Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2019 2:01 AM

Aug 2015
I love Kawhi's decision. PG to the Clippers was shocking.

OKC got a great haul. SGA is a future stud, and they also got four unprotected first-round picks, one protected first-round pick and two pick swaps, Holy Hinkie! But I guess that's their only choice to get Kawhi. That for PG is an overpay but that for PG and Kawhi is probably worth. Westbrook the next one to get traded?

Fuck Chris Carter and Broussard. Fox should fire these whores.

NBA's new season is gonna be dope. I'm so excited. My Sixers will be in the 2020 Finals, remember where you heard it first!
Jul 6, 2019 2:23 AM

May 2018
Wow, what a bombshell.
Good for Kawhi, he gets to avoid the cancer that is the Lakers' org, gets to stay in LA, and teams up with the second best two-way player in the league right now.

Clips-Lakers will be monumental next season.
Jul 6, 2019 3:25 AM

Aug 2018
Kawhi is bitch made. I hope he doesn't regret his decision when the West runs through us next season 🤷

Clippers ain't even going to be the best team in LA. #LakersNation
Jul 6, 2019 3:40 AM

Jan 2016
god damn. Kawhi pushed PG to request a trade. LA vs LA in the conference finals? What's the best east team rn?
Jul 6, 2019 8:38 AM

Jun 2008
The Clippers????????!?????

Man, I’m sorry, I just don’t fucking get it!

The Lakers with all their prestige are right there, like it or hate it, they are the Yankees of Basketball...and you join the Clippers?!?

If the Lakers are the Yankees of Basketball, the Clippers are the Mets of Basketball...the forgotten little brother who no one really wants.

Again...I don’t get it.

BUT....it’s HIS decision, and good for him, also GOOD for the NBA that we’re not getting another overly stacked super team with Lebron.

The West is INSANE rn!

As for the East, I have no idea, it’s a crapshoot.
Jul 6, 2019 11:14 PM

Jan 2009
California will be a bloodbath in the playoffs lol and also businesses will be booming more
Jul 7, 2019 1:19 PM

Jul 2015
I wanted KaWHINE. I mean Kawhi, to end up on the Clippers instead of the Lakers, the NBA doesn't need another super team. Anthony Davis might just get stuck on another mediocre team in a few years, serves him right too, he could have teamed up with Zion for years perhaps.
I would rank the Clippers, too, as the best Western Conference team right now, maybe the Lakers next,
although I wouldn't count on it, then the Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Nuggets and Trailblazers for the 3-7 seeds. I wouldn't count out the Spurs & Warriors yet, mainly because of the coaches.
Another thing about Leonard, his Quadriceps issues, that may or may not resurface in the future. He might just decide to take another year off again if it does.
Jul 8, 2019 6:18 PM

Jun 2008
Sooooooooo.....Westbrook is all of a sudden in the market!!!

Obviously, now that PG is gone, OKC has ZERO shot at competing in the West, and Westbrook wants OUT!

But that can only happen with a trade...and what’s this...there’s a team he’s interested in??

Miami huh?

Ohhhhh SHIIIIITTT son!

IF Riley can pull this off....IF somehow he pulls this off...man, I mean, it’ll be amazing!🤩🤩🤩

Here I am as a life long Heat fan, my boy D-Wade retires, I was at that final home game, crying like a little girl...”this is the end of an era” I said...gone is our franchise player, gone is our notoriety in the basketball world.

And then...the off-season happens...goddammit.....PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

Let me be the first to say it...IF the Heat get Westbrook....The Heat are Contenders!

No doubt about it...Kawahi is gone, and the East is ripe for the picking...by ANYONE!

Let’s go Heat!!!
Jul 8, 2019 6:36 PM

Jan 2009
Westbrook is gonna become Eastbrook it seems huh lol and he will likely join Jimmy Butler in Miami
Jul 8, 2019 10:47 PM
Jul 2018
The North is gonna miss you Boardman.

