Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dororo Episode 23 Discussion


Jun 18, 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 812
Rapidash OP, It just ripped Hyogo's head off and kicked off Mutsu's arm like it was nothing, that was quite brutal!

To think that after Hyakkimaru gets his arms back, he would still use those small blades on his prosthetics as a weapon instead of the sword hanging on his waist.

Action was really good! Reall digging the soundtrack that played at the end. So next week this journey ends, it went by so quick.
These girls are BEYOND precious!

 
Jun 18, 4:28 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30
I would the theme is about how we put some people over others. Freeing the demons has brought suffering to other villages but that's fine by Daigo's book as long as it isn't his people or allies. Hyakkimaru puts Dororo above others as he can't easily connected with others due to lack of experience. He can't generalize what people are like. I think he really doesn't understand what he is doing.

Although I don't think this whole sub plot is a good addition on Mappa's part.
 
Jun 18, 4:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 226
Honestly one of the best episodes in a while! I’m so excited for next week but also really sad because the series will be over :(
Oscar and Andre deserved better
 
Jun 18, 5:09 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 39
Daniel_Naumov said:
ArcturusMi said:

no hard work can change the nature dumbass.

First episode, landslide, drought, and famine.

Hard work my ass

It is not about hardwork, it is about not giving in to disasters and malice. Disasters happen, but you can prepare for them the next time, and those who have can help those who do not have. Hardwork is merely a part of what the mother meant when speaking to everyone.

"Happen" yeah they do, all the time, and currently hitting Daigo at the time.

But it already is impossible for Daigo to live in that state. The first episode literally has characters worrying that the land would be destroyed at that point, that's why Daigo took the extremes
 
Jun 18, 5:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 39
RainyShadow said:
ArcturusMi said:

How's it the opposite when it's the same thing you you just said.

Before Hyakki goes on to collect his body parts, the entire land of Daigo enjoyed their prosperity. Him begins his hunt made the land regress to a hellhole it was.

Taho simply choose the lives of many (Daigo) outweighs the life of one (Hyakki). And while it's morally unquestionable, he has a good reason to do so, to prevent the suffering of the land of Daigo.

And Hyakki has "weak" reason to retrieve his body parts, "because it's mine". It takes episode 20 where he's in despair because he couldn't save Dororo whereas any normal human would with their real limbs, and the other is how he wants to become human, like Dororo.

This show has good morally grey area but it's wasted on viewers like you.


It's the same as if you get a loan (the prosperity for the land).
If you're a decent person, you'll seek a way to invest the money you borrowed, so you can pay back what you got and still have some to live well.
If you're a dumbass (Daigo), you'll just consume it. When the time comes to clear your debt, you won't be able to. Daigo does just this, and then he tries to kill his creditor.

P.S. why do they have a shrine dedicated to demons anyways? Smells even from the beginig...

... Do you even understand the contract Daigo made? It's not loan lmao

He asked the demons to take "anything from me [Daigo]" in exchange of the prosperity of The Land of Daigo. That's it. He's willing to sacrifice himself.

But the demon loves their wordplay and took his firstborn (since Hyakkimaru "belongs" to Daigo Kagemitsu).
 
Jun 18, 5:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 39
Daniel_Naumov said:
ArcturusMi said:
Really? Hyakki retrieving his body parts caused suffering to the entire Daigo.

You are mistaking profound symbolism here. The horse was not "demonized", it rather became a tool of vengeance by the "world (not saying Buddha here)" for all this crap humans kept on causing. Which is why it faced against people who literally allowed demons to posses them. There is a FULL FRONTAL symbolism in play.

I'm referring to that comment who thinks Hyakkimaru is just a victim. And Taho is unjustified in his actions.
 
Jun 18, 5:52 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30
I'm starting to wish Mappa hadn't added the stuff with Daigo's land and people becoming demons. Does that improve the story at all compare to Daigp simply wishing for power? It's just too heavy handed and it seems like they realized that they hadn't actually shown anything to imply something being wrong with Hyakkimaru except his partially red aura so they needed to have him go off the rails all at once.

And where did this idea even come from? The only place I can think of is his cameo in young blackjack.
 
Jun 18, 6:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 12
Comander-07 said:
ArcturusMi said:

Are you for real? Contract requires agreement from both parties. The demon didn't accept the proposal unless it's Hyakki.

Damn this show is really wasted on people like you.
doesnt it hurt being like this?


Just a reminder that this is an old japan. In those times first born will always be the heir. They will just be considered not if they are dead. And fortunately Hyakkimaru is still alive.

Also, do you think the demon cared about human system like heir by selection. Tahoumaru is a heir by selection. He was a replacement for Hyakkimaru. A replacement has no value for demons. For them Hyakkimaru has way more value as he is born as a heir.

Also in episode 12. Tahoumaru and his group tried to do something to the hall of hell to stop the curse and also help Hyakkimaru (maybe). But what happened? They we're push back by the demons.

It is good to say your thoughts and things. But it is bad to forget that this show is not your typical modern era anime. Old era's are way complicated with their hierarchy system and stuff.
 
Jun 18, 7:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 3487
Damn we're already about to be at the series finale, it's been a pretty fun ride so far
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
 
Jun 18, 7:38 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30
If Hyakkimaru hadn’t killed the demons. How many more travelers would bandai have eaten? How many more Brides would the centipede demon eat? How long before the 12 demons requested another heir to devour? After all the moth demon was getting given more ofterings on a regular basics.
 
