Forum Settings
Forums

Is there an uncensored version to all "Un-natural censorship"?

New
Jun 18, 2019 1:41 AM
Mar 2017
Ok so I searched the web and asked a few people but couldn't find a good answer, then I thought about asking my fellow weebs here on MAL.

So it goes like this: do you know how many MANY Anime, both Ecchi and Non-Ecchi by nature, have 2 types of censorship, 1 is the Physical censorship- for example when strands of hair or a piece of furniture covers the private parts or gaping wounds of the characters, and then there's the "Un-Natural" Type of Censorship- Rays of weird Light, Pitch Black circles or Blackened half screen, and of course the weird fog that doesn't look like a sauna steam or something, and my most recent example would be the circles or half\full screen covered with a cute little picture to censor what seems to keep happening in the background in NKSG?!.

So my question is- for all these "Un-Natural" types of censorship, is there a Completely Un-Censored version for those? and if there are, does it exists for some\most\all of the Anime with this Un-Natural censorship? and how can I get them if I so wish?
Jun 18, 2019 1:48 AM

Oct 2014
Official uncensored versions of anime usually come from BD only versions, as an incentive to buy them, and i assume censorship entails a wider appeal during TV release.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jun 18, 2019 2:04 AM
Mar 2017
Lunilah said:
Official uncensored versions of anime usually come from BD only versions, as an incentive to buy them, and I assume censorship entails a wider appeal during TV release.

ye I assumed TV airing in Japan must with Censorship, and what we get(both from legal and illegal streaming sites) is also this always Censored Version.
but I want to know if every Anime have as an option BD that is completely uncensored, or whether most Anime doesn't even have these Uncensored BD and they only have the Censored TV Airing Versions.
Jun 18, 2019 2:06 AM

Oct 2014
zagan93 said:
Lunilah said:
Official uncensored versions of anime usually come from BD only versions, as an incentive to buy them, and I assume censorship entails a wider appeal during TV release.

ye I assumed TV airing in Japan must with Censorship, and what we get(both from legal and illegal streaming sites) is also this always Censored Version.
but I want to know if every Anime have as an option BD that is completely uncensored, or whether most Anime doesn't even have these Uncensored BD and they only have the Censored TV Airing Versions.
I would assume not, but i have no metrics on that.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jun 18, 2019 2:09 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
One of the main reasons I never watch Anime weekly. I rather wait for blu-ray release and watch stuff uncensored and higher quality..

Only channel in Japan I know that airs their shows uncensored for the post part is AT-X .
Jun 18, 2019 2:13 AM

Jan 2009
buy the discs then you will get uncensored version, do note anime even those late night anime that we usually watch as fans are aired on TV channels that have censorship rules and yes like posted above i only know of AT-X channel in japan that airs uncensored version
Jun 18, 2019 7:36 AM
Mar 2017
deg said:
buy the discs then you will get uncensored version, do note anime even those late night anime that we usually watch as fans are aired on TV channels that have censorship rules and yes like posted above i only know of AT-X channel in japan that airs uncensored version

So... does all or atleast Most of the Anime out there have uncencored blue-ray versions for their episodes(and not just movies or very Mainstream/Popular Anime)?
Jun 18, 2019 10:02 AM

Jan 2009
zagan93 said:
deg said:

So... does all or atleast Most of the Anime out there have uncencored blue-ray versions for their episodes(and not just movies or very Mainstream/Popular Anime)?

yes at least most of them have, its like the main point of selling discs since it offers uncensored version
Jun 18, 2019 10:38 AM
Mar 2017
deg said:
zagan93 said:

yes at least most of them have, its like the main point of selling discs since it offers uncensored version

mm, I think I got it now. now there stand 2 new and worrying questions:
1-how am I getting these discs when I'm not in Japan? ( i suppose asking where to buy legally is fine here right?).
2- how many piles of money are needed to buy hundreds\thousands of series episodes? (as opposed to buying just a few CDs of movies).
Jun 18, 2019 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
zagan93 said:
deg said:

mm, I think I got it now. now there stand 2 new and worrying questions:
1-how am I getting these discs when I'm not in Japan? ( i suppose asking where to buy legally is fine here right?).
2- how many piles of money are needed to buy hundreds\thousands of series episodes? (as opposed to buying just a few CDs of movies).

you can check out discs sales in the forums of this site for example https://www.fandompost.com/ like if you live in USA then see this https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/forum/anime-manga-discussions/us-blu-ray-dvd-and-simulcast-industry-news

its safe to say that Japanese discs are always more expensive than locally licensed discs though like way way more cheaper so if there is a legal license discs in your country then buy those

and also there is always torrenting/pirating for BluRay rips of anime
Jun 18, 2019 12:52 PM

Mar 2016
zagan93 said:

It seems a little excessive to spend tons of money just to see some uncensored action. I mean, if you actually want to own those anime anyway go for it, but if you just want to see the scenes out of curiosity there is always other ways to do it.

