Forums
New
Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel Volume 22 Reverse Discussion
Jun 20, 2019 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
Vol Cover out

Short Summary

New Testament series――The end.

Kamijou Touma has defeated Coronzon on the thin ice. He receives a very warm welcome during the celebration at England's Windsor Castle. Index, Mikoto, and Shokuhou are also there... See New Testament through to the end!

Jun 26, 2019 2:37 AM

Jul 2015
Detailed synopsis out

Jul 5, 2019 1:55 AM

Jul 2015
The Prologue is translated

I am pretty sure Touma either has a split personality or the IT is controlling him.Anna hinted it.And his attitude towards Mikoto and Misaki also confirms it.

Jul 9, 2019 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
Final page of the novel says that the third Index LN series will start sometime in 2020. NT is officially concluded with this volume
Jul 13, 2019 5:03 AM

Jul 2015
Touma seems to remember Misaki and his attitude towards Mikoto and Index seem to hint at something.

Also the first chapter ends at a pretty crucial part,the lizard attacks.

Jul 14, 2019 5:31 AM

Jul 2014
So the NT series is officially done huh.
Jul 15, 2019 4:30 AM

Jul 2015
Really feeling bad for Misaki.

Also nice to see Misaka believing the real Touma.

Please give both of them happiness with Real Touma.

Jul 19, 2019 3:12 PM

Jul 2012
Caught up and a little more left. Really don't like this whole Misaki thing. I love Mikoto and might be biased, but the previous volume and her actions at stealing his arm should've been her lesson. And apparently it shows that she didn't get anything from it. I get it that she is trying to catch the only straw to make Touma remember her, but it's just going to be the same thing. And it makes me like her character less and less.
And the thing about her power, yes she can control people, but how she just can have control over(to some extent) all the magicians around her is just wrong and strange (i feel like i'm using this combination of words very often now). So for a brief moment she could use Kanzaki to kill whoever she wants. I mean that is supposed to be her power, but it makes Kanzaki so powerless. And i feel like it always says how she is one of the 20 saints but one of the weakest character in the setting ...
Mikoto's dress looks amazing!!!
Gotta add a bit after finishing.
Jul 22, 2019 1:49 AM

Jul 2015
The epilogue to tell the truth is bit disappointing for me.I was hoping we will see more about Touma and his true identity.More interactions between Mikoto,Misaki and Touma.But anyway good volume.Waiting for Part 3.

Jul 25, 2019 1:26 AM

Jul 2012
Finished. Decent volume. Yet again nothing about Touma's right hand, but as the other one said Touma was what/who Aleister was raising in AC (if i understood that correctly).
Won't repeat about Misaki, just hope now we will see her less, really was not a fan of all of this.
Lilith was pretty important to this point, but now she just dissapeared, mb until next installement. But for now feels like such a waste of character.

"He did exactly what he should have done at some other time in some other place." - was always one of the main questions for me, why couldn't he have done it in the first place. It might've been due to very small timeframe, but i feel like Kamachi always portarys him using his IB in such critical conditions so it's very strange.

Misaka's interference and help was the best in the ending part.

Overall somewhere around 7/10. Waiting for continuation.
Nov 10, 2019 4:12 AM

Aug 2013
Honestly a rather underwhelming conclusion for the otherwise great Aleister invasion saga.
Nov 28, 2019 12:30 AM

Jul 2014
loli_a_ravioli said:
Honestly a rather underwhelming conclusion for the otherwise great Aleister invasion saga.

Alister arc ended with Alister's "death" and the great demon defeat, it really ended the last volume.

I feel like this volume was just Kamachi making up for Touma since he had a kinda minor role in the overall plot of the final saga.
Dec 9, 2019 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
It seems the sequel to New Testament, titled Souyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index (Genesis Testament Toaru Majutsu no Index), is coming in February 2020.
Jan 19, 2020 9:59 AM

Jun 2012
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed with how easily Shokuhou gave in. I could see why she would be in a dilemma but still, she could have made a redemption for herself but Kamachi made her to be a perfect damsel in distress in her beautiful dress.

About the imagine breaker having a personality of its own though, didn't saw that coming at all. I thought magician do not have this AIM diffusion field at all but Dione clarified it. But then again, no one really knew if that right hand is of the magic or science side. Since it has a symbol of its own, a crest, a power of divine I guess, so something equal to the two powers.

Touma taking the spotlight was nothing new but this particular volume makes it special in a way. It is nice to see him moving some new maneuvers with that monstrous power in exchange and that most notable incredible luck. His run this time was really refreshing.

But what I found the most interesting this volume was all about Accelerator. I love how he implied that Touma is now one of his students. He was already doing the chairman's job before he claim his office XD. And that epilogue make it more clearer how really he had grown well as the #1.
Oct 6, 2020 9:22 PM

Jan 2019
After the epic arc of Great Demon Coronzon, it concludes with an arc focused exclusively on Kamijou Touma himself. I really loved this volume. The way it ends is like a throwback to the beginning of OT, which I thought was a nice touch. I felt bad for Misaki during the entire thing, and the interaction and fight between Touma and his alter-ego was really interesting. Loved that last illustration with all the protags.

Great way to end NT. Looking forward to GT now.
misaka-9982Oct 6, 2020 9:48 PM

More topics from this board

» Volume 9 Discussion. ( 1 2 3 )

ssjokg - Dec 10, 2013

114 by 2-2Distracted »»
Mar 3, 8:05 PM

» New Testament anime: Who should be performing the new OP?

khoisharky - Oct 5, 2023

1 by ShadowBreaker5 »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:36 AM

» Volume 8 Discussion

belatkuro - Aug 26, 2013

36 by FragmantLemon »»
Aug 9, 2022 9:35 AM

» Touma's Harem?

greed2 - Oct 14, 2014

17 by TAMNI-GT »»
Jun 8, 2022 12:38 PM

» Chapter Count?

cur_sed - Apr 18, 2022

2 by cur_sed »»
May 3, 2022 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.