Forum Settings
Forums

Basic Game V2: Phantom of the Opera | Game Over - Town Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (103) « First ... « 101 102 [103]
Jul 22, 2019 6:52 PM

Jan 2016
Assuming cantrip flips town are you just all in on dias?

I got a lot of micro town tells out of shin this phase but his macro still sucks lol
Jul 22, 2019 6:58 PM

May 2019
Crossbell said:
Assuming cantrip flips town are you just all in on dias?

I got a lot of micro town tells out of shin this phase but his macro still sucks lol
probably not, Im going to keep re-evaluating the game, after each step, outside you and marluxion

Jul 22, 2019 9:02 PM

Nov 2018
Hey, when I saw I was hammered I asked Osie if he wanted me to wait until he announced it. He said I could go ahead, but I didn't see his response until now.

I was scum (jailer). Good game, all.
Jul 22, 2019 9:06 PM

Jan 2016
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jul 22, 2019 9:09 PM

Jan 2016
Jul 22, 2019 9:11 PM

Jan 2016
GGs man

Think you played quite well given the hand you were dealt

Interested to see rationale for NK decisions and the decision to bus logic Yesterday over switching to me
Jul 22, 2019 9:19 PM

Nov 2018
A huge thank you to @osieorb18 for a fun game and his patience--probably too much--when it came to me taking so long to participate.

Strong congrats to @Crossbell, @Nibio, @Marluxion, @aa-dono, and @Jackrito for strong town play, constant evaluation and insight, and relentless effort.

Thanks to @logic340, @Roz1roz, and @MoodBooster for being good teammates, and apologies for not putting as much effort into this as I wanted to.

I felt like what won the game here was the interaction scrutiny. When players were real-timing and going from feels and gut, it seemed like it was a little easier to fool people, but when Cross and dono started really looking at how scum interacted (or didn't), it was harder to hide.

Speaking of which, I'm sure people are curious about the NK choices. The modkills N1--while understandable--were a pretty solid kick in the teeth. Not only did we lose our most active player, but the town player that "evened things out" certainly wouldn't have been a high pick for NKs, so we were pretty demoralized from the get-go. And then Marl mangled our second most active player instead of taking out Dias.

So Logic and I sorta shrugged and decided to see how far we could get by just shooting into the PoE. We knew it would probably end poorly for us, but I don't really think we would have gotten much further going the other way. I think if I had actually put in the legwork and done the Logic interaction analysis that I wanted to do (before Dono did it, with some slant to make myself look better), I probably could have guaranteed Shin's lynch and *maybe* one more to make it to f3, but probably not.

That said, the town confusion was WAAAAAAAAAAY worth the gambit. I lol'd. A lot. I hope if nothing else, it helped make this game memorable. :)
Jul 22, 2019 9:21 PM

Nov 2018
Crossbell said:
Interested to see rationale for NK decisions and the decision to bus logic Yesterday over switching to me
I seriously didn't think anyone would actually buy me turning on you, and I had pocketed you so handily (before you wised up and actually looked at the interactions), it just felt like a waste of effort. ;)
Jul 22, 2019 9:21 PM

Dec 2013
smh lol

Jul 22, 2019 9:22 PM

Dec 2013
@cantripmancer well played the way mafia shot it made me suspect town prs.

Jul 22, 2019 9:22 PM

May 2019
@crossbell
gg friend, your play helped give me insight on how to look at things in all my future games

@cantripmancer
<3

Jul 22, 2019 9:27 PM

Aug 2012
gg everyone.

Thank you scum team too for being fun to play with ^^

Thanks Osie for hosting. It was fun

Jul 22, 2019 9:28 PM

Feb 2019
gg bois
knew nibio and cross were town all along xd
it's not mafia if you dont give someone an aneurysm tho
Jul 22, 2019 9:32 PM

Jan 2016
Yeah, the two posts from Logic where he townread one buddy and scumread the other one was real clutch in order to solve the game

Then dono came in with the GOAT interaction analysis on Day 5 to seal things up

Honestly everything went wrong for you guys and you guys still put in a solid performance IMO. The modkills were absolutely brutal for you guys, and everyone in the PoE claimed a power role. Marluxion shot roz which was huge. Plus, the fact that Mood basically cleared a bunch of townies after their death (and barely interacted with you guys) was not great at all for you guys

Shooting into the PoE was certainly a decision that made me quite paranoid but I think staying focused and logical really helped things out, rather than succumb to the wine

And yeah, if you posted more, it was going to be really hard to catch you, Cantrip. As I mentioned in the game, your scum play was really slick. The fact that I couldn't figure you out at all from your posts/mindset, and had to solely resort to how other scum interacted with you/PoE, signifies of how well you played this game

Jul 22, 2019 9:35 PM

Nov 2018
Oh, and Nibio, that D1 frustration felt real because it WAS real. I still don't understand how you go from "I 95% KNOW without a doubt that Dias is scum, never backing down, no brakes" to "oh, I think I'll vote this other slot for no reason other than that this other guy said so"... *shrug* I would have been on you for that no matter my alignment.

Still, <3 right back atcha.

Cross, thanks for that. I felt like I did pretty good for not having read 2/3's of the game. XD
Jul 23, 2019 12:42 AM

Jul 2016
Final Day 5 Votecount

Cantripmancer (4) - Shinichi-Kun, Marluxion, Nibio, Crossbell
Shinichi-Kun (2) - AlbertinoDias, Cantripmancer

Not voting: aa-dono

It is now Twilight!
Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

- WB Yeats
Jul 23, 2019 12:42 AM

Jul 2016
Game Over

"My god who is this man,
who hunts to kill?