Jun 18, 10:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 506
Is it just me or watching hyakki fight with arms seems a bit weird?
Looking forward to the finale. I hope they don't force a happy ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Jun 18, 10:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1365
Daniel_Naumov said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Another bullshit episode. Hyakkamaru is considered a demon because he fights for what is right, but the 3 that literally become demons are considered humans. It seems the only one making sense is Dororo and every other person is either retarded or insane. H mother contradicts herself during the episodes and even during this one. And Dororo gets mad with the whole don't turn into a demon thing at the end of the episode. The only good thing about this episode was the two retard retainers dying


@Swagernator the motives of Daigo and Tahomaru are in no way valid.

Can you then justify a continued mass-murdering and screeching like a demon Hyakkimaru has been going on about during the last episodes? Does him rightfully wanting his hands back makes him morally impervious to any kind of sin he will commit while on his crusade? That's not even my idea, all there in the episode.
Mass murdering? You mean the soldiers? It was clearly established that they are as evil as demons by all their repeated abuses and by their mentality. It is also not clear if tgey died or just got wounded and fled. If you mean tge two retainers they are demons at this point. Also their mind is so gone killing them is more a mercy kill. About being impervious to every sin I never said that. If he kills NPCs he will commit a sin he will have to repent for later. But now destroying the demons and freeing the people from the rule of Daigo must take priority. The people can never be happy as long as Daimyo and his samurai are alive. Unless they repent all those must die.Killing demons is not a sin.
 
Jun 18, 10:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 775
holy fuck. i'm a day late to the episode due to work starting and i'm blown away. the ost was so good in this episode and the animation was awesome. the fight was just simply incredible. tahou's three-eye thing is super creepy but i love it lol.

ngl the rapidash horse death was really fuckin sad. especially when its baby saw it die right in front of them and rapidash immediately recognized them and kinda snapped out of it for a second. that's the power of love right there.

i really liked the conversation dororo, nui, the priest and the villagers had. they all made really good points and dororo defending hyakki was so precious. i can't help but agree with all of their points but at the same time just really want hyakki to get his body back; dororo is right - hyakki has been through some real shit to get his body back. but at the same time, is it worth it to sacrifice an entire land for one person? maybe they can come to some sort of compromise, like the bearded villager said.

i'm really not ready for this anime to end. been watching since it premiered and fell in love with it. i'm sad to see it go but excited for the finale.
 
Jun 18, 11:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 109
Exciting like every part of this anime. I truly hope a good finale PLEASE.
LIVE THE LIFE ON YOUR WAY AND FUCK OFF THE REST OF THE WORLD ¬¬


 
Jun 18, 11:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 39
yasuda1986 said:
If Hyakkimaru hadn’t killed the demons. How many more travelers would bandai have eaten? How many more Brides would the centipede demon eat? How long before the 12 demons requested another heir to devour? After all the moth demon was getting given more ofterings on a regular basics.

Those demon threats are local. If Hyakkimaru didn't kill the demon, yes they'll continue their by the numbers killing, meanwhile the WHOLE Daigo suffers, then dies.
 
Jun 18, 11:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2558
nightcrawlercyp said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Can you then justify a continued mass-murdering and screeching like a demon Hyakkimaru has been going on about during the last episodes? Does him rightfully wanting his hands back makes him morally impervious to any kind of sin he will commit while on his crusade? That's not even my idea, all there in the episode.
Mass murdering? You mean the soldiers? It was clearly established that they are as evil as demons by all their repeated abuses and by their mentality. It is also not clear if tgey died or just got wounded and fled. If you mean tge two retainers they are demons at this point. Also their mind is so gone killing them is more a mercy kill. About being impervious to every sin I never said that. If he kills NPCs he will commit a sin he will have to repent for later. But now destroying the demons and freeing the people from the rule of Daigo must take priority. The people can never be happy as long as Daimyo and his samurai are alive. Unless they repent all those must die.Killing demons is not a sin.

And you understood absolutely nothing from this series. You accuse samurais, humans, of being evil and agree to their merciless erradication. You are a samurai yourself, if you believe in what you say. Saddening, but you are a great example of why Dororo is a needed series even today - when picking sides means you automatically consider the other side as an utter evil that must be eliminated no matter the cost and moral implications.
ArcturusMi said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

You are mistaking profound symbolism here. The horse was not "demonized", it rather became a tool of vengeance by the "world (not saying Buddha here)" for all this crap humans kept on causing. Which is why it faced against people who literally allowed demons to posses them. There is a FULL FRONTAL symbolism in play.

I'm referring to that comment who thinks Hyakkimaru is just a victim. And Taho is unjustified in his actions.

I was also referring to the commentary you were referring to, but could not find it to properly quote it, to be honest...
Re:formed
 
Jun 18, 11:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2558
ArcturusMi said:
RainyShadow said:


It's the same as if you get a loan (the prosperity for the land).
If you're a decent person, you'll seek a way to invest the money you borrowed, so you can pay back what you got and still have some to live well.
If you're a dumbass (Daigo), you'll just consume it. When the time comes to clear your debt, you won't be able to. Daigo does just this, and then he tries to kill his creditor.

P.S. why do they have a shrine dedicated to demons anyways? Smells even from the beginig...

