Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2019 11:12 AM

Oct 2018
The CG soldiers and big fish didn't do it for me. The writing didn't either lol.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Jun 19, 2019 11:21 AM

Nov 2014
This could've been great action episode... if action didn't looks so damn cheap. Outside of few scenes, this whole episode seemed low budget. Hopefully next one picks up.

Firs time Naofumi trusted someone like that and this is how it ends. It'd be pretty funny if it turned into another trauma.
Jun 19, 2019 11:32 AM

Oct 2008
I don't understand the people who hope that Season 2 doesn't happen. Like, how selfish can you get? What would a second season do other than bring its fans joy?
Jun 19, 2019 11:40 AM

May 2013
Why are you doing this?
*Starts the explanation*
- to prevent that...

That doesn't explain shit... I swear to god, the stupidity level of some animes are off the charts.
Jun 19, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2018
Finally, we have some actual interesting characters. I am all on board with L'Arc and Therese and whatever their plan is and want to find out there goals.

I have to complain though, the first half of the episode looked appalling. I am a bit of a 17th century ship enthusiast and the fact that the frigates(the ship type) were actually sailing when you can very clearly see that there wasn't a single wave on the still image that is the ocean. Trivia : Frigates sail using wind, waves are formed by wind, if not a single wave is formed then the frigates should remain still(There are actual cases in real history where in huge oceans such as the pacific/antarctic, ships are stranded for months due to windless pockets).

This is just a personal problem and it's not the story creators fault, if it's anyone's fault, it's Kinema Citrus's fault(heck, I didn't even mention the horrible CG). Come on, this is like the first time I've seen an actual fleet of frigates, in an ANIME!! and they botched it. It should have looked glorious.
Jun 19, 2019 11:55 AM
Apr 2016
ok so now he makes ennemies without reason

I kinda liked the musics in this episode. We had like three music, the jazz part was a bit weird but i would listen to it
Jun 19, 2019 11:57 AM

Aug 2015
1 more episode to go.
I honestly have mixed feelings towards Shield Hero.
The visuals, soundtrack, English Dub and characters such as Naofumi and Raphtalia were great the plot, series direction were not that good especially Spear Hero who is one the most stupidest and contrived to ever exists from the genere.

I liked the revenge aspect of the series notably episode 21 but it wasn't enough to save this mediocre plot that had so much potential.

It's not a bad series by any means but it didn't rise enough to truly worthwhile.

It's mostly going to be a 5-6/10 series for me.
Jun 19, 2019 12:06 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a naval battle huh nice. Given that Naofumi's party is the only one that can operate underwater he sure drawn the short straw in this battle. Despite being levelled up the damage that the other hero's were capable off sure were rather low. Melty really had a lucky escape there though. L'arc's combo attack with Therese though was amazing. Given his strength no wonder he views the other hero's as inferior. Still to think that they were actually hero's from another world. While L'arcs skill with the scythe was amazing Therese's ability to act as both an offensive mage and a defensive one was even more so. Melty's arrival on the field while uniting the party sure made the battle even fiercer. But Glass's arrival sure tipped the balance of power once more. A solid ep with both an excellent naval battle for the first half and an excellent twist paired with a even fiercer battle for the second. Glass's appearance sure makes things even more interesting. A solid penultimate ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2019 12:29 PM

Mar 2019
Incredible, despite having "clarified" all the injustices the other three heroes continue under the same line, without the obvious changes they should have for know their failures, egocentrism and naivety, the spear does not even seem to understand that they treated him as a fool from episode one, is a series that is not interested in the development of characters and keeps the supposed three heroes as a resource so that the only one who ends up winning something is Nao
Jun 19, 2019 12:46 PM

Nov 2017
If you dont beat that bitch in the next episode Naofumi, im gonna literaly come and kick your fucking ass. Gosh, are they really gonna end the season on this spot. I'm smellin' a big cliffhanger.
Jun 19, 2019 12:48 PM

May 2018
They couldn't beat Glass when she was alone, good luck fighting her with L'arc and the other girl by her side.

I don't understand the necessity of rampaging in a different world in order to protect their own world. I hope the next episode will provide more answers
Jun 19, 2019 12:57 PM

Dec 2017
Those three fuckers did jack shit as expected. Glass and L'Arc should kick them first instead of naofumi.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Jun 19, 2019 1:01 PM
Jun 2019
This Episode was awesome and i hope that 'll be 2nd season!

