Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 17, 2019 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
As many of you may already know, Milo Yiannopoulos, a gay man with a black husband, is going to be leading a "straight pride" parade in Boston, which aims to celebrate inclusivity and diversity, openly welcoming both straight people and any minority to celebrate the values and worth of heterosexual relationships.

I see this as a great thing personally, and I'd like to say thank you to all the STRAIGHT parents of gay children, your straightness and willingness to procreate has created a more open and diverse enviornment full of people who will undoubtably stand up for Gay Pride and LGBTQ+ rights in the future.

What is everyone else's thoughts on this? Do you view this as something positive, will you be helping support it, or do you view this as something negative and will you be taking actions against it? As usual, let's have a calm, civil discussion about the topic and let everyone voice their opinion. Remember, not agreeing with someone does not make them wrong and does not mean they should be silenced or ignored.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2019 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
As a straight person myself, I have never felt the wish to have any parade like that. However, those who want to partake in something like that are free to do so.
Jun 17, 2019 11:19 AM

Jan 2017
as a person unknown of my own sexuality i don’t care
Jun 17, 2019 11:19 AM
Feb 2017
I don't see a problem with it. I do see people taking offense to this like when people were offended by the "All Lives Matter" movement as it was shining light from the "Black Lives Matter" movement. I definitely won't take part in this, as there is no point in me walking to just show that I'm straight. But hey, you do you.
Jun 17, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2012
Obviously, this whole undertaking is nothing but a rather poorly veiled trolling. Something at the level of Satanism and paganism as a provocation to Christianity and religious fundamentalists among the metal groups.

Jun 17, 2019 11:25 AM

Jun 2015
KindUnicorn said:
That pride would be pointless since wast majority of people are st8.

so just because you're part of a majority means you shouldn't be proud of yourself?

RobertBobert said:
Obviously, this whole undertaking is nothing but a rather poorly veiled trolling. Something at the level of Satanism and paganism as a provocation to Christianity and religious fundamentalists among the metal groups.

First of all, what evidence are you using to make this claim? Have you seen milo's interview with the event organizers he livestreamed today? Have you been to the organizers website?
Second of all, let's assume you're correct. Does that mean it's wrong or that the parade/movement should be censored?
Jun 17, 2019 11:29 AM
Feb 2017
xaow said:
KindUnicorn said:
That pride would be pointless since wast majority of people are st8.

so just because you're part of a majority means you shouldn't be proud of yourself?

RobertBobert said:

First of all, what evidence are you using to make this claim? Have you seen milo's interview with the event organizers he livestreamed today? Have you been to the organizers website?
Second of all, let's assume you're correct. Does that mean it's wrong or that the parade/movement should be censored?

Much like how gay people show pride to think that it is okay for them to be gay, groups with a majority of the population can express pride in that it is okay to be a part of the majority. That's how I see it, anyway.
Jun 17, 2019 11:33 AM

Apr 2012
@xaow I will not start a discussion about the essence of gay parades, I will say something else. I am not an enemy or opponent of Milo, but I am definitely sure that he is well aware of what reaction this will cause. No, I am sure that he even intentionally expects such a reaction.

With the same naivety, you can believe that Colbert is a real Republican.

@BlakexEkalb It is normal to be or be and proud that you are white or black, straight or gay, etc. Nobody argues about this. The question is that the straight pride parade in the modern USA is equivalent to the gay parade in Moscow. It is so provocative and suicidal that either a child or a troll can seriously think about it.

RobertBobertJun 17, 2019 11:38 AM
Jun 17, 2019 11:35 AM

Jun 2015
BlakexEkalb said:

Much like how gay people show pride to think that it is okay for them to be gay, groups with a majority of the population can express pride in that it is okay to be a part of the majority. That's how I see it, anyway.

well, I'm genuinely happy that we finally agree on something, friend.

Flevalt said:
xaow said:
or do you view this as something negative and will you be taking actions against it?

You already had something in mind when you added this?

No not at all, I'm just aware that there will be negative reactions to this as well as positive, like with all things, so I want to be inclusive and open to those who might react negatively. Why do you ask?

KindUnicorn said:

That parade represents symbol of their liberation from oppression, since st8 people were not being discriminated and oppressed for centuries it would be pointless to have a st8 parade.

well, it might be pointless to you but it seems like there has been a general outpouring of support and that there are more than enough people who are supportive of the parade, so it's clearly not pointless to them. Maybe they feel as though they have been discriminated against or oppressed somehow? I say it's a good thing to let them openly advocate for themselves and celebrate their pride, and that we should hear their side of the story.