... Do you even understand the contract Daigo made? It's not loan lmao

He asked the demons to take "anything from me [Daigo]" in exchange of the prosperity of The Land of Daigo. That's it. He's willing to sacrifice himself.

But the demon loves their wordplay and took his firstborn (since Hyakkimaru "belongs" to Daigo Kagemitsu).

The idea is demons don't care what they take, but they will always take something that will cause as much tragedy and friction to humans as possible. Contemporary demons, that is. If they took Daigo himself, that's it. The man is gone, his realm is happy, end. But by taking his son they insure the suffering would continue for at least two people - Daigo and his wife. Everything played into demons hands when Buddha protected the Head of Hyakkimaru, inadvertently causing this moral abyss in the whole realm, and making sure the "son vs father vs brother" narrative scars everyone deeply. Hyakkimaru will surely balance the scales out, but the process was there and the demons like it.
Re:formed
 
Jun 19, 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1365
Daniel_Naumov said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Mass murdering? You mean the soldiers? It was clearly established that they are as evil as demons by all their repeated abuses and by their mentality. It is also not clear if tgey died or just got wounded and fled. If you mean tge two retainers they are demons at this point. Also their mind is so gone killing them is more a mercy kill. About being impervious to every sin I never said that. If he kills NPCs he will commit a sin he will have to repent for later. But now destroying the demons and freeing the people from the rule of Daigo must take priority. The people can never be happy as long as Daimyo and his samurai are alive. Unless they repent all those must die.Killing demons is not a sin.

And you understood absolutely nothing from this series. You accuse samurais, humans, of being evil and agree to their merciless erradication. You are a samurai yourself, if you believe in what you say. Saddening, but you are a great example of why Dororo is a needed series even today - when picking sides means you automatically consider the other side as an utter evil that must be eliminated no matter the cost and moral implications.
ArcturusMi said:

I'm referring to that comment who thinks Hyakkimaru is just a victim. And Taho is unjustified in his actions.

I was also referring to the commentary you were referring to, but could not find it to properly quote it, to be honest...
I understood the series including the ambiguous bs they tried to put forth from ep1, but I also know the original manga and the original anime.
Also you insult me. I believe that officials should be executed if they abuse their position and that soldier's purpose is to defend the people. In army if you do actions like those the soldiers did in the anime you face a shooting squad. Yes I know it was not the way things were back then but there is a good reason for it. I remember Vlad impaling corrupted officials and that was a good thing.
Also according to you a samurai should have the right to rape steal and kill the people they are trying to protect?
Neither Daigo Tahomaru or the samurai care at all for the people. Yes they do say this to make themselves feel better but their actions do jack shit to help them. What is good are fertile plains if the samurai class take everything they produce from the pov of the peasant? You clear do not understand the pain of serfdom in feudal society.
 
Jun 19, 1:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2558
nightcrawlercyp said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

And you understood absolutely nothing from this series. You accuse samurais, humans, of being evil and agree to their merciless erradication. You are a samurai yourself, if you believe in what you say. Saddening, but you are a great example of why Dororo is a needed series even today - when picking sides means you automatically consider the other side as an utter evil that must be eliminated no matter the cost and moral implications.

I was also referring to the commentary you were referring to, but could not find it to properly quote it, to be honest...
I understood the series including the ambiguous bs they tried to put forth from ep1, but I also know the original manga and the original anime.
Also you insult me. I believe that officials should be executed if they abuse their position and that soldier's purpose is to defend the people. In army if you do actions like those the soldiers did in the anime you face a shooting squad. Yes I know it was not the way things were back then but there is a good reason for it. I remember Vlad impaling corrupted officials and that was a good thing.
Also according to you a samurai should have the right to rape steal and kill the people they are trying to protect?
Neither Daigo Tahomaru or the samurai care at all for the people. Yes they do say this to make themselves feel better but their actions do jack shit to help them. What is good are fertile plains if the samurai class take everything they produce from the pov of the peasant? You clear do not understand the pain of serfdom in feudal society.

And you insult the whole history of your own species, foundations of humanism, fundamental ideas presented in this series and sound extremely pretentious when talking about the motivations of the characters. As if you understood them. But the bloodthirst will not get you anywhere, closer to us. Always staying behind because of anger and enemy-making. You will see what happens to Hyakkimaru, and hopefully you will see the parallels in the mirror.
Re:formed
 
Jun 19, 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 498
NV_ said:
fukumenkei said:

the thing is, he's not fighting for a better quality of life, hyakkimaru is fighting for the right to be alive. which he should have had since he was born.


What are you talking about, he IS alive? And he isn't any less alive because he can't touch or see things the same way other people can, he just has a lower quality of life.

Obviously Hyakkimaru isn't evil or anything for wanting the same chance as everyone else, but there are already people in his world less fortunate than him by this point so it's not like he's been that wronged; however Hyakkimaru is the only character in the series acting purely out of self interest, and that makes him the worst person.

Got to commend Dororo though, never seen a series straddle the line of right and wrong so well.

come on, he is alive, but it's not like anyone would let him live anyway. tahoumaru is trying to kill him. they need him dead, for the demons to keep eating him forever so the land can have peace.

and him getting what's his is not gonna kill thousands, it'll make their lives more difficult, just as it was supposed to be from the beginning.

it's difficult to accept being sacrificed for something you've never chosen. it's not fair. they call him a monster and want him dead, the deal his father made took everything away from him. i wouldn't say that's self interest, it's survival instinct. the worst person in a this is definitely his father. if he wanted to save his land so desperately, he should have given his own body to the demons.
 
