Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
O Maidens In Your Savage Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh, they are following the manga to a T. Fun start just like the manga! Great voice acting as expected!

You can watch the preair in the Official YT of HoneyWorks. :)

Also, gotta capture the Best Girl. :P

shanimebibJun 24, 2019 8:59 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 25, 2019 4:19 PM

Sep 2008
I made a big mistake watching this with that cliffhanger at the end. Episode 2 is more than 2 weeks away...

Maybe I'll just read the manga.

EDIT: The cliffhanger was only in the pre-air. The regular first episode does not end on a cliffhanger.
5layerJul 11, 2019 8:13 AM
Jun 28, 2019 9:51 AM

Nov 2007
5layer said:
I made a big mistake watching this with that cliffhanger at the end.

That sure is a cliffhanger. When I was reading the manga I couldn't believe that they didn't use whiteouts like this episode did in the end. It was quite... disturbing.

Some more screenshots capturing the other four girls.
Coronavirus.
Jun 28, 2019 8:42 PM
Oct 2018
Damn, that was a huge cliffhanger.
Jun 28, 2019 9:24 PM

Nov 2007
Bingki-san said:
Damn, that was a huge cliffhanger.

Yep. They chose a pretty good point to use whiteouts. Next episode will be great because what lies beyond the whiteouts will shatter Kazusa.

The cutest part of the episode was Kazusa looking at her innocent and fluffy looking mom but realizing that even she was not a virgin. Well, duh? That's the way you came in this world, silly girl!
Coronavirus.
Jun 29, 2019 12:00 AM

Nov 2011
The light comedy of this show feels okay so far although I may have to get used to it.

There's the jokes about "deflowering" and "sex" but given the premise, I was prepared for it. Wonder how many conversations and dialogues will make fun of those terms in the future. As for the animation style, it looks very light in style.

Niina is the character that has my interest the most so far especially when she mentions about sex and death. The cliffhanger has me wondering what Izumi is doing...
Stark700Jun 29, 2019 8:51 AM
Jun 29, 2019 8:30 AM

Aug 2017
Is this a moe sex party
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Jun 29, 2019 10:29 AM

Nov 2007
MakoChoppo said:
Is this a moe sex party

More like a moe [heartbreak] party.
Coronavirus.
Jun 30, 2019 5:58 PM

Mar 2013
okay but i didn't need that cliffhanger at the end.......
Jul 2, 2019 1:31 AM
Mar 2018
So it's a dramedy... better stay away from this one for now...
Jul 3, 2019 9:55 AM

Jul 2017
Is this setting truly imitating one of the best paromedies of last Summer, Asobi Asobase?

Coz it looks like that, sounds like that, and this time, not 3 but 4 girls???

Even with such a pre-air, I can already feel it's gonna be that way.
Jul 3, 2019 10:10 AM

Nov 2007
KANLen09 said:

Nah. This is more drama down the road than comedy. Also, let me make it clear. The number of girls involved is 5 not 4.
Coronavirus.
Jul 3, 2019 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
shanimebib said:
KANLen09 said:

Nah. This is more drama down the road than comedy. Also, let me make it clear. The number of girls involved is 5 not 4.

Hmm maybe my expectations lie elsewhere, probably was thinking along the lines. Oh well.
Jul 4, 2019 8:29 AM

Aug 2013
That cliffhanger in the end. Wonder what he is doing.

Jul 4, 2019 8:32 AM

Nov 2007
Leo said:
That cliffhanger in the end. Wonder what he is doing.

Coronavirus.
Jul 4, 2019 9:47 AM
Dec 2018
Fk man, this cliffhanger made me scream and directly read the manga. Really never expected this outcome. Hypes for the next episode 8,5/10 for me so far
Jul 4, 2019 8:16 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That cliffhanger was evil lol but this is already looking like the sleeper hit of the season to me now.

I like that it looks like we'll literally watch these girls grow and step into adulthood whether it be via romance or other means, so that coupled with the fact that these girls are all pretty likable, makes me very excited to see what happens next

I loved everything about this tbh....I think right now, my favorite is a tie between Nina (I love how raw she is lol) and the dark haired girl who wants to be a novelist
TokoyaJul 4, 2019 9:46 PM
Jul 4, 2019 8:51 PM

Nov 2007
Tokoya said:
That cliffhanger was evil lol but this is already looking like the sleeper hit of the season to me now.

I like that it looks like we'll literally watch these girls grow and step into adulthood whether it be via romance or other means, so that coupled with the fact that these girls are all pretty likable, makes me very excited to see what happens next

I loved everything about this tbh....I think right now, my favorite is a tie between Nino (I love how raw she is lol) and the dark haired girl who wants to be a novelist

Yeah. It's a growing up drama. I am up to date with the story and my favourite from the manga is Hongou-senpai (the novelist). She has a pretty unique personality and I found her part of the story the most intriguing (and adorable).

