Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2019 6:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is definitely setting up for the series' finale.

What a clash though. I mean, Hyakkimaru is fighting not just his opponent but also feels like fighting himself as a part of a human/demon. One more episode left and I'm honestly missing this anime already.
Stark700Jun 17, 2019 6:41 AM
Jun 17, 2019 6:41 AM

Apr 2012
Dat cliffhanger...
Looks like it’s a fight to the death between the two brothers.... but who knows?
Since the next episode will be the last, it’s killing my hopes that I’ll be able to see a slightly older Dororo

RIP Rapidash horsie...
(i feel bad for the little horsie)
Jun 17, 2019 6:45 AM
Jul 2016
Rip Hyogo,Mutsu, Midoro
Jun 17, 2019 7:31 AM

Apr 2016
It is really hard to pick a side in all this, both sides have reasons .. and i dare to say valid reasons, for their actions. Next week is the finale. Also those villagers that has been on screen for like two episodes by now, i hope they are somehow part of Dororo and her treasure sublot.

Aleiad said:
I’ll be able to see a slightly older Dororo

Yeah i wanna see her older too.
SwagernatorJun 17, 2019 7:34 AM
Jun 17, 2019 7:53 AM

Sep 2016
Aleiad said:
Since the next episode will be the last, it’s killing my hopes that I’ll be able to see a slightly older Dororo

Honestly, that dororo still image looks like Dororo without her hair tied up. I don't know about the older part.
Jun 17, 2019 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
I gasped so many times during this episode, I lost count.
Stark700 said:
[b]One more episode left and I'm honestly missing this anime already.
Exactly how I feel. This has been an amazing ride!
Jun 17, 2019 7:55 AM

May 2016
Great episode the final ost was amazingly good. 5/5

Hyogo got his head decapitated by horse RIP.

The finale gonna be next week I hope they handle it well.
Jun 17, 2019 7:56 AM
Nov 2014
Swagernator said:
It is really hard to pick a side in all this, both sides have reasons .. and i dare to say valid reasons, for their actions. Next week is the finale. Also those villagers that has been on screen for like two episodes by now, i hope they are somehow part of Dororo and her treasure sublot.

What do you mean? Hyaka deserves what's his, you should fight for what is yours. That prosperity wasn't a fruit of their labour. It would be a different story if someone was undoing a self-sacrifice.
Jun 17, 2019 8:00 AM

Apr 2016
Bangalo said:
What do you mean? Hyaka deserves what's his, you should fight for what is yours. That prosperity wasn't a fruit of their labour. It would be a different story if someone was undoing a self-sacrifice.

What i mean is that i understand Hyakkimaru wanting his body back, but i also understand Tahomaru wanting to save his land whichever way possible.
Jun 17, 2019 8:00 AM
Sep 2015
Oh no since this end card is 'Tahomaru' the next end card will be 'Hyakkimaru and Dororo'. My Maru brothers ship is sinking in front of my eyes.
Jun 17, 2019 8:07 AM
Jul 2014
phantomfandom said:
Oh no since this end card is 'Tahomaru' the next end card will be 'Hyakkimaru and Dororo'. My Maru brothers ship is sinking in front of my eyes.

I kinda thought the same thing. Or more like, because they listed demons at the end, Hyakkimaru becomes a demon. But Dororo saves him, or someone kills him. I don't know, it can be happy end, like how the opening maybe foreshadowed it, but it still can turn out to be a tragedy.
Jun 17, 2019 8:09 AM

Mar 2017
I can't believe there's only 1 episode left... this has been one of the best anime i've ever seen and deserves to be recognised as a stand out of anime.

I feel like that whole mother and baby horse was a massive omen and if it is then the next episode is going to hurt like hell! After watching Dororo & Hyakki grow together and begin to love each other like family i will be so fucking heartbroken if they don't get a happy ending.
Jun 17, 2019 8:11 AM
Sep 2015
Nakamamonogatari said:
phantomfandom said:

I kinda thought the same thing. Or more like, because they listed demons at the end, Hyakkimaru becomes a demon. But Dororo saves him, or someone kills him. I don't know, it can be happy end, like how the opening maybe foreshadowed it, but it still can turn out to be a tragedy.

Can I offer my body to the demon to grant this series' happy ending?
Jun 17, 2019 8:12 AM
Nov 2018
If hyakkimaru kill his entire family will be together with edmond Dantes, Hamlet, Heathcliff as one of my favorite characters.

If Mutsu and hyogo had not hassled and sought to be an obstacle to hyakkimaru, they would be alive. Their death is the fault of their bad choices.