Jun 19, 2019 1:04 PM
Jun 2019
The episode was very much so lack luster, much like the whole show. I really wish that the whole starting premise wasn't gone already... and that Filo had more reason to fight.

There was so much low budget animation, and most of the "fights" felt like some kind of static revolutionary war firing line style combat.

I do like the fact that the bracelet he made refused to fight him, and I love that glass was back... but the whole story just feels so freaking forced and rushed.

Nobody every learns and adapts... and even after Fitoria wanted them all to work together it doesn't seem likely, or worth it. The other heroes have had no growth whatsoever and might as well not exist.
Jun 19, 2019 1:06 PM

Feb 2016
papsoshea said:
One more episode to go until the shitshow ends... for now... that is until a second season arrives.

Please make a review on it. I've dropped it because I don't want to watch this monstrosity.
Jun 19, 2019 1:28 PM

Apr 2008
Haters gonna hate. All ya shit talkers are just here to troll now as you have already made up your mind that you want this show to fail. Your biased opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things and I hope this gets a second season just so you have more to bitch about.
Jun 19, 2019 1:39 PM

Apr 2019
Nice episode I enjoyed the action I want to see how it ends.
Jun 19, 2019 1:50 PM

Nov 2018
Oof, those CG archers and whale. Overall it was an alright episode, can't wait for the last episode.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jun 19, 2019 1:51 PM

Apr 2019
Artifiyings said:
papsoshea said:
One more episode to go until the shitshow ends... for now... that is until a second season arrives.
Please make a review on it. I've dropped it because I don't want to watch this monstrosity.
I wouldn't call a rant-on-demand a review, because the latter had to take reality into consideration. But yea, I loved to read it too.

Jun 19, 2019 2:02 PM
Mar 2009
To be honest I watched this anime because I love fantasy in general I don´t rely give it a much taught to be an isiaki because that seams to be as popular as Battle royal is to the game industry.

But 25 episodes long and it will end in such a note it would need 1 or 2 more seasons. In all honest this anime has been decent or at least watchable but not an anime I would re-watch ever again.

Any one who read the manga or novel just spoil to me does he get home or not?
Jun 19, 2019 2:03 PM

Sep 2017
There was so much shit CG this episode it really took me out of everything until the last third. Kinda surprised that the Queen herself would show up to participate in this battle. She's a much better ruler than her poor excuse for a husband. I didn't really feel any stakes during the battle itself because it was out at sea. There wasn't any significant danger present. No civilians were going to die, we all knew the only worthwhile characters (Naofumi and co.) would live, etc. etc. I never felt any tension, which isn't a good thing for an important episode like this. The Wave battle was boring until L'Arc showed up and kicked the boss' ass. I'm really growing tired of the show repeatedly showing us how useless the other three heroes are. We know already, man. At least the fight between Naofumi's group and L'Arc and Therese was exciting and well animated. Glass finally returned. I guess it was slightly amusing to see L'Arc realize that Naofumi was holding back from not using the Shield of Rage. I'm sort of interested to see how this will get wrapped up in the last episode. I can't think of a good stopping point from this encounter, being an anime only. We'll have to see.
Jun 19, 2019 2:07 PM
May 2015
Decent episode. Sets up for the last episode to have good potential.
Jun 19, 2019 2:30 PM

Nov 2018
I'm so glad there is only one episode left. I definitely won't miss this show.
"Otaku search for patterns within data presented and draw conclusions. Anime fans only see clones and copies."
-artificialnightsky
Jun 19, 2019 2:33 PM

Jan 2015
This is so annoying. I mean, every character in this series is so annoying.
The plot is as stupid as it can get. Gotta turn my brain off everytime I watch this anime lmao. One more episode to go. Hopefully no second season lol, Kinema Citrus should just focus on Made in Abyss imo
Jun 19, 2019 2:44 PM

Apr 2015
I liked that battle between L'Arc & Therese VS Naofumi's party. Even Melty joined in, great to see their teamwork, can't say for the other 3 heroes, they just disappointed me every week XD

Glass makes another appearance.. To think it's almost over, hoping the Anome is getting a proper finale, just in case we don't get a second season. Cause I would definitely welcome a second season.
Jun 19, 2019 2:44 PM

Jan 2011
Good episode despite Naofumi trying to act like the other heroes did nothing again. Jesus he can be a dick for no reason sometimes. Also, I didn't expect L'Arc to have a heel turn. Glass, Thersa, and L'Arc makes for a scary party.

