Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 28, 2019 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
thevagus said:
Awesome last chapter full with emotional scenes and sham ending and hasegawa trolling at the end. Still felt that zura, elizabeth and madao deserved more appearances.

I'm a little disappointed that Madao didn't end back with his wife, was certainly hoping that would have at least happened.
Jun 28, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
Snappynator said:
thevagus said:
Awesome last chapter full with emotional scenes and sham ending and hasegawa trolling at the end. Still felt that zura, elizabeth and madao deserved more appearances.

I'm a little disappointed that Madao didn't end back with his wife, was certainly hoping that would have at least happened.

Then that wouldn't be the Gintama we know.

This ending was beyond perfect. We got a glimpse of almost everyone on how they lived their lives before Tama woke up.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 28, 2019 10:15 AM

Sep 2011
Snappynator said:
thevagus said:

yeah i think the manga could of taken the opportunity to do a bit more permanent send offs rather than return us to the status quo, it does make me think there might be a few one off chapters made in the future though.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 30, 2019 1:54 AM

Aug 2015
An end of an era for both the readers and the magazine,i am sure going to miss this series

P.s,i atleast wanted a tsukyo x gintoki moment at the end but alas, this ending was good too

Now,is there any jump series which can possibly have the potential to fill in the shoes of gintama in the future?
Jul 3, 2019 1:28 AM

Jun 2014
Ah Man, just read the last chapter. It was perfect in every way, but that's to be expected from Hideaki sensei. I love that guy. Gintama was the only anime that blended so many emotions, and could make you laugh, even in the toughest situations. Can't wait for the last season of the anime. Seeing this story conclude in the anime, will destroy me.
Jul 4, 2019 8:11 AM

May 2015
Man, I'm salty that Katsura didn't get a moment with his sensei, just a blurry intercom image. The Gorilla did Katsura dirty!
Jul 4, 2019 1:47 PM
Oct 2018
I wanted Gintoki to end up with someone from his group but this was actually the perfect ending
Jul 5, 2019 4:34 AM
Mar 2018
Koustubh said:
Where can I read the English translated version of the last chapter? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

https://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gintama
Jul 5, 2019 10:19 PM
Aug 2016
EMP-511 said:
Koustubh said:
Where can I read the English translated version of the last chapter? I can't seem to find it anywhere...

https://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gintama

Thanks a lot mate! :)
Jul 7, 2019 11:18 PM

Dec 2018
madarchod said:
An end of an era for both the readers and the magazine,i am sure going to miss this series

P.s,i atleast wanted a tsukyo x gintoki moment at the end but alas, this ending was good too

Now,is there any jump series which can possibly have the potential to fill in the shoes of gintama in the future?

tsukuyo x gin was my ship too. wasnt expecting much, but a little hint of romance would have been neat. decent end, but it could have been a little more serious, as it basically told us nothing, since everything but the last couple pages was fake and just a series of jokes.
Jul 8, 2019 11:56 AM

Aug 2015
RarePepes said:
madarchod said:

tsukuyo x gin was my ship too. wasnt expecting much, but a little hint of romance would have been neat. decent end, but it could have been a little more serious, as it basically told us nothing, since everything but the last couple pages was fake and just a series of jokes.

I would'nt have minded an ending like Naruto or bleach, where everyone becomes a couple at the end
Jul 8, 2019 1:19 PM

Dec 2018
madarchod said:
RarePepes said:

I would'nt have minded an ending like Naruto or bleach, where everyone becomes a couple at the end

omg thanks for reminding me i stopped watching bleach and never got back to it. don't spoil the ships lol though I do have some favorites in mind. i'm a sucker for anime romance even though i'm a grown man. yare yare
Jul 12, 2019 11:16 PM

Oct 2010
So if I understood correctly Takasugi was actually reborn as a baby? Guess he’s really too popular of a character to die “for real”. Don’t really get what the comment Kamui made about an old man looking like him means, does that mean he impersonated Umibouzu to see Kagura?

Really sad to see this series end regardless, it felt like it would go on forever with more fake final chapters :’(
Aug 24, 2019 12:50 AM

Aug 2010
That feeling of being able to finish a great series and yet wanting more of it is so hard to deal with. Sorta wish we could have got a panel with all the characters saying good bye to the readers, but what we got was still a perfect send off for the series.

I'm really going to miss all these characters and their idiotic antics.
Jun 5, 2020 5:24 AM
Sep 2019
this wasn't the best arc in gintama, but it was necessary to this manga to end, gintama was my favorite anime, and i liked the manga too but i'm happy that it ended, the ending was satisfying to me, now i want a manga about shinsengumi like okita wants. so do it for me gorilla sorashi
Oct 22, 2020 4:17 PM
Oct 2018
"Now and then what i protectected has never changed" this quote from gintoki simplifies the greatness of this end, this end was perfect, Gintama was always about protecting that moments and see then casualy at the end joking and trolling is the pure esscensse of gintama and the be forever yorozuya at the end, just pricelees.
Aug 28, 2021 4:13 PM
Aug 2020
keragamming said:
Not a fan of Gintama, but seeing how everyone loves the ending, I can already tell this is getting number 1 spot when the anime adapts that last season.

Congratulations. you foresaw the future. The gintama final movie is currently holding the number 1 spot
May 13, 2022 6:59 PM

Jan 2016
There are a ton of comedy mangas that would be extremely terrible managing serious arcs if you removed the comedy aspects. Mangas that noone except for episodic comedy fans read and who would have zero appeal to anyone if you removed that as well. So it's rare to have a comedy that brings a good story worth reading too. I mean Gintama was funny and sad altogether. Totally worth it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 487 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 26, 2014

6 by GreatestSaltboy »»
Apr 12, 3:02 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Samurai Heart (Some Like It Hot!!)』| SPYAIR

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » JUMP MV /『Gintama』×『Shura』| DOES

LittleStar - Jan 6

0 by LittleStar »»
Jan 6, 10:00 AM

» Gintama, the popularity vote has started! Who will you vote for?

kihel - Dec 18, 2023

2 by mokkocchi »»
Dec 19, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Gintama Chapter 142 Discussion

VARIAchan - Feb 1, 2011

3 by tcandy19 »»
Jul 1, 2023 10:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.