Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 20, 2019 11:40 AM
Jan 2019
It seems really absurd to me that not a single bullet could have been given to Liscar's idiot. Is it bulletproof or does it have some superpower?. Well, the war started. I just hope the damned traitor Minister dies.

The director of Dorothea is really strong, her sword is great.
Jun 20, 2019 2:46 PM

Aug 2015
WolfDBreidi said:
It seems really absurd to me that not a single bullet could have been given to Liscar's idiot. Is it bulletproof or does it have some superpower?. Well, the war started. I just hope the damned traitor Minister dies.

The director of Dorothea is really strong, her sword is great.

that's right. i also thought that Free is pretty cool and strong dude, but he's proving over and over again that it was a mistake, lol
Jun 20, 2019 10:42 PM
Sep 2016
Ok, you know what? The more I think about Beevee's approach the more I realize how much I hate it. It goes COMPLETELY against everything that the first few episodes stood for in terms of action directing. It's just so... anime. "HAHAHA I BEEVEE LISCAR WILL NOT BE SHOT BY YOU PUNY PALACE GUARDS NOW WATCH ME APPROACH YOUR FEEBLE TERRIBLY GUARDED FORTRESS" seriously??? The reason the first two episodes were so great was because they went against anime tropes. Imagine if the first action scene went like Beevee's approach. "foolish mafia! they think their priceless artifact is safe but i, veronica thorn of Suna, will swipe it from your very noses" *veronica sweeps in and slices mafia* "OH so you thought you could best me with your mortal weapons? Well my Fairy, Blood Daughter, has a special ability you see! A mere cut is all it takes to reap your very soul from your body!" *they die with black spilling out of them* Free: "Who goes there? What's this? Another Fairy User? But you're not even registered!" etc etc
like, the entire point of this show's writing is to show grounded fights with tight action with a unique world where every character is a badass. not showing some dumb one note villain casually strolling up to a heavily guarded fortress cackling and mocking his assailants. Where's the show I was watching two months ago? Did the entire writing and directing staff change? Or did they just rush the second half of part 1?
Jun 22, 2019 10:15 AM
Apr 2016
AquaShldEXE said:
Ok, you know what? The more I think about Beevee's approach the more I realize how much I hate it. It goes COMPLETELY against everything that the first few episodes stood for in terms of action directing. It's just so... anime. "HAHAHA I BEEVEE LISCAR WILL NOT BE SHOT BY YOU PUNY PALACE GUARDS NOW WATCH ME APPROACH YOUR FEEBLE TERRIBLY GUARDED FORTRESS" seriously??? The reason the first two episodes were so great was because they went against anime tropes. Imagine if the first action scene went like Beevee's approach. "foolish mafia! they think their priceless artifact is safe but i, veronica thorn of Suna, will swipe it from your very noses" *veronica sweeps in and slices mafia* "OH so you thought you could best me with your mortal weapons? Well my Fairy, Blood Daughter, has a special ability you see! A mere cut is all it takes to reap your very soul from your body!" *they die with black spilling out of them* Free: "Who goes there? What's this? Another Fairy User? But you're not even registered!" etc etc
like, the entire point of this show's writing is to show grounded fights with tight action with a unique world where every character is a badass. not showing some dumb one note villain casually strolling up to a heavily guarded fortress cackling and mocking his assailants. Where's the show I was watching two months ago? Did the entire writing and directing staff change? Or did they just rush the second half of part 1?

Well truth be told you were watching some sorta different series, if that's what you describe this one to be about. This series suffers from generic production on many sides - scene directing, fight choreography... which does not exist because some insane mercenary is safely walking through bullets. Many things are extremely unrefined, if you compare it to better-cared works. What is worse, this series was so since the beginning, it might be. The author did not care to carefuly refine his creation, but stacked some dozen tropes upon each other and just rolled with it. Hence a rather justified approach by the site goers.
Re:formed
Jun 22, 2019 1:06 PM

Jan 2016
how tf are you a soldier if you can't hit a person that's STANDING STILL IN ONE PLACE.
Jun 22, 2019 4:30 PM
Apr 2016
RobinTheKing said:
how tf are you a soldier if you can't hit a person that's STANDING STILL IN ONE PLACE.

Thanks to this
But done extremely amateur-ish and clumsily. Hence the falling scores...
Jun 22, 2019 7:01 PM
Sep 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:

Well truth be told you were watching some sorta different series, if that's what you describe this one to be about. This series suffers from generic production on many sides - scene directing, fight choreography... which does not exist because some insane mercenary is safely walking through bullets. Many things are extremely unrefined, if you compare it to better-cared works. What is worse, this series was so since the beginning, it might be. The author did not care to carefuly refine his creation, but stacked some dozen tropes upon each other and just rolled with it. Hence a rather justified approach by the site goers.