Thanks for the chip
Jul 8, 2019 10:59 PM

Sep 2014
westbrook should join teh rockets for the lulz.
Jul 8, 2019 11:16 PM
Feb 2014
AnimeFreak-San said:

YES! Glorious chaos! Let the NBA burn! We're almost at peak accelerationialism!
Jul 9, 2019 7:07 PM

May 2018
Cygames said:
Kawhi is bitch made. I hope he doesn't regret his decision when the West runs through us next season 🤷

Clippers ain't even going to be the best team in LA. #LakersNation

Will you make the playoffs this time? I was under the impression that Lebron had activated his playoff mode.
Jul 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Jun 2008
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!

The West is an absolute Jaugernaut!

I PRAY the Heat made the right decision.

Apparently, talks broke down because the Thunder wanted Winslow, Bam, + Draft picks....and the Heat thought that was too much.

Only time will tell if they played their cards right.
Jul 11, 2019 7:21 PM

Aug 2015
The Oklahoma City Thunder have agreed to trade Russell Westbrook to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul, first-round picks in 2024 and 2026, pick swaps in 2021 and 2025, league sources tell ESPN.

Houston were able to get rid of CP3's albatross contract, and OKC get a lot of picks for a soon to be albatross contract. Not bad but Houston better have protection in those picks. I don't think Russ and Harden fit well together but that D'Antoni system is a pretty good fit for Russ. Up-tempo style and having shooters around him is gonna be nice for him.

Read OKC wanted two of Bam/Winslow/Herro and Riley refused. I don't blame him. Butler is an inferior version of George, and that Miami team is an inferior version of OKC. Plus they're already over the cap. They're not winning much with that. Waiting for 2021 FA would give them a much better chance of winning a ship. Just better hope a 32 yr. old Butler hasn't broken down.

Making the Western Conference Finals is gonna be so tough with the Clippers, Rockets, Jazz, Lakers, Warriors, Blazers, and Nuggets all looking pretty good.
Jul 11, 2019 8:54 PM

Jan 2009
the reunion of Westbrook and Harden

and atleast Westbrook will not become Eastbrook

AnimeFreak-San said:

this post become a prophecy lol
degJul 11, 2019 11:54 PM
Jul 12, 2019 7:46 PM

Jan 2009
oh shit Boogie manage to lose a lot of weight very good to reduce pressure on his knees https://twitter.com/boogiecousins/status/1149807288045064192

Jul 13, 2019 12:00 AM
Feb 2014
Give me my Sonics back. I want my Sonics back.
Jul 14, 2019 12:58 PM

Jul 2015
Rui Hachimura looks good at those summer league games, also they should make an anime series influenced by him...they can call it To Love Rui.
Jul 14, 2019 7:44 PM

Aug 2016
Surprised Kawhi decided to join that choker Playoff P instead of forming the dynasty. Oh well I am impressed with how the Pelinka rebounded. We will be favorites come playoffs time. Though I expect Utah to hold the #1 seed in the west.

On another note. I have no idea why Miami is pushing for trades that would only make them the 5th best team in the east (4th arguably) Houston just did one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen. Giving up picks that will be valuable down the road to "shake things up". Houston is not better than LAC, LAL, UTA, POR, or DEN.

GS will not make the playoffs. Calling it now. Sacramento Kings will though.
Jul 24, 2019 1:57 PM

Jan 2009
they do not have that much of a height difference here and their shoe sizes/height is not that different too
the NBA really got some shitty measurements huh (6'7" vs 6'9") https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1154121768249913344

Jul 25, 2019 12:18 AM

Oct 2018
Clips better than the Lakers tbh
youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
73 6f 6d 65 74 68 69 6e 67 73 20 6f 64 64 20 61 62 6f 75 74 20 6d 79 20 70 72 6f 66 69 6c 65 0d 0a
Aug 15, 2019 10:06 AM

