Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 28, 2019 7:07 PM

Apr 2017
The ending is fulfilled with a hearthwarm probaly because bocchi can have a many friend with many unique name xd
At least I hope this series will get a second season
8/10 for the final rating
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Jun 28, 2019 7:28 PM

Sep 2016
What is wrong with the discussions here lol

Btw they still haven't explained why the teacher was so afraid of Nako or did I miss that?
Jun 29, 2019 4:38 AM

Jul 2015
I have a new Manga to read now. This was a wonderful little series, nice to see a group of girls being good friends, and it was freaking cute. This is another one I'm going to have to keep on hand for future re-watching, 8 / 10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jun 30, 2019 3:12 AM

Jul 2014
RaiRye said:
What is wrong with the discussions here lol

Pedophiles right lol.

Btw they still haven't explained why the teacher was so afraid of Nako or did I miss that?

EP 3.
Because she looks like a delinquent, even kids mistook Nako as one. Its mainly cause she has a rough look on her expressions, Aru calls her out on that and tells her she should smile like her, she does in front of Bocchi before the ep ends.
Jun 30, 2019 4:00 AM

Apr 2015
A show slightly better in concept than in practice, some very interesting characters but overall not too much great moments. Perhaps opposite to Colors which had a bland tbh setting but turned out to be an organic and genuine SOL. This started out very well but got a bit gimmicky towards the end

Still a better than average CGDCT. 5-6/10
Jul 1, 2019 3:00 AM

Oct 2015
A thoroughly enjoyable series. This was quite a refreshing take on crippling social anxiety after the horror that was Tomoko from Watamote. I also loved all the puny names. Thanks, my dude! If we never see you again I hope you make tones of life-long friends in your second and third years too, Bocchi! Although Nako the tease will always be the best friend she made. Everything about this anime was wholesome. Everything except Kai-chan. Fuck Kai-chan still.
MoonStar9Jul 1, 2019 3:06 AM
Jul 1, 2019 4:14 PM
Apr 2018
Funniest so far. Bocchi's sounds were cute
Jul 2, 2019 10:06 PM
Oct 2017
It was a good anime, with lovable and cute girls and a lot of funny faces. This was very well made but sometimes gets boring and repetitive so it's 7/10 for me :3

PS: Aru best girl
Jul 5, 2019 11:17 AM

Apr 2011
Never thought the episode that would make me laugh so hard many times will be the last one. This is such a cute, funny, and heartwarming series. The journey from getting her first friend to having six was quite entertaining. Though there were cringey and hard to watch scenes that made me skip them a bit. There were lots of laughter but there were some emotional bits as well. As she struggles to make friends while having extreme social anxiety and trying to take on that unrealistic condition that her former friend made was hard to watch. I dislike her for making Bocchi make friends with everyone when she has enough already and made me even more dislike her for giving her the cold shoulder rather than acknowledging her efforts.

I had fun. 8/10

Jul 6, 2019 9:25 PM

Nov 2009
This was a nice and cute series without too much Drama.

I like it. Rate it a 9 out of 10.

___ ___ ___

BTW, about that smartphone at the start of episode... an iPhone, LUL, not even Android.

As for the Ai, I actually never try it on my Samsung s9 except for some Google Assistant (which I don't even use it now...) and I try to deactivate Bixby cause I hate that button... (you used to be able to map the button to another app, but apparently Samsung decide to remove that function... so now you're FORCED to always have Bixby activated)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 7, 2019 1:17 PM

Apr 2015
Well, just finished
was cute indeed
Jul 9, 2019 11:18 PM

Mar 2018
LL-Kasu said:
One of the best anime this fall
its like your a proud father watching your daughter (bocchi) to grow slowly
10/10 too wholesome to not get a perfect score

Ah, I see you're another man of culture as you see Bocchi as your daughter.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Jul 12, 2019 4:50 PM
Jul 2019
9jaotaku said:
This is a very very good anime, with a lot of good life lessons to be learned.

We have Bocchi, a girl who at the start of the series is painfully shy, scared, frightened of everyone, to the point that she finds it difficult to say her name in front of a class of her peers...

