Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Jun 17, 4:25 AM
some AOT truths revealed in this episode, correction if I'm wrong:

- the island where eren lives and the other is called paradis

- Paradis is a small island surrounded by several continents that have the lives of modern society

- the race of human descendants is called the descendant of the devil because they can become transformed into titan.

- eldia ancestor named YMIR FRIZT (she is not Ymir Historia), she is a woman who gets the power of the first Titan after entering into an agreement with Satan

- zeke beast titan turns out to be eren's siblings

- the Titan who wandered in Season 1 before and killed Eren's friends, were former Grisha restoration friends sent to heaven by Marley

- Dina Grisha's first wife is a smile titan who killed eren's mother

- Marley countries know and have the technology of Titan spinal fluid syringes

- the eldia people who were on the side of the wall were people left behind by king frizt

- the number of titan shifter in AOT is 9, and marley controls 7 titan shifers at that time, titan armor, titan beast, colossal titan, female titan, ymir little titan, titan of goods carrier, the remaining 1 maybe we'll see it in the next episode

- Reiner, Bertold, Annie, Marcell, Zeke, it turns out that they are not really the real enemies of Eren and eldia, just as Ymir said on Eren in Season 2.

- the reason Marley attacked the paradis because they wanted to take natural resources there.

those are some points that I can take for now, and AOT's great mysteries are still unresolved, like how YMIR FRIZT can get titanic power from the devil, it looks like a stupid vampire mythical story, where they really live around modern humans.

but after watching this episode, for some reason like losing HYPE, I mean seriously whether we won't see Titan fighting naked again with Mikasa, Levi, and what about Eren after seeing the truth whether he will still destroy all the Titan in this world, after he knew that the Titan Titan was their own race nation

I hope this program won't be boring in the next episode, because I heard that Araki will make AOT 4 season
Modified by Raphtaliamal, Jun 17, 4:29 AM

Jun 17, 4:35 AM

You're correct. Paradis and Marley are a reflection of our world's Madagascar and Africa. The current situation in Marley is the 1900s, after the industrial revolution and between WWI and WWII. This is why the Paradis is less developed in comparison to Marley and why coffee does not exist inside the walls.

You're right about the nine shifters, and one of them is still not revealed. The smiling titan was dina, ex wife of Grisha and a royal blood; who was the smiling titan that ate Carla. The rest of the restorations were the titans you saw during the trost.

During the titan war, King Fritz; the holder of the founding titan left along with his people to the island, and marley took over the land resulting in the prosecution of Eldians.

Zeke is Eren's Half Brother. Also, you should consider the fact that memories of the world can greatly affect Eren as a human, who will eventually become more matured - something like Omoide Emanon.

This episode was only half of the reveal. The other half will be covered in the upcoming episodes.

Jun 17, 4:38 AM
Raphtaliamal said:

those are some points that I can take for now, and AOT's great mysteries are still unresolved, like how YMIR FRIZT can get titanic power from the devil, it looks like a stupid vampire mythical story, where they really live around modern humans.

this point like reality ,not stupid

in real life devil can give u wealth and glory,

u must find in historical in world when human become
devil worshiper

Jun 17, 4:53 AM

Re: your point about Reiner, Zeke, and their gang not being enemies of Eren and Eldia/Paradis; the way I see it (I haven't read the manga), they still ARE the enemies because they're fighting for Marley, who are using the them as 'warriors' to get their hands on the fossil fuels. We'll find out in the next two episodes, I guess.

Jun 17, 5:19 AM
Raphtaliamal said:

I hope this program won't be boring in the next episode, because I heard that Araki will make AOT 4 season

don't see whats that got to do with season 4 .

Jun 17, 5:34 AM
operationvalkyri said:
Re: your point about Reiner, Zeke, and their gang not being enemies of Eren and Eldia/Paradis; the way I see it (I haven't read the manga), they still ARE the enemies because they're fighting for Marley, who are using the them as 'warriors' to get their hands on the fossil fuels. We'll find out in the next two episodes, I guess.
I understand if you and some people hate with Reiner, Bertold, and Annie,

but think about they have no choice their families are all held hostage at marley,

if I'm not wrong, bertold say this when they kidnapped Eren in season 2

"You think I like doing all this, we really deserve to be hated and die badly, we can't atone for our sins, conny jean I don't lie I really think of you all as friends"

so I think they're not bad people

Jun 17, 5:37 AM

Yep. This is one of the episodes in aot that you have to remember. But not all secret has been revealed yet tho

Jun 17, 5:45 AM

Raphtaliamal said:
operationvalkyri said:

but think about they have no choice their families are all held hostage at marley,

"You think I like doing all this, we really deserve to be hated and die badly, we can't atone for our sins, conny jean I don't lie I really think of you all as friends"

Oh absolutely. When I say 'enemy', I do not mean 'bad people', I mean wanting to destroy the people inside the walls without just cause. They are a still a threat to Eren and his people. I was using your word. If I were to describe it, I would call them on opposing sides, neither completely in the wrong, nor completely in the right. And I believe that's how Isayama wants us to see them.

