Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: How does this season's offering compare to the last?

Jun 16, 6:27 AM
Keeper of Axes

Summer 2019 Preview Thread

This season's offerings: https://anichart.net/Summer-2019

I'm sure spring's offering of seasonals helped to thawed your icy heart. Because before spring, you knew not of the existence of: helpful 800 year old fox lolis; sword wielding raccoon girls; orange haired tsundere cat boys; demon imoutos you can store/carry in boxes and shy middle school girls - willing to ask the teacher politely to break the walls between classes for her to stay with their friends!
For the cultured amongst you, I'm sure nobunaga sensei and nanade sensei ga koko ni go renewed your *vigour* and *warmed up* another part of your body

But now the warm up has come to an end and it's finally time for the good stuff, THE SUMMER STUFF!
So drop everything you're doing now, so you can have a moment to bask in the glory of the most culture rich selection of chinese cartoons known to man! Tell us what you're looking forward to and why, so we can all measure your cultured-ness!

In the sequels corner we have...

Danmachi season 2
With improved boob physics

Takagi season 2
For the few of you who weren't disappointed by season 1

Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator
Which isn't s a sequel but is yet another Index spin off...

We've also got...

Tsuujou Kougeki ga Ze... (The name is massive, so ganna call it "okaasan online")
Isekais with mums - for a steady supply of chicken tendies when you're out an' about saving each member of your soon to be harem of girls - and later have your mum cock block you so you don't do anything you'll regret

Uchi no Ko no Tame Naraba.... (man these LN names are long)
A parenting anime in a fantasy world with a demon child? Nani? The culture rating on this is over 9000!

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou
A shield hero 2.0 with a legal, but unfortunately human girl *spits*

Cop Craft
An interesting cross over of isekai and real life with a perspective on the potential justice system? #Debate pls :getout:

Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka?
An anime about finding the girl who liked you enough to send you a love letter with her freaking used panties as the only clue to who she is...Or he :goodtaste:

Vinland saga
An interesting anime about vikings and a historical war in England... *drools*

Dumbell Nan killo moteru?
A NEW FETISH HAS APPEARED! GYM GIRLS!

AND MORE!

I'm really looking forward to the demon girl parenting anime, Vinland saga and some of the more *creative* isekais airing this season like okaasan online. There are a few other shows that pique my interest to, like Enen non shoudoutai - which looks like an anime about fire fighters, but seems like it has more depth to it. I also wanna see how Dr Stone turns out, since it looks like it has the Animation and Art style at a perfect level, but the premise seems a bit lacklustre to me. Some of the SoL shows like dumbbell nan kilo, kawaikereba hentai, Given and Araburu kisetsu look like they'll definitely get my attention since I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

What do you guys think will be the highlight of next season? What are your top potential picks? And how generic would you say some of the isekais this season are? XD

Remember this is intended to be a discussion thread, feel free to discuss your opinion with others in the thread

Modified by Rayaxe, Jun 17, 8:12 AM
Gimme a Llama on DeviantArt: https://rayaxe2.deviantart.com/
Be who you wanna be ~ Barbie girl

Jun 16, 6:45 AM
Keeper of Axes

Man I can't emphasis how existed I am for there to be another parenting anime for me to watch...
It's one of my favourite sub genres, and it just so happens this one is an adaptation of an LN I was ganna read anyways!
Gimme a Llama on DeviantArt: https://rayaxe2.deviantart.com/
Be who you wanna be ~ Barbie girl

Jun 16, 11:42 AM

dumbbell AOTS

Jun 16, 1:13 PM

I actually don't know how to feel about next Season...i mean it's the most Isekai Season we got in a long time.But some of those Isekai actually look interesting, not that my expectations will go up but at least they are unique, we got mum Isekai and a Slice of live one so i will check em out at probably watch them for the Seasonal dose of trash.

There are also quite a few Manga adaptations from once ive read or want to read...to be honest i am quite sceptical about Vinland Saga, its just one of those manga where animation would only harm the series because the art is so good and unique.
I dont really have a opinion on the fire fighting one and Dr. Stone i knew both existed and i considered reading both but now i just wait for the anime.

Ah and there is the Japanese version of Cinderella wich will be a interesting watch. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The only sequels i actually know are Takagi-san and String boobs SAO, i think both will keep the quality of the first season so if you liked one you probably like the sequel.

All in all a very mixed bag of a Season.

Jun 16, 8:03 PM

First MAL should solve that mystery about those Spring anime having a 2nd cour or not :ree: (Furuba? Magmell? Joshi-baka-san? Mix?) - Of course the only worth ones are Furuba and Mix :ahoho:
About CONFIRMED second cours, I'll keep on watching Yaiba and C&T :3 - I just hope they keep on the good way ^.^

.I'm one of those non-disappointed people for Takagi-san, so I'll keep on watching these cute lovey-dovey kiddos (I need High Score Girl S2... why did it come to my mind jsut now?)

.I'll also watch Okaasan online (xD nice name) and Uchi no Ko... even though I'm a little bit tired of isekais... hope to see something good >.< - Other "isekais" (or at least I think they are) which are on my PTW: Isekai Cheat Magician (yeah - pretty sure it is one xD), Nakanohito Genome, Maou-sama, Retry!