RobertBobert said:
@xaow I will not start a discussion about the essence of gay parades, I will say something else. I am not an enemy or opponent of Milo, but I am definitely sure that he is well aware of what reaction this will cause. No, I am sure that he even intentionally expects such a reaction.

With the same naivety, you can believe that Colbert is a real Republican.

@BlakexEkalb It is normal to be or be and proud that you are white or black, straight or gay, etc. Nobody argues about this. The question is that the white pride parade in the modern USA is equivalent to the gay parade in Moscow. It is so provocative and suicidal that either a child or a troll can seriously think about it.

Well, Colbert makes it much more clear that he's trolling and doing satire. I'd also argue that milo goes about his "trolling" or more accurately inciting people politically to take action much more strategically, but I guess that's a matter of opinion.

Also, I don't think anyone's compared straight pride to gay pride in third world countries or areas where lgbt people are opressed, this isn't a matter of comparison. It is instead a celebration of inclusivity and how great it is to be straight. In fact I'd be willing to bet most people who are for the parade will tell you that they agree that straight people are priviledged, which is exactly why they want to celebrate. Should they not be happy that they're doing well? Hell, I'm happy for them!

xaowJun 17, 2019 11:41 AM
Jun 17, 2019 11:36 AM
Feb 2017
KindUnicorn said:
xaow said:

That parade represents symbol of their liberation from oppression, since st8 people were not being discriminated and oppressed for centuries it would be pointless to have a st8 parade.

You could use the argument that I stated above, that they are showing pride in that it is still okay to be a part of the majority since some people will get the impression that being a part of the majority makes you the enemy.

xaow said:

well, I'm genuinely happy that we finally agree on something, friend.

I don't remember us disagreeing on anything else, but nice I guess :).
Jun 17, 2019 11:40 AM

Mar 2019
I'd rather that "gay pride" go away.

The man that takes "pride" in these absurd things most likely has very little actual accomplishments to take pride in.

Few things are more annoying than the man that openly declares pride into these absurd descriptions. Pride is to be reserved for achievements accomplished with hard work.

Apart from that heterofags and homofags are primitive troglodytes. In 2019 these savages still care about a man's gender? Pfah.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 17, 2019 11:43 AM

Mar 2019
KindUnicorn said:
xaow said:

"gay" and "straight" exists not even "for centuries"; they're labels invented by loco psychiatrists in the late 19th century that somehow caught on into the minds of weaklings with identity complexes that feel the need to put themselves into absurd boxes.

I'll believe that "sexual orientations" are not some made up cultural fad that will surely eventually die out as quickly as it came (it already seems on the way out) the moment they come with an actual objective biochemical test to divine a man's "sexual orientation" beyond "self-identification". Be it showable with a brain scan or a blood test I'll believe it but they tried, and tried, and tried to realize that and they are no further than the started for it is naught but a fad that has overstayed its welcome for far too long now.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 17, 2019 11:43 AM

Sep 2018
I think a straight pride parade is kind of silly. If they want to do it; they should be able to do so.
Jun 17, 2019 11:47 AM

Jun 2015
KindUnicorn said:
BlakexEkalb said:

You should try being proud of your own accomplishments instead of the fact that your part of the majority case that doesn't make you special it makes you average.

Why is it wrong to be proud to be average? Why is it wrong to celebrate something you identify with?

Sphinxter said:

The man that takes "pride" in these absurd things most likely has very little actual accomplishments to take pride in.

Few things are more annoying than the man that openly declares pride into these absurd descriptions. Pride is to be reserved for achievements accomplished with hard work.

Apart from that heterofags and homofags are primitive troglodytes. In 2019 these savages still care about a man's gender? Pfah.

Actually, there are quite a few people who are very succesful who are taking part in this parade, I'd say they have many accomplishments to be proud of. Likely more than us.

And would you not say that organizing the world's first succesful straight pride parade is hard work? It seems fairly obvious there will be a lot of people that exist that disagree with it, as this thread and your stance against it proves.
Jun 17, 2019 11:47 AM

Apr 2012
@xaow The essence of pride parades can be discussed endlessly, therefore, as I said above, I will not even try to do it. But if you are on the Internet not the first day, then I am sure that you yourself understand perfectly well that this action is an obvious trolling and satire on gay parades.

Hell, the guys even deliberately chose as their icons those celebrities who are known for their progressive position.
Jun 17, 2019 11:50 AM

Mar 2019
xaow said:
Sphinxter said:

Actually, there are quite a few people who are very succesful who are taking part in this parade, I'd say they have many accomplishments to be proud of. Likely more than us.