At the end of the series...Bocchi is still the painfully shy, scared, frightened girl...who now has a bunch of friends, an apprentice, and an opponent (It makes sense in context)..

So, what does this show teach us?

That most of the time, anxiety comes from worrying too much about our imperfections. You don't have to. First off every other girl in this series...IS NOT PERFECT. Nako has issues with being more sociable, and needs to smile more, Aru needs to stop trying to be superperfect., Sotoka and Ojousa are both lonely girls who hide under a facade, and as for Konari...

Yet, these girls form a friendship clique..and the unifying factor is a shy scared girl by the name of Bochi...

All because Bocchi faced her fears about being imperfect, and decided to make friends anyway...imperfections be dammed...so in the process learning more about life, relating with others, etc...

As the good book says...iron sharpeneth iron...

We should all be like Bocchi.

love this, and i agree <3 the key to love and friendship (with others AND yourself) is not letting your "imperfections" keep you from accepting yourself and following your dreams.
アニメ大好きな日本語学習者❤
日本語の意識で観てるアニメを記録するために、新しいアカウント作った!
一緒に気軽にアニメを楽しもう!ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

優先ジャンル:日常系(slice of life)、萌え(moeblobs)、コメディー(comedy)
Jul 14, 2019 7:52 PM
Jul 2019
this was such a wholesome, comfy, relatable and funny ride, There are so many CGDCT shows out there, but this one has a charm that I can’t quite put my finger on. It has great pacing and all of the jokes are on point, Here's hoping for Season 2, until then I'll be reading the Manga. 8/10 for Me.
Jul 16, 2019 2:00 PM

Jul 2015
Smartphone has joined the friend circle, nothing is too crazy to become Bocchi's friend.
Damn middle school graduates, getting pregnant

Don't know why but I want to see a crossover with Watamote and let Bocchi meet Kuroki Tomoko, that would be one awkward thing to see

Jul 22, 2019 7:58 AM
Mar 2017
High tier CGDCT gonna miss this show.

8/10
Jul 22, 2019 7:59 AM
Mar 2017
High tier CGDCT gonna miss this show.

8/10
Jul 24, 2019 3:03 PM

Mar 2014
Barfing at the first and last episode, the cycle is complete.

Very enjoyable anime. Her first 3 friends (Nako, Aru and Sotoka) are interesting enough that you would make a whole serie with just those three but 29 friends!? (23 if you exclude the ones who are already her friends) It's going to be interesting to see the new classmates in the next seasons. You can do it Bocchi!
Aug 21, 2019 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
pretty fun and cute ride overall, and luckily a standard 20 min show!

i actually started reading the manga, then realized there was already an adaptation. probably will pick it up after some time.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Sep 13, 2019 11:11 PM

Mar 2008
Need more Bocchi :c
Sep 27, 2019 9:27 AM

Aug 2018
lol that show about guessing what Aru would want.. ;p I'd actually want to know, what she actually wanted..
Kako gets different when she's ill, hm.. Well, I would prefer her healthy and being the way she'd like to choose, really.. Whether it to be more or less talkative, or anything..
Why they had to finish like that, though.. ;/ Poor Bocchi..
In the end, I liked anime.. Some episodes more, some less, some characters more, some less.. I think there are a lot of unsolved things left, we were teased about.. Like Sotoka's reasoning to become ninja somehow related to her family.. And Bocchi's friendship with Kai.. In the end.. I hope, girls will live well.. Happiness to Bocchi and girls.. ;P
Sep 27, 2019 9:32 AM

Jan 2018
It's a good cute girls doing cute things done right where the story was actually easy to watch. I give credits to voice actors, pretty amazing to get me hooked where I usually struggle in this genre. 9/10 it was a pleasant experience watching and somehow I can relate too :p
Oct 8, 2019 2:41 PM

Apr 2012
This was a really cute anime 8/10 but in the next season Bocchi has to start to be friendly with the boys too if she wanna be friends with her whole class. Also Nako and Aru should become waifus.
Nov 30, 2019 4:54 PM