Jun 17, 6:18 AM

I'm so lost, I need a recap

Jun 17, 7:01 AM
Look, 1700 years ago, Ymir Fritz made a contract. Thats 1700 years ago, in that amount of time, there's no saying what the actual truth is. Thats why people accepted "Ymir made a contract with the Earth devil" as the truth.

Jun 17, 7:30 AM
Raphtaliamal said:

- Paradis is a small island surrounded by several continents that have the lives of modern society

- the race of human descendants is called the descendant of the devil because they can become transformed into titan.

- eldia ancestor named YMIR FRIZT (she is not Ymir Historia), she is a woman who gets the power of the first Titan after entering into an agreement with Satan

- the Titan who wandered in Season 1 before and killed Eren's friends, were former Grisha restoration friends sent to heaven by Marley

- the eldia people who were on the side of the wall were people left behind by king frizt

- the number of titan shifter in AOT is 9, and marley controls 7 titan shifers at that time, titan armor, titan beast, colossal titan, female titan, ymir little titan, titan of goods carrier, the remaining 1 maybe we'll see it in the next episode

- Reiner, Bertold, Annie, Marcell, Zeke, it turns out that they are not really the real enemies of Eren and eldia, just as Ymir said on Eren in Season 2.

- the reason Marley attacked the paradis because they wanted to take natural resources there.

but after watching this episode, for some reason like losing HYPE, I mean seriously whether we won't see Titan fighting naked again with Mikasa, Levi, and what about Eren after seeing the truth whether he will still destroy all the Titan in this world, after he knew that the Titan Titan was their own race nation

there was really no marley arc when Isayama started the manga.But for us the fans he made the ending changed.
Apparently, the manga sells went down after the basement reveal.Still AoT manga have the popularity because of it's complex story, the characters and still the fight between the titan shifters.

So if u say that u might miss more titan-human fight yeah that's true there would be nothing like this Shiganshina arc but believe me the story is really the plus point for this show.U won't be bored.

Jun 17, 7:31 AM
so what makes you exactly lose the HYPE then? and whats Araki doing Season 4 got to do with all of this? lol that seems random and do not bet that Araki will direct Attack on Titan ever again, lower your expectations on Araki returning to direct the series

Jun 17, 11:50 AM
Wildcat17 said:

Rewatch the episode. Or go onto the shingekinokyojin subreddit. There's some people there that have made a "summary" of the events. Be careful of manga spoilers from beyond this point though

Jun 17, 11:51 AM

Wildcat17 said:

EIIER said:
Wildcat17 said:

yeah for real though

Next episode will have a recap of all of the information by Hange during that conference in the preview.

Jun 17, 12:00 PM
Who was really the Devil of All Earth? Is it just metaphorical name for... some thing, or was it a real devil? If so, is it going to turn into a religious battle between devil and god in the end???

Jun 17, 12:24 PM
JanPri said:
Who was really the Devil of All Earth? Is it just metaphorical name for... some thing, or was it a real devil? If so, is it going to turn into a religious battle between devil and god in the end???

we do not know yet but in the manga the recent chapters gone something like

Jun 17, 12:28 PM
deg said:
JanPri said:

So it's more like fantasy than sci-fi? I somehow expected aliens or scientists from future traveling back in time or something like that tbh

Jun 17, 12:38 PM
JanPri said:
deg said:

So it's more like fantasy than sci-fi? I somehow expected aliens or scientists from future traveling back in time or something like that tbh

yep i consider Attack on Titan as hard fantasy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_fantasy

as for science fiction stuff that is already a done plot with the "military experiment" or "scientists" created the titans on the original manga (1 chapter) and live action movies
https://attackontitan.fandom.com/wiki/Attack_on_Titan_Volume_0
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Titan_(film)#Part_2

Jun 17, 1:24 PM
I have watched SnK first episode quite a few times and I had always thought that the titan that killed Eren's mother was dark/brown haired. I had to look up the video today after ep 8's revelation.

Jun 17, 1:59 PM
Raphtaliamal said:

Ymir and satan thing happened 1820 years ago.. so yeah u can imagine 😬

Jun 17, 2:00 PM
JanPri said:

Its not nanatsu no taizai 😂😂😂

Jun 17, 2:49 PM

Still wonder how Ymir in pure titan form was able to eat a shifter that easily...wouldn't a shifter always be able to defeat one single brainless titan? Is this something that will be picked up later or just "it is as it is"?