And would you not say that organizing the world's first succesful straight pride parade is hard work? It seems fairly obvious there will be a lot of people that exist that disagree with it, as this thread and your stance against it proves.
Being proud of having organized a parade around being proud of being heterosexual is something entirely different than being proud of heterosexual in and of itself.

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 17, 2019 11:51 AM

Dec 2015
LOL just when people were wondering why CD has gotten boring. what timing.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jun 17, 2019 11:52 AM

Jun 2015
RobertBobert said:
@xaow The essence of pride parades can be discussed endlessly, therefore, as I said above, I will not even try to do it. But if you are on the Internet not the first day, then I am sure that you yourself understand perfectly well that this action is an obvious trolling and satire on gay parades.

Hell, the guys even deliberately chose as their icons those celebrities who are known for their progressive position.

I understand, and I'm not trying to debate the essence of the parade. I'm asking instead that even if you assume that it is trolling, if that makes it wrong.

KindUnicorn said:
xaow said:
well, it might be pointless to you but it seems like there has been a general outpouring of support and that there are more than enough people who are supportive of the parade, so it's clearly not pointless to them. Maybe they feel as though they have been discriminated against or oppressed somehow? I say it's a good thing to let them openly advocate for themselves and celebrate their pride, and that we should hear their side of the story.

"Citation needed" how exactly are st8 people being oppressed?
And if people what to have that parade let them have it. I was just expressing my opinion that it's stupid and pointless but overall I couldn't care less either way.

I'm not personally aware of straight people being openly opressed, I was just suggesting that perhaps there are straight people who exist who feel that they have been opressed, in which case I think it's imperative that we listen to them and understand their feelings, just as we would if a non-straight person felt they were opressed.

In any case, I respect and understand your opinion that it seems stupid and pointless and apprecieate that you're at least open to the idea of being apathetic to it going on instead of trying to censor it.

Sphinxter said:
xaow said:

Being proud of having organized a parade around being proud of being heterosexual is something entirely different than being proud of heterosexual in and of itself.

true. Perhaps there should be a "pride parade pride parade" where people celebrate being prideful of having pride parades.

Lunafleurette said:

The fact that this is easily the most responded to and egaged with thread that's been created recently seems to prove what you're suggesting (that this thread is boring) to be wrong.
Jun 17, 2019 11:55 AM

Apr 2017
The right: ugh the left with their identity politics

Also the right: a GAY MAN with a BLACK HUSBAND

I find this the equivalent to a petulant child taking over mother's day and asking why there is no children's day. Everyday is children's day and every month is straight pride month.
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Jun 17, 2019 11:56 AM

Mar 2019
xaow said:

Why is it wrong to be proud to be average? Why is it wrong to celebrate something you identify with?
Identifying with something itself is not only symptomatic of a feeble mind that cannot accept individual responsibility; it's also dangerous.

The man that "identifies" as part of a group is never objective, he will always see the world in a ridiculous '"we" vs "them"'-cloak; he will never be able to objectively look at member sof the in and out-group.

Furthermore he demonstrates that his is the mind of a slave; all these "identities" are arbitrary social constructions that are followed by children of culture; men incapable of charting their own course through life that blindly follow what went before them without critical thought. The lines wherein society casts these "identities" are always arbitrary and differ from place to place. The man that identifies is no man at all but a slave — for he obeys rather than chooses; he is too weak and wanting in imagination to divine his own ideas.

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 17, 2019 11:56 AM

Apr 2012
@xaow I do not care about this. If people like it and it doesn't bring any harm to other people, then let them do what they want.
Jun 17, 2019 12:01 PM

Jun 2015
yukai- said:

I find this the equivalent to a petulant child taking over mother's day and asking why there is no children's day. Everyday is children's day and every month is straight pride month.

actually, I don't identify with the right. Instead I'd classify myself as a more classic libertarian liberal who values free speech above all else. Regardless, I'm curious as to how you arrived at the idea that this thread or straight pride have something to do with politics?

Additionally, I understand you're perspective and what you are saying, that gay pride is special because straight people are inherently priviledged, however I'd like to pose the question that does that mean that straight people then shouldn't be able to be prideful or shouldn't celebrate their virtues in an inclusive parade?

Sphinxter said:
xaow said:

Identifying with something itself is not only symptomatic of a feeble mind that cannot accept individual responsibility; it's also dangerous.

