Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2019 11:30 PM

Feb 2019
While watching the Pokemon anime, it occurred to me that every animal ever featured on the show was a Pokemon. Yet I never saw anyone on the show eat one. Are they all vegetarian?

1. Given how intelligent and social Pokemon are, is it humane to eat them?
2. What are some Pokemon you absolutely wouldn't eat?
3. What are some Pokemon you WOULD eat?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2019 11:32 PM

Jan 2011
Well, Slowpoke Tail is considered a delicacy.
Jun 17, 2019 11:32 PM

Oct 2011
I would like one serving of pikachu fillet please.
Jun 17, 2019 11:40 PM

Feb 2019
ReaperCreeper said:

I did not know we had Shellders on MAL
Jun 17, 2019 11:40 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Here are some Pokedex entries for you:

Crabrawler:
It punches so much, its pincers often come off from overuse, but they grow back quickly. What little meat they contain is rich and delicious.

Slowpoke:
Alolan home cooking involves drying Slowpoke tails and then simmering them into a salty stew.

Clawitzer:
Its right arm is packed with meat. When its pincer falls off, it's exported to be used as a cooking ingredient

Based on those, I guess that the Pokemon meat comes from parts of the Pokemon that naturally come off. In that case, wouldn't it be acceptable to eat those?
Jun 18, 2019 4:32 AM

Dec 2016
Probably they do, though obviously since you didn't wanna scare the kids, they were not going to tell you
Jun 19, 2019 12:17 PM

Dec 2017
People in pokemon universe eat magikarp since fishermen are always catching them

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Jun 19, 2019 12:20 PM

Sep 2018
Farfetched almost become extinct due to it being a delicacy.
Jun 20, 2019 10:08 AM

Feb 2010
SamHandwich said:
ReaperCreeper said:

I did not know we had Shellders on MAL

Play Pokemon gold and silver. Team Rocket is legit selling slowpoke tails for people to eat
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 20, 2019 9:50 PM

Sep 2012
Mmmm roast Psyduck. Could go for some Mareep chops too. I'll pass on the grilled Magicarp tho
Jun 20, 2019 10:28 PM

Oct 2010
I'll just leave this here:

Looking like some good meat for some nigiri.
Jun 21, 2019 12:22 AM

Aug 2018
I think they don't but I can't be so sure
Jun 21, 2019 12:28 AM

Feb 2017
I they eat less intelligent Pokemons magikarp.

Jun 21, 2019 12:50 AM

Jun 2019
1.I think they will eat pokemon because the only animal except for pokemons that
live in the pokemon world is this

2.The 1 pokemon i wont eat is Trubish
3.the pokemon i will most likely eat is weepinbell because it looks edible lol
Jun 21, 2019 1:10 AM

May 2014
I'd rather not think about it. But maybe in Pokemon everyone is a Pescatarian, so only the fish Pokemon like Magikarp and Goldeen get eaten. I can live with that.
Jun 21, 2019 1:34 AM
May 2014
I would eat a pikachu. Sounds shockingly good!
Jun 21, 2019 1:54 AM

Jan 2017
There was that one scene in the first season of the anime where Ash&crew eat a Magikarp
Jun 21, 2019 2:13 AM

Jul 2013
Tbh this is a thread for the ages.

I wouldn't eat most pokemon, they're too cute.

Would eat Tauros though.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jun 21, 2019 2:28 AM

Oct 2010
I would eat a Charmander because it looks like a baby dragon and the meat would be good because of the fire.
Jun 21, 2019 8:51 AM

May 2016
Those miltank steaks and torchic nuggets are delicious <3
Jun 21, 2019 8:59 AM

Dec 2015
rohan121 said:

Farfetch'd roasted with it's own leek does sound good, maybe fry an Exeggcute and throw that on top, or maybe a nice Pidgey pie.
Damn not that I think about it a lot of Pokemon sound delicious.
Jun 21, 2019 9:14 AM

Aug 2009
Looks like they eat some pokemon... or at least some parts of pokemon.