If hyakkimaru fails to kill tahomaru because of Nui will be forced. He has no reason to like her, he just has emotional bonds with dororo and jukai, she's just useless.
haydee82Jun 17, 2019 8:17 AM
Jun 17, 2019 8:18 AM

Feb 2013
He got his arms back.
Jun 17, 2019 8:19 AM

Jul 2012
I've been wondering for a long time why don't Tahoumaru just offer his body instead
Jun 17, 2019 8:20 AM
May 2016
Swagernator said:
Bangalo said:

What i mean is that i understand Hyakkimaru wanting his body back, but i also understand Tahomaru wanting to save his land whichever way possible.

solving problems by sacrificing kids to demons isn't something to side with. There are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed, If we still want to call ourselves humans.

Jun 17, 2019 8:28 AM
Jan 2016
Damn, intense episode!

Last fight will finish in next episode, Hyakkimaru is only missing his eyes, so Tahomaru ahve to die, hope so!
Jun 17, 2019 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
phantomfandom said:
Can I offer my body to the demon to grant this series' happy ending?
We can't build all our happiness upon one person's sacrifice. We all have to earn it. - Hyakki's oka-chan

asdqua said:
I've been wondering for a long time why don't Tahoumaru just offer his body instead
When Mitsu tried it in the previous episode, the demon didn't accept her sacrifice. It has to be Hyakkimaru's body, which the demon considers its due.
Jun 17, 2019 8:36 AM

Aug 2008
Anyone knows when the soundtrack will be released?
The spider is watching
Jun 17, 2019 8:37 AM

Jul 2014
Tahomarou knew he doesn't stand a chance in open field so he brought Hyakki into a closed space since he isn't used to fighting in there, smart move on his side.

I am glad those 2 are finally dead. No hating them but they are really lame and I was getting bored.

As things stand now, Daigo will die in the war and Tahomarou will die in that castle, along with his mother most likely.

Whatever Hyakki himself will die is up to debate.
Jun 17, 2019 8:38 AM

Nov 2017
asdqua said:
I've been wondering for a long time why don't Tahoumaru just offer his body instead. When Mitsu tried it in the previous episode, the demon didn't accept her sacrifice. It has to be Hyakkimaru's body, which the demon considers its due.

No, it has to be someone of Daigo's heritage, doesn't have to be Hyakkimaru I think
Jun 17, 2019 8:46 AM
Sep 2018
This is such a tragic story but i loved Nuinokata‘s speech it perfectly summed up how i feel about this situation. It’s sad that Hyakkimaru has to suffer but if it saves the whole country... On the other hand is he absolutely entitled to want his body back i don’t even know whose side I‘m on... miss this anime already, i‘ll be rewatching many time
Jun 17, 2019 8:55 AM
Dec 2018
Finally an episode with so much bgm music used!! Their ost's are sooooo good

ALSO RIP MUTSU OOH MY GOOD GIRL 😭😭
I'M SO CURIOUS WHAT JUKAI WILL DO I CAN'T SLEEP NOW
Jun 17, 2019 9:03 AM

May 2011
asdqua said:

Hmm I've been wondering about that ever since the conflict was made known. My guess is that since the pact was already made, they cannot undo, alter or break the contract. As in, during the ritual, even though the criteria can be any of the Daigo's heir, the contract was made agreed using Hyakkimaru as the sacrifice, and thus it cannot be changed. The demon themselves probably couldn't alter the pact too.

Also, since most of the demons are already dead, I doubt they are able to do a re-contract with the demons using Tahomaru as the sacrifice. It might need the power of all 12 demons to initiate the pact.

These are just my guess, if there's anyone with a better hypothesis or the correct info do let me know too, thanks!
Jun 17, 2019 9:08 AM
Apr 2019
Dororo deserves along with Junaki the love of Hyakkimaru. She supports her brother reinvind his body back.
She is a person that hyakkimaru needs.
Jun 17, 2019 9:09 AM

Aug 2018
Wow, did you guys know that the last episode will be called "Dororo to/and Hyakkimaru"? Reminds me of the original name for the 1969 anime
Anyone know what Jukai was holding near that last scene in his clothes? Looks like a statue of sorts, what do you think? I think that there will be a fight between Daigo and Hyakkimaru if he kills his brother.
Jun 17, 2019 9:11 AM

Feb 2015
Those two dumb fucks dying made the episode so much better.
Jun 17, 2019 9:14 AM

Jan 2018
I'm hoping the final shot will be Hyakkimaru getting his eyes back and seeing dororo for the first time.
whats a signature
Jun 17, 2019 9:17 AM
May 2018
Did anyone else notice that hyakkimaru had a sword but didn't use it once he only used the blades
Jun 17, 2019 9:17 AM

Dec 2016
Junkai... just what are you planing? X(

R.I.P Hyogo and Mutsu...

