Forum Settings
Forums

Name the anime that doesn't deserve all hatred it's gets

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Post New Reply
Nov 14, 2019 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7402
Water-sama said:
rohan121 said:
Sword Art Online. The story is lacks realism, but realism is completely irrelevant to whether the show is entertaining or not. The worst a show can be is borring which I do not consider it borring.


If an Anime is serious and not comical, its most definitely going to need realism to be enjoyable. Obviously everything doesn't need to be realistic but, It needs to make some sense.


SAO makes more sense in the novels. A-1 Pictures was like "Oh, we don't need to explain that; everyone watching has read the novels lol".



 
Nov 14, 2019 12:40 PM

Online
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 326
@chiibi
Kirio vs Creator. Kirito dies. Supposed to be on his way to Heaven or something within 10 seconds and have his brain fried like everyone else in the game. Nope, he comes back into the game with shear determination. Dang, if only the other THOUSANDS of players had the amount of determination that it took to escape certain death.

What does it say about that in the novel? The Anime screwed it up badly.
 
Nov 14, 2019 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7402
Water-sama said:
@chiibi
Kirio vs Creator. Kirito dies. Supposed to be on his way to Heaven or something within 10 seconds and have his brain fried like everyone else in the game. Nope, he comes back into the game with shear determination. Dang, if only the other THOUSANDS of players had the amount of determination that it took to escape certain death.

What does it say about that in the novel? The Anime screwed it up badly.


Um, he didn't come back into the game with sheer determination; he stabbed Kayaba before his avatar vanished completely? If you kill Kayaba's avatar, you win and the NerveGear will not fry you. Lol. Why is that so hard for people to comprehend?



 
Nov 14, 2019 2:26 PM
El HERMANO

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1042
I will say Record of Grancrest War. People wrote it off as just another plain political fantasy show, even though as it went on it turned out to be something pretty cool.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

 
Nov 14, 2019 2:31 PM

Online
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 326
Chiibi said:
Water-sama said:
@chiibi
Kirio vs Creator. Kirito dies. Supposed to be on his way to Heaven or something within 10 seconds and have his brain fried like everyone else in the game. Nope, he comes back into the game with shear determination. Dang, if only the other THOUSANDS of players had the amount of determination that it took to escape certain death.

What does it say about that in the novel? The Anime screwed it up badly.


Um, he didn't come back into the game with sheer determination; he stabbed Kayaba before his avatar vanished completely? If you kill Kayaba's avatar, you win and the NerveGear will not fry you. Lol. Why is that so hard for people to comprehend?


He literally still died in the game.

That just shows that the scene was over-dramatized and made no sense to a whole new degree.
 
Nov 14, 2019 2:36 PM

Online
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2762
Chiibi said:
If you kill Kayaba's avatar, you win

Hidden rule?
Also isn't this avatar like unkillable? Glitch than?

Maybe Kayaba realized how pathetic is to cheat in a death game into which he forced so many innocent people. The guilt was too much and he committed suicide. This is assuming that he had some sort of conscience.
Another possibility is that he somehow realized that he will never make friends with such SAW like ways.
He must have being totally crazy in the first place, burning astronomical amounts of money on such thing as SAO and electrocution NerveGears.

Chiibi said:
Why is that so hard for people to comprehend?

Because this works only within the internal logic of the show, which is kind of broken and twisted to begin with.
 
Nov 14, 2019 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 41
For me, it will be Kimetsu no Yaiba, compared to other shounen anime KNY is very good, although it has been heavily hated because of its high popularity.
 
Nov 14, 2019 3:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7402
Water-sama said:
He literally still died in the game.

So? Everything died in the game because he ended the game.

That just shows that the scene was over-dramatized and made no sense to a whole new degree.

It only "makes no sense" if you are dumb or didn't listen to what the series told you. :/

@alshu: What's "broken and twisted" about it? I just explained it.



 
Nov 14, 2019 3:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 5629
Harem&Ecchi series, mostly. People tend to lowball and devalue them and treat them as an inherently lesser way to entertain yourself and that can translate to lower mean scores even when outsiders tend to like one of them.

 
Nov 14, 2019 3:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 981
SAO and Fairy Tail I don't like them particularly but people hate on them far too much
 
Nov 14, 2019 4:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 21
Kuzu no Honkai. Imo that show is undoubtedly the best half-seasoned title of all I've seen. Very impressive one for many reasons. But it's reputation is basically the one of hentai even though it's ecchi always was an essential part of the story and never was a fanservice - without even mentioning how cleanly all of those scenes were shown.
 
Nov 14, 2019 4:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 307
IMO
One piece ( one a victim ot the wars between shounen fans also victim of the" too much episodes" thing)
AoButa ( just look at the reviews people just hate it because it was popular )
mirai nikki ( the ending wasn't that good yet it had one of the best yandere females character ever )
shokugeki no souma ( the ending was bad but people forget how great it was at some point)
 
Nov 14, 2019 4:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 243
DYED said:
Poputepipikku.
It wasn't an anime meant for a wider audience, but just for the niece fanbase behind the Pop Team Epic manga. As expected, the fan of the manga enjoyed it (I did too), while the casual watchers left with a bitter taste in their mouths.

Heh, stuff that happens.


PopTeamEpic was amazing

I didn't know it got hate I just thought it was memed on.
 