But to answer the question in the OP, if censorship looks unnatural then it will most likely be taken out in the BDs, however some censorship is just built into the scene and in very rare cases are you going to see nudity you otherwise wouldn't have. Obviously, there's a lot of anime that contains no nudity at all and censored or uncensored has nothing to do with it, even on the BDs.
Jun 18, 2019 1:05 PM
Mar 2017
syncrogazer said:
zagan93 said:

It seems a little excessive to spend tons of money just to see some uncensored action. I mean, if you actually want to own those anime anyway go for it, but if you just want to see the scenes out of curiosity there is always other ways to do it.

But to answer the question in the OP, if censorship looks unnatural then it will most likely be taken out in the BDs, however some censorship is just built into the scene and in very rare cases are you going to see nudity you otherwise wouldn't have. Obviously, there's a lot of anime that contains no nudity at all and censored or uncensored has nothing to do with it, even on the BDs.

I kinda explained that in my post, I know that if there is a strand of hair covering the boob or a chair blocking the view of the amputated leg, these are going to stay and are obviously just part of the Animation.

idk, I hate censorship both of nudity and gore because, well its been a while since I was kid and cant\shouldnt watch it, so every time I see this un-natural censorship I really wanna know how they actually animated it(mostly the gore, but obviously the ecchi as well), but I guess I don't want to know ENOUGH that I would start downloading torrents and buying CDs and stuff.
its just that some Anime are so heavily censored that it really takes all the fun out of watching them and spoils the experience.
Jun 18, 2019 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
What are you really asking?
If the "Un-natural censorship" anime have uncensored versions? Then yes.

Do you know how much anime is out there? More than 10,000+, so it's some anime, not most or all.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 18, 2019 1:53 PM

Jul 2017
yes
for instance, the nazi salute of a character from jojos bizzare adventure is censored with pitch black screen but its not from the bd version of the anime
but not to all of them i think
there are anime where these censorship are done purposely
Jun 18, 2019 1:54 PM

Jan 2009
Cabron said:

Do you know how much anime is out there? More than 10,000+, so it's some anime, not most or all.

that is true i stand corrected on that one especially that a lot of old anime do not have remastered or disc versions today
Jun 18, 2019 2:15 PM

Mar 2016
zagan93 said:
I kinda explained that in my post

I just wanted to make sure you didn't think you'd have to go into debt seeking out some secret treasure trove of nudity and gore.

but I guess I don't want to know ENOUGH that I would start downloading torrents and buying CDs and stuff.
its just that some Anime are so heavily censored that it really takes all the fun out of watching them and spoils the experience.

So you don't really care then? The only thing I could suggest is stop watching TV anime and just wait for the BDs. I personally don't see censorship as ever-present in TV anime, but I guess it depends on what stuff you're watching, and how.
syncrogazerJun 18, 2019 2:23 PM
Jun 18, 2019 11:05 PM
Mar 2017
Cabron said:
What are you really asking?
If the "Un-natural censorship" anime have uncensored versions? Then yes.

there are many Anime without censorship at all or with the "Built-In" censorship like hair, furniture, etc that blocks the view, I'm obviously not talking about those out of the 10K+ anime that exist, I only talk about all the ones with the "Un-natural" censorship where its kinda clear it was added on top of the actual animation to hide it for the TV airing. specifically for those(and let's forget the very old ones ), is there a bd version for them available? it makes sense to me that they do but idk really.
Jun 18, 2019 11:11 PM

Apr 2015
Not for all of them. Nisekoi actually added more "unnatural censorship" for its BD release.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 18, 2019 11:13 PM
Mar 2017
syncrogazer said:
zagan93 said:
I kinda explained that in my post

I just wanted to make sure you didn't think you'd have to go into debt seeking out some secret treasure trove of nudity and gore.

but I guess I don't want to know ENOUGH that I would start downloading torrents and buying CDs and stuff.

So you don't really care then? The only thing I could suggest is stop watching TV anime and just wait for the BDs. I personally don't see censorship as ever-present in TV anime, but I guess it depends on what stuff you're watching, and how.

I will be honest with ya, I only wanted to know for the sake of knowledge and peace of mind, that all these anime with the awful censorship that partially ruins my watching experience, have a redeeming version of them without this atrocious type of censorship, and with cleaner higher quality animation to boot.
I will keep watching all the TV aired versions, but I may buy myself the BD of something that I really like once in a while.
thanks for answering btw .

More topics from this board

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

63 by Ricchan__ »»
54 seconds ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 3 hours ago

11 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

25 by Gator »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

44 by Gator »»
25 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

51 by Gator »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.