Sep 2013
Boogie torn acl.... fuck
sic mundus
Aug 15, 2019 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
Boogie can't catch a break, poor guy
Aug 15, 2019 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
yikes time for Boogie to retire i guess the dude is more unlucky than DRose at this point when it comes to injuries
Aug 23, 2019 5:52 PM

Jun 2015
Dwight Howard is playing for the Lakers. Again.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27448534/howard-join-lakers-buyout-agreed?platform=amp#click=https://t.co/7x6ZGYTstG

These guys fire-bombed their entire roster and rambled for months about championship aspirations... and the end result is Dwight Howard??
Aug 23, 2019 5:53 PM

Jan 2009
well they need a center since i heard they do not have one, Demarcus Cousins is out and i think he is gone for good or he will not become a starter caliber center anymore
Aug 27, 2019 4:34 PM

Jul 2017
I hate to say it but the warriors are still going to the finals in the west.
Aug 27, 2019 4:41 PM

Jan 2009
Clickbait said:

so western confernce finals to be exact right? not necessarily the NBA finals? lol
Aug 30, 2019 3:52 PM

Sep 2013
Clickbait said:
nah it's going to be lakers o clippers reaching the final
sic mundus
Sep 28, 2019 12:23 PM

Sep 2013
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854727-bleacher-reports-all-time-player-rankings-nbas-top-50-revealed

lololololol, the disrespect. curry way to high, hakeem too low and kobe way too low..

there's also a few other spots I disagree with but nothing to freak about.
sic mundus
Sep 30, 2019 1:04 AM
Feb 2014
Rastafa21 said:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854727-bleacher-reports-all-time-player-rankings-nbas-top-50-revealed

lololololol, the disrespect. curry way to high, hakeem too low and kobe way too low..

there's also a few other spots I disagree with but nothing to freak about.

Ray Allen too low and Gary Payton unranked. Russell Westbrook has no business on this list either.
Oct 2, 2019 5:38 AM

Aug 2015

Best starting 5 in the NBA or best starting 5 in the NBA? Big ball basketball is back!
Oct 7, 2019 12:30 PM

Aug 2016
Might as well just hand the trophy to the Lakers now and skip the unnecessary stuff in between tbh.

It's over. LAL 2020 champions.

Book it.
Oct 7, 2019 10:21 PM

Jan 2019
JFuji said:
Might as well just hand the trophy to the Lakers now and skip the unnecessary stuff in between tbh.

Book it.

Not even the best team in LA.
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become irrelevant.
Oct 7, 2019 10:22 PM

Jan 2019
Anyone else looking forward to the Rockets season, or is it just me?
Oct 8, 2019 2:18 AM

Aug 2015
Tadito said:
JFuji said:

Book it.

He probably thinks Kawhi signed with the Lakers lol

Tadito said:
Holy shit, that Morey/China story is crazy. And now China's suspending all NBA broadcast cause Adam Silver said he supports Morey's freedom of speech. Shit is crazy. One tweet might've cost the NBA $1.5 billion or more.
Oct 8, 2019 3:12 AM

Jan 2019
Tadito said:
Holy shit, that Morey/China story is crazy. And now China's suspending all NBA broadcast cause Adam Silver said he supports Morey's freedom of speech. Shit is crazy. One tweet might've cost the NBA $1.5 billion or more.[/quote]

Morey's gonna get sacked and replaced with someone awful. New manager, along with having Rus and Harden on the same team... I think it's entirely possible they don't make the playoffs. And if they do, it's hard to see them getting past the first round.
Oct 8, 2019 3:37 AM

Aug 2015
Tadito said:
Morey's gonna get sacked and replaced with someone awful. New manager, along with having Rus and Harden on the same team... I think it's entirely possible they don't make the playoffs. And if they do, it's hard to see them getting past the first round.
Firing Morey would piss a lot of people in the US, they're not going to risk also that. Maybe he'll resign. Only way the Rockets miss the playoffs is if both Harden and Russ get injured. They did well last year with a 105 year old Chris Paul, getting Russ is an upgrade. If they meet LA or Utah in the first round then maybe.
Oct 8, 2019 3:42 AM

