Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Jul 10, 2019 12:36 PM
Mar 2018
Shirai-chan said:
Well, here it is, the conclusion. It still left a lot of questions from me like why was daigo bleeding. And is Tahomaru dead? Welp, hell yeah Dororo became a waifu material now. Biwamaru is still mysterious for me
Daigo is paying the consequences for breaking the pact of the demons(even if he didn't himself it did happen so the responsability is his) along as the injuries he probably got in the war, and yes tahomaru was dying because 1)the injuries he got from the fight with hyakkimaru and 2)he formed indirectly a pact with the demons as well(becoming a demon and giving up his humanity) and ended up breaking the pact at the end giving back the eyes he stealed from its owner, so same as daigo he's paying the consequences slowly dying. Quite a parallel here I guess, the only difference is that Tahomaru is dying with his mother whether Daigo is dying alone, quite a tragedy but he deserves that, he's the one who started this mess and taho didn't have many choices to begin with.
Alex82829290Jul 10, 2019 1:01 PM
Jul 11, 2019 8:10 PM

Jun 2010
beautiful end this show will stay in my heart for a long time.
Jul 11, 2019 8:27 PM
Aug 2015
The story was not bad but at the same time it was nothing that was very impactful IMO. It had a very good start but some of the side arcs were very boring for me, which I think is unavoidable when you have this pseuodo-episodic format for hunting these demons. I also have to take points off for the animation quality, especially knowing what MAPPA is capable of. The animation was very hit and miss, and when it missed it missed HARD.
Jul 15, 2019 2:53 AM
Nov 2015
Avi_Verma said:
In the ending, the death of Jukai, Tahomaru and her mother seems meaningless.
Jukai could have dropped whatever he carried on his back and picked up Tahomaru and the mother was fine on her own. They all just sat there waiting for their death. Even though the director wanted to convey they got a peaceful death, it was a bit odd.

During the Hall of Hell ending scenes, I almost had a heart attack when Hyakkimaru picked up the sword. I thought he is gonna stab himself and feed himself to demons after seeing the catastrophic sight around him. Thank the Writer, he didn't.

Characters of those people with whom Dororo wanted to establish "The Land" was not developed and it seemed they were really not someone whom one could trust.

The ending was rushed but overall a great show.

I will have to read the manga now to get an understanding of why did they not try to escape the castle. It was hinted but not clear in the anime.

I will miss them.

there was no way for them to escape and they realized a single person cant carry two others out of a burning building, they realized and decided to end their lives peacefully instead of filled with panic and anxiety.
Jul 15, 2019 2:54 AM
Nov 2015
CrookedPanther said:
I didn't like the ending.... why did they separate? they had no reason to... it felt forced "lets separate and grow up slowly and apart then meet again" So disappointing.... dropped my rating just cause of the that. I love the rest of the anime though it was great the battles with the demons were a bit lackluster though.
dororo wanted to grow a field and hyakki wanted to experience his earned humanity but in the end he returned.
Jul 15, 2019 2:57 AM
Nov 2015
Comander-07 said:
Not a big fan of this forced parting. I thought we were over this by now.

After the first cour was very interesting and overall strong, this entire half was a huge letdown with only some upsides. 7/10
it wasn't forced they journey together was over and now they have different motivations forcing them to separate.
Jul 15, 2019 5:05 AM

Sep 2014
Black_Sheep97 said:
Comander-07 said:
Not a big fan of this forced parting. I thought we were over this by now.

After the first cour was very interesting and overall strong, this entire half was a huge letdown with only some upsides. 7/10
it wasn't forced - forcing them to separate.

ironic
It just was an unnecessary kind of drama ending.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 15, 2019 6:45 AM
Nov 2015
Comander-07 said:
Black_Sheep97 said:
it wasn't forced - forcing them to separate.

ironic
did you edit my reply dude?
Anyway, no it wasn't forced cause it fits with the character motivation that was set up in the beginning. Just because you want them to stay together doesn't make their actions forced.
Jul 15, 2019 10:27 AM

Sep 2014
Black_Sheep97 said:
Comander-07 said:

ironic
Anyway, no it wasn't forced cause it fits with the character motivation that was set up in the beginning. Just because you want them to stay together doesn't make their actions forced.
ah yes 24 episodes shows they want to stay together, we had 2 split ups and they wanted to stay together. After everything is over "ok bye"
Jul 15, 2019 10:30 AM
Nov 2015
Comander-07 said:
Black_Sheep97 said:
ah yes 245 episodes shows they want to stay together, we had 2 split ups and they wanted to stay together. After everything is over "ok bye"
because the goal had been achieved and closure had been obtained, the context for them splitting up now is different from the last times.
Jul 15, 2019 10:30 AM