Jun 19, 4:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1
operationvalkyri said:
I gasped so many times during this episode, I lost count.
Stark700 said:
[b]One more episode left and I'm honestly missing this anime already.
Exactly how I feel. This has been an amazing ride!


SAME SAME SAME 😭😭😭
 
Jun 19, 6:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2558
fukumenkei said:
NV_ said:


What are you talking about, he IS alive? And he isn't any less alive because he can't touch or see things the same way other people can, he just has a lower quality of life.

Obviously Hyakkimaru isn't evil or anything for wanting the same chance as everyone else, but there are already people in his world less fortunate than him by this point so it's not like he's been that wronged; however Hyakkimaru is the only character in the series acting purely out of self interest, and that makes him the worst person.

Got to commend Dororo though, never seen a series straddle the line of right and wrong so well.

come on, he is alive, but it's not like anyone would let him live anyway. tahoumaru is trying to kill him. they need him dead, for the demons to keep eating him forever so the land can have peace.

and him getting what's his is not gonna kill thousands, it'll make their lives more difficult, just as it was supposed to be from the beginning.

it's difficult to accept being sacrificed for something you've never chosen. it's not fair. they call him a monster and want him dead, the deal his father made took everything away from him. i wouldn't say that's self interest, it's survival instinct. the worst person in a this is definitely his father. if he wanted to save his land so desperately, he should have given his own body to the demons.

Again, you lack knowledge. This was addressed a thousand time through and through during each episode discussion - demons did not give him a choice of what to give them, they merely took what they wanted when Daigo drew the pact. Also, contemporary demons take first-borns as sacrifices for about a thousand years now. This is not about what Daigo wanted. This is about what demons wanted.
Re:formed
 
Jun 19, 6:56 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30
"The demon pact can only be fulfilled by sacrificing the body of Hyakkimaru, the heir of Daigo.

This part really stood out to me, that Hyakkimaru status as the heir is important to the deal with demons. It’s not just the sacrifice of the firstborn, a common trope, but the fact that Hyakkimaru’s birthright is to rule the land after his father. He’s literally the future of Daigo and his fate is tied to the fate of the land.

Daigo Kagemitsu didn’t sacrifice his son - he exchanged the future of his domain for the temporary prosperity in the present of his reign. And that time is over. The future came in the form of Hyakkimaru and it’s already ruined by the past bad decisions."
 
Jun 19, 7:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1365
Daniel_Naumov said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
I understood the series including the ambiguous bs they tried to put forth from ep1, but I also know the original manga and the original anime.
Also you insult me. I believe that officials should be executed if they abuse their position and that soldier's purpose is to defend the people. In army if you do actions like those the soldiers did in the anime you face a shooting squad. Yes I know it was not the way things were back then but there is a good reason for it. I remember Vlad impaling corrupted officials and that was a good thing.
Also according to you a samurai should have the right to rape steal and kill the people they are trying to protect?
Neither Daigo Tahomaru or the samurai care at all for the people. Yes they do say this to make themselves feel better but their actions do jack shit to help them. What is good are fertile plains if the samurai class take everything they produce from the pov of the peasant? You clear do not understand the pain of serfdom in feudal society.

And you insult the whole history of your own species, foundations of humanism, fundamental ideas presented in this series and sound extremely pretentious when talking about the motivations of the characters. As if you understood them. But the bloodthirst will not get you anywhere, closer to us. Always staying behind because of anger and enemy-making. You will see what happens to Hyakkimaru, and hopefully you will see the parallels in the mirror.

1. How am I insulting the history of my species?
2. humanism is a demonic ideology and deserves insulting
3. I do understand them
4. I would not say bloodthirst but justice thirst : Blessed are those that thirst for righteousness for they shall be full
5. What enemy-making?
6. How do you know what will happen to Hyakkamaru or me? Are you a fortune teller?
 
Jun 19, 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 50
@MNafisN
The ED 2 full version is being released on June 25th
 
Jun 19, 8:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 28
Increible la forma en que todo tomo forma en este episodio.
El caballo se moria pero se llevaria a ellos dos consigo, hyakkimaru volviendose salvaje y empezando una increible pelea con su hermano
 
Jun 19, 9:10 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30
"And you understood absolutely nothing from this series. You accuse samurais, humans, of being evil and agree to their merciless erradication. You are a samurai yourself, if you believe in what you say. Saddening, but you are a great example of why Dororo is a needed series even today - when picking sides means you automatically consider the other side as an utter evil that must be eliminated no matter the cost and moral implications.."

The samurai would do things like test the sharpness of their swords on bystanders in real life. That isn't calling someone evil because they're your enemy, that is just evil.
 
Jun 19, 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2060
Zilch_216 said:
Comander-07 said:
doesnt it hurt being like this?


Just a reminder that this is an old japan. In those times first born will always be the heir. They will just be considered not if they are dead. And fortunately Hyakkimaru is still alive.

Also, do you think the demon cared about human system like heir by selection. Tahoumaru is a heir by selection. He was a replacement for Hyakkimaru. A replacement has no value for demons. For them Hyakkimaru has way more value as he is born as a heir.

Also in episode 12. Tahoumaru and his group tried to do something to the hall of hell to stop the curse and also help Hyakkimaru (maybe). But what happened? They we're push back by the demons.