The man that "identifies" as part of a group is never objective, he will always see the world in a ridiculous '"we" vs "them"'-cloak; he will never be able to objectively look at member sof the in and out-group.

Furthermore he demonstrates that his is the mind of a slave; all these "identities" are arbitrary social constructions that are followed by children of culture; men incapable of charting their own course through life that blindly follow what went before them without critical thought. The lines wherein society casts these "identities" are always arbitrary and differ from place to place. The man that identifies is no man at all but a slave — for he obeys rather than chooses; he is too weak and wanting in imagination to divine his own ideas.

I get what you're saying, and to an extent I agree with you, Personally I'm not a fan of identiy politics or anything of the sort. However, I'd like to also suggest that this position is definetly an outlier, and does not represent the majority of people's opinion. I'd posit that the majority of people actually do like having something they identify with, and which represents them, in which case it's ok for them to celebrate those ideals.
Jun 17, 2019 12:01 PM

Oct 2015
As straight people don't face any persecution on the grounds of their sexuality, this parade event hardly serves any purpose. But if people want to waste their time who am I to preclude it?

@Sphinxter

The reason for gay prides aren't boasting about one's sexuality, it's a reponse to society's maltreatment of LGBT people. A way of telling that they exist and deserve acceptance.
Auron_Jun 17, 2019 12:08 PM
Jun 17, 2019 12:04 PM

Apr 2012
Orhunaa said:
As straight people don't face any persecution on the grounds of their sexuality, this parade event hardly serves any purpose. But if people want to waste their time who am I to preclude it?

Given the realities of the modern Western world, I could argue about discrimination of straight for their sexuality, lol. But the straight parade theme itself is already fat enough not to make it even hotter.
Jun 17, 2019 12:07 PM

Apr 2012
KindUnicorn said:
Sphinxter said:
"gay" and "straight" exists not even "for centuries"; they're labels invented by loco psychiatrists in the late 19th century that somehow caught on into the minds of weaklings with identity complexes that feel the need to put themselves into absurd boxes.

I'll believe that "sexual orientations" are not some made up cultural fad that will surely eventually die out as quickly as it came (it already seems on the way out) the moment they come with an actual objective biochemical test to divine a man's "sexual orientation" beyond "self-identification". Be it showable with a brain scan or a blood test I'll believe it but they tried, and tried, and tried to realize that and they are no further than the started for it is naught but a fad that has overstayed its welcome for far too long now.

While labels were invented in 19th century, there are records of gay people existence as early as ancient Greece.
So i don't think they are going away any time soon.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_homosexuality

You did not understand the essence of his words. The question is that in ancient Greece there was no gay vs straight dilemma at all. Just like in Japan with its Class S and "spiritual love". In this context, the Greeks had only male and female love, as well as male and female position, which was very important depending on the context.
Jun 17, 2019 12:09 PM

Dec 2015
xaow said:
RobertBobert said:

I understand, and I'm not trying to debate the essence of the parade. I'm asking instead that even if you assume that it is trolling, if that makes it wrong.

KindUnicorn said:

"Citation needed" how exactly are st8 people being oppressed?
And if people what to have that parade let them have it. I was just expressing my opinion that it's stupid and pointless but overall I couldn't care less either way.

I'm not personally aware of straight people being openly opressed, I was just suggesting that perhaps there are straight people who exist who feel that they have been opressed, in which case I think it's imperative that we listen to them and understand their feelings, just as we would if a non-straight person felt they were opressed.

In any case, I respect and understand your opinion that it seems stupid and pointless and apprecieate that you're at least open to the idea of being apathetic to it going on instead of trying to censor it.

Sphinxter said:

true. Perhaps there should be a "pride parade pride parade" where people celebrate being prideful of having pride parades.

Lunafleurette said:

The fact that this is easily the most responded to and egaged with thread that's been created recently seems to prove what you're suggesting (that this thread is boring) to be wrong.

Are you dense? What I meant is this will be the MOST fascinating thread to come along in a while according to CD standards. How did you even misunderstand the wording lmao

Jun 17, 2019 12:10 PM
Feb 2017
Lunafleurette said:
xaow said:

Are you dense? What I meant is this will be the MOST fascinating thread to come along in a while according to CD standards. How did you even misunderstand the wording lmao

To be fair, some of these threads pop up every week. You just have to be there before they start getting big.
Jun 17, 2019 12:11 PM

Apr 2017
xaow said:
yukai- said:

actually, I don't identify with the right. Instead I'd classify myself as a more classic libertarian liberal who values free speech above all else. Regardless, I'm curious as to how you arrived at the idea that this thread or straight pride have something to do with politics?