Jun 17, 2:52 PM
Arcos said:
Still wonder how Ymir in pure titan form was able to eat a shifter that easily...wouldn't a shifter always be able to defeat one single brainless titan? Is this something that will be picked up later or just "it is as it is"?

there will be flashbacks about that later since i remember reading how it happened in the manga

Jun 17, 3:49 PM

You're the second person who got this wrong lol
Marley attacked the paradis because they wanted to take natural resources there.
They want to get the Founding Titan, because that way they can turn all of the Eldians into their Titan soldiers, not just those who live in Marley but potentially the Eldians inside the walls too. But they aren't aware that the Survey Corps launched a coup d'etat, there is no royal government anymore, they got hold of the Founding Titan, found out the truth about the world and will probably tell everyone inside the walls the state of things. Now it's up to Eren and the rest how they will handle things, do they comply and side with Marleyans or do they want to rebuild a place for Eldians.

Also every royal who knew the truth about Titans is dead, my guess is that we''ll never even know the real truth as to how Titans came to be. That only makes things even more complicated for the characters since Eren has the power to know but can't use it cause he's not a royal. Might be wrong on that though lol I need to rewatch s3 p1

Still they are being used by the Marleyan government so they are enemies, it's just sad that they are Eldians too

Modified by Esquirtit, Jun 17, 3:58 PM

Jun 17, 3:49 PM
Arcos said:
It will soon be showed in anime.May be in season 4.

Jun 17, 4:56 PM
[quote=Raphtaliamal]
Akahiro said:

what, but if it happened 1820 years ago, why did the people in the marley continent not perish, wouldn't there be a large ethnic cleansing custom in the heyday of Eldia,

What's more, it's only YMIR
FRIZT makes agreements with demons, what about other humans, and what advantages do demons get if they give power to humans,

in any Bible if the devil gives something to humans, then they will get a sacrifice worthy from humans,

somehow this series starts to make no sense
Modified by Raphtaliamal, Jun 17, 5:00 PM

Jun 17, 5:08 PM
Esquirtit said:
Marley attacked the paradis because they wanted to take natural resources there.
They want to get the Founding Titan, because that way they can turn all of the Eldians into their Titan soldiers, not just those who live in Marley but potentially the Eldians inside the walls too.
yes that's what reiner says when it comes to season 2, but in this episode the owl told Grisha that the purpose of marley invaded paradis to take resources there, given that world technology was developing, whether it was petroleum, or minerals, or maybe fuel for planes fly, that's what I saw in this episode

Jun 17, 5:33 PM

Raphtaliamal said:
Esquirtit said:
They want to get the Founding Titan, because that way they can turn all of the Eldians into their Titan soldiers, not just those who live in Marley but potentially the Eldians inside the walls too.
yes that's what reiner says when it comes to season 2, but in this episode the owl told Grisha that the purpose of marley invaded paradis to take resources there, given that world technology was developing, whether it was petroleum, or minerals, or maybe fuel for planes fly, that's what I saw in this episode
It was said this episode too, the Marleyan government wanted to infiltrate and take the Founding Titan. Then it's both, they need fossil fuel and the Founding Titan. Why else were Annie, Marcel, Reiner and Berthold send on a mission to infiltrate the walls all those years ago? I came to conlusions too fast I guess, I thought it was too convenient that fossil fuel lied under Paradis and that it was a made up lie by the officials to attack Paradis. So my bet is that they wanted the Founding Titan too, to control every Eldian, instead of wiping them all out to get to the resources

what, but if it happened 1820 years ago, why did the people in the marley continent not perish, wouldn't there be a large ethnic cleansing custom in the heyday of Eldia,

FRIZT makes agreements with demons, what about other humans, and what advantages do demons get if they give power to humans,

in any Bible if the devil gives something to humans, then they will get a sacrifice worthy from humans,

They needed the people of Marley to reproduce faster, also what has been said about about the devil is not the absolute truth, it was just something Grisha's father was reading, a book written by the Marleyan government to instill guilt in the Eldians. Pretty much all of the history could be false
Modified by Esquirtit, Jun 17, 6:00 PM

Jun 17, 5:45 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Wildcat17 said:

What is so hard to understand?
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

Jun 17, 6:56 PM
[quote=Raphtaliamal]
Raphtaliamal said:
Akahiro said:

Look, that's the point. Ymir got the powers 1820 years ago or something like that. That is so far back in history that as time passed, the story changed and twisted so much that it probably wouldnt have made sense anymore. So they came up with this truth that "Ymir made a contract with the Earth devil". Alot of this will be explained next episode.

Jun 17, 6:57 PM

crazey said:
Wildcat17 said:

Rewatch the episode. Or go onto the shingekinokyojin subreddit. There's some people there that have made a "summary" of the events. Be careful of manga spoilers from beyond this point though

I'll check it out, thanks

Danpmss said:
Wildcat17 said:

EIIER said:

yeah for real though

Next episode will have a recap of all of the information by Hange during that conference in the preview.

hope so

Lucyxxx said:
Wildcat17 said:

What is so hard to understand?

What is so easy to understand?

Jun 18, 7:15 AM

You forgot to mention that the titans we see now (pure titans) were previously the remaining eldian people in Marley. Marley then sent them all to the island and transformed into titans so they can eat all eldians in the island.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Preview MangaManga Store