Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
O Maidens In Your Savage Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 16, 2019 3:44 AM
Mar 2012
That's a lot of wind in the OP, tho awesome HoneyWorks as always.
Lots of character vibes remind of other shows and a mix of hilarious & realistic. Kazusa like the eyebrow girl in SoraYoi. Hitoha sounds like that weird pilot Ririko in Masotan.
Jul 16, 2019 4:47 AM
Jun 2014
bastek66 said:
jiajia said:
too childish... uwu and how is this shounen?! this is obviously a shoujo

It's published in Bessatsu Shounen Magazine, along with Attack on Titan and Flying witch.
ohh. does MAL always categorise like that?

Jul 16, 2019 11:01 AM

May 2009
jiajia said:
bastek66 said:

It's published in Bessatsu Shounen Magazine, along with Attack on Titan and Flying witch.
ohh. does MAL always categorise like that?

Mal tags are worthless.
Jul 16, 2019 4:16 PM

Aug 2018
i had 0 hopes for this one, just read the sinopsis and got curious, but BOY. this is an epic comedy, and a great way to talk about Es-Ee-Ecks and... that scene when he gets caught masturbating... WHAT A MASTERPIECE
Jul 17, 2019 2:59 PM
Sep 2011
FlamingMangos said:
Cant wait to see everyone's opinion take a 360.

I completely agree with you
Jul 17, 2019 6:45 PM

Aug 2018
AHA. I remember first thinking about sexuality and sex. Great to see an anime capturing first encounters or expectations amongst different personalities. Some more open and curious, others more embarrassed and devastated. I was definitely like izumi's childhood friend. I couldn't imagine my neighbor being sexual at all and felt both grossed out and frustrated I was bc i saw him as pure. But then he got a girlfriend before I dated anyone at all, for a long time at that. Great animation and great expressions/reactions. I love this already.

I feel like I can relate alot to this as not a Japanese woman, but an Asian-American woman who is barely taught sex-ed in school and sex is definitely not talked about or mentioned at all in my asian background. Like sexuality doesn't exist. We don't talk about it or see our family like that because.. its impure and embarassing. At least in my Asian upbringing, my siblings and I were taught to be modest and humble; a role model, smart. Sex was something out the picture. Even dressing scantily was a no-no, so to experiment with sexuality myself in my coming-of-age resembles quite alot like the reactions of these girls lol
Jul 19, 2019 6:16 PM

May 2018
This is fun, the girls realise that sex is dangerous and eats up your entire mind. A fun and awkward episode.

Jul 19, 2019 6:24 PM

Sep 2017
This was so great. So happy I decided to check this out. I just really can't get enough of watching real characters grow. Love the character designs as well.
Jul 23, 2019 5:31 PM
Dec 2018
Bro, lock the door when you whacking off. Also, he's into group sex eh? Seems everyone in this show is a whore.
Jul 23, 2019 5:42 PM
Dec 2018
So the main girl is suppose to be plain looking (despite her generic cuteness) while the guy is suppose to be a stud. She likes him but he only sees her as a friend; I can't say I'm rooting for her since if their looks were reversed, she would likely also just like him as a friend. Just like how I detest most harem protagonists, it will have to depend on what she's willing to do to make herself stand out, no free hot dickings.

The main girl's best friend is apparently a lesbian who is in love with that Niina girl but Niina is in love with the main guy. Since the two leads are more likely to hook up, I hope they don't just turn Niina into a lesbian just to pair up the spares. Homosexuality and bisexuality are very rare so it would just feel way too forced, if only life was that convenient.
Jul 28, 2019 9:09 AM

Dec 2014
ok like wow such an amazing adaptation..really enjoying it
Jul 28, 2019 1:07 PM
Oct 2017
oof 5 pages and only one mention of Blue Hearts. it's impossible for weebs not to disappoint me
Jul 30, 2019 9:17 AM
Aug 2018
Moral of the story :

KNOCK ON THE DOOR BEFORE ENTERING !

