Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 21, 2019 10:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, I'm not surprised this episode decided to focus time on Eiji and Nanako. They're the main duo and to show how far their relationship has developed is very important.

Their past was also an interesting sight to remember when they just started out as classmates and then friends. Personally one of my favorite short shows of the season. 8/10. The manga is great too.
Jun 21, 2019 10:08 AM

Aug 2017
Senryuu Shoujo is boring as fuck. There're a few decent characters but overall its just a generic SOL. The short duration makes it look even worse. 3/10 for the anime.
NurguburuJun 21, 2019 11:15 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 21, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2010
It's a shame it's over i really liked the anime and i hope we will get more.
It was nice to see how the couple met each other like that, and it was also nice of Nanako's mother to give some pointers to her daughter.
Jun 21, 2019 11:13 AM

Feb 2018
I don't think so, because of a number of factors this might be a good anime. It looks like the inj times are often highlighted by Eiji and Nanako.
Jun 21, 2019 11:27 AM

Apr 2016
And so we get their backstory finally, but that's probably it for this show. Nothing spectacular, but was fun to watch.
Jun 21, 2019 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
So we get to see how they met. Cute.

Jun 21, 2019 11:33 AM

Sep 2011
Cheesy as all hell but hey its cute as fuck so who cares

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 21, 2019 11:43 AM

Oct 2017
Oh my gosh that was so sweet. *sob* my fav anime from spring just ended.Hope this gets a s2 soon and definitely picking the manga.
Jun 21, 2019 11:48 AM
Jul 2017
Wa a perfect girl <3 Nanako is pure love
Jun 21, 2019 11:55 AM

Jul 2017
Decent overall. I think lack of overall enthusiasm kinda left a lot of jokes falling flat when they could've easily been hilarious to see, but there were some good moments here and there. 6/10 maybe even 5/10
Short_CircutJun 21, 2019 12:11 PM
Jun 21, 2019 12:00 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Lol Eiji's poem as he traded in his fists The insight into how he and Nanako first met though was nice. The image that his poem conjured up though really suited his surface image though. The communications between Nanako and Eiji through the poems in their early days though while cute also went on to show just how easy strong bonds can be formed from even the simplest of contacts. An interesting way to end the series but one that stayed true to its core theme of forging bonds via the Senryu.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2019 12:22 PM

Jun 2017
I dont get the hate in some of the comments.The show was with 12-min eps with a slice-of0life tag.What do u expect out of this other than their daily lives. Personally I really liked it
Jun 21, 2019 12:27 PM

Jul 2017
pranaynighukar said:
I dont get the hate in some of the comments.The show was with 12-min eps with a slice-of0life tag.What do u expect out of this other than their daily lives. Personally I really liked it

For me at least I didn't really enjoy it that much because there wasn't much enthusiasm a lot of the time with the execution of jokes particularly with the animation and voice acting
Jun 21, 2019 12:32 PM
Dec 2013
The backstory in the end of episode make this anime has clear plot story.

But for someone who needs more love relationship between Nanako and Eiji, this ending episode rather seems off. 😅😅😅

But after all this anime was worth watching in this season. Thank you....

NB : Honestly my main intention to watch this anime just to see "other side" character of Rikako voiced. Don't bully me please.... 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Jun 21, 2019 12:40 PM

Mar 2013
EVERYTHING WAS LEADING UP TO A CONFESSION UGHHHH
Loved their meeting, it was cute...BUT I WANTED IT TO END WITH A
"Eijikun, jitsu wa Eijikun, ga suki desu!"
"Eijikun, truth is, I like you!"

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 21, 2019 12:52 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I think this series was quite OK but I'm pretty annoyed that she can't talk. Would be a lot better if she could. Kind of lame that basically the only sound that comes out of her mouth is a small laughter or like "ah" and sh*t like that. 6/10 points.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jun 21, 2019 12:57 PM

May 2015
As someone who dislikes harem shows and didn't realise this would be harem-ish, I'm glad the main focus always seemed to be on Nanako and Eiji's relationship rather than all the girls wanting a piece of him. Even Koto who clearly had a thing for him supported their relationship and I respect that.