Nov 14, 2019 4:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 175
FallenCrusader said:
Kuzu no Honkai. Imo that show is undoubtedly the best half-seasoned title of all I've seen. Very impressive one for many reasons. But it's reputation is basically the one of hentai even though it's ecchi always was an essential part of the story and never was a fanservice - without even mentioning how cleanly all of those scenes were shown.


Fully support this opinion. Kuzu no Honkai was fantastic and I wish it was longer.

I recently finished Darling in the FranXX and I've been told its so damn bad and also the Reviews of the show spoke a very negative language. I watched all of it and despite the pacing being strange and the latter half of the show turning into Gurren Lagann (based Trigger) I didn't think it's that bad. I gave it a solid 7.
Modified by KamisamaHatatan, Nov 14, 2019 5:10 PM
 
Nov 14, 2019 5:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 74
brijesh said:
Attack on titan season 3
IMO it is the best season (I haven't watched part 2 yet) but many have it as the most hated season of AOT


season 3 part 2 is the best part of attack on titan, you're in for an absolute thriller
 
Nov 14, 2019 7:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 205
Gundam seed. I really don't understand the hate at all.
 
Nov 14, 2019 7:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 437
Stuff like Goblin Slayer or the Shield Hero with their dumb controversies

 
Nov 14, 2019 7:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 196
Definitely Sword Art Online, particularly the first season.

It's just a totally average Isekai in my opinion (5/10), but that doesn't warrant all of the jokes and hate the show gets, especially because it's popularity was a major factor in popularizing the genre.
 
Nov 14, 2019 11:22 PM

Online
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 745
Issmail22Lawfy said:
IMO
One piece ( one a victim ot the wars between shounen fans also victim of the" too much episodes" thing)
AoButa ( just look at the reviews people just hate it because it was popular )
mirai nikki ( the ending wasn't that good yet it had one of the best yandere females character ever )
shokugeki no souma ( the ending was bad but people forget how great it was at some point)
People definitely underestimate how good One piece can be because of the number of episodes it has, but it's actually really fun to watch, with all the worldbuilding and diverse amount of characters, making the world feel that much more lived in.
 
Nov 15, 2019 8:46 AM

Online
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2762
Chiibi said:
What's "broken and twisted" about it?

- Like how can one organize such an elaborated deathtrap in the first place - crazy people have insane amounts of money in this world?
- The official condition to leave the game was to clear all the levels.
Not someone to clear them, this exit was (theoretical) granted only to those going through all the trials.
But suddenly if you kill the hidden immortal admin you can shut down safely the game?
How is that not broken in comparison to formal logic?


Chiibi said:
I just explained it.

Yeah, you explained this to us and we weren't impressed:
- Because it was this show's business to explain it not yours.
- It's kind of botched explanation, a quick fix, not something well planed or foreshadowed or something...



BallisticRiot said:
especially because it's popularity was a major factor in popularizing the genre.

Yeah, a genre that isn't a genre and SAO doesn't belong to anyway...
Modified by alshu, Nov 15, 2019 8:49 AM
 
Nov 15, 2019 9:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
 
Nov 15, 2019 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 236
Aldnox said:
School Days is a deconstruction of harem and romance and the reason people hate it is because it did a good job at deconstructing harem and romance, genres people are very attached to.

This one is only anime that deserves to be here
 
Nov 15, 2019 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7402
alshu said:
Chiibi said:
What's "broken and twisted" about it?

- Like how can one organize such an elaborated deathtrap in the first place - crazy people have insane amounts of money in this world?
- The official condition to leave the game was to clear all the levels.
Not someone to clear them, this exit was (theoretical) granted only to those going through all the trials.
But suddenly if you kill the hidden immortal admin you can shut down safely the game?
How is that not broken in comparison to formal logic?



I don't remember them saying Heathcliff/Kayaba was 'immortal'...just that he could alter time.




 
Nov 15, 2019 3:07 PM

Online
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2762
Chiibi said:

I don't remember them saying Heathcliff/Kayaba was 'immortal'...just that he could alter time.

OK, another not very logical thing, "god mode" not giving immortality in the game...
But even if this was somehow intended doesn't make sense to me either.
 
Nov 15, 2019 3:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 143
Jese23 said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37379/Chihayafuru_3
Getting hate for no reason


It took too long to have a season 3. That's the reason.
ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ʷᵃᶦᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᴹᵃʲᵒ ⁿᵒ ᵀᵃᵇᶦᵗᵃᵇᶦ ᵃⁿᶦᵐᵉ ˣ⁾
 
Nov 15, 2019 3:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 98
Theoderic said:
Many people will say sao but just know that they're wrong. :>



SHUTUP SAO hater!
————————————
 
Nov 15, 2019 3:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 98
SAO for sure
* * * * * * *
————————
 
Nov 15, 2019 3:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7402
xx_ibrahimd_xx said:
Theoderic said:
Many people will say sao but just know that they're wrong. :>



SHUTUP SAO hater!
————————————


What xx_ibrahimd_xx said. :>

The only part of SAO I don't like is ALO; everything else is just fine.



 
Nov 17, 2019 1:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 123
actuallyaadhi said:
brijesh said:
Attack on titan season 3
IMO it is the best season (I haven't watched part 2 yet) but many have it as the most hated season of AOT


season 3 part 2 is the best part of attack on titan, you're in for an absolute thriller
I have completed part 2 now. I totally agree with you.
I think there are many things in this world we are better off not knowing. Sometimes the truth is the cruelest thing of all. Not everyone can bear it.
 
Top
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]