Sep 2014
Black_Sheep97 said:
Comander-07 said:
ah yes 245 episodes shows they want to stay together, we had 2 split ups and they wanted to stay together. After everything is over "ok bye"
because the goal had been achieved and closure had been obtained, the context for them splitting up now is different from the last times.
thats simply incorrect and wrong.
Jul 15, 2019 2:33 PM

Feb 2018
I really enjoyed this last episode. Hyakkimaru got his body back and learned from his experiences and didn't become a demon, if he had he probably would've killed both Tahomaru and Daigo. I'm glad he finally got to see his mother at the end, that brought a tear to my eye.

Upon seeing Hyakkimaru's actions, Daigo realized he'd been wrong, and now he has to live with that. A better fate than dying, I'd say.

Hyakkimaru is finally complete or "born" as Biwamaru said, and he's off on his own journey to finally live his life. I'm sad that him and Dororo didn't stay together after everything they went through, but it kind of makes sense. Their journey is over, and Hyakkimaru is finally free to live his life the way he wants to. Kind of the same reason why the gang split up at the end of Samurai Champloo. Plus, they did show that Hyakkimaru and Dororo meet again at the end, and it was great they showed a grown up Dororo for a second. She's beautiful.

I really hope they at least give us an OVA of their separate journeys and reunion. Personally I would love to see that. They're both such great characters. I'm going to miss this anime.

8/10 for me. I only felt like I wanted to knock it a few points because I didn't care too much for the episodic bits near the middle, even though some of them were pretty good, and the animation really took a dive in some episodes, but overall it was fantastic.

Also, I did notice they put the budget where it counts.
If I remember correctly, they didn't use CGI for any of the demons or characters. It can work sometimes, but most of the time when anime does use it, it feels very cheap and out of place.
Jul 15, 2019 10:59 PM
Nov 2015
Comander-07 said:
Black_Sheep97 said:
Comander-07 said:
Black_Sheep97 said:
great argument man
Jul 21, 2019 7:07 AM

Oct 2013
The battle scene was epic, Hyakkimaru didn't kill his brother that proves him as a human or more like a nice older brother eventhough Tahoumaru still dead in the end along with his mother, too bad we couldn't see them in a good terms before.

Finale was good but i was hoping to see what will happen to both Dororo and Tahoumaru, will they build a new country or rebuild Daigo's domain with all the money left by Dororo's dad. At least we got a glimpse of older Dororo.

I hope there'll be special episodes or OVAs in the future, that'd be great but that will not be the case since it's the original ending.

Overall score 8/10.. will be missed
Jul 21, 2019 9:43 PM

Jun 2016
Pretty good series, it surely had more potential though. The ending was super underwhelming, they were about to pull a samurai champloo ending on us. Anyways, an OVA would be a pretty good idea everyone wants to see how Dororo's and Hyakkimaru's life as adults will end. What will Dororo do with the money she inherit, what did Hyakkimaru discovered on the journey that he went alone and how will their relationship progress.
8/10 for me but it would have been a nice 9/10 with a better ending.
Jul 23, 2019 12:04 AM

Mar 2010
Thats all? seriously THATS ALL?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2019 4:06 AM

Dec 2015
TzwTzw said:
Everyone wants to see how Dororo's and Hyakkimaru's life as adults will end. What will Dororo do with the money she inherit, what did Hyakkimaru discovered on the journey that he went alone and how will their relationship progress.
It would have been a 9/10 with a better ending.

That wouldn't be an ending, the story has been concluded. What you want is an epilogue, something US movies made people too dependent of.
Jul 24, 2019 8:29 PM
Jun 2014
Why must they go their separate ways, its always this kind of sad farewell that happens in the end
Aug 6, 2019 12:10 AM
Feb 2016
It was a good ending, but I found the deaths of the mother Nui, his adoptive father and the brother pointless. There was more than enogh time for them all to escape and it was just stupid imo. A lot of the other parts of the episode was great as well, but some also felt a bit rushed unfortunately. Man, I really didn't want those three to die and it pisses me off they did in such an underwhelming matter.