I can't escape from him...
I never will!

And in this labyrinth
Where night is blind...
THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA IS HERE
INSIDE MY MIND."

Cantripmancer was lynched. He was Monsieur Firmin, SCUM Jailkeeper.

TOWN has won the game. Congratulations!

@Shinichi-Kun @Marluxion @Karote @Nibio @Crossbell @NewG @AlbertinoDias @EyehAsherEyeh @Jackrito @aa-dono @Tainted

@yurkin

@logic340 @Cantripmancer @roz1roz

Thanks for playing!

Notes to follow.

- WB Yeats
Jul 23, 2019 12:44 AM

Sep 2015
Well GG guys

This the last game in this site?
Jul 23, 2019 12:51 AM

Feb 2019
Tainted said:
Well GG guys

I hope
Jul 23, 2019 5:31 AM

Oct 2013
This game taught me that you don't have to do anything as town and still be townread. Noted.
<3
Jul 23, 2019 6:16 AM

Jan 2010
What a game.....
Shout out to @Osieorb18 for host another fun game!! I always seem to have phone issues when I role scum in your games(I blame you) but I made it through this time.
@Togs and @D_V thanks for your efforts with the VCs.
It was not my intention to miss that much of day 1. I was actually about to turn on mood when nibio decided to town read him. Those reads on mood were quite confusing. I entered D2 dejected and by the start of D3 when Roz died I decided to just try and make things fun.
@cantripmancer @moodbooster @roz1roz it was a joy playing with you guys. I have learned a lot watching how the three of you approach being mafia.

@ town gg your core was strong. Maybe killing cross and nibio would have been better for us but leaving them alive sure made things interesting.
@crossbell your case on me was near perfect....good job man you’re a scary town as always. You really helped us with that d2 massclaim tho
@nibio you’re wisp....fuck you’re wisp....I couldn’t unsee it.
@NewG your train was all town. I was sad to see that.
@aa-Dono I thought I had you pocketed you did good in re-evaluating me.

I think I used my role to the best of my ability
My night actions:
N0-checked dono no tracker
N2-checked eyes 2s vanilla cop
N3-checked marl 1s vig
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jul 23, 2019 6:43 AM

Jul 2009
Hope now Dias get why I thought he's scum with Cantrip

Tainted said:
Well GG guys

Hope not
Jul 23, 2019 8:05 AM

May 2019
NewG said:
This game taught me that you don't have to do anything as town and still be townread. Noted.
no, if that's what you got from this game, then idk what to tell you
Jul 23, 2019 9:53 AM

Jul 2016
yurkin said:

Tainted said:
Well GG guys

Hope not

he who? xD
Jul 23, 2019 10:43 AM

Jul 2009
AlbertinoDias said:
yurkin said:

Hope not

he who? xD

you
Jul 23, 2019 10:45 AM

Jul 2016
yurkin said:
AlbertinoDias said:

he who? xD

you

totally not xD sorry
Jul 23, 2019 11:32 AM

Jan 2010
Cantripmancer said:
Greetings and salutations. I see a few familiar faces, but mostly unfamiliars. I think I will go with...

Vote: Logic

Number of games played on MAL: 2

Number of those games where Logic was scum: 2

Hark. A pattern emerges.
I hope you will get to see my town game next time.
3 games with you 3x scum.
0-3 in these games too.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jul 23, 2019 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
Nibio said:
NewG said:
no, if that's what you got from this game, then idk what to tell you

Idk I haven't really read the game much after D2. But just D2 alone was really bad cause scum did nothing on that day lol. I'm also sick of inactives and non-committal players in general, it happens too often and I will never ever put this much energy into a mafia game ever again. If you guys don't care then why should I?

Edit: Shinichi, Karote and Tainted were town, so yes that is totally what I got from this game
GwendollyJul 23, 2019 1:47 PM
<3
Jul 23, 2019 3:25 PM

Mar 2019
GG! Well done townies, and sorry for my crappy reads. My town hunt wasn't on point ^^;
still why the hell did you lynch gwen

Also, there's a game on my homesite that could use some replacements; if you'd like to hop in, PM me!
Mafia is love, mafia is lies
Aug 8, 2019 5:20 PM

Jul 2016
Phantom Post-Game Thoughts

This game was a couple years in the making. I was originally planning to run this on MTGS. One inspiration was Ecophagy's Low Fantasy.

Any game in which modkills have to occur is frustrating as a host. I had to switch the roles between Cantrip and Mood to keep the game sanctity intact, and I think it still wasn't ideal, pushing the game into Town's favour not insignificantly, unfortunately.

The flavour came through some despite myself being busy. I wanted to amp it up with the votecounts, but that wasn't realistic once I couldn't post most of them.

Many thanks to @Togs and @DV for their assistance and to the players for playing the game.

More thoughts of a sort in Post-Game for the 5th Anniversary Ultimate Reboot.

@Shinichi-Kun @Marluxion @GoRabbitAsap @Nibio @Crossbell @NewG @AlbertinoDias @EyehAsherEyeh @Jackrito @aa-dono @Tainted @yurkin @logic340 @Cantripmancer @roz1roz @phxntomhiveghoul @Geyde @poison_chan @Floofs @Pyromaani

- WB Yeats
Aug 8, 2019 9:01 PM

Jul 2016
Also @Crossbell for Town MVP and @Cantripmancer for Scum MVP.

- WB Yeats
Aug 8, 2019 9:05 PM

Jan 2016
osieorb18 said:
Also @Crossbell for Town MVP and @Cantripmancer for Scum MVP.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (103) « First ... « 101 102 [103]

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.