Additionally, I understand you're perspective and what you are saying, that gay pride is special because straight people are inherently priviledged, however I'd like to pose the question that does that mean that straight people then shouldn't be able to be prideful or shouldn't celebrate their virtues in an inclusive parade?

1. You'd be lying if you said that sexual identity wasn't a hot button political issue with the left being in favor of lgbtq+ and the right being mostly against it
2. That joke was not directly targeted at you just at the following of Milo who mainly is popular because of his identity. Do tell tho, what is your personal stance on the issue of identity politics? Id love to see what a classical libertarian thinks about it.
3. The answer to your question is yes they should be able to, but no they shouldnt until true equality is achieved. Otherwise it's just regressive
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Jun 17, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2019

xaow said:
I get what you're saying, and to an extent I agree with you, Personally I'm not a fan of identiy politics or anything of the sort. However, I'd like to also suggest that this position is definetly an outlier, and does not represent the majority of people's opinion. I'd posit that the majority of people actually do like having something they identify with, and which represents them, in which case it's ok for them to celebrate those ideals.
I have never denied that the majority of humans are feeble-minded weaklings incapable of making their own decisions; endless and endless batteries of scientific investigation have surely attested to that a man in general is a slave to the opinions of others: put a man in a room of thirty actors that prætend to believe that capital of Germany is Cairo and after initial disbelief the sole innocuous man will come to believe it as well for a man's thoughts are not free and his but a slave bound by those of his peers.

KindUnicorn said:
Sphinxter said:

While labels were invented in 19th century, there are records of gay people existence as early as ancient Greece.
So i don't think they are going away any time soon.
No, there are records of same-sex sexual activity as old as time itself.

The entire point is that they had no "sexual orientation"; this was a time where for lack of a better word every human being was "bisexual" and if every man is bisexual then no man is.

"sexual orientations" are a made up box assimilated by weaklings overtly concerted with labels that need to fit in with their peers and force themselves into it. In a cultural vacuum all men are "bisexual".
SphinxterJun 17, 2019 12:14 PM

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 17, 2019 12:13 PM

Mar 2019
KindUnicorn said:
But gay pride is more about being a symbol of liberation of gay people then anything else kinda like 8 march being a female symbol of liberation or Black Month being a symbol of African-American liberation etc.
Then don't call it "pride"; there's a festival in Suriname called "Kiti Koti" meaning "broken shackles" that celebrates the end of slavery. But no man there is "We are so proud that we weren't born into slavery."; they are "We are happy we aren't born into slavery and it's a thing of the past now." and there is nothing wrong with celebrating that but they don't call it "pride".

Don't get angry at others misunderstanding what it supposedly "really means" if the terms one uses are seemingly purposefully obfuscating said meaning.

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 17, 2019 12:17 PM
Feb 2016
Oh boy, another CD discussion, I wonder what's...

On second thought, nah man I'm out

Oct 2015
RobertBobert said:
Orhunaa said:

Given the realities of the modern Western world, I could argue about discrimination of straight for their sexuality, lol. But the straight parade theme itself is already fat enough not to make it even hotter.

Do tell me when straight people are executed/incarcarated/beaten up/raped because they wanted to have relationships. Surely you do not equate a college student speaking to you in a rude manner with what LGBT people have to go through in many parts of the world.

Oct 2010
Why do we need to celebrate something that has been celebrated by media and society for thousands of years and is such a prominent part of the cultural normativity that no one ever in human existence has questioned it?
Jun 17, 2019 12:20 PM

Jun 2015
Lunafleurette said:

I misunderstood! Sorry, I'm replying to a lot of people at once.

yukai- said:

1. if you said that sexual identity wasn't a hot button political issue with the left being in favor of lgbtq+ and the right being mostly against it

I think there's a fair bit more lgbtq representation on the right than you realize, however it's also fair to presume that it's likely that more lgbt+ folk may lean left. With that being said, I would not assume that someone is left wing just because they are not cis or heterosexual. Also, I made a thread recently about Trump being the first republican president to openly celebrate pride month, So i'd argue that while the right in the past may have been against it they are making large steps forward to be more inclusive.

2. That joke was not directly targeted at you just at the following of Milo who mainly is popular because of his identity. Do tell tho, what nis your personal stance on the issue of identity politics, id love to see what a classical libertarian thinks about it.