Overall, 7/10. It was good I'll admit that
Aug 8, 2019 3:51 AM

May 2017
Honestly I really like how they wrapped everything up - it was unexpected and nice imo.
But the last seconds kind off ticked me off... Yay we see old Dororo and she's pretty but for me that just hints at "wooh she's legal now" and now she can be with Hyakkimaru..?
Maybe I'm interpreting too much into it, but hell no, they're family in my eyes QQ
Aug 10, 2019 5:25 PM
Jul 2011
This was a decent, chill anime but that ending was pretty underwhelming and somewhat nonsensical. The way mother Nui and Jukai just stood back and died felt super forced and dumb. I understand the path Junkai came from broke down but they didn't even try to go back with Hyakkimaru and Dororo in the secret well path. It's not like they didn't have time before the ceiling pillars fell down.

Daigo's breakdown on the other hand was really good to watch play out, he deserved more suffering but at least he realized he was shit and was played the demons.

Honestly the whole second half was kind of weak unless it involved drama with Hyakkimaru family and Dororo's past plot catching up to her in the present. Animation quality was all over the place, way too many "QUALITY" moments that could be screencapped and gif'd int he later half.

Series seem to peak at Mio's episodes but overall it wasn't awful and I don't regret watching it.
Aug 12, 2019 6:14 AM

Mar 2010
Did the last demon, mom and the old woodmaker guy just die very.. conveniently? This was such a strange and "meh" conclusion.

Characters being conveniently in some locations was something that slightly pissed me off. But i get it.. it was to save animation time and yada yada. They could have lessened some filler count in earlier episodes to make things more logical (have more time to conclude) but they didn't.

Nontheless this anime had an interesting problem. Somebody gives away something of yours.. you want it back.. but people forgot and already regard "yours" as theirs. So who is right to own? You, right? At least i think so. The others should work their own way. And i hope they will build up their own country!

Being convenient isn't right, and the people paid for it.

7/10 from me because of the main problem was interesting and Dororo (character) is pure.
Edit: Changed from 8 to 7
LylaazAug 13, 2019 4:33 PM
Aug 12, 2019 12:22 PM

Mar 2019
Damn.This show really ended.Man, I'm so sad.Why had Hyakkimaru gone in an adventure without Dororo :(.How did Dororo grow up.There could have been at least 1 more episode.It feels like the ending was rushed(maybe in the manga aswell).But still I love this show a lot. 9/10 Good show!!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 13, 2019 8:34 AM

Mar 2013
This ending was far from perfect, but I can swallow it. I would've been broken if Hyakkimaru had died, and angry if he'd been left with parts missing.

The most unnecessary thing for me was the deaths of Tahomaru, Nui, and Jukai. I just... What possible reason was there that Nui and Jukai, between the two of them, couldn't have dragged Tahomaru out and followed Hyakkimaru and Dororo to escape? It just looked as if they chose to sit there and burn. Some have said Tahomaru was dying already - I don't see what indicated that. No-one needed to die there. The brothers had reached an understanding. Tahomaru could have gone on to succeed Daigo and rebuild the land. Nui was finally ready to give him the same love she'd always held for Hyakkimaru. Jukai... There was no reason he couldn't have gone on doing what he was doing; especially after all the conflict with the Asakura, his services would have been so wanted.

Just one more episode was what it needed.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Aug 14, 2019 7:15 AM

Oct 2014
A beautiful ending for a beautiful anime. Tbh considering most modern animes have been rather shallow (imo), this one was truly a breath of fresh air. ;w; I'm sad that it's ended but grateful that it exists~
Aug 26, 2019 10:35 AM

Dec 2018
As I expected Hyakkimaru's eye was the last part he will get.

So Biwamaru used to be a samurai. I would love to see a battle between him and Hyakkimaru since Biwamaru seems a little bit stronger, haha lol.

Hyakkimaru see his parents in a burning building while leaving them was sad. Yes, Daigo is not is his parent.

The ending left something to be desired.

And the reason Hyakkimaru leave Dororo is...............?
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 27, 2019 4:09 AM

Jan 2011
a decent ending, and overall a good series except a few episodes where the animation quality dropped

but did not like the fire horse and shark demons scenes

the first OP song also nice
Sep 2, 2019 8:31 AM

Jan 2018
this is the ending I was so worried to watch cause this is such a good shoowww so I had to delay watching it for soo longgg
Sep 3, 2019 12:04 AM

Dec 2015
Me, at many points of this episode: "What?!"

But this finale looked good enough to do half its job (the other half compromised by many previous episodes).

3/5

===============

An interesting attempt at modernizing a Tezuka story with a rather unclear switch in themes/ideas, a nonsensical treatment of certain characters (Hyakkimaru?) and a poor structure for a full-length episodic series made in the 2000s.
Decent visuals & some great animation. Unimpressive OST.

Score: 5.5-/10

PS: I'm even more disappointed now than at the start of the series, that we didn't get the visual aspect promised by the trailer.

edit: a long but comprehensive review.