How many times will it be necessary to repeat...
Aug 2, 2019 6:13 PM
Sep 2017
I dk if this is a masterpiece or if it is pure garbage, but I´m loving it so far.
Aug 3, 2019 6:22 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I love this. Very relatable situations. Good dialogue steering clear of stereotypical cliched anime lines. Very interesting.

That initial reading from the literature at the start was powerful too.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Aug 5, 2019 1:29 AM

Aug 2017
This episode was a bit weird but I like how the plot revolves something sexual. Not bad. I actually liked it. I would give it the benefit of doubt.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 5, 2019 7:02 AM

Nov 2018
Now this is realistic and refreshing.
When Sonezaki yelled ethics in the class, I was like "yeah you you go girl"
"This world is too smeared in sex." we have the quote of, say, season maybe. That run was rather epic, it gotta be admitted.
Edit: On re-listening the OP, I actually thought the misleading vibe in the OP was actually above love but nah, it wasn't even misleading and was straight about sex.
Aug 7, 2019 3:19 PM
Apr 2019
Best anime of the season
Aug 10, 2019 2:55 PM
Apr 2016
Honestly that was entertaining and funny. Niina got it right though, life is short, very short, better enjoy youth while you still have it. From Gigguk I heard it's relatable, unfortunately I couldn't relate it to my childhood at all, since my puberty was rather early. Entertaining show.
Aug 11, 2019 8:18 AM

Jun 2019
It knew not to disappoint expectations, indeed!

I highly appreciated designs and colors (also the filter, too), very funny and potentially reflective. Extremely right and never forced!

I look forward to see more of it and I hope it do not deceive me.
Aug 11, 2019 5:57 PM

Mar 2016
This shit is amazing. How come I never heard about it? And from the same creator of Ano Hana? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Already can see this as a potential anime of the season. I'm totally not worried about this going on weird ways since I trust the writer.
Aug 19, 2019 10:00 AM

Jul 2009
LMFAO at the final part. That shit hits too close to home.

Good first episode, and I can already feel the Mari Okada vibes oozing from it. Love how the show plays with the subject of sex in a hilarious, coming-of-age way. I'm just hoping it will be more like Hanasaku Iroha instead of a drama trainwreck like Ano Hana.
Aug 27, 2019 4:24 PM
Aug 2019
Hi there,

Would anyone know where I could find the soundtrack for this anime? I couldn't find one on youtube. When Niina says that she wants to have sex before she dies around 12 minutes into this episode, there is a beautiful piece of music with piano in it that captured me.

P.S. Great first episode! I find Rika a bit too prude however. Hopefully she will open up as things go along.
martingonnetAug 28, 2019 1:35 PM
Aug 28, 2019 12:46 AM

Jun 2017
several impressions

i was a little concerned about how much characterization they suddenly started just squeezing in within a span of several minutes at the start there. It feels a little forced (LOL) but it's almost just dumped and blalant, but whatever it works in getting the point across: you're familiar enough with what characters we're going to work with here

there's some typical aspects of dumb drama but it's not too problematic so far imo

other point being, holy shit there's a lot of sex. didn't expect a show revolving around a group of girls to almost casually just embrace sex as a important theme here.

Now, I do like that it's diving straight into sex as a major theme here. very interesting, i'm curious to see what'll happen - but i can't help but already feel that they might be throwing in SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX too much. Put some sex here, have them mention sex here, put more sex here, sex sex sex sex

obviously it looks like it's going to be a major theme of the show, but throw in too many doses of a topic like sex and it'll start to lose its impact as a major aspect of the show

that's my opinion so far
Sep 2, 2019 2:23 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Dude, this was amazing, how didn't I hear anything about? I was so hesitant to start this Anime, I'm glad I made the first move though. I pray it doesn't tell the sad route (I got those vibes when the blonde girl spoke of her near-death).
What a coincidence too, I just finished playing Doki Doki Literature Club, and here we are with an ANime that has to do with the same kind of club.
This Anime speaks a lot of relatable facts about growing up its so freaking good, that scene when she caught her childhood friend masturbating was the most uncomfortable situation I saw the whole week, and it's just getting started.
Sep 22, 2019 12:20 PM