Personally, I'm not a fan of it. I'm not even a fan of the term. However if people do identify with something and want to talk about it they should absolutely be allowed to do so. I'm not sure if this neccesarily fits in with what a classical libertarian's views on this may be, however I don't define myself with my political views and instead define my political views by my moral views.

3. The answer to your question is yes they should be able to, but no they shouldnt until true equality is achieved. Otherwise it's just regressive

How is it regressive? Is it opressing people who are lgbtq+ to have an event which celebrates something different than them but is also inclusive to them? In the interview milo had with the event organizers, it was even mentioned that veterans will likely get in free and that there might even be straight up gay pride floats in the parade. I think it's pretty clear they want to be as inclusive as possible, which I'd say is progressive, not regressive.

_Sofi_ said:
Oh boy, another CD discussion, I wonder what's...

On second thought, nah man I'm out

well, you've added nothing but a shitty reaction gif to the conversation, so, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out I guess?

jal90 said:
Why do we need to celebrate something that has been celebrated by media and society for thousands of years and is such a prominent part of the cultural normativity that no one ever in human existence has questioned it?

I don't think it's something that NEEDS to be celebrated, however there are people who want to celebrate it and why shouldn't they be allowed to do so? I think that as long as they arn't hurting anyone else with their celebrations they have every right to!
xaowJun 17, 2019 12:23 PM

Jan 2009
why celebrate something so common or so normal? lol meanwhile those gay pride stuff are still needed due to still having less rights for those gays like most countries do not yet accept gay marriage for example

Dec 2015

man this thread is getting hella spicy lol

Jun 17, 2019 12:23 PM
Feb 2017
Orhunaa said:
RobertBobert said:

Do tell me when straight people are executed/incarcarated/beaten up/raped because they wanted to have relationships. Surely you do not equate a college student speaking to you in a rude manner with what LGBT people have to go through in many parts of the world.

You act as if straight people can't face discrimination.
Jun 17, 2019 12:24 PM

Mar 2019
jal90 said:
Bullshit — "sexual orientations" are a pseudoscience invented by psychiatrists at the latter part of the 19th century. Before that point no man was "heterosexual" or "homosexual" and to this day there is no more reliable way to conclude a man's so-called "sexual orientation" than to ask him as to what he "self-identifies".

"sexual orientations" are a made-up box to placate the weak mind that dare not be free — for in freedom he will find that which he dreads the most: the lack of approval from his fellow slavemen; he knows that the only way to obtain the twisted approval of his fellow slaveman is to surrender his freedom and stand in line to and submit to his idiotic opinions and it is that which he covets the most.

"sexual orientations" are nothing more than a self-imposed prison that those without imagination and the balls to be free mold around themselves for fear of having no "home" to be with their fellow slaves that similarly encased themselves in a prison of lies and fear.

Today it is "sexual orientations" that the slaveman needs to feel like he's part of a group; when that has died out he will have invented a new made up "social identity" to imprison himself in, all to obtain that which he desires above all else: the approval of the retards he shares his prison with.

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 17, 2019 12:24 PM

Oct 2015
jal90 said:

Probably because when people inevitably point out this discrepancy they'll be able to say "Look at the intolerant left! They do not want equality." yada yada yada

@BlakexEkalb They can face discrimination but it wouldn't be on the basis of their sexuality. Straight people don't fear being disowned by their parents because of their sexuality, and they don't commit suicide because of their sexuality either. Being straight has always been the norm since time immemorial.
Auron_Jun 17, 2019 12:34 PM
Jun 17, 2019 12:26 PM
Feb 2017
Sphinxter said:
jal90 said:
Bullshit —"sexual orientations" are a pseudoscience invented by psychiatrists at the latter part of the 19th century. Before that point no man was "heterosexual" or "homosexual" and to this day there is no more reliable way to conclude a man's so-called "sexual orientation" than to ask him as to what he "self-identifies".

"sexual orientations" are a made-up box to placate the weak mind that dares not to be free for in freedom he will find that which he dreads the most: the lack of approval from his fellow slavemen; he knows that the only way to obtain the twisted approval of his fellow slaveman is to surrender his freedom and stand in line to and submit to his idiotic opinions and it is that which he covets the most.

"sexual orientations" are nothing more than a self-imposed prison that those without imagination and the balls to be free mold around themselves for fear of having no "home" to be with their fellow slaves that similarly encased themselves in a prison of lies and fear.

