Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Are you satisfied with the basement reveal?
Yes
90.8%
No
9.2%
217 votes
Jun 23, 2019 8:39 PM
Feb 2018
Back in season 1 of Attack on Titan, a major objective is set for Eren and the survey corps: To get to the basement in order to seek the truth. After 6 long years for anime watchers, the truth is finally revealed starting from episode 7. Looking back at the long journey to get to this moment, do you think the truth is worth all the wait? Are you satisfied with the reveal?
Jun 23, 2019 8:42 PM

Jan 2009
ye and i just realize the Paths is similar to the idea of quantum entanglement that everything is connected (be it space and time) so it adds more to the enjoyment

Entangled Quantum Particles Can "Communicate" Through Time
https://curiosity.com/topics/entangled-quantum-particles-can-communicate-through-time-curiosity/
Jun 23, 2019 8:43 PM

Oct 2013
You could literally go in the episode discussion poll and find the answer, which is a astounding yes to many.

deg said:
ye and i just realize the Paths is similar to the idea of quantum entanglement that everything is connected (be it space and time) so it adds more to the enjoyment

https://curiosity.com/topics/entangled-quantum-particles-can-communicate-through-time-curiosity/

Interesting, I will check this out. Thanks!
keragammingJun 23, 2019 8:49 PM
Jun 23, 2019 9:24 PM

Jan 2009
keragamming said:

deg said:

Interesting, I will check this out. Thanks!

Isayama maybe a fan of physics stuff too lol

its even an ongoing physics problem too
Solving hard quantum problems—everything is connected
https://phys.org/news/2016-01-hard-quantum-problemseverything.html

and btw i googled earlier if this idea of mine is new but nah others like on reddit already mention quantum entanglement stuff link to the Paths like this one 5 months ago https://www.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/aa1pjk/manga_spoilers_the_purpose_of_paths/ecohpoe/
Jun 23, 2019 9:30 PM

Mar 2019
It's too good, i ended up reading until the latest chapters.

Jun 23, 2019 10:09 PM

May 2016
Since I know what will happen afterwards, no. After 28 chapters of the latest arcs (chapters 91-118), I can say that Isayama can't handle the new storylines properly. It was a mistake from him to "change" the show's fantasy elements into scientific elements. He was better in fantasy. The scientific side of AoT brought serious logical issues into the story.
-
Jun 23, 2019 10:30 PM

Oct 2013
@SheevPalpatine

Op wasn't asking you if you like what comes after the basement reveal, he was asking if you like the basement reveal

Jesus, if you want to rant about how this new direction is bad, make a thread on it in the manga section

And I disagree with that statement. Season 4 arc is considered by many including myself as the best arc in the entire series, but so is life, not everyone will be pleased with the new direction.
Jun 25, 2019 1:05 AM

Apr 2013
I am very statisfied with the reveal. It made no sense to me why Grisha would know so much about the titans in season 1, that there would actually be something valuable in that basement. But his backstory made perfect sense to me and a lot of questions were answered in a logical way.

I'm not a fan of this new kind of "setting" with them fighting another nation so far, but I can see how it could work out.
Jun 25, 2019 1:44 AM
Jan 2018
keragamming said:
@SheevPalpatine

Op wasn't asking you if you like what comes after the basement reveal, he was asking if you like the basement reveal

Jesus, if you want to rant about how this new direction is bad, make a thread on it in the manga section

And I disagree with that statement. Season 4 arc is considered by many including myself as the best arc in the entire series, but so is life, not everyone will be pleased with the new direction.

which parts where scientific again ?
Jun 25, 2019 10:18 AM

May 2016
keragamming said:
@SheevPalpatine

I've just made that thread in this moment.

Mattinator95 said:
keragamming said:
@SheevPalpatine

which parts where scientific again ?

Read my thread in the manga forum section.
-
Jun 25, 2019 10:38 AM
Jun 2019
Yeah absolutely. For years I've been speculating the backstory behind the Titans and it was my main reason for watching(other then Levi ofc) and the basement reveal gave a reasonably believable explanation. Also within a span of few episodes the show has transitioned from a seemingly dystopian, post-apocalyptic setting into a fantasy,civilization and war-like setting.
It was exciting to note that there is a whole world of people outside wall Maria as all the previous episodes kept saying 'the last humans have taken shelter behind the walls'. Although ill admit it that it felt slightly retconned to me.
Jun 25, 2019 11:25 AM

Oct 2013
I was satisfied. While I expected there might be hidden informations about other clusters of human population, but on the other hand I didn't expect that much of new things we learned from Grisha's notes.
It was definitely worth of sending so many soldiers to Shiganshima even if only to see what was hidden in that basement.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.