===============

@Kougeru How did it prove that she wasn't? Hell, how could someone even be trans-sexual in those times??
Kougeru said:

Because she clearly decided to make her appearance feminine as she got older. Her hair style and clothes were very clearly that of a woman. That completely destroys the "Transgender" narrative.
Being transexual is a state of mind, it's been a thing since humans have existed.

Thanks for the explanation. It's surprising how people like to imprint whatever they want on such simple stories. Unless I couldn't see it because it worked the exact same way in the previous incarnation (that didn't bother with an epilogue).

Since I never adhered to the idea that the incredibly stupid sex clichés (personalities, habits, tastes, colour, anything else) were "natural", I was not up-to-date with the last trendy and futile definitions of those modern cults (be them for/against the concept they root in).
Rei_IIISep 3, 2019 8:24 PM
Sep 3, 2019 5:28 PM

Oct 2010
Rei_III said:

@Kougeru How did it prove that she wasn't? Hell, how could someone even be trans-sexual in those times??

Because she clearly decided to make her appearance feminine as she got older. Her hair style and clothes were very clearly that of a woman. That completely destroys the "Transgender" narrative. Being transexual is a state of mind, it's been a thing since humans have existed. It was basically impossible to get away with in olden days though,with the exception of some cultures. TLDR tho is she pretended to be a boy as a child because it would've been safer for her. Young girls in that era were very often forced into prostitution and raped if they had family to protect them. She saw that happen when she lived with her mother so when she was left alone she knew she had to pretend to be a boy. And to clarify, I have NOTHING against transgendered people at all. I just hate when people push their wishes onto other people's art. Like when Funimation made Kobayashi straight in the dub, people claiming Dororo was "transgender" is just incorrect and rude to the writers.
Sep 6, 2019 8:39 PM

Jul 2016
*throws my head back, closes my eyes, and laughs with a face of pain*

so you're telling me

that

daigo

lived

and everyone else

died?

wonderful

edit: wait did daigo actually die. well screw it. if he didn't die by a painful death or by burning alive on screen, he still deserves justice to be served on a cold plate
Cazqui-09Sep 6, 2019 8:42 PM
Sep 7, 2019 11:02 AM

Jul 2015
I was expecting an epic fight vs the final demon because of those buildups from the last ~12 eps but sure, ok. And I love how they kill of like 90% of characters except the main villain (the dad) and the protagonists.

Sep 9, 2019 11:19 AM
Dec 2014
I was gonna give it a 6/5 out of 10 nearly all the way through but the last episode was really good. I really enjoyed the way he didn't kill his father in the end and the way his father commented on the fact that if he'd just let Dororo live the land probably would have been just fine. It was a nice ending.
Sep 15, 2019 2:46 PM

Jun 2013
I loved this show. It was action-packed. It was also sad and beautiful especially when Hyakkimaru was accepted by his brother towards the end but died along with Nui and Jukai while Daigo was spared to live a life of regret. I only wished they showed more of Dororo and Hyakkimaru's meeting at the end.
Sep 20, 2019 9:48 PM

Mar 2015
Thought it ended well! Hyakki got his whole body back!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 20, 2019 9:48 PM

Mar 2015
Thought it ended well! Hyakki got his whole body back!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 23, 2019 11:20 PM

Jan 2013
Hyakkimaru was so hot at the end when dororo was running towards him!

9/10. I hope there will be a second season. I want to see dororo and hyakkimarus adventures.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2019 12:52 AM
Nov 2016
Just finished watching this, it was a mediocre anime with a disappointing ending. I have several issues with this anime:

1 - This anime didn't have a proper buildup and felt like your usual filler episodes, that was crappy. Most of the episodes felt pointless so this anime having 24 episodes was overkill, this would have worked better with only 12 episodes. Going through all that trouble of watching 24 fucking episodes for that crappy ending was a slap in the face.

2 - The soundtrack was mediocre and very forgettable, I can't remember a single soundtrack through the whole anime, if I don't even bother remembering a soundtrack then that's mostly because the soundtrack was bad.

3 - The humans didn't have feet, they had fucking camel's hooves, nice going with that artistic choice... not!

4 - The main character had prosthetic hands and yet, he was able to use those fake hands to grab stuff.

5 - One dimensional characters.

6 - Who the fuck is the monster with the bell in the beginning. He appeared several times for no reason and it was never explained.

7 - Crappy ending. There was no reason for the puppet guy and the mother to die, they could have escaped if they really wanted to. No reason for the MC to leave Dororo behind either. Supposedly in the manga this ending is even worse, in the manga they will meet again after 50 years or some shit and again, for no apparent reason... my god, isn't that a shitty ending or what.