I feel imprisoned by being straight. Ahhhhh....
Jun 17, 2019 12:27 PM

Oct 2010
Sphinxter said:
jal90 said:
Bullshit —"sexual orientations" are a pseudoscience invented by psychiatrists at the latter part of the 19th century. Before that point no man was "heterosexual" or "homosexual" and to this day there is no more reliable way to conclude a man's so-called "sexual orientation" than to ask him as to what he "self-identifies".

"sexual orientations" are a made-up box to placate the weak mind that dares not to be free for in freedom he will find that which he dreads the most: the lack of approval from his fellow slavemen; he knows that the only way to obtain the twisted approval of his fellow slaveman is to surrender his freedom and stand in line to and submit to his idiotic opinions and it is that which he covets the most.

Thanks for the three short paragraphs of absolutely irrelevant paranoid woke shit that didn't answer my core question here I guess.

@xaow I'm not going to disallow people from celebrating it, I just don't see the point. Also, celebrating a "straight parade" implies some kind of political positioning I am not very fond of to say the least. But nah, I'm not going to censor it. I'll just stay as far away from it as I can.
Jun 17, 2019 12:29 PM

Jul 2014
Its a parade, parades are fun, tho obviously this whole straight pride parade is an attempt to troll them gay peepees and by Buddha is it having a hell of an effect not just to gay people but also to the ones who support them.
As for me, I couldn't care any less, but I'd attend it if granted the opportunity as I have a thing for parades and festivals, those are fun shit.
Jun 17, 2019 12:29 PM

Mar 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
Sphinxter said:

No you've just deluded yourself you're "straight" because you cannot exist outside of arbitrary boxes and social identities your culture has made up for you that don't exist.

jal90 said:
Sphinxter said:

Thanks for the three short paragraphs of absolutely irrelevant paranoid woke shit that didn't answer my core question here I guess.
No I answered it exactly; you claim that "straight" has been celebrated by society for 'thousands of years' I claim that 'straight' didn't exist before 1886 when it was invented by psychiatrics so how can it have been celebrated?

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 17, 2019 12:31 PM

Apr 2017
xaow said:
yukai- said:

1. if you said that sexual identity wasn't a hot button political issue with the left being in favor of lgbtq+ and the right being mostly against it

I think there's a fair bit more lgbtq representation on the right than you realize, however it's also fair to presume that it's likely that more lgbt+ folk may lean left. With that being said, I would not assume that someone is left wing just because they are not cis or heterosexual. Also, I made a thread recently about Trump being the first republican president to openly celebrate pride month, So i'd argue that while the right in the past may have been against it they are making large steps forward to be more inclusive.

2. That joke was not directly targeted at you just at the following of Milo who mainly is popular because of his identity. Do tell tho, what nis your personal stance on the issue of identity politics, id love to see what a classical libertarian thinks about it.

Personally, I'm not a fan of it. I'm not even a fan of the term. However if people do identify with something and want to talk about it they should absolutely be allowed to do so. I'm not sure if this neccesarily fits in with what a classical libertarian's views on this may be, however I don't define myself with my political views and instead define my political views by my moral views.

How is it regressive? Is it opressing people who are lgbtq+ to have an event which celebrates something different than them but is also inclusive to them? In the interview milo had with the event organizers, it was even mentioned that veterans will likely get in free and that there might even be straight up gay pride floats in the parade. I think it's pretty clear they want to be as inclusive as possible, which I'd say is progressive, not regressive.

So you, someone who is against identity politics opened the post by staying the identity of someone. Also the Trump thing is vapid and moot since every action he's takin so far has pointed to him being against lgbtq+ rights, namely the trans-military ban.

It's regressive because it equates the two, the point of the gay pride parade is to spread a message of lgbtq+ rights while the point of the straight pride parade is to hijack attention. As for inclusivity, I'd be more comfortable as a straight man in the gay pride parade than a gay man in a straight pride parade.
mal's raccoon

boop !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Jun 17, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2017
i dont really think its that much of a deal since the majority of people in this world are straight but nonetheless its something positive and cheerful i don't mind participating in it
Jun 17, 2019 12:34 PM

Jun 2015
I'm very happy that this thread is able to create so much open discourse, however I'd like to encourage everyone to stay on topic regarding the primary question of if it's OK to have this parade, rather than if straight people are opressed. With that being said lets keep the debates coming! I'm going to be absent for about an hour for work related things but when I get back I'll try to respond to as many people as possibe.

jal90 said:

@xaow I'm not going to disallow people from celebrating it, I just don't see the point. Also, celebrating a "straight parade" implies some kind of political positioning I am not very fond of to say the least. But nah, I'm not going to censor it. I'll just stay as far away from it as I can.