It is good to say your thoughts and things. But it is bad to forget that this show is not your typical modern era anime. Old era's are way complicated with their hierarchy system and stuff.
I would say old era is actually way easier and straight forward.

Fact is Tahouidiot never tried to sacrifice himself, which makes him a hypocrite. The worst kind of people.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
 
Jun 19, 10:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 498
Daniel_Naumov said:
fukumenkei said:

come on, he is alive, but it's not like anyone would let him live anyway. tahoumaru is trying to kill him. they need him dead, for the demons to keep eating him forever so the land can have peace.

and him getting what's his is not gonna kill thousands, it'll make their lives more difficult, just as it was supposed to be from the beginning.

it's difficult to accept being sacrificed for something you've never chosen. it's not fair. they call him a monster and want him dead, the deal his father made took everything away from him. i wouldn't say that's self interest, it's survival instinct. the worst person in a this is definitely his father. if he wanted to save his land so desperately, he should have given his own body to the demons.

Again, you lack knowledge. This was addressed a thousand time through and through during each episode discussion - demons did not give him a choice of what to give them, they merely took what they wanted when Daigo drew the pact. Also, contemporary demons take first-borns as sacrifices for about a thousand years now. This is not about what Daigo wanted. This is about what demons wanted.

i lack knowledge? okay, if you say so...
but it doesn't make daigo any better. he _chose_ to make a pact with the demons. that is what daigo wanted. he knew he would have to pay. and through the whole story, i've never seen he showing a speck of remorse or compassion to hyakkimaru.
 
Jun 19, 11:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2983
And it just get worse and worse, the relationship between Tohomaru and Hyakkimaru. Another thrilling episode and we’re in for a ride in next week’s finale episode for sure!

Dororo’s old appearance in the end of the ED and the way this episode played out makes me certain that Hyakkimaru will surely die next episode and I’m assuming he’ll be taking down Tohomaru along (the fire a possible indication of it). Dat aside, we right away got the continuation of the fight and boy did it get messed up. Hyakkimaru’s horse ripping off the head of Hyogo and taking down Mutsu was bloody gruesome, what was with the flow of blood during some of the shots though? And then we got a little mother-son scene which was honestly really touching. I just hope this isn’t some kind of ‘history will repeat itself’ sort of a foreshadowing but a twist like that could be pretty cool too, I suppose. Dororo and the Priest’s little convo there was rather interesting though and it’s good to see Dororo supporting Hyakkimaru through thick and thin. On the other side of things, Lord Daigo is ready to take the war on and Hyakkimaru v Tohomaru, the final battle, has begun! Choppy animation throughout the episode and for the majority of the series but here’s to hoping we get a great send-off!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni


 
Jun 19, 12:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 12
fukumenkei said:
NV_ said:


What are you talking about, he IS alive? And he isn't any less alive because he can't touch or see things the same way other people can, he just has a lower quality of life.

Obviously Hyakkimaru isn't evil or anything for wanting the same chance as everyone else, but there are already people in his world less fortunate than him by this point so it's not like he's been that wronged; however Hyakkimaru is the only character in the series acting purely out of self interest, and that makes him the worst person.

Got to commend Dororo though, never seen a series straddle the line of right and wrong so well.

come on, he is alive, but it's not like anyone would let him live anyway. tahoumaru is trying to kill him. they need him dead, for the demons to keep eating him forever so the land can have peace.

and him getting what's his is not gonna kill thousands, it'll make their lives more difficult, just as it was supposed to be from the beginning.

it's difficult to accept being sacrificed for something you've never chosen. it's not fair. they call him a monster and want him dead, the deal his father made took everything away from him. i wouldn't say that's self interest, it's survival instinct. the worst person in a this is definitely his father. if he wanted to save his land so desperately, he should have given his own body to the demons.


Did you even watch the series or are you arguing from the synopsis?

1. Tahomaru is trying to kill him to stop him hurting his land and people more, if Hyakkimaru swore to not pursue his arms and eyes and moved far away, then he would literally never be bothered by Daigo's land ever again. Perhaps they'd prefer for him to be dead and save more of their people, but that's never been portrayed as their objective.

2. No, it is killing people. We've literally seen disease and famine killing people on screen, and it's been made very clear that the reason their land is falling under these disasters is because the pact with the demons is being broken by Hyakkimaru. Sure you could argue this is just the way things should have been, it's a fair point of view, but why would they not save lives when they have the power.

3. There is no survival instinct here, he is actively pursuing battle and danger to have a better body and quality of life. It's certainly not fair on him, but a lot of things in life (more so in their world) are unfair. Thousands of people dying to natural disasters is unfair. Thousands of people dying to preventable natural disasters is unfair.

4. Daigo offered his body to the demons. As he quite openly and literally said, he was willing to offer them anything of his. His life, his body, his soul. I still wouldn't describe Daigo as a good person, he seems too stubborn and unsympathetic to Hyakkimaru, and he seems to be creating war out of ego and securing his position more than what's best for his people. But at least he's not killing innocents to secure his position. Like some people are.
👌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)👌
 
Jun 19, 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 210
the horse's death was quite sad...

at this point I don't really care bout Mutsu and Hyogo, letting the demons posses them and calling Hyakkimaru the bad guy - poor guy is just the victim here!