Also, Niina (I believe that's who you meant by Nino) is like the pivot for the other girls (except for Hongou-senpai I guess) in growing up including the third year Sonezaki-senpai (club president). Even though she is the club president and the oldest, she acts the most immature and a big crybaby but I found her really cute with the progression of the story.

If anything, this will be a fun ride - often very cute, sometimes silly, and at times quite annoying - a good balance for adolescence stories. The first episode already captured it very well so I am not spoiling or anything.
Coronavirus.
Jul 4, 2019 8:54 PM

Oct 2012
Based on the first episode I expect this to easily fall into my top 5 for the season. The writing is excellent and I feel like I've gone back in time discussing, thinking about and feeling these mature topics through the characters.
Jul 4, 2019 9:46 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
shanimebib said:
Tokoya said:

I loved everything about this tbh....I think right now, my favorite is a tie between Nino (I love how raw she is lol) and the dark haired girl who wants to be a novelist

Yeah. It's a growing up drama. I am up to date with the story and my favourite from the manga is Hongou-senpai (the novelist). She has a pretty unique personality and I found her part of the story the most intriguing (and adorable).

Also, Niina (I believe that's who you meant by Nino) is like the pivot for the other girls (except for Hongou-senpai I guess) in growing up including the third year Sonezaki-senpai (club president). Even though she is the club president and the oldest, she acts the most immature and a big crybaby but I found her really cute with the progression of the story.

If anything, this will be a fun ride - often very cute, sometimes silly, and at times quite annoying - a good balance for adolescence stories. The first episode already captured it very well so I am not spoiling or anything.
Yeah I meant to say Nina, my bad lol. But this is great to hear
Jul 4, 2019 9:54 PM

Dec 2014
What is the different between 'pre-air' and regular episode?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jul 4, 2019 9:55 PM

Nov 2007
aLotQuestion_ said:

Pre-air doesn't have the OP and the ED.
Coronavirus.
Jul 4, 2019 10:22 PM

Apr 2016
Dang. Went into this show completely blind, and came out with really high expectations for the rest of this series. Direction and VA performances are absolutely top rate. Here's hoping the quality holds.
Jul 4, 2019 11:47 PM

Apr 2016
The high school girls surely are thirsty arent they ?

Also did she just caught him fap ? This show seem very promising.
Jul 5, 2019 12:56 AM

Jul 2016
You know what, I went in expecting basically nothing, came out with something actually pretty good.
The synopsis gave me completely the wrong impression. I thought it was gonna be some kind of immature fanservice vehicle, kind of like what Joshikausei was last season. Thank god it's not
Jul 5, 2019 1:40 AM
Sep 2018
Animation is good but why a cliffhanger
Jul 5, 2019 2:07 AM

May 2010
Loved every second of it!
Jul 5, 2019 2:19 AM

Apr 2016
Voice acting is really good, animation, art and direction too. Quite positively surprised by the overall quality. I didn't imagine Hongou Senpai speaking that way though and because of that it felt a bit off for me. I might get used to it with the time.
Jul 5, 2019 3:15 AM

Apr 2012
I regret that this anime doesn't make P.A.WORKS. Damn, guys, this is Marie Okada! You miss such a huge chance!

Also, has anyone already guessed which of the girls is a lesbian?
Jul 5, 2019 3:19 AM

Jan 2015
18 minutes long? That’s a shame. So far the most interesting and promising first episode of the season.
Totally loved this one.

Hated the cliffhanger tho, I want to know what he was doing. Masturbating? Is him having sex with that red-haired bitch? Or maybe with a guy? Wouldn’t be surprising considering the themes of this show, since curiosity and homosexuality are very close to the adolescence

@RobertBobert
Is it a spoiler or what, I didn’t want to know that there was one amongst them, although I had already suspected it
XenocrisiJul 5, 2019 3:25 AM
Jul 5, 2019 4:06 AM

Apr 2016
RobertBobert said:

Jul 5, 2019 4:07 AM

Apr 2012
@Xenocrisi Works of Okada often have 1-2 lesbian or bisexual character. But even outside this context, her sexuality quickly becomes an important subplot.

@Swagernator Coldly
Jul 5, 2019 4:10 AM

Apr 2016

Good, cuz i don't care about the rest of the girls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 5, 2019 4:39 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:

Good, cuz i don't care about the rest of the girls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As far as I saw, she has the healthiest heterosexual relationships of all the girls.
Jul 5, 2019 5:22 AM

Nov 2007
@RobertBobert: Hey, don't go spoiling others! Let them find out irrespective of who is behind the making of it.

@Swagernator: Good pick. And she is actually the prettiest of them all and my second favourite. Well, at least for me. But my favourite is still one of the other girls. :P
Coronavirus.
Jul 5, 2019 5:52 AM

Apr 2012
shanimebib said:
@RobertBobert: Hey, don't go spoiling others! Let them find out irrespective of who is behind the making of it.