Well, I want to say that I apprecieate your willingness to uphold people's rights to free speech by not censoring it, despite not being fond of the topic at hand. Thank you for your input and understanding.

-Stray said:
Its a parade, parades are fun, tho obviously this whole straight pride parade is an attempt to troll them gay peepees and by Buddha is it having a hell of an effect not just to gay people but also to the ones who support them.
As for me, I couldn't care any less, but I'd attend it if granted the opportunity as I have a thing for parades and festivals, those are fun shit.

It'll be in Boston towards the end of august, AFAIK, there's a couple places you can register to go if you're nearby!

yukai- said:

So you, someone who is against identity politics opened the post by staying the identity of someone.

yes, beause I think it's very intersting that a parade for "straight pride" will be lead by a gay man. I just thought it would be worth mentioning, that's all.

Also the Trump thing is vapid and moot since every action he's takin so far has pointed to him being against lgbtq+ rights, namely the trans-military ban.

First I disgree with the trans-military ban being an trans rights issue, as it was put in place for the safety of the soldiers and in turn the safety of those who are trans, but that's neither here nor there. Second, as I stated, republicans have definetly demonstrated anti-inclusive behaviour in the past, but recently it seems like they're putting their best foot forward and being as inclusive as possible.

It's regressive because it equates the two, the point of the gay pride parade is to spread a message of lgbtq+ rights while the point of the straight pride parade is to hijack attention. As for inclusivity, I'd be more comfortable as a straight man in the gay pride parade than a gay man in a straight pride parade.

I don't think the straight parade is highjacking attention when it is a one time occurence in august, which is definetively not a part of pride month. Additionally I'd say it's just an oppurtunity for people with maybe less conventional views to get together and celebrate those views. As a gay man my myself I can tell you right now I would be much more comfortable around the family friendly straight pride parade, which prevents acts of obscenity and nudity, as opposed to lgbt pride parades which usually make me feel pretty damn uncomfortable.
xaowJun 17, 2019 12:46 PM
Jun 17, 2019 12:35 PM
Feb 2017
Sphinxter said:
BlakexEkalb said:

No you've just deluded yourself you're "straight" because you cannot exist outside of arbitrary boxes and social identities your culture has made up for you that don't exist.

jal90 said:

No I answered it exactly; you claim that "straight" has been celebrated by society for 'thousands of years' I claim that 'straight' didn't exist before 1886 when it was invented by psychiatrics so how can it have been celebrated?

I don't know how I'm deluding myself. I like women, girls, females. I have never had an attraction to a man. There is a difference between admiration and love. I can admire a guy's abs and muscles, but there is a difference between me using that admiration in order to further my interest in having a romantic relationship and me just having respect and admiring it.
Jun 17, 2019 12:39 PM

Mar 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
Sphinxter said:

I don't know how I'm deluding myself. I like women, girls, females. I have never had an attraction to a man. There is a difference between admiration and love. I can admire a guy's abs and muscles, but there is a difference between me using that admiration in order to further my interest in having a romantic relationship and me just having respect and admiring it.
And if you were born in 1600's Japan you would be on that military paederasty train just like all the other Japanese males of the time.

Every single Greek citizen in the year zero was "bisexual" but sure; you'd be the only one if you were born back there to be "heterosexual".

Or maybe just maybe you've let yourself be brainwashed by society and suppressed yourself into a prison. How else can such things as "cultures" exist if human beings do not systemically allow themselves to be brainwashed?

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 17, 2019 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
I went to pride this weekend and we had straight friends with us, like many others do, and as I can tell, they had lots of fun too.
Milo is just something like the personification of a parody.
removed-userJun 17, 2019 12:48 PM
Jun 17, 2019 12:41 PM

Mar 2019
THICKTOMATOSAUCE said:
i dont really think its that much of a deal since the majority of people in this world are straight but nonetheless its something positive and cheerful i don't mind participating in it
Please "straight" is largely a western invention whereof large parts of the world have never heard.

— Bertrand Russell
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Unless you're the main character, you're not important in the series

AlphaMaleScotty - Apr 13

16 by Sad »»
2 minutes ago

» What's the point of life?

purple_rayn - 8 hours ago

21 by Sad »»
6 minutes ago

» what would you do if you had infinite money? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 5

53 by Sad »»
8 minutes ago

» What IS the brand and model of your smartphone ??! BE honest!!!

French-Japanese - 11 minutes ago

0 by French-Japanese »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » representation or relatability ?

ame - Apr 14

46 by Sad »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.