7/10. It was simple yet super cute and one of the better short anime I've seen.

♡ artist
サコ
Jun 21, 2019 1:47 PM

Nov 2016
Oh man, I'm gonna miss my weekly load of sugar, but I guess the manga will fill the voidtill they announce season 2

And yeah, what can I say aside from that this finale wrapped things up pretty nicely with how best girl and boy of spring met.

8,5/10. It hit all the right notes for me and delivered exactly what I would wish from a "perfect" rom-com short. AOTS.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2019 1:52 PM

Jan 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, I'm not surprised this episode decided to focus time on Eiji and Nanako. They're the main duo and to show how far their relationship has developed is very important.

Their past was also an interesting sight to remember when they just started out as classmates and then friends. Personally one of my favorite short shows of the season. 8/10. The manga is great too.

Will recommend manga to all. 134 chapters have been released in Japan so far and scanlation speed has also picked up.
Jun 21, 2019 2:21 PM
Aug 2016
Really sweet ending. I expected that they'll showed us how they met.
Probably a 7.5 cuz Nanako was really a lovey. Already started the manga, hope scanlations won't give up
Jun 21, 2019 2:33 PM

Apr 2019
Very good, this last episode was sensational.
I do not have much to say about anime. My note 8/10
Jun 21, 2019 2:43 PM

Jul 2014
Such a cute episode and such a cute series!

I'm going to miss Nanako and her cute Hanakana noises and of course best girl Koto-nee, there wasn't enough Koto-nee!

SkyLETVJun 22, 2019 12:24 AM
Jun 21, 2019 2:44 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Nanako's has oneof the CUTEST smiles ever and shes best girl of spring 2019<3
Jun 21, 2019 2:53 PM
Mar 2017
I'm gonna miss this show. I love reading the manga, wish they dated already tbh but nonetheless thank you for such a wholesome and warm show. I loved all of it 10/10!
Jun 21, 2019 3:14 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale! Although admittedly, it left off with on a little underwhelming and less finale-worthy note.

With that said though, I got to say Nanako and Eiji’s first encounter and past meetings are just as adorable as you’d imagine! Unexpectedly, Senryuu had a huge ‘anchor’ role to play but I’m very glad they found each other! Busujima slamming into the Senryuu class though and his Senryuu is, no offence, but terrible as ever xD. Nanako running with the Op alongside was great to have! And of course Eiji would be cherry blossom viewing lol and that reference to a hippo was ridiculous! A little sad we didn’t get to see any of the other girls though ;-;

8/10 to the series, over all. I’m so sad now that my weekly ‘good luck charm’ is over, I really hope this gets a 2nd Season sometime! Nanako x Eiji is too good, I’ll definitely check out the manga to see how it progresses from here onwards!

Edit: Duly praise for Kana Hanazawa, VA of Nanako! She was brilliant (nearly) throughout (sort of a little lifeless this final episode though or maybe that’s just me)!
_MushiRock11_Jun 21, 2019 3:44 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 21, 2019 3:14 PM

Mar 2012
Relaxing anime with interesting characters.

Score: 8/10
Jun 21, 2019 4:07 PM

Aug 2018
To be honest, I'm kinda disappointed by this episode... really liked the others, they were quite fun & cute.

With the latest, I really understand it was a necessary one to show how the protagonists opposed by their styles managed to meet each other. Episode 12 fulfilled this task & clearly exposed how they did meet.

But I still wanted a real ending... 'cause it was basically just a flash back that - in my opinion - should have been covered in a previous episode.