I just don't see it. There's a clear difference in quality between the first and second half of this season. Because this show had amazing directing in the first half, and I'm shocked that most MAL users didn't see it. I'm certain that something happened midway that turned the series on its head, because the mistakes made in the second half were explicitly not made in the first half.(with the halfway point being the end of episode 5)
Jun 23, 2019 1:55 AM
Apr 2016
AquaShldEXE said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

I just don't see it. There's a clear difference in quality between the first and second half of this season. Because this show had amazing directing in the first half, and I'm shocked that most MAL users didn't see it. I'm certain that something happened midway that turned the series on its head, because the mistakes made in the second half were explicitly not made in the first half.(with the halfway point being the end of episode 5)

Then again I can not claim I have seen some great directing during the firrst 5-6 episodes. It was a normal directing that did not play with angles, did not cleverly further the plot but just put the camera there, when the scenes happened chronologically. Maybe if you list me an example it would be easier to contest what you say. However, clearly the rest of the episodes highlight how badly the directing is (became), since we can see half-brained fights, people walking into bullet rain, that woman jumping several stories high and moving like Flash, and stuff and stuff. Maybe the first half was not as bad because they did not have anything to show that could be made really bad, amateur-ish. I like the series, I hath interest in it, but as a responsible viewer I will not close my eyes to a vast amount of flaws that could have been avoided had they spent more time/hired more experienced people to refine it.
Jun 23, 2019 3:46 PM

Aug 2017
A bit better that the last couple of episodes. Still why everyone in army is a stormtrooper? The amount of plot armour that Liscar had when walking up to the palace was ridiculous lmao.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 25, 2019 12:33 AM

Mar 2019
Geez the colonels lucky he had storm troopers shooting at him the whole time.
Jun 25, 2019 6:13 PM

Jun 2010
Please tell me I'm not the only one that cringed really hard when he started whistling to the song's tune because it was stupid af.
Jun 29, 2019 11:12 AM

Dec 2016
How and why the soldiers couldn't shoot to one single target!?? The nerves must get into them but I think it's plain ridiculous none of them couldn't even hit! -_-;

Liscar's whistle following the soundtrack's song was a cool idea but also very terrifying. He's very a lucky guy to go that far to the destination without getting a single scratch.
PurpleGirl203Jun 29, 2019 11:18 AM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 8, 2020 2:40 PM

Jul 2015
Well the whistling part together with the ost looked cool if only the part where all soldiers shoot at Liscar was done better because how the hell can he just walk and stand still without even a scratch of a bullet? That makes him too overpowered and unbelievable, like if only his clothes get scratched or a small cut would be a lot better than remaining unscathed at all

Feb 14, 2021 9:48 PM
Oct 2019
there better be some total ass kicking next episode by SOMEBODY. even if the palace falls, the fairy soldier guy or whiny bitch girl need to actually do SOMETHING for once. It's like they've both only gotten weaker since the first episode

so the one guy is staging a coup for the sole purpose of less fairy restrictions? I mean, fur real? and how did nobody see the misdirection by the insurrectionists coming? lure the defense forces away from the capital and then sack the capital. derp

the colonel guy just likes war? that's it? that's his motivation? how did that defense squad in the alley get completely wiped out when they had the better angle, cover and took the enemy by surprise? what the what

unanswered questions that hopefully get some resolution in the final episode:
-what's the real story with this cursed girl narrative
-why was awful whiny bitch girl able to fuse with a fairy without surgery
-why did guy burn down that town and forest and killed everybody
-is chick ever going to kill the guy that burned down the town and forest
-what's wolfran's endgame?
-what the heck is the deal with fairies in the first place? how are they little flying globs in nature but giant beasts when merged with humans?
-is there a point to having that magical puppy in the show?
-maybe other stuff...
HagePotPotatoFeb 14, 2021 10:17 PM
Aug 15, 2021 5:21 AM

Feb 2018
Hopefully Colonel and Free will fight each other, this would be probably the most interesting fight we could get atm.
Jan 23, 2022 7:18 AM

Jul 2021
Of all the generic soldiers with stormtrooper aim, these guys are the most stormtrooper aimers of them all!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2019

51 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Feb 18, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

72 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:58 AM

» Is this worth watching?

removed-user - Oct 7, 2021

6 by Pangolin44 »»
Nov 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2019

51 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:20 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

40 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.