8 - I was getting sick and tired watching guys with thongs.

9 - Overrated hot garbage. The only reason I watched this is because I saw a rating above 8 but if I knew this was mediocre I wouldn't have watched this crap. As always, I can't trust the ratings on this fucking website.

10 - There's more crap that I want to say about this but I won't even be bothered to mention them because I'm wasting my time typing all this crap and I don't feel like wasting more time on it.

I don't know how this anime is above 8, there are better animes out there with a lower rating. This website is ridiculous with the rating system but I already expected that.

Final rating: 4/10
xZabuzaxOct 3, 2019 7:07 PM
Oct 10, 2019 11:52 AM

Mar 2011
Finally got to finishing this.

Decent enough ending I guess.

The ending just felt boring though as all the characters were just awful people and I couldn't care less about them.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Oct 23, 2019 3:21 PM

Jun 2014
I finally watched it. It was an incredible journey all the way through and undoubtedly an anime of the year contender. It's amazing how much love was put into this project, reviving a classic and giving it a fresh coat of paint. The result was a modern masterpiece of anime. I'm truly impressed. Such an emotional ride all the way through.

10/10
:3
Nov 1, 2019 8:05 AM

Jul 2013
Remember Batman v Superman? And how they were fighting each other to the death but they instantly became best friends instead just cause their mothers were both named Martha? That's basically what happened with Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru looool.

8 - Hyakkimaru and Dororo shouldn't have separated, they're basically siblings now
Nov 3, 2019 3:00 PM

Sep 2013
the people who made this shit are super dumb for not giving us like idk at least a 30 second reunion of both MCs... lazy asses leaving no closure
Nov 18, 2019 8:34 PM

Mar 2012
The ending was....idk. Show was great but there's alot of head scratching choices here. Why have Hyakkimaru spare Tahomaru just to have him and his mother die anyway? I didn't see the necessity of the prostestic maker dying either...that felt random and out of place.

For that matter....why was the father who was basically the entire reason for the plot such a background character? Seemed so weird to push for a fight between the sons and have a random off screen war that you don't even know what the resolution of the conflict was.

Why was the father not Hyakkimarus final fight? If you are going to end the show anyway with the man responsible for it all near death anyway, why not just do that?

Like I said, great show.....but not so good resolution to said show.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 5, 2019 7:49 PM

May 2010
Wtf? Tahomaru could've lived if his mom dragged his body out. So basically Daigo's land is screwed is what I am understanding.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 12, 2019 5:50 PM

Jan 2009
Those three didn't have to die, it's like they chose to for no reason! Especially the guy who raised Hyakkimaru, why's he even here? It also bothers me that Hyakkimaru and Dororo weren't even fazed by their death, as if they didn't give a crap, the show is full of these bizarrely directed scenes.

It was hard to sympathize with Tahoumaru and his subordinates, even though the show spent screen time trying to make us care, I just couldn't, if only they gave Tahoumaru a better motive to fight Hyakkimaru other than "my mom always thinks about him, boohoo".

Anyway, regardless of its flaws this is one of the best shows of the year, it's neither better nor worse than I expected, the story is interesting (reminds me of Berserk), the characters are likeable (Hyakkimaru and Dororo only), the ending is satisfying, and the fight scenes are cool, overall I give it 8/10.
Jan 9, 2020 1:43 PM

Jan 2015
Very good show, but I feel the second half was not as good as first.
7/10
Jan 11, 2020 9:20 PM
Aug 2017
This final is not memorable for dororo but is the best final that we can see after the lost of quality that this show suffer in their develop. i am not disapointed and that is good. The cast fix their most important mistakes.
7/10
Jan 24, 2020 10:04 AM

Nov 2018
I think a season 2 wouldn’t be right for this anime mostly because the story is finished and there’s nothing more to add. However I think an OVA would be pretty good, maybe showing what Dororo and Hyakkimaru do after this.
Jan 30, 2020 10:45 AM

Sep 2019
The ending was superb, he came back to dororo at the end. 8/10
Jan 31, 2020 7:11 PM
Dec 2017
I was so proud of Hyakkimaru choosing not to kill Tahomaru who later forfeits the eyes anyway. This show is at its best when it focuses on Hyakkimaru and his family. And Dororo is waifu material when she's all grown up.

Did Niu, Jukai, and Tahomaru really die at the end? :/
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2019

143 by Chlatra »»
Mar 20, 7:38 AM

» What do you think about the dub

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 12

8 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Mar 12, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2019

180 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Mar 12, 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.