I would totally be down to eat pokemon. Some of those little bitches look delicious.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 21, 2019 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't even played a single pokemon game in my entire life, don't see what's so special about them that makes them sell. Is it because it's Japanese?! I don't see any other real reason.
Jun 21, 2019 10:46 AM

Dec 2013
BallistikJuice said:
I haven't even played a single pokemon game in my entire life, don't see what's so special about them that makes them sell. Is it because it's Japanese?! I don't see any other real reason.

Well it's a given that you don't understand why people like something if you haven't tried it. :P As a kid when I first got into Pokémon I didn't even know it was Japanese, in fact I didn't even know the show was an anime or what anime is. They're just fun games with adorable critters, can't go wrong with that.
Jun 21, 2019 10:57 AM
Jul 2018
Ellert0 said:
BallistikJuice said:

Well it's a given that you don't understand why people like something if you haven't tried it. :P As a kid when I first got into Pokémon I didn't even know it was Japanese, in fact I didn't even know the show was an anime or what anime is. They're just fun games with adorable critters, can't go wrong with that.

As a kid, I've played Castlevania/Ninja Gaiden NES games and little later Master of Magic on an old used ass PC.

Even back then, something like a "pokemon game" I would have given to some neighbor girl as a present. Don't see another real use of it.
Jun 21, 2019 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
But what if you tried to eat porygon?
Jun 21, 2019 3:03 PM

Mar 2014
here's the food chain:

humans plant berries --> pokemons eat berries --> humans eat pokemons
Jun 21, 2019 3:35 PM

Dec 2015
konkelo said:

You have a seizure and get to be in the news papers.
Jun 21, 2019 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
Bobby2Hands said:
rohan121 said:

Farfetch'd roasted with it's own leek does sound good, maybe fry an Exeggcute and throw that on top, or maybe a nice Pidgey pie.
Damn not that I think about it a lot of Pokemon sound delicious.

I mean, how you could resist, if your delicious duck meat dinner carries its own side dish?

Long time I didn't understand Farfetch'd's (that looks dumb...) design, but then I read that bulbapedia site, which stated: "Farfetch'd is based on a duck. It may be inspired by the Japanese saying 「鴨が葱を背負って来る」, literally translating to "a duck comes bearing green onions". As a saying, it means "something surprising but convenient". The phrase can be shortened simply to 「鴨葱."
That design is ironically mean haha.
Jun 22, 2019 5:53 PM

Jul 2017
SamHandwich said:
While watching the Pokemon anime, it occurred to me that every animal ever featured on the show was a Pokemon. Yet I never saw anyone on the show eat one. Are they all vegetarian?

1. Given how intelligent and social Pokemon are, is it humane to eat them?
2. What are some Pokemon you absolutely wouldn't eat?
3. What are some Pokemon you WOULD eat?

1 i think it is as long as the pokemons aren't treated equally on terms with human and if they don't display much human characteristics but if so i think it would be a problem
anyway i would never eat a pokemon consider how cute most of them are
if pokemons are savage and don't seem to posess high iq like they are in the games/anime i think people will have a easier time come to realize that they are no different than animals

2 any pokemons that might give me poison or any pokemons that look disgusting or hard to eat ofc if they are edible

3 hmm i don't know, probably water type pokemons because most of them look clean
or any fluffy pokemons
Jun 23, 2019 4:38 AM

Mar 2012
Why would they eat pokemon when they can eat

But I remember there being scenes where they were eating some sort of meat, given that there are no animals other than pokemon in that world they most probably eat pokemon.
Jun 23, 2019 4:45 AM

Jul 2009
Yes it's true. People in real life eat Magikarp, Sharpedo, Pidgey, and Miltank. Heck, some people eat Rattata, Ekans, and various forms of Scyther depending on the culture and/or economy.
Jun 23, 2019 6:57 AM

Jul 2015
BallistikJuice said:
Ellert0 said:

As a kid, I've played Castlevania/Ninja Gaiden NES games and little later Master of Magic on an old used ass PC.