I will say the show needs to stop making the other heroes look like jobbers.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 19, 2019 3:03 PM
May 2016
This has been my goto anime this year, as a devout warrior tank when I played WoW the idea of the Shield Hero resonated with me. After I watched the extended episode 1 I was hooked. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed with character development, it's like everything was set up for a spectacular story then the head writer got sick so the intern had to step in and try and make it work.

The source material is ALWAYS better then the adaptions I understand that. The way I look at it is adaptions are nothing more than fan service to the people familiar with the source so I usually take hasty plot lines and contrived character development with a grain of salt. However, there IS a happy medium - this was NOT that, this was way too throttled.

[RANT ABOUT MANGA]

My leisure time is limited and filled with my other pleasures and vices so when I feel compelled to visit MAL to see what fans of the source are saying only to find out that this story IS awesome I feel a little better knowing that, then I get annoyed because now I have to suffer through another cookie cutter, bland, drab, dully drawn manga.

I mean seriously, I love art, all kinds of art.. call it a style if you want, the bulk pencil work and formatting of mangas are SHIT. How can a nation so dedicated to creating masterful works of animation that's always evolving draw every Manga the same fucking way?!? Once I get into the story I don't pay much attention to it, and that's sad, the sole point of reading a Graphic Novel, or Comic book is to enjoy the art. I love to spend time just looking at the passion, dedication, and detail in the artists' portrayal of the authors' story. Come ON Nippon, step up your pencil game! Buy some colored pencils, pick up some pastels, ADD SOME COLOR AND STYLE TO YOUR MANGA

[/END RANT]
Jun 19, 2019 3:22 PM
Mar 2015
Time to take out the trash
Jun 19, 2019 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
Probably the best fight in the show thus far, but can the other heroes be useful even once?
Jun 19, 2019 3:32 PM

Dec 2016
Same old with this episode. More plot convenience, more plot armor, more validation of the MC, blah blah, then generic isekai fantasy battle sequence. Plus tons of horrible CGI. The stakes would feel higher against these opponents, except that we're an episode away from the end of the season.

These particular villains at least have a motivation that is clear, but most of the season was squandered on garbage, so they've had zero characterization. Then there's the small detail that none of the other characters have had any character development either, which means that it's impossible to be invested in the story or care at all about the outcome.
Jun 19, 2019 3:53 PM

Feb 2018
I heard somewhere last episode will be one hour long?
Is that true?

Jun 19, 2019 4:13 PM
Mar 2018
Dudi4PoLFr said:
Spear, Bow and Sword heroes are so useless in this episode... Aqua level of useless!

Actually Aqua is not that useless. Shes probably the best at fighting undead. On the other hand the 3 heroes are entirely useless. Aqua>sword, bow, spear hero
Jun 19, 2019 4:16 PM

Dec 2015
His explanation for why he's trying to kill the shield hero makes zero fucking sense. "We need you to die because our world is dying." Okay, so? What the hell does that have to do with anything?
Jun 19, 2019 4:18 PM

Oct 2015
They sure love these out of the ass plot developments with cheap villains.

I'm glad next week it's the last episode, I won't miss it!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 19, 2019 4:27 PM

Dec 2009
Hylianticipated said:
His explanation for why he's trying to kill the shield hero makes zero fucking sense. "We need you to die because our world is dying." Okay, so? What the hell does that have to do with anything?

Patience, this stuff will be explained later on. Essentially though think of the Waves as like a battle royale between multiple different worlds and only one can be the victor. That makes L'Arc's comment make a whole lot more sense.
Jun 19, 2019 4:32 PM
Apr 2019
I like episode 24 between l'arc vs naofumi who fights without secrets and protects each other party teams..
I will miss raphtalia :'(
Jun 19, 2019 4:37 PM

Jun 2013
Meh episode. I really liked this series from the beginning but it went downhill pretty fast, especially after they met Fitoria. The way they dealt with bitch princess was unsatisfying too. I can't even care for L'Arc and his group at this point. The animation is lackluster. I'll just read the LNs/WNs and manga after I finish reading the bunch that I have in my list right now.