Feb 2014
Boys and girls, now with this episode (and with so many other animes out there) learn again how to set the the BEST and UNSTOPPABLE environment to do your every day fap:

1. Front door of the house not closed.
2. Your bedroom's door not closed.
3. Not using an earphone or a headphone.
4. With a loud rock song playing.

*sigh*

TechOtakuSep 22, 2019 12:36 PM
Sep 27, 2019 1:13 AM
Jan 2019
I never knew that the coffee bean is going to be used in eros
so I don't understand the train scene how it can be used in eros?
Sep 27, 2019 10:36 PM

Nov 2014
One of my anticipated adaptation this summer, and i really glad it went really good.
The OP was really great (as expected from Chico with Honeyworks) and ED was good too.

The "Izumi Busted" scene really hilarious. He and Kazusa definitely great ship, can't wait to see their moments to bloom lol.
I liked the balanced between the Drama and Comedy by the 1st episode, and to be even better with addition of Romance. The "sexual" related joke kinda one of my favorite type of jokes too, so it has been great so far. Can't wait to see more from this.
Sep 28, 2019 2:15 AM

Aug 2018
The OP really suit to the theme of anime
and it sang by Chico with Honeyworks!
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 5, 2019 1:09 AM

Jul 2015
Anime about girls exploring their sexuality, this means one thing

*closes curtain, opens vpn, opens incognito* hopefully the fbi won't catch me again

Rip izumi, that was one hell of an awkward moment but he played it cool like nothing happened.

Apr 11, 2020 1:43 PM

Apr 2016
Chico with Honeyworks! Never thought I'd see such familiar words.

I can already tell these girls have a bad habit of blurting out their true feelings. Just check out what Sonozaki did in front of everyone, Kazusa as well. The people at their school seem like assholes.

LOL she walked in on him, and he acted so nonchalant afterwards!

This whole anime seems like it'll be interesting as hell.
Apr 14, 2020 12:53 AM
Jun 2015
I was running around laughing. This reminds me of when I caught my brother masturbating when I was little: sam screaming, crying, and denial. Absolutely hilarious
XD
May 22, 2020 8:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Omg, what am i doing here, watching some dirty joke with no border. I mean, yeah, you will listen more than once a sex word. Ecchi, ero, and even that hand job scenes. Insane show really put me into misery. Sometime i laugh, but, when seeing some plain girl speak out that ero-word without any hesitations. I even find that a super cringe. Damn, Lol. I must be crazy watching this at my first attempt. Not because i dont like the premises. But what the fuck was that? And what the fuck is the true meaning of this show? Really unacceptable.
Hold-on 2/10 (first marking on my 2020 lists)
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 14, 2020 10:17 AM
Sep 2020
Jjzjxjcjc kxxkcj jzndcjÙjgh
Nov 19, 2020 1:08 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Oh man now I really wanna go to Big Wang’s Chinese restaurant

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 11, 2021 8:14 AM

May 2015
okay so iv'e only watched the first episode so far and the reason i've started this anime was bc of a screenshot i saw on ig and thought it was a cute romance anime (i usually dont really the sinopse of the animes i see so i went completely unkowing what was about)

and finish the first episode i can say what the anime is kinda about... sex

and i'm not going to lie.... seeing an anime that talks about sex without having the 'echi' tag on the genres...?? it seems so rare

is this going to be a real anime about sex and sexual life without being the typical pervert and objectification of boobs and women's body just for te pure pleasure of men?? i mean not seeing any of the girls just grabbing each other boobs out of nowhere and moan just bc it already a good thing so..
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Jun 11, 2021 10:49 PM
Mar 2020
The first episode of O maidens in your savage season was an good exemple of how you introduce your main cast of caracters and give some text to them, the main caracter named Onodera Kazusa is a high school student who suddenly discovers puberty and what comes with it.
The technical aspects of episode were well done, i apreciate some transitions that give us come context of what the caracter feels and some metaphors of what they said and see.
In general i believe that it was a good first episode of an anime. I congratulate the Directors: Andou, Masahiro and Tsukada, Takurou, as so the scripter and original creator Okada, Mari. Thank you for your hard work.
Aug 6, 2021 3:49 AM