@Swagernator: Good pick. And she is actually the prettiest of them all and my second favourite. Well, at least for me. But my favourite is still one of the other girls. :P

I won’t say who she is anyway :D. But I still hope that the anime will cover the whole manga.
Jul 5, 2019 5:58 AM

Nov 2007
RobertBobert said:
shanimebib said:

I won’t say who she is anyway :D. But I still hope that the anime will cover the whole manga.

Hey, the manga is ongoing and have not even reached 30 chapters. And I don't think it will be ending before the season ends. That would mean it will be left with chapters to be adapted. I think it was a bit rushed as far adaptation goes. Unless Okada already decided on where the story would go, the anime (this cour) is expected to catch up with the most recent chapter.

Coronavirus.
Jul 5, 2019 6:11 AM

May 2015
Not bad. I actually liked it.
It seems like a genuine exploration of sexuality without overly sexualizing things. The fact that there's no ecchi in genres is also a good sign.

Girls are quite lovely. As for the first impressions, I guess I liked the blonde one the most. But it may change later on, they all seem potentially interesting so far.
Jul 5, 2019 6:13 AM
Apr 2016
We have all heard many positive things about Okada, but I am extremely questioning myself whether it is worth going into this title of hers.I might, if only just to give her a plus or a minus. The theme of growing out of simple world is appealing, as always, however, ... this take might be neither what we need, and nor what we are worthy of.
Re:formed
Jul 5, 2019 6:27 AM

Apr 2012
shanimebib said:
RobertBobert said:

Hey, the manga is ongoing and have not even reached 30 chapters. And I don't think it will be ending before the season ends. That would mean it will be left with chapters to be adapted. I think it was a bit rushed as far adaptation goes. Unless Okada already decided on where the story would go, the anime (this cour) is expected to catch up with the most recent chapter.

Well, I hope that it will be as with ReZero, Girl Last Tour and Dandelion, when the author allowed the studio to make their ending.
Jul 5, 2019 6:31 AM

Nov 2007
RobertBobert said:
shanimebib said:

Well, I hope that it will be as with ReZero, Girl Last Tour and Dandelion, when the author allowed the studio to make their ending.

It's not the same as the other shows because both the author (source material) and the script writer (adaptation) is one and the same i.e. Okada.
Coronavirus.
Jul 5, 2019 6:43 AM

Jan 2018
I love how the plot revolves something sexual yet the story is much much deeper than that
Jul 5, 2019 6:50 AM

Apr 2012
shanimebib said:
RobertBobert said:

It's not the same as the other shows because both the author (source material) and the script writer (adaptation) is one and the same i.e. Okada.

Well, knowing Okada’s reputation and her favorite “shy girl lost to hot popular chic”, I wouldn’t want to see the show with an open end :)
Jul 5, 2019 7:21 AM

Sep 2018
I enjoyed it, the only thing I didn't like is the girls wearing ties which give them pencil necks, just give them a cute ribbon.

Best part for me was the flashback of the tea bagging.
Jul 5, 2019 7:34 AM

Jul 2014
And the most awkward 1st ep of the season goes to....
Seriously tho, that was fcking awkward, luckily the dude handled it like a pro.
Not sure if I'm gonna keep up with this or not but so far my favorite girl is the one Chika Anzai plays (Niina).
RobertBobert said:

Lemme guess, its the girl that always sticks with Kazusa? either her or Kazusa becomes a lesbo herself cause she's too scared of a penis penetrating her.
Wait. scratch that, don't say if I'm right or wrong.
Jul 5, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2007
@Xenocrisi: Watch episode 1 again if you have only seen the pre-aired version. I just saw it and it has 4 minutes extra after the whiteout. :P

The ED actually shows the other male characters involved in the story.
Coronavirus.
Jul 5, 2019 7:54 AM
Feb 2009
wow didn't expect the writing of this first episode to be really good I'll definitely keep watching this one.
Jul 5, 2019 7:57 AM

Apr 2012
@-Stray There is no change of preferences, the whole manga is devoted to how girls realize and explore their interest in guys ... or other girls. So, if you discard the nuances, then at the beginning of the story they all are innocent, pure maiden. That is why all the girls hold lilies as a symbol of female purity on the covers of the manga.
Jul 5, 2019 8:23 AM

Dec 2014
shanimebib said:
aLotQuestion_ said:

Pre-air doesn't have the OP and the ED.

So the actual content will not missed?
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jul 5, 2019 8:26 AM

Feb 2011
This has to be one of the strangest first episodes of an on going show I've ever watched.. well there's still Aku no Hana to consider but yeah...
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

179 by Shadow_Reaper13 »»
Jan 3, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

312 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

143 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:04 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

194 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:03 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

144 by WELLERM »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.