Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jul 11, 2019 8:13 PM

Jul 2013
Damn that was again a lot of informations about the past and what Grisha and Krueger talked about afterwards. It's crazy to think that someone who becomes one of the 9 titans dies 13 years later. And Eren remembers everything about these days.

I can understand Mikasa. She doesn't want Eren to die especially because he became way earlier a titan as Armin for example. I really had to laugh when Hanji was harassing Eren with her questions. :D

I also don't really get what happened when Historia was reading Ymirs letter. She saw Ymirs past, but why? A lot of people here mentioned that even manga readers don't know anything about it.

What Eren found out during the audience could be true. And he's also right about not to say anything about it because Historia could be in trouble then.

That ending was definitely confusing at first with Krueger mentioning Mikasa and Armin. But I saw some people writing about it here, so that explained it better for me.

Can't believe there's only 1 episode left. ;_;

Jul 14, 2019 9:31 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa so Shingeki no Kyojin literally means Attack Titan which is Eren's titan's name!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 16, 2019 10:27 AM

May 2016
Finding out that every Eldian that ever existed are connected by the Coordinate in one way or another was very interesting but what really blew my mind was Eren the Owl sharing younger Eren Jaeger's will to rescue his friends even though they only existed decades into the future.

Ymir continues to be a complete mystery even to Historia but touching that letter somehow managed to transmit her memories to her too. It's a good thing that he didn't blurt out the one condition to make him use the power of the Coordinate because if he did, the Queen would amount to nothing more than a labrat after that.

Jul 19, 2019 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
The hell was that about Mikasa and Armin?
Jul 22, 2019 12:44 PM

Mar 2015
The sky in this episode was GORGEOUS.
Jul 22, 2019 10:42 PM
Dec 2018
i was wondering Why did Kruger Say Save Mikasa & Armin.
But it was a Good Episode, From Grisha's Point of View
Jul 23, 2019 2:11 PM
Nov 2017
I haven't read the manga so the ending of this episode made me confused xD
But bruhh this season has by far been my favourite
Jul 24, 2019 5:51 PM
Jul 2014
I'm confused. This is the THICKEST plot I've EVER seen oml

Is Eren the Attack Titan or the Founding Titan? Or is he both???
Jul 24, 2019 7:29 PM

Oct 2013
Sylvia_Beau019 said:

He has both the attack titan and the founding titan.
Jul 27, 2019 7:54 AM
Jul 2014
keragamming said:
Sylvia_Beau019 said:

He has both the attack titan and the founding titan.

Thank you for answering my question! ^^
Jul 29, 2019 1:20 AM

Dec 2018
The show seems like to portray that Ymir is the Founding Titan.

And still not seeing anything special about Eren's titan form in other words the Attack Titan, probably the fire form when he fight Annie in S1. Also not seeing anything special about Annie's titan. Probably will be explained on the final season.

I was thinking this might turned out like Steins Gate. But I guess no.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 13, 2019 3:36 PM

May 2014
Is there a point to this dude knowing of stuff from the future, or was it meant to just be a cool moment? Definitely seemed unnecessary and kind of immersion-breaking
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Aug 13, 2019 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
Phenomanan said:
Is there a point to this dude knowing of stuff from the future, or was it meant to just be a cool moment? Definitely seemed unnecessary and kind of immersion-breaking
Phenomanan said:
there's a point definitely.
Aug 18, 2019 7:04 PM

Oct 2014
I'm a little confused about the Mikasa and Armin thing that Kruger said at the end...
perhaps... that "connection" thing allowed Eren's memories to transcend time and space?
If there's an actual explanation for that I'd be grateful for it, I'm either too dumb to understand or forgot important things >_> (or, well, there's no explanation just yet which seems like the most likely thing xD)
Aug 18, 2019 8:24 PM

Aug 2019
Phenomanan said:

Isayama doesn't really add things into the plot if it's not going to be relevant later on.
Aug 26, 2019 11:48 AM

Mar 2017
Man.. there's been so much to take in the last few episodes. Mind blowing stuff! This just might be turning into one of my favourite series.

I'm also kinda glad I left this for a while so I can just watch each episode at my own leisure. Waiting a week for each installment must've been long.
Aug 29, 2019 7:41 PM

Sep 2008
Florent3571 said:
Probably one of the best title drop out there.