Tahomarou still acts like a spoiled brat to me
 
Jun 19, 12:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 9
@_MushiRock11_ I agree with this I also believe that hyakkimaru and the tahoumaru will die.I want a happy end with hyakkimaru & dororo, I ask a lot? xD
Modified by Elena-chan21, Jun 19, 12:44 PM
 
Jun 19, 1:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 995
This episode knew no chills, neither did the last two as well, it really is leading to a heartbreaking conclusion I fear.
Don't even get me started on the fight's choreography, I'm confident enough this is the best I've seen this season. Quite unexpected.
Tahomaru's servants' death caught me off guard, it was sudden, quick and brutal, just what you would expect from an actual massacre from a haunted horse. It sounds weird even when it's in context. I can't believe the next episode is going to be the finale.
 
Jun 19, 1:35 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30
"1. Tahomaru is trying to kill him to stop him hurting his land and people more, if Hyakkimaru swore to not pursue his arms and eyes and moved far away, then he would literally never be bothered by Daigo's land ever again. Perhaps they'd prefer for him to be dead and save more of their people, but that's never been portrayed as their objective.

2. No, it is killing people. We've literally seen disease and famine killing people on screen, and it's been made very clear that the reason their land is falling under these disasters is because the pact with the demons is being broken by Hyakkimaru. Sure you could argue this is just the way things should have been, it's a fair point of view, but why would they not save lives when they have the power.

3. There is no survival instinct here, he is actively pursuing battle and danger to have a better body and quality of life. It's certainly not fair on him, but a lot of things in life (more so in their world) are unfair. Thousands of people dying to natural disasters is unfair. Thousands of people dying to preventable natural disasters is unfair.

4. Daigo offered his body to the demons. As he quite openly and literally said, he was willing to offer them anything of his. His life, his body, his soul. I still wouldn't describe Daigo as a good person, he seems too stubborn and unsympathetic to Hyakkimaru, and he seems to be creating war out of ego and securing his position more than what's best for his people. But at least he's not killing innocents to secure his position. Like some people are."

Tahomaru made an enemy of Hyakkimaru right away. When your opponent is kill first talk later, trying to come to an agreement is impossible. Tahomaru was the one with the chance to offer that possibly.
 
Jun 19, 1:54 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 62
Some of you seem to think Daigo offered himself because of the English translation of " Take anything of mine." It's clear in Japanese though. "Wa ga te ni hairu mono" Literally, " what come into my hand". So, it's actually what he would obtain , not what he already had at the time of the deal. After all, as he clearly stated, It was all for his dream of ruling over a prosperous land. Can't rule if he is dead.

I am not here to debate about which side is more right. Just pointing out Daigo was never willing to sacrifice himself. He actually worded it, so the sacrifice would come from elsewhere.
 
Jun 19, 2:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 2558
Jaslen said:
Some of you seem to think Daigo offered himself because of the English translation of " Take anything of mine." It's clear in Japanese though. "Wa ga te ni hairu mono" Literally, " what come into my hand". So, it's actually what he would obtain , not what he already had at the time of the deal. After all, as he clearly stated, It was all for his dream of ruling over a prosperous land. Can't rule if he is dead.

I am not here to debate about which side is more right. Just pointing out Daigo was never willing to sacrifice himself. He actually worded it, so the sacrifice would come from elsewhere.

Will obtain or already obtained? I don't think I want to argue over the basics of language, when demons don't care for them, but "hairu" might mean bot future and present time. However ambiguous, Daigo might have also meant "everything that is mine" as everything he laid his hand on. But that does not matter even relatively, at this point.
Re:formed
 
Jun 19, 7:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 2983
Elena-chan21 said:
@_MushiRock11_ I agree with this I also believe that hyakkimaru and the tahoumaru will die.I want a happy end with hyakkimaru & dororo, I ask a lot? xD


Yup, I totally understand that feeling ;-;
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni


 
Jun 19, 7:49 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30
Does anyone think this force moral dillema is dragging the show down a bit. The story of Daigo wishing for power was just fine. The point of a villain isn't to be a central focus but too drive the plot and themes. So why do we need to contrive a way to make the villan kind of have a point. And this need in recent works to make the Hero seem grey is basically a cliche at this point.

The moral Dillema for me is making the show less enjoyable.
 
Jun 19, 10:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 507
yasuda1986 said:
Does anyone think this force moral dillema is dragging the show down a bit. The story of Daigo wishing for power was just fine. The point of a villain isn't to be a central focus but too drive the plot and themes. So why do we need to contrive a way to make the villan kind of have a point. And this need in recent works to make the Hero seem grey is basically a cliche at this point.

The moral Dillema for me is making the show less enjoyable.
wow really I think it's making the story better , making daigo wish only for power was dull and it improved upon it.

It wasn't contrived it made perfect sense. Hero being grey is equivalent to great writing as it's an inherent aspect of the human condition to be grey and not be black or white, even if you call it a cliche(which is the wrong word to use) it's still one that's worth writing.
 
Jun 20, 2:35 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 128
NV_ said:
fukumenkei said:

come on, he is alive, but it's not like anyone would let him live anyway. tahoumaru is trying to kill him. they need him dead, for the demons to keep eating him forever so the land can have peace.

and him getting what's his is not gonna kill thousands, it'll make their lives more difficult, just as it was supposed to be from the beginning.

it's difficult to accept being sacrificed for something you've never chosen. it's not fair. they call him a monster and want him dead, the deal his father made took everything away from him. i wouldn't say that's self interest, it's survival instinct. the worst person in a this is definitely his father. if he wanted to save his land so desperately, he should have given his own body to the demons.


