Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Some changes to the BD/DVD release schedule of "One Punch Man" S2. Each volume has been postponed for about 2 months for various reasons

New
Jun 23, 2019 8:29 PM

Jan 2009
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1142995993576611840

they gonna (heavily) fix the animation right? not just the usual fix for BD releases

EDIT:

AnimeNewsNetwork reported it now too https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-06-24/one-punch-man-season-2-anime-home-video-releases-delayed-2-months-in-japan/.148218
degJun 24, 2019 2:18 AM
Jun 24, 2019 3:35 PM

Apr 2016
While I'd like OPM 2 to actually look good, I really don't want those animators wasting away months of their lives having to redo and complete these damn sequences. They've been through enough hell.
Jun 24, 2019 5:31 PM
Jul 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
While I'd like OPM 2 to actually look good, I really don't want those animators wasting away months of their lives having to redo and complete these damn sequences. They've been through enough hell.

yeah i feel sorry for them for sure but their previous work won't be wasted so that's a good thing at least it'll be like they achieved something instead of nothing
Jun 24, 2019 5:38 PM

Apr 2016
todd2580 said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

yeah i feel sorry for them for sure but their previous work won't be wasted so that's a good thing at least it'll be like they achieved something instead of nothing
I mean, the legacy of OPM 2 is stained forever, even if they do fix it later on. It honestly wouldn't even be worth it since it's not like the series would look good even if they cleaned it up and filled in the cuts in unfinished gaps.
Jun 25, 2019 5:32 AM
Jul 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
todd2580 said:

I mean, the legacy of OPM 2 is stained forever, even if they do fix it later on. It honestly wouldn't even be worth it since it's not like the series would look good even if they cleaned it up and filled in the cuts in unfinished gaps.

let's wait and see they might planned something just in case if they got more time to fix the issues for the blu-ray release also the name of OPM won't be damaged that much and at least the animators won't be blamed that much about its issues
Jun 25, 2019 5:48 AM

Apr 2016
todd2580 said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

let's wait and see they might planned something just in case if they got more time to fix the issues for the blu-ray release also the name of OPM won't be damaged that much and at least the animators won't be blamed that much about its issues
They'd also have to change the director and the entire color pallet of the show, and even then, JC Staff's name has already been dragged through the mud, and people here are already blaimg both the studio and its animators (the ones who know better blame the mismanagement and scheduling but not everyone here does that). OPM 1's name ain't hurt much, but S2 will go down as one of the most disappointing anime sequels of the decade.
Jun 25, 2019 6:02 AM
Jul 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
todd2580 said:

They'd also have to change the director and the entire color pallet of the show, and even then, JC Staff's name has already been dragged through the mud, and people here are already blaimg both the studio and its animators (the ones who know better blame the mismanagement and scheduling but not everyone here does that). OPM 1's name ain't hurt much, but S2 will go down as one of the most disappointing anime sequels of the decade.

not really though at least they tried to hold the story and some moments of the season which it's a good thing itself not anime that have these situations could do that because we were might didn't get that so be thankful for what we having at least and stop be illusived with S1 it's your fault for make your expectations higher because it might be not like it but appreciate what we having instead for considering we didn't get anything from it :\
Jun 25, 2019 6:04 AM
Jul 2016
also the director isn't bad it's the result of alot of factors and actually i think the OVA of his previous directorial debut is the reason for OPM S2's postponement of the production schedule
Jun 25, 2019 6:06 AM
Jun 25, 2019 7:03 AM

Apr 2016
todd2580 said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

not really though at least they tried to hold the story and some moments of the season which it's a good thing itself not anime that have these situations could do that because we were might didn't get that so be thankful for what we having at least and stop be illusived with S1 it's your fault for make your expectations higher because it might be not like it but appreciate what we having instead for considering we didn't get anything from it :\
I mean, I couldn't give a fuck if they tried keeping it faithful to the story when they present it so terrible and when the writing itself is mediocre at best. I bet the writing in the manga's bad too. My expectations weren't even high for this piece of shit, and it still failed to meet them. I can't appreciate incompetence, nor can I appreciate a product that really highlights how bad a production cycle can be. The director wasn't suited to the project given his previous directorial work and general lack of experience in that front, and the abysmal production cycle they had to work with only made things worse.
Jun 25, 2019 9:14 AM
Jul 2016
CodeBlazeFate said:
todd2580 said:

I mean, I couldn't give a fuck if they tried keeping it faithful to the story when they present it so terrible and when the writing itself is mediocre at best. I bet the writing in the manga's bad too. My expectations weren't even high for this piece of shit, and it still failed to meet them. I can't appreciate incompetence, nor can I appreciate a product that really highlights how bad a production cycle can be. The director wasn't suited to the project given his previous directorial work and general lack of experience in that front, and the abysmal production cycle they had to work with only made things worse.

i felt he could do it just needs time natsumi needed time too to do S1 like it was so i think Sakurai will do something if it was given time they were both animators before so it's not hard and Natsumi was just lucky that's all having all those talented animators while Sakurai doesn't have that but at least he's having Aoki and some decent animators too he lacks of experience in working in these situation unlike natsumi but at least he's doing fine it's safe but for better
Jun 25, 2019 11:27 AM

Apr 2014
Nothing they do will bring it up to Season 1's level but there are a few key scenes they could re-animate to improve. Garou hitting Metal Bat with his Kamehameha-looking attack being one of them.
Jun 25, 2019 1:42 PM
Apr 2016
Still could not see much of a problem with this season. Maybe I am not too focused on moving pictures, but actually on the essence behind them, silly me... Either way hopefully there won't any damage to 3rd season's possibilities of becoming great.
Re:formed

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.