This episode was very thrilling! The brother's lives are on the line and I don't know what might happen in the last episode... I am hopping Hyakkimaru will get his eyes back.

Lel0uchZer0 said:
YES MUTSU AND HYOGO DIED
YESSSSSSSSSSSS THE BEST MOMENT OF THE SERIES

Really now. There is no excitement about deaths :(

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 17, 2019 9:21 AM

Apr 2007
yeah fuck those brothers ,

next week soon the party will truly be over :(

heres to my Dororo x Hyakki ship to happen
Jun 17, 2019 9:40 AM

Apr 2014
best episode so far by far. two sides both with their reasons, its not a matter of good or evil but two people fighting for what they believe is right.
Jun 17, 2019 9:54 AM
Oct 2015
There's a specific part in this episode that I just love so much. It's when Hyakkimaru finds Tahomaru and he is standing in the doorway. To Hyakkimaru's left, there is normal lighting (which I think shows his humanity) and to his right is ominous red lighting (which shows the demon growing within him). Hyakkimaru is truly at a crossroad within himself with truly discovering why he wants all of his body parts or if he NEEDS them. I'm super excited for the final episode next week.
Jun 17, 2019 10:25 AM
Sep 2018
Swagernator said:

i dont think hyakkimaru is wrong . I only think that the fact that tahomaru became a demon is ironical since he was among the first one to call hyakkimaru a demon.
( sorry about my english .english isnt my mother tongue)
Jun 17, 2019 10:25 AM

May 2013
I do hope Junkai doesn't do something that would make it more difficult for Hyakkimaru to carry out the retrieval of his eyes.

At this point I don't care if he does kill Tahoumaru (he deserves it) or his own mother (she became part of Daigo's ship now she sinks with it). But i'm so incredibly worried about what will become of Dororo if she enters the castle.

I just want these two to have a happy ending where they can just spend time together, help people and follow Dororo's new purpose.
Jun 17, 2019 10:30 AM

Sep 2015
The last 'Demon Name' page is gonna be Hyakki.. isn't it?

Please let Hyakki and Dororo live happily ever after Japan, don't break my heart again.
Jun 17, 2019 10:41 AM

Feb 2015
So by pursuing Hyakkimaru, Tahomaru's actions led to:
- the demonization of the horse, thus the killing of many soldiers of Daigo's land;
- the death of both his servants/friends;
- the fire of hos own castle.

And he's still saying that the one destroying the land is Hyakkimaru? Come on.
EckhartPilgrimJun 17, 2019 10:50 AM
Jun 17, 2019 10:48 AM
Jan 2019
Anime's good but the characters are all stupid. How can they keep making hyakki out to be a villiain like they don't gain from him being a sacrifice. They literally have no right to complain. They can fight it but their idea that they're in the right is just stupid.
Even the guy who makes the prosthetics is against hyakki taking his body back because "he'll become a demon" which is another dumb idea that characters have. He's simply taking back what's his I can't even feel sympathy for the people of daigo.
Jun 17, 2019 10:49 AM

Sep 2017
Some great moments this episode. The finale was set up well. Tahomaru is so creepy with his three eyes. This shot is so amazing. There is so much symbolism. Probably one of my favorite shots from the show. Scary to think that Hyakkimaru is such a demon that he wouldn't even be able to recognize Dororo, much less his mother. Hyogo getting his fucking head torn off was so gory and awesome, I loved it. The Rapidash was so OP it took Mitsu and Hyogo combined with demon superpowers to take it down. Tahomaru's scream was okay, but I've heard better. I love how well choreographed the sword fight between Hyakkimaru and Tahomaru was. The animation was super crisp too. I have no idea how this show will conclude, so I can't wait for the finale next week
Jun 17, 2019 10:52 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, what an episode! Really setting it up for the final next week.
I literally gasped when tahoumaru's friends died,,,,, that was so brutal.

what a ride it's been. can't wait to see it conclude next week!
Jun 17, 2019 11:08 AM
Apr 2019
EckhartPilgrim said:
So by pursuing Hyakkimaru, Tahomaru's actions led to:
- the demonization of the horse, thus the killing of many soldiers of Daigo's land;
- the death of both his servants/friends;
- the fire of hos own castle.