Did you even watch the series or are you arguing from the synopsis?

1. Tahomaru is trying to kill him to stop him hurting his land and people more, if Hyakkimaru swore to not pursue his arms and eyes and moved far away, then he would literally never be bothered by Daigo's land ever again. Perhaps they'd prefer for him to be dead and save more of their people, but that's never been portrayed as their objective.

2. No, it is killing people. We've literally seen disease and famine killing people on screen, and it's been made very clear that the reason their land is falling under these disasters is because the pact with the demons is being broken by Hyakkimaru. Sure you could argue this is just the way things should have been, it's a fair point of view, but why would they not save lives when they have the power.

3. There is no survival instinct here, he is actively pursuing battle and danger to have a better body and quality of life. It's certainly not fair on him, but a lot of things in life (more so in their world) are unfair. Thousands of people dying to natural disasters is unfair. Thousands of people dying to preventable natural disasters is unfair.

4. Daigo offered his body to the demons. As he quite openly and literally said, he was willing to offer them anything of his. His life, his body, his soul. I still wouldn't describe Daigo as a good person, he seems too stubborn and unsympathetic to Hyakkimaru, and he seems to be creating war out of ego and securing his position more than what's best for his people. But at least he's not killing innocents to secure his position. Like some people are.


why is everyone putting Daigo's misery on Hyakkimaru, as if it was his responsibility?
 
Jun 20, 2:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 7864
BEST EPISODE! ACTION WISE AND SCRIPT WISE!
looks like all the important characters will gather on the last conclusion episode namely Biwamaru & Jukai!
5/5!
 
Jun 20, 6:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1078
WHAT A PHENOMENAL EPISODE.

With the brutal death of Hyogo and Matsu, and the Rapidash ghoul, Hyakkimaru has everything but his eyes, to the prospect of Tahomaru.

All that's left is Tahomaru vs. Hyakkimaru. The swordfight for the eyes.

And Dororo, she is worried about Hyakkimaru, because once he gathers all human body parts, he has no use for her.

Honestly, with this episode, it can end in 2 ways:
Tahomaru wins, and the status quo can go on.
Hyakkimaru wins, he gets his own body back, the kingdom of Daigo is set in ruins, and all be put back into place. Peace and long build to prosperity, without the sacrifice of anyone.

Because of Daigo and the sacrifice of Hyakkimaru, this journey of 6 months has been the most deafening, shocking and emotional.

Either way, awaiting upon the final episode! Anywho hopefully it will go on a solid ending note.
Modified by KANLen09, Jun 20, 6:46 AM
 
Jun 20, 7:28 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 30
"wow really I think it's making the story better , making daigo wish only for power was dull and it improved upon it.

It wasn't contrived it made perfect sense. Hero being grey is equivalent to great writing as it's an inherent aspect of the human condition to be grey and not be black or white, even if you call it a cliche(which is the wrong word to use) it's still one that's worth writing."

Well I mean what they're doing with Hyakkimaru seems really forced. Also I would say that they're quite of few people in history who were entirely evil. Making Hyakkimaru into a monster was also my least favorite parts of young black jack. Also it doesn't seem like they're trying to make Hyakkimaru grey, but trying to make him almost black.
 
Jun 20, 11:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 12
yasuda1986 said:
"1. Tahomaru is trying to kill him to stop him hurting his land and people more, if Hyakkimaru swore to not pursue his arms and eyes and moved far away, then he would literally never be bothered by Daigo's land ever again. Perhaps they'd prefer for him to be dead and save more of their people, but that's never been portrayed as their objective.

2. No, it is killing people. We've literally seen disease and famine killing people on screen, and it's been made very clear that the reason their land is falling under these disasters is because the pact with the demons is being broken by Hyakkimaru. Sure you could argue this is just the way things should have been, it's a fair point of view, but why would they not save lives when they have the power.

3. There is no survival instinct here, he is actively pursuing battle and danger to have a better body and quality of life. It's certainly not fair on him, but a lot of things in life (more so in their world) are unfair. Thousands of people dying to natural disasters is unfair. Thousands of people dying to preventable natural disasters is unfair.

4. Daigo offered his body to the demons. As he quite openly and literally said, he was willing to offer them anything of his. His life, his body, his soul. I still wouldn't describe Daigo as a good person, he seems too stubborn and unsympathetic to Hyakkimaru, and he seems to be creating war out of ego and securing his position more than what's best for his people. But at least he's not killing innocents to secure his position. Like some people are."

Tahomaru made an enemy of Hyakkimaru right away. When your opponent is kill first talk later, trying to come to an agreement is impossible. Tahomaru was the one with the chance to offer that possibly.


What?? The whole reason he's being attacked is because he continues to pursue his body, they don't need to spell it out to each other that the fighting would cease if Hyakkimaru stopped because there wouldn't even be a reason to fight at all if he stopped.
👌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)👌
 
Jun 20, 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 498
NV_ said:


Did you even watch the series or are you arguing from the synopsis?

1. Tahomaru is trying to kill him to stop him hurting his land and people more, if Hyakkimaru swore to not pursue his arms and eyes and moved far away, then he would literally never be bothered by Daigo's land ever again. Perhaps they'd prefer for him to be dead and save more of their people, but that's never been portrayed as their objective.

