characters in attack on Titan are far from one dimensional but they are nowhere near as good as vinland saga
Jun 27, 2019 7:36 AM

Mar 2018
The first season will cover the prologue, that's full with action and violence but also great character moments.

The full story falls into the last category, an epic journey with war, deep narrative and great characters and some philosophical layers.
Jun 27, 2019 7:48 AM

Apr 2019
Only_Brad said:
It's way better than AoT

not gonna take the word from a dude that gives Cowboy Bebop a Score of 4 xD
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 27, 2019 8:24 AM

Jul 2015
Jfs_ said:
Basically berserk with a great studio (wit). That's it.

Basically what he said.

You will enjoy this show.

Jun 27, 2019 8:26 AM

Jun 2015
This series is nothing like AoT. Don't compare them.
Read Toriko!
Jun 27, 2019 9:06 AM

Aug 2018
I would not expect that much, talking about anime adaptations. I haven't read Vinland Saga yet (but it's been in my PTR for a long time) and I expect this to be good, but if it is not I would not be surprised at all.
Jun 27, 2019 3:56 PM

Jun 2014
I'm expecting great things considering I'm a fan of the manga and it will likely adapt a part of the manga which is perfect for 24 episodes.
:3
Jun 27, 2019 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
disappointment :]
Jun 27, 2019 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
the best anime of the decade
Jun 27, 2019 8:56 PM

Jan 2019
Edge_is_a_weapon said:
disappointment :]

Hard to take someone seriously who has a bait account.
Jun 28, 2019 9:57 AM

Jan 2015
watch the Vikings TV series, probably something similar
Jun 28, 2019 10:40 AM
Apr 2019
This looks trash, wheres the waifus? Why are all the mc dudes and one dude that looks like a girl?
elementexJun 28, 2019 10:43 AM
Jun 28, 2019 7:28 PM

Apr 2018
elementex said:
This looks trash, wheres the waifus? Why are all the mc dudes and one dude that looks like a girl?
If you looking for waifu-cuteGirls-shittyFanservice then this show is not for you. Go watch another shitty harem isekai that has a lot of waifuh in it, much better than vinland.
Jun 28, 2019 7:47 PM

Apr 2019
elementex said:

your taste is trash
never thought i would tell this someone
ive never seen someone with such a ridiculous amount of shit taste
its like you are purposefully rating bad shows a 10 lmao

get out of here dude
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 28, 2019 8:05 PM

Oct 2013
Grimzey said:
the best anime of the decade

Attack on titan season 3 part 2 has taken that spot unfortunately. :P
Jun 28, 2019 8:06 PM
Apr 2019
Jfs_ said:
elementex said:
If you looking for waifu-cuteGirls-shittyFanservice then this show is not for you. Go watch another shitty harem isekai that has a lot of waifuh in it, much better than vinland.

Is it bad to put a couple hot girls in a good show? It doesn’t even need to be fan service like say a winry from fma. Something to keep people interested.
Jun 28, 2019 8:08 PM
Apr 2019
Nim0174 said:
elementex said:

your taste is trash

get out of here dude

I feel the same way about your taste in anime
Jun 28, 2019 8:35 PM

Apr 2018
elementex said:
Is it bad to put a couple hot girls in a good show? It doesn’t even need to be fan service like say a winry from fma. Something to keep people interested.
nothing wrong with hot girls, But some great series doesnt need Hot girls to keep people interested, and vinland saga is one of them. People interested because its great writting, Not hot girls. like i said before, this type of show is not for you.
Jun 28, 2019 9:52 PM
Apr 2019
Jfs_ said:
elementex said:
nothing wrong with hot girls, But some great series doesnt need Hot girls to keep people interested, and vinland saga is one of them. People interested because its great writting, Not hot girls. like i said before, this type of show is not for you.

Yeah, I guess you’re right. I need at least hints of romance to enjoy a series.
Jun 29, 2019 12:28 AM

May 2015
elementex said:
Jfs_ said:

romance is in the latest chapters of the manga,you need to wait season 3,if they'll ever do it
Jun 29, 2019 1:05 AM
Apr 2019
nanashi796 said:
elementex said:

romance is in the latest chapters of the manga,you need to wait season 3,if they'll ever do it

Idk maybe if they really impress in the first 3 episodes I may try it out. But I also just heard it was more realism and no supernatural stuff which turns me off even more.
Jun 29, 2019 3:31 AM

Apr 2019
elementex said:
Nim0174 said:

your taste is trash

get out of here dude

yea but your feelings are irrelevant
im right and you are wrong thats just the cold objective truth
now get out
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 29, 2019 4:52 AM

Jan 2019
elementex said:
Nim0174 said:

your taste is trash

get out of here dude

Dude, you can't accuse someone of shit taste if you're going to post something like this...
elementex said:
Jun 29, 2019 5:15 AM

Mar 2017
It's nothing like AOT. It's comparable with Berserk as a more historical/mature series.
Brandon2149Jun 29, 2019 5:22 AM
Jun 29, 2019 5:33 AM

Aug 2017
Yeah this is a completely different beast from AOT which is a comparison only being made solely due to both shows sharing the same studios despite being totally unrelated.

Its a historical action-action interspersed with then time period politics manga like as mentioned Berserk only it takes place at a real place & time in history as well as using actual historical characters in the story.

The most unrealistic things this shows are just gonna be some low level superhuman strength stunts mostly done by one character who is the settings strongest warrior so nothing straight up fantasy like monsters or superpowers.
SlimcoderJun 29, 2019 5:37 AM
I used to be a watchmaker.
Jun 29, 2019 5:39 AM

Jan 2009
since this is one of the highly rated manga here im very hype about this especially if the anime adaptation will be somehow fairthful (not rush) adaptation
Jun 29, 2019 10:31 AM
Apr 2019
Slimcoder said:
Yeah this is a completely different beast from AOT which is a comparison only being made solely due to both shows sharing the same studios despite being totally unrelated.

Its a historical action-action interspersed with then time period politics manga like as mentioned Berserk only it takes place at a real place & time in history as well as using actual historical characters in the story.

The most unrealistic things this shows are just gonna be some low level superhuman strength stunts mostly done by one character who is the settings strongest warrior so nothing straight up fantasy like monsters or superpowers.

So what is the hook if there is no supernatural fantasy stuff?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

352 by Herrior »»
Apr 23, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

795 by Lawgun »»
Apr 23, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

391 by ecklonia »»
Apr 15, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.