Great anime overall, it brought me a relaxing mood to start the weekend ! 7/10
Jun 21, 2019 4:21 PM
Mar 2017
The day has arrived, today is the last episode of Senryuu Shoujo. Undoubtedly it has been a very pleasant and replenishing experience, Nanako undoubtedly has something that makes one feel more cheerful and calm, it is something therapeutic to see the beautiful smile of Nanako.

This episode was beautiful, because they finally showed us how Nanako and Eiji met, although they saw themselves only in one session of the workshop, both continued communicating through the Senryuus that both were written on the board, even though they were messages very simple, they served to make Nanako happy.
What caught my attention was what Nanako mentioned when she was desperately looking for Eiji, she mentions that before meeting Eiji, she spent her days alone and locked up, this while we see Nanako very sad, in other words Nanako was a victim of bullying (in my opinion)... who would have been the bastards that made poor Nanako feel sad? They deserve death.

In short, it is a joy that Nanako met Eiji again and so their relationship continued until today where both are together and that Nanako said goodbye with that radiant and cheerful smile was perfect.

I give 10/10 to this anime, where you see it was perfect, Nanako earns a place as one of the best girls of the spring season, each episode was very fun, with very adorable moments. The other girls who were part of this anime also had their moments that stood out a lot, Amane and Koto are also the best girls, helping Nanako and Eiji to have very beautiful moments, I feel that episodes were missing for Kino and Tao to stand out, but in short this adorable and sweet anime end, I hope the summer season brings some similar anime or I will go to read the manga to continue enjoying Nanako and company.

I also thank in my heart that Kana Hanazawa made the voice of Nanako, again she made one of her characters captivate me and cheer my life.
Jun 21, 2019 4:52 PM

Dec 2015
I was hoping for something after the credits, but other than that I liked the episode. It wasn't the best finale to a series, but I still really enjoyed the anime. I would have liked if Nanako would have met with Eiji's parents, just like he did with hers. Overall, I'll give it an 8/10.
Jun 21, 2019 5:09 PM

Jul 2012
It was a lovely anime :) I'm gonna miss Nanako and especially Eiji, my poor misunderstood boy.
Jun 21, 2019 5:49 PM

Oct 2015
So that's how they met, hmmm...! It was a cliché romance pull but with Senryuu though, but I'll allow it.

To me this series didn't pack a punch. I felt it didn't engage us viewers who didn't have a frickin clue about Senryuu. Instead the show focused on bait of a cliché romance between Eiji and Nanako, yeah that was cute and all but I felt it Shouldn't have been the main focal point but instead part of it. It went the same way in each episode, they would do things and then Nanako would end up saying/wrote some warm romantic cliché bullshit to entice the viewer. They also tried some cheap harem and love triangle at some point, The fuck was this series- I'm really lost now!
Senryuu or Romance, make up your mind B###%?

Anyways it was an average watch, but I'll forget it in time, if I haven't forgotten it already.

5/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 21, 2019 6:20 PM
Jun 2017
And thats how Eiji and nanako met. how sweet of them as senryu have met both of them.

nice and cute series...
Jun 21, 2019 6:36 PM

Jun 2015
Here goes my weekly dosage of Nanako T_T

As an avid fan of this series, I can't help but feel disappointed with the adaption. Igarashi Masakuni (author) has a great sense of humor and he executes it well in the original manga series. But sadly, the anime production doesn't give that much of enthusiasm towards the series. But, manga readers of all series will always see the adaption to be worse than the original anyway, so nothing new here and I shall ignore this.

Despite my disappointment above, I do feel very grateful because if I don't give this anime a chance, I will never and ever going to touch the manga that will later become my all-time favorite. Thank you.. This series is gem to me.

All and all, for the sake of objectivity, I give this series 6/10. But as a fan, I couldn't help but be biased because of it and give 8/10 instead.