Nov 2013
I'm impressed.
The subject is really interesting and always actual. The characters are relatable and likeable. We immediately see their future arcs which is intriguing.
The animation and sound are awesome. The writers are not cutting any edges.
All in all pretty strong start for a teenage anime.
I feel sorry for the dude who peacefully jerked off in his own house and was busted. But again maybe he should be more careful about the doors and locks. That's his fault.
The neighbour girl overreacted to say the least but she will be ok.
I like Sumire Uesaka's character the most but i'm not sure about this dude i think he is gonna hurt her.
What i don't like: all the other girls from the school are sex-obsessed animals and total bitches. That's just stupid and lazy.
I also don't like Niina so far, she seems really pretentious.
GvendolineAug 6, 2021 5:55 AM
Aug 6, 2021 10:06 AM

Jun 2007
i started watching it without knowing what it was gonna be about. big mistake
so corny
so cringey
and not relatable at all. i was like "lol sex. whatever. pokemon is much more interesting" around their age
idk might drop soon
see you, space cowperson . . .
Sep 29, 2021 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
A friend recommended this show to me and I have no idea why. I mean this was not bad, but also not super entertaining. Maybe it'll get better.
Mar 7, 2022 8:56 PM

Jul 2021
it feels like im learning about sex education and what the fuck was that last scene, Izumi my man this is such an exposure.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 21, 2022 5:31 PM

May 2015
I’m 25 and asexual with no libido. I knew when I was 13 or 14 because sex grossed me out and I had no desires. Dear god, is it this bad when you’re a hormonal teenager starting to think about sex? That sounds awful and embarrassing. Kudos for allos who get through that lol.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Mar 21, 2022 5:31 PM

May 2015
I’m 25 and asexual with no libido. I knew when I was 13 or 14 because sex grossed me out and I had no desires. Dear god, is it this bad when you’re a hormonal teenager starting to think about sex? That sounds awful and embarrassing. Kudos for allos who get through that lol.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Apr 30, 2022 7:38 PM

Jul 2019
Man, that was a great opening episode. Very interesting characters and actually somewhat relatable lol. This is good so far.

Also my guy got caught (rip forever) but the funnier part is how he kept the vid playing for a little while longer ooof.
May 3, 2022 5:57 AM

Aug 2018
The long pause after the walks in xD
And why all the stores had perverted names xD
Aug 30, 2022 8:00 PM

May 2015
Fantastic first episode.
Nov 12, 2022 6:25 PM

Oct 2022
That scene when she caught the boy doing that was really intense! I'm looking forward for what happens next between those two!
Mar 1, 2023 12:52 AM

Jan 2021
The Taste of Her Pork Miso Soup... and we're not talking about a gourmet here.

And yup, your mama is definitely not a virgin anymore, Kazusa.

And... Izumi? Better close or even lock your door next time.

I think the prettiest girls are Niina and Sonezaki, but my favorite is that novelist senpai, at least after watching episode 1.

Apr 30, 2023 8:58 AM

Dec 2022
he dose do that most men do that. that was fricking hillarious
Jul 16, 2023 2:41 AM

May 2020
Samurai head 🤣🤣🤣. I guess this anime is about the dirty minds of the readers, and much more, of the writers. This is funny, but will have to watch it alone.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

179 by Shadow_Reaper13 »»
Jan 3, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

312 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

143 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:04 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

194 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:03 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

144 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.