Apr 2014
loved it from beginning to end but god i thought the whole teacher thing was over and done with but of course they would slip that back in on the last ep smh

anyway i really want a season 2 really need and want a season 2 badly as this was really an amazing watch!

now to look for the manga
"one step at a time"
Jan 5, 2020 6:47 PM

Jan 2012
A sick Kurai-san, seeing off the 3rd years, and starting year 2 with a vomiting Bocchi to end our series. Never change Bocchi. XD Or, well actually, change! That was certainly what this series was all about anyway. And while Kai-chan's ultimatum always rubbed me the wrong way, even when I read the manga, I must admit it was the catalyst for a pretty cute, adorable, and all around enjoyable series. Certainly worthy of a solid 7/10. :)
Feb 29, 2020 3:36 AM

Oct 2019
Simply lighthearted and enjoyable, not a single ep fail to bring me to smile. 7/10.
Apr 1, 2020 12:37 PM

Sep 2017
Yo fuck Kai, but otherwise a really solid cute girls show.
Apr 10, 2020 9:48 PM

Jun 2014
So so average. None of the characters really stand out for me. The comedy was not that bad i think.
Well it's a fcking quarantine so I have a lot of time to try some genre that isn't really my favorite.

May 8, 2020 7:00 AM

Dec 2013
I lost it when this happened:

Lolllllllllll
Another favorite episode. A lot of funny scenes.
Kurai is really a tsundere. I enjoyed watching this. If there's no season 2 maybe I will try reading the manga ( ╹▽╹ )

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 19, 2020 7:05 AM
Sep 2018
this will definitely be going in the rewatch list on the near future. I really like the OP and ED. Now onwards to the manga!
Sep 8, 2020 7:37 PM

May 2013
Show started of soooooo strong, but some things were just so repetitive. The main thing was Aru's unfortunate/zanen joke :( there was also sensei being scared of Nako-chan, Bocchi's barfing, etc. Still enjoyable series as a whole though. And I'm glad Bocchi showed character growth c:

I would likely watch S2.

7/10
Sep 29, 2020 4:56 AM
Mar 2018
That was a nice little show. Had lots of fun characters and heartfelt moments, but didn't became too much "Friendship is Magic". Would like to see a second season of that.

8/10
Oct 14, 2020 12:00 PM

Apr 2015
It's obvious Kai never intended Bocchi to actually succeed at making friends with all classmates. It's like, if you aim for 29, you can achieve atleast 6.5 ( 6+Kurai :D ). Though some scenes were slow and dull, overall it was a cute series.
Also was it just me or the girl with yellow eye patch who kinda stood out many times, i thought she would become one of Bocchi's friends but she was just there ^_^
Apr 3, 2021 5:20 AM

Feb 2020
A heartwarming ending. <3

It was a nice CGDCT, although not one of my favorites.

It's odd that Bocchi's voice actor hasn't done any other roles besides her. She did a great job as Bocchi and deserves to have more roles in the future.
SerafosJul 24, 2022 10:17 AM
Jun 8, 2021 7:30 AM
The Madaora

Aug 2016
Finally stopped procrastinating and finished this, and it was worth it. A nice little show, not the best but still pretty enjoyable. I agree with some of the people above about the jokes sometimes getting too repetitive but it still being alright regardless. The Aru character song was pretty great too, lol. The whole little cast was generally pretty enjoyable. Probably going to read the manga to completion soon now, seeing as how it finally ended a month ago after so long.
Nov 10, 2021 3:57 PM

Aug 2020
We need season 2 for their 2nd year and season 3 for their 3rd year. It was a very fun ride. I really like the animation.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 24, 2021 11:49 PM

Sep 2018
A good wholesome series with a lovable cast of characters (excellent seiyuu's), enjoyable premise, even though the whole situation with Kai-chan and Bocchi is strange and a little forced. Maintained it's quality and humor (for the most part, Aru-chan's unfortunate joke got stale quickly lol). Left me wanting more, 8/10.
Jul 31, 2022 10:24 AM

Feb 2020
That smartphone part was really funny.

Aru looked so disappointed when Bocchi took a picture of her instead of a video.

Nako recording a video of Bochhi was hilarious.