Here where it all ends and I hope I can find another gem like this.
Jun 21, 2019 6:36 PM

Nov 2018
for me, its a beautiful story even though that only 12 mins. But the result it was a great. So i want give 7.5/10 to 8/10.. But if want to continued just read in manga.
Jun 21, 2019 6:51 PM
Mar 2015
Nice to know that they hit it off from start. Good feelings about their future
Jun 21, 2019 7:06 PM

Mar 2019
Ahh I'm gonna miss this adorable little series. This was my surprise show this season, found myself laughing and enjoying quite a lot of moments throughout. Was nice to see the story unfold of how they met this episode. Wish there was more :)
Jun 21, 2019 8:11 PM

Nov 2011
I'd be thrilled for more seasons of Nanako. There are plenty of chapters to adapt and It really was a fun to watch anime.

9/10 in my eyes.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 21, 2019 9:04 PM

Jan 2013
surprise of the season for sure. so wholesome and Nanako's smile is so pure.
tho i was expecting some continuation from last week, i do like that they went with how they first met
Jun 21, 2019 9:22 PM

May 2019
A fun anime. the other girls should've appeared but eh
also MAL Staff where the diddly is the romance tag cuz this is clearly a romance so
Living for the day i see animes of:

-Under Night In-Birth
-Atelier Arland and Mysterious series
Love Live! Perfect Dream Project (WE GOT THIS ONE :D)
Jun 21, 2019 9:31 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It's cute and all, but it's rarely funny. The 4-koma format of the manga just works so much better. The anime simply has not comedic timing.

6/10, definitely worth checking the manga if you've enjoyed this.
Jun 21, 2019 9:31 PM
Oct 2017
It's a decent anime, worth if u have (some) free time or if u wanna see a cute girl doing cute things, no more.
7/10
Jun 21, 2019 10:31 PM
Jul 2018
That was nice, thanks for streaming!
Jun 21, 2019 11:34 PM

Jul 2017
Well...their past re-assessed.

And their not-so-obvious friendship (turned into romance in the process).

Well, this journey's been great. Great short.

So before we go,
Nanako and Eiji should
Really just "kiss" one time.
(wish that happened)
Jun 22, 2019 12:09 AM

Jan 2018
I'LL MISS THIS ANIMEE HOPE IT GETS A SECOND SEASON T^T
Jun 22, 2019 2:06 AM

Sep 2010
Nurguburu said:
Senryuu Shoujo is boring as fuck. There're a few decent characters but overall its just a generic SOL. The short duration makes it look even worse. 3/10 for the anime.

Just shows that you have nothing going on in your Life if you watch a show that you don't even like a single bit... seriously wtf.
Jun 22, 2019 2:58 AM

Nov 2013
oh no, why did it end already? this was one of the shows i looked forward to every week
the cuteness of this couple is great, and the side characters are pretty decent as well

9/10, season 2 please =D i wonder if i should check the manga
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 22, 2019 3:40 AM

Aug 2013
7/10 not enough Koto-nee

jk, I enjoyed it alot cuz I'm reading the 4-koma too
Jun 22, 2019 6:00 AM

Jan 2012
Nanako's smile has to be one of the most charming I've come across with female anime characters in recent memory. Maybe even all time! Definitely one of my biggest takeaways from this show, along with that epic interaction in, I believe, episode four with Kino.
Jun 22, 2019 7:13 AM

Dec 2016
A meeting? I was hopping to see a love confession at the end XD It was still cute though.

I don't know if it's just me but, I feel like this episode ended faster than usual X(

Beautiful anime! ^w^ but I'm going to miss Nanako's smile :(

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 22, 2019 8:06 AM

Sep 2017
Wow for real that was boring as hell ... I don't understand the hype except for the "cute" moments...
yikes
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senryuu Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 14, 2019

37 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:57 AM

Poll: » Senryuu Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2019

42 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Senryuu Shoujo Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2019

48 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Senryuu Shoujo Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2019

36 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Senryuu Shoujo Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2019

35 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 6:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.