Word.

This show steadily climbed from a 7/10 in the first half of the first season to a solid 9/10 for me in season 3 Part 2.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Aug 30, 2019 3:42 PM

Feb 2019
I'm sure this is an important episode, but I just cant understand most of these plot points. For example, why did Historia feel strange and have that vision when she read the letter?

smh
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Nov 17, 2019 6:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Another beautiful episode, only one left...
Jan 5, 2020 4:43 PM

Aug 2014
finaly some answers...
but the again what was that with hi saying to save mikasa and armin... is it just that Eren memories are all messed up?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 6, 2020 2:26 AM

Sep 2019
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
finaly some answers...
but the again what was that with hi saying to save mikasa and armin... is it just that Eren memories are all messed up?
did u skipped episode 8??
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 12, 2020 1:28 AM

Aug 2018
Fucking mindblown dude

So Eren only have 8 years to live if its true i hope he live longer so he get to marry Mikasa and they will have OP child.

Now i get it why this series was highy rated its really fucking good the story is just amazing one of the best out there truly a masterpiece.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Feb 8, 2020 8:36 AM
Aug 2011
soooo... thinking back, the capsule Eren ate, which wrote "armor"...above the 9 titan ability, you can also get other extra features?? .. they say you take titan spinal fluid, inject it -> dumb titan.
ok, but where do you get the titan fluid? from a dumb titan or a shifter? do they make "feature capsules" from shifters? can you just accumulate titan features through capsules? ...and what actually happens if someone has all 9 titans ? what if a non-shifter takes a "feature capsule"? what if you inject a non-Eldian? what if you inject a shifter? o_O

the random baby inheriting a titan if it's not passed on: HOW DOES THAT WORK? can you imagine, you have a sweet little baby and suddenly poof...she is now a titan? also in this case a baby does not need to be a dumb titan first to turn into a shifter...but they will die when they are 13, maybe not even ever knowing they have a titan ability? How do you utilize a titan in a young kid in the first place? a toddler titan? or do they just not get the titan until they are X years old and before that time the titan is dormant?
What kind of titans are in the freaking wall, dumb or something else????? :O I have 99 questions here....
>o<
(if you spoil me with the manga the Furies will come for you)
Feb 8, 2020 1:43 PM
Sep 2018
KitKatze said:
soooo... thinking back, the capsule Eren ate, which wrote "armor"...above the 9 titan ability, you can also get other extra features?? .. they say you take titan spinal fluid, inject it -> dumb titan.
ok, but where do you get the titan fluid? from a dumb titan or a shifter? do they make "feature capsules" from shifters? can you just accumulate titan features through capsules? ...and what actually happens if someone has all 9 titans ? what if a non-shifter takes a "feature capsule"? what if you inject a non-Eldian? what if you inject a shifter? o_O

the random baby inheriting a titan if it's not passed on: HOW DOES THAT WORK? can you imagine, you have a sweet little baby and suddenly poof...she is now a titan? also in this case a baby does not need to be a dumb titan first to turn into a shifter...but they will die when they are 13, maybe not even ever knowing they have a titan ability? How do you utilize a titan in a young kid in the first place? a toddler titan? or do they just not get the titan until they are X years old and before that time the titan is dormant?
What kind of titans are in the freaking wall, dumb or something else????? :O I have 99 questions here....
>o<

1. That capsule was under Reiss family's possession, and these things might have been passed on to them from generations, but I don't think you can possess every other shifters abilities by just having capsule of that ability, it might be only hardening ability which every shifter can wield, upto certain extent that is, by either getting it from capsule or they naturally have that ability.

2. Spinal fluid, inject it in a subject of Ymir and you get a dumb titan. No other race will become titan on being injected except only subjects of Ymir. How do you get titan fluid, most likely from shifters, however as far as I can remember it was never explicitly mentioned.

3. Eren already has 2 titans as of now, and he can use both's abilities, so someone possessing all 9 powers is possible and they will be equal to founder Ymir.

4. Why would you inject a shifter, its pointless, however, if you do, I don't think it will do anything since they already have titan powers.

5. Random baby inheriting a titan if it's not passed on works through paths through which every single subject of Ymir is connected and which are not visible to humans, you can think of it as an entirely separate dimension not visible to humans, however, learning exact mechanism of how it works is pointless as its a fantasy world and not sci-fi where you need scientific explanation for things, and neither does it contributes towards themes of the show. It is just a mechanism that works in the way we are told is all we need to know, though, you will certainly learn more in next season.