Jan 2019
Squirtroll said:
Tadito said:
Firing Morey would piss a lot of people in the US, they're not going to risk also that. Maybe he'll resign. Only way the Rockets miss the playoffs is if both Harden and Russ get injured. They did well last year with a 105 year old Chris Paul, getting Russ is an upgrade. If they meet LA or Utah in the first round then maybe.

Hmm, yeah, resigning is a more realistic option. Still, I highly doubt he's staying.

Russ is a better player, I agree. But him on the rockets isn't going to work, not with Harden around. Although he seems to be getting along well with Harden, I just can't see the Harden-Westbrook duo working out. Two ball-dominant guards is a recipe for disaster.
Oct 8, 2019 11:24 AM

Aug 2016
Tadito said:
JFuji said:

Book it.

Who on the Clippers is going to stop AD? What's that? They don't have anyone? Thanks for playing.

Squirtroll said:
Tadito said:

He probably thinks Kawhi signed with the Lakers lol

JFujiOct 8, 2019 11:39 AM
Oct 8, 2019 9:55 PM

Jan 2019
JFuji said:
Tadito said:

Who on the Clippers is going to stop AD? What's that? They don't have anyone? Thanks for playing.

... You do know who he's playing with, right?

I won't deny that the Lakers are an extremely strong team. The LeBron-AD duo is the best in the league. However, the Lakers lack depth and overall quality, and a serious injury to either LeBron or AD would ruin their season. (LeBron is a freak athlete, but he's 35. 35).
Oct 8, 2019 10:02 PM

Jan 2009
just saw some highlights a while ago

Zion is fucking cool and i like that hang time Michael Jordan layup he did in his first game (pre-season)
i just wish Zion would lose some more weight like 10 lbs is good enough but 20 lbs will be great for his knees to not breakdown with 80 games in the NBA and more ball possessions in the NBA too unlike in college basketball

meanwhile Ben Simmons is shooting 3s now too lol (only 1 so far that is) and if he makes that consistently then wow he will become legendary too
Oct 9, 2019 10:52 AM

Aug 2016
Tbh.. I honestly feel bad for the rest of the NBA. Legit nothing you can do against the Lakers.. They will lock you down with 3 elite (4 playoff mode Lebron) defenders.. Going to need double teams for AD and Lebron and even when you do we got ELITE 3 and D players in Bradley,Green, KCP etc

If a person understands matchups.. the only team that is a threat to the Lakers is the Jazz... Nuggets and Flippers aren't a threat. Especially the Flippers that think George Paul.. a guy who has choked in every playoff series in recent memory and was punked by Joe Ingles will take a team anywhere..

I mean you look at the Sixers and they will continue to be second round fodder... When Embiid meets a big body he is rendered useless.. (Ex: Brook Lopez, Marc Gasol, Al Horford). Sixers couldn't win with 4 all-stars and think old man Al is going to make a difference...?

Bucks vs. Lakers finals 2020...

Book it.
Oct 9, 2019 8:38 PM

Jan 2009
never watch College Basketball but damn Zion is a very good passer wow i see why some people call him Lebron too lol

that dunk in the end is fucking great

Oct 12, 2019 10:39 AM

Aug 2015
JFuji said:
Tbh.. I honestly feel bad for the rest of the NBA. Legit nothing you can do against the Lakers.. They will lock you down with 3 elite (4 playoff mode Lebron) defenders.. Going to need double teams for AD and Lebron and even when you do we got ELITE 3 and D players in Bradley,Green, KCP etc

If a person understands matchups.. the only team that is a threat to the Lakers is the Jazz... Nuggets and Flippers aren't a threat. Especially the Flippers that think George Paul.. a guy who has choked in every playoff series in recent memory and was punked by Joe Ingles will take a team anywhere..