Even back then, something like a "pokemon game" I would have given to some neighbor girl as a present. Don't see another real use of it.

The first Pokemon games are simple but fun turn-based "RPGs" (as RP as a japanese games gets - they're not role-playing games). I had no problem switching back and forth between Super Castelvania IV and Pokemon as a kid (^:
They're also funnier games when others around you play them too, so they quickly invaded my school back then. But I think you're older than me.
Jun 23, 2019 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
Deathko said:
BallistikJuice said:

The first Pokemon games are simple but fun turn-based "RPGs" (as RP as a japanese games gets - they're not role-playing games). I had no problem switching back and forth between Super Castelvania IV and Pokemon as a kid (^:
They're also funnier games when others around you play them too, so they quickly invaded my school back then. But I think you're older than me.

Vampires, skeletons, zombies, castles, etc were more fascinating for me than Marios, Zeldas, etc. and I wish I had SNES to play Super Castlevania IV, that system was bloody expansive as fuck (so, I've only enjoyed of what I had, which is stupid ass some Chinese (used) 8 bit "NES" knock-off, which later I've traded for half-broken ass with a cracked case "PC-DOS" to some "snobby rich neighbor girl", She was fascinated by Mario games, lol,) (my brother fixed it later on for me, scored!)

Here is what I had.

while all the rich normies were playing on this one.
removed-userJun 23, 2019 10:15 AM
Jun 23, 2019 8:12 AM

Jul 2015
@BallistikJuice >.> first time seeing that chinese knock-off.

If you feel like emulating, I'd suggest SCIV and Super Metroid, both are great platformers. And if you're still into "scary" stuf... Super Ghouls n' Ghosts! (makes Castelvania games look easy tho)
Jun 23, 2019 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Deathko said:
@BallistikJuice >.> first time seeing that chinese knock-off.

If you feel like emulating, I'd suggest SCIV and Super Metroid, both are great platformers. And if you're still into "scary" stuf... Super Ghouls n' Ghosts! (makes Castelvania games look easy tho)

Because Nintendo wasn't selling their products in Russia(back then) so Taiwanese/Chinese had to ditch-in their dirty hands and dominate Russian electronics market during that time (oh, and all the NES games were untranslated Japanese, imagine that! it was horrible, lol)

=================
@Deathko, yes, I've played(on Emulators) and really enjoyed "Super Castlevania IV" but still can't beat "Super Ghouls n' Ghosts!" to this day(even though I like this one way more than SCIV, I'm not that young I guess), but since I've never owned SNES system or any of these games myself, I can't put them on "my favorite games list" =.=

*And I've tried Super Metroid but didn't like it (maybe because I don't like Sci-fi/or Shooters in general)
removed-userJun 23, 2019 10:33 AM
Jun 23, 2019 10:46 AM

Jul 2015
We "finished" Super Ghouls n' Ghost one night with a friend thanks to the magic of save states. Probably one of the hardest games I played. Demon's Crest on the same platform is AWESOME. You play the red devil that is an enemy in Ghouls n' Ghosts!
Jun 23, 2019 11:43 AM

Feb 2019
foscor70 said:
I they eat less intelligent Pokemons magikarp.

Magikarp may look unintelligent but it gets abused more than any other Pokemon. Behind its glassy eyes is the "all of mankind will pay" mentality that makes it snap and evolve into Gyarados
BallistikJuice said:

During the time of GB/GBC, Pokemon was appealing because it was the only game you could carry around with you and play with friends using a team hand-picked from 150 creatures. Among those 150 creatures they had cute ones (Eevee,) cool ones (Scyther,) and funny ones (Koffing/Psyduck.) The games had a lot of positive exposure from a highly popular anime and trading card game. To top it off, it pissed people's parents off when they spent a lot of time on Pokemon. If your parents hated it you knew it was good.