6. As of now we don't know of a case when a shifter died without passing their powers, however, if they do, any random baby who is yet to be born and is a subject of Ymir will possess it, but they are not going to suddenly turn into a titan, because first, they need a wound, which they might get, but they also need a strong intent which is highly unlikely, but if even that happens then yeah boom they will turn into a titan.
Yes in this case baby doesn't have to be mindless titan first.
Yes, they can die in 13 years never knowing that they were a shifter, it can be a possible case. But most likely it will be noticed because if they get hurt their wounds will heal and at some time the healing and smoke will be noticed. There is no mention of any cutoff age, so age is no bar.

7. Wall titans are all mindless titans.
zerotitanFeb 8, 2020 11:07 PM
Feb 9, 2020 12:53 AM
Aug 2011
[quote=zerotitan message=59105248]
KitKatze said:

1. ......

These are poetic questions in hopes other anime viewers can contemplate with me
There are no spoilers in these answer? ...
Feb 9, 2020 11:07 AM
Sep 2018
[quote=KitKatze message=59107887]
zerotitan said:
KitKatze said:

1. ......

These are poetic questions in hopes other anime viewers can contemplate with me
There are no spoilers in these answer? ...

Nope, no spoiler at all. Everything I said was from anime only perspective.
Mar 24, 2020 12:32 PM

Nov 2008
lmao @ everyone assuming Eren is a going through chuuni phase. And that title drop, lol, you could say he really was... the Attack Titan.

On a more serious note, i'm confused about how i should feel about that huge setting exposition. The most important question is which side am i supposed to root for now when both their versions of history (the eldians oppressing others and them being oppressed) weren't proven to be true? Was the king's decision to shut his nation behind the walls only driven by his laziness & incompetence or there is more to that? Would be disappointed if it will turn out strictly black/white with one side being in the right and the other in the wrong.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Mar 28, 2020 5:59 PM

Mar 2019
I just realized at the end when he said to save Mikasa and Armin he was seeing the future of Eren because that is what the FT does.
May 20, 2020 6:49 PM

Dec 2010
Funseco said:
Theres also the time loop theory
the anime cut half of this part in the first episode of the first season
see these 2 panels from chapter 1
Wha-a-a-a-a-a-at, how could the author not advise them against that. I was going to say that even before reading your comment, but this could possibly be the single best title when it comes to (amount of)foreshadowing and payoffs. My memory is hazy right now, but someone could point me to things I haven't yet seen/read.

I don't know why Historia looks so stunning with her new haircut, I guess that the combination with her giant eyes contributes to that as well. Mikasa also had adorable scenes this time around, probably the first time you hear me say it.
May 20, 2020 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
Meritas said:
Funseco said:
Theres also the time loop theory
the anime cut half of this part in the first episode of the first season
see these 2 panels from chapter 1
Wha-a-a-a-a-a-at, how could the author not advise them against that. I was going to say that even before reading your comment, but this could possibly be the single best title when it comes to (amount of)foreshadowing and payoffs. My memory is hazy right now, but someone could point me to things I haven't yet seen/read.

I don't know why Historia looks so stunning with her new haircut, I guess that the combination with her giant eyes contributes to that as well. Mikasa also had adorable scenes this time around, probably the first time you hear me say it.

It was replace with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Xhyizosl8 start at 3:41. Most of the dialogue stayed from in the manga except for the long hair part, but this even gave even more blatant hint in the anime than the manga.

Also the tile for the first episode as well.

May 21, 2020 10:45 AM

Dec 2010
keragamming said:
It was replace with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Xhyizosl8 start at 3:41. Most of the dialogue stayed from in the manga except for the long hair part, but this even gave even more blatant hint in the anime than the manga.

Thank you, your timestamp actually turned into a rabbit hole and I started re-watching the key moments of the past seasons for hours. At least personally it's a completely different anime just after the last few episodes of Season 3, which kind of reinforces the reason why I scored Season 1 so low, as nearly no mystery was solved for over 3 years, and the foreshadows don't work quite as well with such big gaps in production. I will have to actually reevaluate everything before this point, especially Season 1.
Jun 2, 2020 4:40 PM

Aug 2014
Peeti said:
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
finaly some answers...