Just one more episode.
臭い-
Jun 19, 2019 4:47 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
As soon as L’Arc got that weird look on his face after defeating the giant monster it hit me: he’s like Glass! 😱
And... sho’nuff 😁
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Jun 19, 2019 4:56 PM
Jan 2019
Asking for spoilers
Can anyone explain two things to me
first.. how in hell Re these "heroes from other world" able to come to naofumi world??!!!!
Two.. why in hell do they fight other heroes wtf!!!!!
Jun 19, 2019 5:00 PM

Jul 2015
"Haters gonna hate" argument is such a weak response to criticism.
Jun 19, 2019 5:03 PM

Apr 2014
yeah so i was right about that pair knew something was up with them and here it is they're even on the side with the one that was in the last wave but then also them also being heroes from another world is interesting i wonder how that works with only 1 ep left we most likely wont get much

but this is pretty much the best fight in the series so far

on another note LMAO at the other heroes being even more of a joke they are pretty much worthless at this point

besides that it sucks that its over come next ep looking forward to it
DazeFireJun 19, 2019 5:26 PM
"one step at a time"
Jun 19, 2019 5:17 PM
Jun 2019
First time im acc HYPED for the next ep. Like ive *shit* on this show soooo much, but i enjoyed a lot this for what it is, and gave me the feeling jojo - i dont want this ep to end anytime. Maybe the show isnt that good, but was sure a great good
Jun 19, 2019 5:21 PM

Jul 2016
One episode to go, fine episode not like slime isekai that all 2nd half is garbage. 3heroes are useless, naofumi and support is OP. The enemy this time is decent but not intimidating, bcuz I know the naofumi gonna beat them. But i liked the development so far. Waiting the next episode.

Jun 19, 2019 6:04 PM
Jan 2014
SwordBreaker28 said:
To be honest I watched this anime because I love fantasy in general I don´t rely give it a much taught to be an isiaki because that seams to be as popular as Battle royal is to the game industry.

But 25 episodes long and it will end in such a note it would need 1 or 2 more seasons. In all honest this anime has been decent or at least watchable but not an anime I would re-watch ever again.

Any one who read the manga or novel just spoil to me does he get home or not?

Jun 19, 2019 6:05 PM
Jun 2019
this is the worst episode I've ever watched
Jun 19, 2019 6:06 PM

May 2015
just when I thought this couldn't get any worse Sheild Bro literally goes all Aquaman...
Jun 19, 2019 6:21 PM

Feb 2016
GundamSoul said:
Haters gonna hate. All ya shit talkers are just here to troll now as you have already made up your mind that you want this show to fail. Your biased opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things and I hope this gets a second season just so you have more to bitch about.

It really isn't about "Haters gonna hate" There is just so many criticisms and cliches that this series has to offer.
Jun 19, 2019 6:23 PM

Dec 2014
Pacing feels really abrupt here. I quite liked the beginning of this arc in comparison to the WN but after this I think I'll stick with the WN's version. I quite L'arc and Terese, was hoping we'd get to learn more about them instead of just revealing them to be Glass's comrades here.

Finale next week, wonder if it'll get an S2 given that the anime kinda went with it's own version of events as compared to WN or LN.
Jun 19, 2019 6:24 PM

Apr 2018
Kennazone said:
This was a good episode. I don't understand why people are saying it's terrible but still watch it.
people always like to complain...
Jun 19, 2019 6:25 PM
May 2019
Artifiyings said:
GundamSoul said:

It really isn't about "Haters gonna hate" There is just so many criticisms and cliches that this series has to offer.

I still think people who dislike the series and stick with it for some personal reason act out a bit too much on it regardless on how badly you think its written, a couple people here ive seen targeting the fans calling them justice porn loving incels (in other shield hero forums), is a bit much, its just anime at the end of the day, no need to go so far as name calling people over it. You can think the plot and c haracters of Shield hero are shit and I'll be just dandy with ya, but if you put a label like that on me for simply being a fan, I'll have something to say.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

270 by SanessyAdversary »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2019

355 by SanessyAdversary »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2019

190 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2019

300 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2019

288 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 4:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.