.I'm sure Vinland Saga is going to give me the history dose I need (and been needing for so long) - 'cause you know I'm a historical-fag :P - Also, it is a candidate for AOTS - YES, I SIGN IT - Also, Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga will give us some history (and bois?)

.OOOFFFF This season has some interesting stuff for girls here: Try Knights, Given, Ensemble Stars! YAY!

.I'm also a fantasy fan, so having Bem and Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e makes me happy :3 But umm... what should I expect from Granbelm? Why do I see Klaxosaurs there? Darling in the FranXX 2019? O.o

.I'm also happy for the upcoming ACTION SHOUNEN! YEAH!: Dr. Stone (big expectations on this one!), Enen no Shouboutai, Kanata no Astra (Summer's RobiHachi? I hope so!), Cop Craft

.At last, you just never know what to expect from comedies... I just hope they make me laugh, at least -.- : Sounan Desu ka?, Joshikousei no Mudazukai, Machikado Mazoku

Jun 16, 8:16 PM

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II - Well some people are dreading this, for me I'm slightly looking forward to it. I watched both of the first seasons. The plot wasn't anything to die for, the characters weren't anything special. But I did like the world and that is what encourages me to continue.

Dr. Stone - This seems the show everyone is all hyped for. I'm more in the mindset of I might as well check it out. But it is close to borderline to me. The characters seem a bit smugish.

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - It is a standard Isekai plot and a harem. So the first thing I must do is do I care for the girl's character designs. I guess they pass but nothing too amazing. Does the main character look cool, he actually does. I don't really have a reason to not check it out.

Vinland Saga - Well this is the battling hype train against Dr Stone. I do like Vikings and the art style seems fine. It actually reminds me a bit of Arslan Senki. I really do hope this goes well.

Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru? - Now I do like fit gurls so on that alone I'm willing it give this a chance. BUT I did see a few facial expressions that I wasn't too fond of in the PV. Hopefully those are too prevalent.

Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka? - We all know there is so many Isekai's this season and being that if this was just a normal plot than I would most likely put it on the borderline but being that his mom is also going into the game. That alone makes me want to check it out XD. It is a different dynamic.

Maou-sama, Retry! - This on the other hand is a normal plot for Isekai and even though the character isn't exactly some really young character. That isn't enough for me to lock it in. If some people think it is actually good. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Tejina-senpai - Looks like were having a show about Hotaru Shidare's cousin and she is into magic instead of snacks. I mean it could be funny, which is why I'll put it into consideration. It'll just depend on what day it is airing.

Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e - This reminds me of Fairy Gone's plot but instead of having a beast that you summon, your actually the beast. It really comes down to if I want to watch both of them. Fairy Gone is going to get another season as well.

Sounan Desu ka? - My first thought was this was going to be cute girls doing cute things stuck on an Island. Then I saw bugs, and blood, and maybe some Yuri Bait. I don't know, this could be funny like Tejina-senpai but I'm not willing to lock it in[/b][/color]

Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga - Whelp I saw Nobunaga and it is DEEN. So if it is good or bad. Doesn't matter. It is a lock-in.

So I'll have 7 shows that I know I'm watching next season and 4 could be joining them as well. So I could be in double digits next season. But once again right at the edge of it.

Jun 16, 9:06 PM

My list so far:

DanMachi - I watched the first ones so I'll watch this one - not expecting much hoping to be pleasantly suprised

Dr Stone - I could love or hate this. Honestly could go either way. Not a huge fan of the animation style I've seen in the PVs but hey I'll give it a go

Arifureta - Not a fan of harem. Like really not a fan. But I've read a fair few volumes of the manga so I'm obliged to check it out.

Vinland Saga - VIKIIIIIIIIIIINGS. Hell yes! Can't wait. But could fall flat.

Bem - Youkai? Uhm yes please. Fantasy is my preferred genre so will defo be checking this out.

Tsuujou Kougeki ga Zentai Kougeki de Ni-kai Kougeki no Okaasan wa Suki Desu ka? - Kinda biased at isekais right now but his mom comes along? Let's try this out for size.

Enen no Shoubuoutai - this is an outlier for me - shounen, action and sci-fi are three of my top genres so I'm willing to give it a try. The PV looks kinda interesting.

Takagi-san S2 - Cutesey easy to watch show - yup

Try Knights - This is my sports anime for the season and I really enjoy rugby so we'll see how this pans out

Quanzhi Gaoshou - S2 of one of the better Chinese anime out there at the moment - can't wait to see how things from the OVA and S1 play out.

Nakanohito Genome [Jikkyouchuu] - I've heard and know nothing about this but the PV interests me so why not.

My carry overs - Yaiba, Fruits Basket and Fairy Gone

And the one I'm most excited for MO DAO ZHU SHI :ahegao: This is my potential AOTY if it lives up to S1! I demand that everyone watch this :triggered: WATCH IT.

WATCH IT NOW!!!!!!
Modified by RisaK, Jun 16, 9:09 PM