I mean you look at the Sixers and they will continue to be second round fodder... When Embiid meets a big body he is rendered useless.. (Ex: Brook Lopez, Marc Gasol, Al Horford). Sixers couldn't win with 4 all-stars and think old man Al is going to make a difference...?

Book it.

You mean ELITE 3 and D like Bradley who hasn't been good since he left the Celtics and is 2/11 from 3 in the preseason, or ELITE 3 and D like Green who played poorly and shot 32% from 3 in last year's playoffs, and is 5/17 from 3 in the preseason, or ELITE 3 and D like KCP who many Lakers fans think is bad and is a career 34% 3pt shooter, and is 4/14 from 3 in the preseason? Really gotta spell the elite in all caps 🙂 Lebron's actually older than old man Al.

PG had an MVP type season last year and averaged 28.4 pts in the playoffs. He actually averaged 24.7 in that Utah series. PG had a really bad game 6 in that series. That's also the game where Westbrook took 43 shots. Good thing Kawhi is clutch, and even if PG is not scoring, he plays elite defense. He's a real ELITE 3 and D. Don't count out the Rockets.

Embiid has had problems with strong intelligent defenders. Guys like Al and Gasol. But he still averaged 23 and 14 and was +17 in the Celtics series. Was +72 in the Raptors series. If you actually watched the game, you'd know he was never useless in those series because of his defense. There's a reason he finished second in DPOY voting last year. Even if his offense is not clicking, he can still impact the game because he's also elite defensively. His average in games against Brook Lopez is 32 pts, 12 rebs, 6 asts, 1 stl, and 3 blks.

Lakers fans 👍👍
Oct 17, 2019 10:36 PM

Aug 2016
All season long. Nothing you can do.
Oct 17, 2019 11:05 PM

Aug 2016
Squirtroll said:
JFuji said:

Book it.

-snip-

Strange how you look at certain stats and ignore others... Why don't you posts Embiid's numbers against Marc Gasol and Al Horford..? Why was it that the Sixers refused to give Embiid any looks in the paint down the stretch versus the Raptors..? The commentators were even wondering what was going on with him. Did you watch the series..? 🤡Old ass Marc Gasol owned and had him crying on his shoulder afterwards.. Or maybe he isn't that bad and Drake just got in his head...? Either way he was exposed. He got exposed so hard that Elton Brand had to beg Horford to come join the Sixers and stop bending Embiid over his knee in every meeting. It's gonna be a rough post season.. for the Sixers.. No more JJ flying off screens and making miracle shots.. Looking like a yikes post season upcoming..

Strange how you didn't post Danny Green's season totals where he averaged nearly 50% on 3's on high volume.. but that isn't elite..? Strange how KCP was on fire after working with a shooting coach after the break.. Even Bradley was shooting great for the Grizz...

Paul George wasn't shit and never has been in the playoffs. More evidence you don't watch the games and are looking at a box score.🤡 You actually bring up that Jazz series where he was getting embarrassed by Joe Ingles. Do you know who Joe Ingles is..? The guy that looks like Toby from The Office..? You mention that Paul George scored 24 ppg but conveniently left out he shot a measly 40% from the field and averaged more turnovers than assists (which he did in the 19' playoffs as well). Paul George is the farthest thing from Elite in the playoffs.. dude hasn't been good in the post season since his Pacer days..

Poor Sixer fans.. so desperate to prop up their failure of a process..

JFujiOct 17, 2019 11:10 PM
Oct 17, 2019 11:19 PM

Aug 2016
Embiid - 18 points on on 37% shooting and a measly 9 rebounds... riding Jimmy Buckets coattails... "far from useless" btw..
Oct 18, 2019 12:11 AM
Feb 2014
Tadito said:

I sure am! They are my new favorite NBA team.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.