And he's still saying that the one destroying the land is Hyakkimaru? Come on.
Really? Hyakki retrieving his body parts caused suffering to the entire Daigo.
Jun 17, 2019 11:11 AM
Apr 2019
ninka22 said:
Swagernator said:

solving problems by sacrificing kids to demons isn't something to side with. There are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed, If we still want to call ourselves humans.

A whole domain > a single boy

The mother said it herself. The choice is obvious from logical standpoint, you'll save the one with the larger numbers.

But it's morally questionable to thrive off a boy who's involuntarily sacrificed yes.

And idk how tf getting strong will stop landslides and fucking drought, the story would probably end with Asakura annexing Daigo and relocating its people.
Jun 17, 2019 11:28 AM

Sep 2007
I dunno about anyone else....but Hyogo and Mutsu being killed by Rapidash was like "lol, wow...for giving Hyakki a hard time earlier you end up getting killed by the horse in the end?" part of me is like "serves you losers right" and part of me is ...head-palming and going "wow I'm ashamed..."

maxbaker said:
Did anyone else notice that hyakkimaru had a sword but didn't use it once he only used the blades
I know right. Maybe it's ornamental? (Vaguely recall Rurouni Kenshin sword was like that too?)
Either that or that was a mistake on the studio's part (I mean....when and why is Hyakki carrying a sword if he always uses his arm blades)

Dang...I thought there were 2 eps left after this then looked again...WHAT?? JUST ONE?! *SOB*

Well at least this episode confirmed 11 parts were taken...I'm going to back later to figure them out but pretty sure his y'know what is not included (lol)
IkanoJun 17, 2019 11:31 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 17, 2019 11:38 AM

Apr 2019
What an amazing episode. I simply can't wait to see the finale also the music in this episode was very good.
Jun 17, 2019 11:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
asdqua said:

I think the demon would not accept it.

I've made my peace with Tahomaru surviving this, but at the very least, Hikki's dad has to pay for what he did. All of this is his fault.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 17, 2019 11:53 AM
Mar 2015
This all started because the demons were plaguing Daigo's lands Instead of fighting the demons he sold his sons to the demons. The disaster will not end until all the demons are dead. Glad Daigo finally decided to fight instead of depending on the demons. A truly Japanese ending would have the entire family and the demons dead. The castle is already burning so we are part way there
Jun 17, 2019 11:54 AM

Dec 2018
Damn, again what an episode.

So the real message of the whole show is the strong vs the weak(Thanks to the conversation between Dororo, Hyakkimaru's mother, priest and the villagers).

The weak people in this case is Daigo, he is the lord of his land and he couldn't bring prosperity to it by his own hands. Instead he made a taboo deal with demons.

The strong people in this case is Hyakkimaru, he is the single person(not royalty) that's getting whats he wants by his bare hands(which he got this episode)

But both these types of people are demons,
Daigo(weak) - Finding inhuman ways(taboo deal) to do human deeds(prosperity of the land),
Hyakkimaru(strong) - Doing inhuman deeds(killing everything that's against him) to become human.
And like Dororo said the only way they wouldn't become demons is because of their hearts, Hyakkimaru's heart is Dororo(and still to a extent his mother), she will stop Hyakkimaru from himself. But what's Daigo's heart, his family, no(Daigo decides to go to war instead of helping his favored son), Daigo's heart is his land, he does everything for his land, he's raising Tahomaru not to fatherly love but the intent of bestowing a future lord for his beloved LAND, probably the last time he's going to be seeing his son, he chooses to go to war for the LAND. But his beloved land has already gone to hell, no way he's going to be human at the end of this.

Tahomaru in this case doesn't fall under weak nor strong, he's the human in this conflict that's carrying out his WEAK fathers will. He himself haven't done any inhuman deeds to get what he wants. Yes he's depicted as being demon but he himself didn't do the taboo to get Hyakkimaru's eye, it's Mutsu's fault. So I think if he dies, he's going to die a human.

Hyogo and Mutsu in my eyes did nothing wrong, they were given a second chance in life by Daigo and be by Tahomaru's side their whole lives.

From what Dororo told the villagers, about being strong is fine if you know your heart, I feel like their is going to be some sort of revolution to overthrow the samurai control and Dororo's treasure could become useful in that case. So please let us have a happy ending.

Jukai what are you doing....
Shotttooo00_0000Jun 17, 2019 12:03 PM
Jun 17, 2019 11:56 AM

Dec 2008
Intense episode, I can't wait to see Tahomaru get cut down. And what the heck is Jukai planing to do with that figure?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
4 hours ago

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.