Currently, Pokemon is great because they expanded the story, graphics, and library of selectable Pokemon. There are people who say that RBY are the best, but they forget that they spent most of the game with a team that was basically a rock, a bird, a rat, etc. who mostly knew normal-type moves. In X/Y, you can make it to the second gym with a dragon, a ghost, A WILD EEVEE, and a cool bug. Virtually every type is represented right off the bat so you don't have to be constrained by artificial scarcity. There's also the fact that it's such an ideal candidate for Nintendo's online features.
Bobby2Hands said:
konkelo said:

You have a seizure and get to be in the news papers.

lmao
Jun 23, 2019 12:37 PM

Feb 2019
Why eat pokemons? They're too adorable. Just eat humans, they reproduce fast anyway.
Jun 23, 2019 1:18 PM

Jul 2015
I have always thought about this, wasn't one of Ash's companions a chef or cook? I always thought that he would have cooked up Pikachu maybe in a self Picachu cooker, (The Picachu's own electric energy actually will cook the Picachu), or that maybe Team Rocket would catch and sell Picachu to a gourmet lover of Pokemon meat.
Jun 27, 2020 4:18 PM

Aug 2018
I think people do eat some pokemon. I would eat magikarp since its a fish and I kinda like seafood.

Jun 27, 2020 4:21 PM

Sep 2018
i mean theyre letting them beat the shit out of each other i dont see how thats more humane than eating them
Jun 27, 2020 4:22 PM

Dec 2019
didnt they eat a magikarp before? lol
Ḻ͖͚̤̥͂ͪͩ̽ͅo͖̺̒̉r̰̝ͣͤ̌̉̃̀d ͈̹̠͎͙̗ͪ̄͆ͪ̈̃̀R̩͌͂͑ͦi͔̯̱̣̹̜̲x͕̮̞̮̪̒͆̈́u̜̦͔͈̮͕͈͐̇̔̒̐el̰̖̦͒͛

Discord qhCsvqT

Make English people read this: Ohio go say mass
Jun 28, 2020 1:03 AM

Sep 2009
To me, pokemon feels like dogs and cats...
Jun 28, 2020 1:27 AM

May 2013
Pokemon are like astral beings who will bless a planet with their incredibly cute existence, so it's safe to say that eating them isn't on the agenda.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Jun 28, 2020 2:01 PM

Jun 2015
pokemon are eaten, but that's not really the worst part

they are enslaved, forced to fight, eventually manipulated to think they love their unfair conditions

actually, they are treated much like real life animals
owning pets is slavery
we just don't make them fight, usually

Jun 29, 2020 8:44 AM

Oct 2019
I never noticed any normal animals there so they must eat pokemon for meat.

Jun 29, 2020 9:09 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Yes, humans eat pokemons. The fisher that sells a Magikarp, the Magikarp eaten. The manga is more colorful in the aspect of realism. I suggest you read that. Also, humans supposedly are pokemons, or something. It's about the 4G's lore, if I remember.

Jul 13, 2020 8:14 PM
Jul 2018
Mr. Mime meat sounds delicious, honestly.
Jul 14, 2020 7:05 AM

Dec 2012
Looks like my thinking same as yours lol..
sometimes i also wonder if theres real animal in pokemon world..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why should we have sympathy for drug addicts? ( 1 2 )

HarryRambod22 - Feb 10, 2022

62 by Rinenka »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - 4 hours ago

19 by Rinenka »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk? ( 1 2 )

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

54 by LoveLikeBlood »»
7 minutes ago

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

29 by LoveLikeBlood »»
8 minutes ago

» Is fanart cheating?

spaceslut - Mar 5, 2023

43 by DesuMaiden »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.