No, tell me what I didn't notice.
How that guy knew about memories of saving Mikasa and Armin while they were not born yet.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 7, 2020 8:31 PM

May 2019
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
Peeti said:

No, tell me what I didn't notice.
How that guy knew about memories of saving Mikasa and Armin while they were not born yet.

don't worry everything gonna be explained in season 4
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Jun 11, 2020 6:56 AM

Oct 2019
Ohh damn..so many more details revealed and so many more questions pop up..just excellent..

Most of the pending dots which were put in place all those years back have been connected and I am mind blown as to how eye opening these plot points are..

Nicely done indeed..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jun 18, 2020 8:25 AM
Jun 2019
Holy shit these last couple episodes have been fucking phenomenal what the actually fuck is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 2, 2020 10:48 AM

Apr 2020
So, if I'm understanding right.... they can have glimpses of future memories!?!?!
Deep down, we all have trash taste
Aug 4, 2020 4:56 PM

Mar 2019
Bruh, these 2 last episodes were crowded with information.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 16, 2020 7:46 PM
May 2020
Mindblowing. So much shit to think about and so much information to put together.

The philosophy in Kruger and Grisha is really good, both are amazing characters.

Eren and Armin are cursed now, and Eren is really rambling, this shit will not end well... poor Mikasa, she deserves a better final.

Hange is still a silly girl, nice to see that.
Aug 25, 2020 5:51 PM

Feb 2019
The Titan's coordinate transcends space, and time too? Hot damn.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 4, 2020 11:57 AM

Mar 2016
Did Historia get some kind of telepathic orgasm of memories what the fuck? This is not in the manga.

Eren touching his other mother in titan form who is also a Fritz royal bloodline allows him to use the founding titan's power to command other titans. But since he's not a royal, he can't do that all by himself. Quite a nerfed ability but it's much better than having to deal with the will to renounce all war if he were to be a royal bloodline. Meanwhile, Zeke being a royal, can control other titans, but only the ones which have been injected by his own spinal fluid since he doesn't have the founding titan.

Oct 30, 2020 10:43 AM
Jun 2020
Eldians are the bad guys... Only 9 of them have consciousness the rest are mindless eating machines? Hope Marley invents nuclear weapons they're going to need them.
Nov 9, 2020 5:01 PM

Jul 2017
Curse of Ymir is pretty cool though. Eren talking about the founding titan was pretty epic. God I'm loving the endless amount of lore. I'm glad Historia got Ymir's letter <3. So Eren Kruger could see the paths. That's actually really interesting. Wonder what's going to happen in the last episode. ^^

。*✲゚*♡(o•ᴗ•o)♡*✲゚*。

Nov 14, 2020 6:56 PM

Feb 2020
these last two episodes have been very information-heavy but i'm really intrigued by it all, the whole world of this show is so detailed and so many things are starting to connect now. i almost want to go back and rewatch everything again with all this new knowledge i have haha
Nov 23, 2020 5:20 PM

Apr 2019
So the Owl just causally mentioned Mikasa and Armin's name at the end there, and that's confusing the hell outta me. Like is he seeing Eren's future memories? Which sounds pretty stupid actually now that I say it. But what did he mean by this???
Nov 23, 2020 10:42 PM
Feb 2017
keragamming said:
Meritas said:

6 months late, but holy hell this is actually insane if Isayama thought the ending of the story out from the VERY start of it. I'm way too hyped for this man, this show is absolutely GOATED.
Dec 7, 2020 3:47 AM

Apr 2020
So people who have the power of titan, the rest of their life is only 13 years.

Damn, in the last scene it made me wonder how Eren Yaeger's memory could be connected to Eren Kruger, even though Eren Yaeger was not born yet.
Dec 16, 2020 9:30 AM

Sep 2011
WTH
Don't tell me that everything was a plan of future Eren. If he sent that memory to the past it would be a really big twist.
Dec 31, 2020 11:23 AM

Aug 2018
Damn this episode is surrounded in big mystery, it would be crazy if it turned out being some sort of time loop thing because the way Eren, Mikasa and Armin were mentioned back then is a little creepy.
Jan 19, 2021 8:03 PM

May 2020
Ymir's letter! I miss Ymir so much man
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.