And then Nako got teased by the girls while she was asleep.

Kako has a beautiful smile. No one couldn't believe their eyes when they saw her that happy. Unfortunately, it was only a fever that made her to act like that.

That corsage scene. xD Bocchi and Nako were in a total panic.

Poor teacher is still scared of Nako. :P

And the final dose of Bocchi's reactions.

It's so good to see how many friends Bocchi has already made, and this is only the beginning. She's going to make plenty of more in the future. :)

"Blegh!" A perfect way the end show, haha.

Very good finale. Overall, a little better show than I remembered. I love these girls. <3
Oct 25, 2022 6:04 PM

Feb 2021
Didn't really expect something super good but i must say i really enjoyed this anime
8/10
Oct 29, 2022 10:05 AM
Oct 2022
no recuerdo mucho de este anime solo que en su momento busqué mucho como leerme su manga
pero aún asi se que me divertí viendolo
Jan 28, 2023 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
Best anime never forget
May 17, 2023 7:22 PM
Apr 2023
This anime was dope and every characther in the anime is like completing each other
Nov 2, 2023 12:30 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Dudi4PoLFr
Please, can someone tell me that there will be a season 2!!

I don't want it to end ;(

That DeLorean tho!
@Dudi4PoLFr DeLorean reminds of Suzuka Nakamoto from Babymetal 😂
Nov 2, 2023 12:45 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Yuri-Crusader
Its starts with Finally,,what do you mean by that anime??? Are my lesbian goddess finally going to kiss some of the lower ranked females? Well they should!! That's about damn time!!!!But no its a fucking phone,,,,Damn you to hell smartphone destroyer of my lesbian fantasies!!!!!!!,,,,,

My adorable precious waifu Sotoka is happily posing for some picture!! At least the stupid thing get used for something good

My waifu and the lesser ranked females are following the rival in a clumsy sneak attempted,,, Get caught ofc,,,, But my beautiful and powerful lesbian warrior princess!! Performs a almighty godly impressive miracle!!! Concealing herself with a camouflage and turns invisible , My princess are the only one that goes unnoticed!!!! Good job Honey you are the perfect ninja!! And the cutest!!

In the whole it was average,,,No male problem to speak about lucky for you!!!,Then a small plus for It have some Yuri!!! But its pretty weak in the whole,,,And the dark traumatic moment with girl crying in fetal position angers me to no fucking end!!!!!!!,,,,, Got some enjoyment from the last episode but for a cute girl show you are not that impressive,,, Mew 5/10 .Next time i want more lesbian surprises with my waifu ,,,,,Better yourself and come back with a second season!!!!

@Yuri-Crusader You're cringe...Try taking off ur yuri glasses, and u may enjoy this show more. Cuz, they are like 12 years old, y’know 😑 (1)
Nov 2, 2023 12:53 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Vhailor
Anime of the season right here, as far as I'm concerned. The most wholesome anime I've seen since Mitsuboshi Colors. Simple straightforward story with lovable characters that aren't recycled cliches, genuinely funny comedy, none of the tired "subversive" meta commentary that you see in pretty much every anime these days (making it a cliche in and of itself), and next to no fanservice.
8/10. I hope it gets more seasons.
@Vhailor Only thing i didn't like in this anime tbh is the repetitive use of "Don't call me unfortunate!" With the matching headbutt. It was so overdone throughout the show.

I enjoyed Aru's hilarious unfortunate moments but that repetitive banter between Aru and Nako gets tiring, they should've come up with new jokes while still highlighting Aru's unfortunate moments.
Nov 3, 2023 8:40 AM
Mar 2020
Bocchi the Rock literally stealed the whole context of this show and managed to become a hit. Anime fans are really hard to understand.
Dec 4, 2023 7:47 PM

Nov 2023
I would do the same as Bocchi would lol
Mar 24, 8:43 PM
Aug 2021
silly socially anxious girl. shes so me
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

104 by Forum »»
Feb 8, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Akirion- - Jun 14, 2019

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2019

67 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:45 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2019

62 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:44 PM

Poll: » Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2019

75 by WELLERM »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.