2. No, it is killing people. We've literally seen disease and famine killing people on screen, and it's been made very clear that the reason their land is falling under these disasters is because the pact with the demons is being broken by Hyakkimaru. Sure you could argue this is just the way things should have been, it's a fair point of view, but why would they not save lives when they have the power.

3. There is no survival instinct here, he is actively pursuing battle and danger to have a better body and quality of life. It's certainly not fair on him, but a lot of things in life (more so in their world) are unfair. Thousands of people dying to natural disasters is unfair. Thousands of people dying to preventable natural disasters is unfair.

4. Daigo offered his body to the demons. As he quite openly and literally said, he was willing to offer them anything of his. His life, his body, his soul. I still wouldn't describe Daigo as a good person, he seems too stubborn and unsympathetic to Hyakkimaru, and he seems to be creating war out of ego and securing his position more than what's best for his people. But at least he's not killing innocents to secure his position. Like some people are.


the thing is, it didn't start like this. hyakkimaru killed a demon and got a body part. then he did it again and got another. he learned that if he went after the demons he would have his body back, so he did. he didn't know about a pact, he didn't even know about daigo's land until he came across them. you're arguing about him fighting merely for a better quality of life but when it all began, he had nothing, he couldn't feel, see, talk, hear, he didn't even had a face. the trigger that set him out of control these last episodes for his arms and eyes wasn't -his- quality of life, he realized he couldn't protect what he cared about - dororo - properly without his body. would you rather fight to be able to protect someone you care about and cares for you or give it up for the sake of a land of people who call him a demon and are trying to kill him? both are fighting for what they want to protect in a way. and it's not like tahoumaru and daigo would stop trying to kill him even if he went away and tried to live in peace with what he already has. he already took stuff from the demons, the land is already perishing, even without his arms and eyes. tahoumaru explicitly said this episode, and in the last ones too, that he's going after hyakkimaru to give his body back to the demons. his objective had been killing hyakkimaru ever since they met in banmon.
you see, it's not that black and white, i wouldn't side and agree with hyakkimaru's fight if he was actively killing all those innocent people by his sword, but the famine and diseases aren't really his fault. i stand by hyakkimaru on this because it wasn't his choice, it's too heavy of a burden for a boy to carry on his back. can't hold it against him if he's trying to end the pact.
to me, natural disasters, pests and all that is falling on the land, those are all natural. it's devastating and hard, yes, but it is natural. no one's fault but of nature itself. daigo tried to interfere in that trying to make a pact with demons but it would never last. what would have happened after the demons finished consuming hyakkimaru's body? they would have to give another sacrifice? would him give tahoumaru in his place, or tahoumaru's first born? does that make it okay?
i actually see where you're coming from, but the only character i can't sympathize with in all this is daigo himself. the hall of evil is called of evil for a reason after all. demons are never good or fair. he knew what he was getting into. and I don't buy his talk of "for the prosperity of the land", what daigo wants is power, he fights for himself.
 
Jun 20, 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 11289
a bit sad how the series is coming to its finale like this
 
Jun 20, 12:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 498
NV_ said:
yasuda1986 said:
"1. Tahomaru is trying to kill him to stop him hurting his land and people more, if Hyakkimaru swore to not pursue his arms and eyes and moved far away, then he would literally never be bothered by Daigo's land ever again. Perhaps they'd prefer for him to be dead and save more of their people, but that's never been portrayed as their objective.

2. No, it is killing people. We've literally seen disease and famine killing people on screen, and it's been made very clear that the reason their land is falling under these disasters is because the pact with the demons is being broken by Hyakkimaru. Sure you could argue this is just the way things should have been, it's a fair point of view, but why would they not save lives when they have the power.

3. There is no survival instinct here, he is actively pursuing battle and danger to have a better body and quality of life. It's certainly not fair on him, but a lot of things in life (more so in their world) are unfair. Thousands of people dying to natural disasters is unfair. Thousands of people dying to preventable natural disasters is unfair.

4. Daigo offered his body to the demons. As he quite openly and literally said, he was willing to offer them anything of his. His life, his body, his soul. I still wouldn't describe Daigo as a good person, he seems too stubborn and unsympathetic to Hyakkimaru, and he seems to be creating war out of ego and securing his position more than what's best for his people. But at least he's not killing innocents to secure his position. Like some people are."

Tahomaru made an enemy of Hyakkimaru right away. When your opponent is kill first talk later, trying to come to an agreement is impossible. Tahomaru was the one with the chance to offer that possibly.


What?? The whole reason he's being attacked is because he continues to pursue his body, they don't need to spell it out to each other that the fighting would cease if Hyakkimaru stopped because there wouldn't even be a reason to fight at all if he stopped.

not really. tahoumaru already said that he needs to give his body back to the demons. if he stopped pursuing his body, he would be after him anyway, because of the parts he already got.
 
Jun 21, 8:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 912
Finally those two annoying bastard and bitch died. Also a grand stage fot Hyakkimaru and tahomaru to fight. I hope the ending is not a dissapointment.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

 
Jun 22, 2:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 529
How tf did Hyogo move when his head came flying? And Did that guy just called Hyaki a demon? Compared to Tahomaru, he looks more human. Fokin cliffhanger. Well, next episode is the last.

 
Top
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »