Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2019 6:08 PM

Aug 2015
@JFuji
Being a good shot blocker doesn't mean a good defender. Sixers once had Richaun Holmes who was a good shotblocker. He'd miss rotations and box outs cause he'd chase blocks. He was bad on D. Lopez had a 108 drtg when he was in the Lakers. Embiid is averaging 33 and 12 in seven games against Lopez.

We're arguing about Embiid getting rendered useless by Gober/Jokic, not Embiid's iq. You said he got shut down by Gobert in the 4th. Embiid had 9 points in that 4th quarter, that's a fact. You can even verify it if you want. Jokic wasn't the reason he was bad in Denver, you can check every play if you think I'm making that up.

Here's the NBA's L2M report on that offensive foul:

Embiid went from averaging 20.2 pts and 7.8 rebs to 22.9 pts and 11 rebs to 27 pts and 13 rebs. You gotta be a dumbass to think he hasn't gotten better in three years. Stats and eye test proves it. Turnovers and passing out of doubles haven't improved tho, still bad at those. You do know that the Lakers protest last year started on reddit right, and you've got r/Lakers fans saying they should hire Lavar and trade Lebron, and build around Lonzo and BI. I'm guessing you're one of those smart people? Also, you're obsessing over the wrong team lol. They've only played 8 games, 6 of those in the road. Simmons/Embiid have missed some games too. You should worry more about the Lakers. Last year, Lebron couldn't carry the team to the playoffs when Lonzo got injured. Just pray AD stays healthy or they might not make the playoffs again.
Nov 9, 2019 8:53 PM

Aug 2016
Squirtle..

Brook Lopez is a good defender. I gave you stats that came from the end of last season. If his numbers put him in territory with Rudy Gobert (the 2 time defensive player of the year) I would think that would be good. I mean eye test and stats support this. I don't know what else is available..? 2K ratings..? Brook Lopez for years on NBA 2k has had at least an B+ rating in defense. It becomes denial at this point if you won't concede it.

My entire thing with Embiid isn't that certain players have his number. I said specific types of bigs give him problems. They take certain things away from him and he doesn't know what to do. It happened to him in back to back years in the playoffs.

David Griffin pointed this out last year:
“He [Joel Embiid] doesn’t have a go-to move, that’s why he shoots fallaways to the baseline from 17ft and then bitches that he doesn’t get the ball close enough to the basket.”'

So no.. People don't see an improvement. Number wise he has gone up. Prime Dwight (who is better than Embiid btw) was criticized and Charles Barkley pointed out that he didn't even know how to post up. I mean hell, even your fans recognize this. They can see the lack of improvement and the only way to save this team is for Elton Brand to save it by improving the roster..

Ur taking Lavar Ball memes seriously for what..? Did I want Lebron traded last year? Nope. We were committed to the two year plan. Though I never wanted him to sign here in the first place. Leonard and George purposely didn't sign here to avoid playing with him. I definitely would prefer Leonard/George and our core in tact over what we have now. But both are good situations regardless..

I'm not worried about other teams. You came at my team and I told you the reality of your squad. Your team is inherently flawed and the last thing you should be doing is have a go at the #1 team in the league...

Though historically Lebron James teams have struggled in December-January so I know the inevitable is coming.. So I'll bask in it now.. Though regardless it seems we will get a top 3 seed and be fine. Not sure about you guys though. Siakam looking like a stud and the Celtics are growing before our eyes.. I know your eyes lit up the moment Lebron left the east and you thought it was your time... Then daddy Gasol said no.. and now you have to deal with all this. But it's a long season, maybe Marc Gasol will get injured or you can avoid the Raptors.

Nov 10, 2019 2:19 AM

Aug 2015
You can't be serious comparing Lopez defense to Gobert. Lopez doesn't impact the defense like Gobert does, and the Jazz having one of the best defense in the league in consecutive years proves that. Lopez wasn't even in the Top 20 of DPOY voting last year. Giannis is the anchor of that Bucks defense. Lopez is a good rim protector but he's bad defending pnr. There's a reason Bud would make him drop on pnr coverage. Part of being a good defender is also securing possessions, and Lopez is bad at that. Advance stats also agree with me. You can't be serious judging his defense based on a video game. I thought I was joking when I said you're 12 lol.

There's only two of those specific bigs, Al and Marc. Sending doubles is a good strategy tho.

Embiid is like Harden, a big part of his game is trying to draw fouls and getting free throws. But the thing is, refs usually swallow their whistle in the 4th. That's one of the reasons he struggles in the 4th.

Prime Dwight wasn't as good in the post as Embiid. Statistically, Embiid has been the second best post player for three straight years now. Statistically, he's the best post player right now. 8.5 pts and 1.05 ppp in the post is good. 11 pts and 1.21 ppp this year.

I saw a post there that said Embiid plays worse in cities with better quality milkshakes and it's highly upvoted. I guess that's the truth.

It's pretty obvious that the team is flawed, no one's arguing they're not. You can look back at my post and I've said a lack of an elite shot creator is a problem. But as I also said, Bucks are the only threat and the Sixers matches up well against them. Siakam is pretty much a poor man's Giannis. That team also got significantly worse. I think we were watching different games last year. I think the main reason the Raptors won was Kawhi, you think it's Gasol. I think more people would agree with me. Kawhi pretty much turned into Michael Jordan in that series and you didn't notice lol. I wouldn't worry about the best team in the NBA until they upgrade their big men. Kanter and Williams ain't it. Yeah, it's a long season but you're sounding like it's March already. Last year, the best team in the NBA after 8 games was the Orlando Magic, and I kid you not. You probably bet on them making the Finals.
Nov 10, 2019 9:29 AM

Aug 2016
Btw.. Squirtle

Don't blame the refs for the Sixers vs Nuggets game.. Your team had a MASSIVE lead in the 4th quarter and blew it. People also say that a foul could've easily been called on Jokic's game winning shot as well..

Also, almost forgot that OP of this topic is a heat fan. So I thought I'd share a couple of things for him.

https://twitter.com/SPUN/status/1193255090783576064

Btw.. The Heat's record is better than what the team actually is. Their entire offense is having a bunch of no name whiteboys hoist up 3's.. Not sustainable and it showed... How does a team in 2019 get held to 80 points btw..?
Nov 11, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2016
The Lakers season is over.

Frank Vogel seems like another Tom Thibodeau. He is currently playing Davis 35+ minutes a night when he has lingering shoulder soreness. I am awaiting the inevitable injury.

“He’s been fine with the shoulder. Obviously we saw that play. The medical team didn’t feel like he needed to come out,” Vogel said. “I haven’t gotten any update further than that, so we’ll let you know tomorrow.”

Absolute foolishness. We have a lighter schedule coming up. He BETTER relax with this stupid shit.
Nov 11, 2019 10:01 AM

Aug 2015
How much does height have effect in basketball?
Nov 11, 2019 7:07 PM

May 2018
Hopefully, my Nuggets can get a 1 seed this season. I'm just happy to see B-Ball is back in Denver.
Nov 15, 2019 11:42 PM

Aug 2016

10-2

Lakers dealing with the 6TH hardest schedule in the league.. All with a new cast of players in the wild wild west..
JFujiNov 16, 2019 12:10 AM
Nov 17, 2019 6:52 AM

Oct 2015
pg13 and clips torched the hawks so hard
Nov 17, 2019 12:18 PM

May 2018
Kawhi is Lebron's worst nightmare.
Nov 23, 2019 6:59 PM

Aug 2015
Heat got blown out. I expected a much more competitive game than that. Game was over after the 1st quarter.

Match-up of the night:

Nov 24, 2019 4:19 PM

Jan 2009
Luka Doncic is for real the next big superstar of the entire NBA

with the way he is playing right now he is MVP candidate for sure
Nov 25, 2019 10:15 PM

Aug 2016
Disclaimer: Marc Gasol has played terrible this entire season. He's been looking washed up and has been showing his age.

Uh oh... It looks like it happened again. Joel Embiid having 2019 2nd round flashbacks again.. But I suppose this is what happens when he meets a big body that he can't bully. A man that ate his meat and potatoes growing up that ain't gonna let Embiid have his way.. Marc Gasol ate this man's lunch.. proceeded to smack Embiid's girl on the ass and Embiid did nothing about it. @Squirtroll was shown the reality...

Did any of you guys check out the 76ers vs Raptors game..? It seems Joel Embiid was once again locked up by Marc Gasol. Joel Embiid stat line: 0 points, 11 rebounds, 4 turnovers, on 0-11 shooting. He was forced to jack up 3's the entire night or get abused in the paint. Even with Embiid playing like absolute garbage it was still a close game with 2 minutes left. (Embiid has been playing with stacked rosters and losing for a while now) Nothing new here as well.

Do you guys know what Embiid did..? He turned the ball over. Proceeded to brick a 3. The very next play he did the only dribble move he has in his arsenal and did a spin move that OG sniffed out causing Embiid to commit a charge. Embiid then proceeded to let Spicy P score an and 1 layup on him.

Another amusing tidbit from tonight was the Bucks vs Jazz game. Where Brook Lopez (a guy that Squirtroll swears up and down can't defend) made the game winning block tonight on Mitchell. Yikes it must feel bad to be this wrong.

Elton Brand probably sat back in his chair and sighed. He knows he is gonna have to call up Toronto and try to get them to trade Marc Gasol to the Sixers so Embiid doesn't have to deal with him in the playoffs. Just like they did with Al Horford.

TL;DR

Nov 26, 2019 7:49 PM

Aug 2015
@JFuji since you tagged me again

This loss was on Embiid, you're right. Your read on the game was dumb as usual tho . Did you only watch the last two minutes? It wasn't just Gasol who shut down Embiid. He got a lot of help. Raptors actually played great team defense, sent instant double everytime Embiid got the ball near the paint. Their guys were always ready to collapse and they're also quick to recover. If you've watched the Lakers-Raptors game, you'd know the Raptors play great team defense. You think it was just one man who held Lebron to just 13 points on 5/15 shooting? Before that, they held Kawhi to 12 points on 2/11 shooting. You also think that's because of one man? Gasol alone is a tough matchup for Embiid and if you add to that the Raptors elite team defense, that's a disaster for Embiid. Didn't help that Embiid was more concerned about his feelings than getting a W. He wanted to score so bad that he took a lot of bad shots in the 2nd half. If Embiid just acted like he's older than you, the Sixers would've gotten the W.

You're seriously blaming all of the Sixers losses on Embiid lol. I can feel the hate on this one so I'm not even gonna argue that.

OG didn't do anything special in that play lol, his man was just Ben Simmons so he ignored him. That's a pretty common thing for players guarding Ben. You think they're concerned about him shooting if they left him open. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realize he's not much of a threat. That makes defending Embiid easier.

I'm guessing you only read the headline on that Brook Lopez block so I'll show you the play:

Mitchell pretty much gift wrapped and served that one on a silver platter for Lopez. Just look at the start of that play:

Also watch where Mitchell took off, that made the block a lot easier. Lopez didn't do anything special, Mitchell just made a dumb play. Jeff Green was shooting 60% from 3 in that game and Lopez left him the whole time. If Mitchell did the correct play, the Jazz would've probably won that game and made Lopez looked dumb. Also, I'm pretty sure if I was 11 inches taller, I'd also block that shot. Heck, if you're as tall as Lopez, you'd also probably block that shot and I doubt you even play basketball lol. Bud's scheme makes Lopez look better on D. You compared Lopez's defense to guys like Gobert, Gasol and Horford. Two of those won DPOY and all were All Defense team. You also think guys like Biyombo are great defensive players just because they can block shot? Just to end this, why don't you ask reddit NBA if Lopez even belong in the same sentence as Gobert/Gasol/Horford. I dare you.

If Embiid has someone who can playmake in the halfcourt/shoot/space the floor/run pick and roll/drive and kick/score, he'd have an easier time and have more success. Imagine him with someone like Dame or even Trae. There's a lot I can think of who'd fit much better with him. You pray that I become the Sixers GM so I could show you. Also, I promise to give you some signed Embiid championship gear so start praying now.
Nov 26, 2019 7:55 PM

May 2018
Jeez.

Embiid dropping zero against Toronto is a new low for him.

Gasol is giving him PTSD at age 40.

@JFuji Also, I am curious how you ended up a Steelers and Lakers fan... Seems a bit fishy to me...
Nov 26, 2019 8:02 PM

Aug 2015
Nightcrawler007 said:
Jeez.

@JFuji Also, I am curious how you ended up a Steelers and Lakers fan... Seems a bit fishy to me...

He learned how to open a TV in 2009. Saw the Steelers and Lakers celebrating their championship that year so he chose them lol.

Edit: Just checked his profile and holy fuck lol. Chelsea won the FA Cup in 2009. LA Galaxy was in the 2009 MLS Cup Final. I thought I was joking when I said he learned how to open a TV in 2009. OMFG LOL!
SquirtrollNov 26, 2019 8:22 PM
Nov 27, 2019 12:42 AM

Aug 2016
Nightcrawler007 said:
Jeez.

Well the Lakers.. I went to many games growing up and Kobe just took over the culture over here in Cali. If you were throwing something in a bin you would be yelling "Kobe" everytime. Same thing with the Anaheim Angels, I just went to a lot of games growing up and stick with them.

Steelers/Chelsea is a bit different. Troy Polamalu was my favorite player.. so after a while I just stuck with the team. Same with Frank Lampard/David Luiz and Chelsea.

Oh and to answer Squirtroll. Brook Lopez is not as good as Rudy Gobert and his 7'10 wingspan. I've just said he's a very good defender. I'm not saying he is all-defense but he does a good job protecting the rim. It's been pretty consistent. He played good defense for the Nets and Lakers..

And I agree. Joel Embiid has not been set up for success. The people you lost this offseason have not been adequately replaced. Your coach appears to be on the hot seat for the type of schemes he's been running. Overall, all of these hamper his ability to an extent.. REGARDLESS.. I wanted to make some fun of his 0 point game from him. It's just too funny. But yeah.. Marc Gasol will fight you on every possession for position in the paint and bangs down low like no one else. It's rough on him. But I guess after seeing this the East isn't so free anymore. I mean Giannis just dropped 50 and has the #1 seed.
Nov 27, 2019 2:14 AM

Jul 2017
just a celtics fan passing through

celtics vs lakers 2020 i'm calling it for the sake of nba narrative lmao
Nov 29, 2019 11:44 AM

Aug 2016
Squirtroll said:
Nightcrawler007 said:
Jeez.

He learned how to open a TV in 2009. Saw the Steelers and Lakers celebrating their championship that year so he chose them lol.

Edit: Just checked his profile and holy fuck lol. Chelsea won the FA Cup in 2009. LA Galaxy was in the 2009 MLS Cup Final. I thought I was joking when I said he learned how to open a TV in 2009. OMFG LOL!

It's funny how this is your go-to everytime your team is clowned on. If I really was a bandwagon sports fan I would've hopped on the Dodgers/Rams/Manchester City.

Btw.. You know that nobody gives a shit about the FA cup.. right?

Squirtle it's okay.. I know you are in pain right now... Your team went through a "process" and ended up building around 2 guys that are liabilities late in games.. Your team gave away fultz for a box of animal crackers and now are forced to play Ben in a position he has no clue how to play.
Dec 4, 2019 11:02 AM

May 2018
As much as I hate to admit it, LA Lakers look really solid right about now.

AD ate my guy Jokic's lunch. Jokic just seemed completely overwhelmed against him. But, I think Denver will (hopefully) continue to improve.
Dec 4, 2019 11:13 AM

Feb 2018
JFuji said:
Squirtroll said:

It's funny how this is your go-to everytime your team is clowned on. If I really was a bandwagon sports fan I would've hopped on the Dodgers/Rams/Manchester City.

Squirtle it's okay.. I know you are in pain right now... Your team went through a "process" and ended up building around 2 guys that are liabilities late in games.. Your team gave away fultz for a box of animal crackers and now are forced to play Ben in a position he has no clue how to play.

Nobody gives a shit about the FA cup? lol Ive never heard something like that most people dont care about the efl cup but the fa cup just like every other domestic cup competition is an important trophy that every team would like to win especially if you are a chelsea fan since your chances of winning other trophies arent exactly high rn

OT: That spurs rockets game was insane, harden with the worst 50 points peformance Ive ever seen in my life and rockets with the huge choke. Also lonnie carried the spurs hard in the 4th

Dec 4, 2019 7:10 PM

Aug 2016
st0rmyy said:
JFuji said:

Nobody gives a shit about the FA cup? lol Ive never heard something like that most people dont care about the efl cup but the fa cup just like every other domestic cup competition is an important trophy that every team would like to win especially if you are a chelsea fan since your chances of winning other trophies arent exactly high rn

They don't. It's often referred to as the "mickey mouse cup". Along with the league cup/community shield Teams usually don't even field starters for majority of the rounds. Only teams that take it serious are tinpot clubs stuck in the mid table like Arsenal. It's a nice little thing to have. If it works out then that's cool. If you bow out to a smaller club then the big teams don't really care.
JFujiDec 4, 2019 7:15 PM
Dec 4, 2019 7:31 PM

Feb 2018
JFuji said:
st0rmyy said:

They don't. It's often referred to as the "mickey mouse cup". Along with the league cup/community shield Teams usually don't even field starters for majority of the rounds. Only teams that take it serious are tinpot clubs stuck in the mid table like Arsenal. It's a nice little thing to have. If it works out then that's cool. If you bow out to a smaller club then the big teams don't really care.

The efl cup is the mickey mouse cup correct but you are tripping if you think the same about the fa cup, literally nobody calls it that because domestic cups are important in every country. Ofc teams wont play all starters against weaker sites but they will against stronger teams and if they are deeper in the tournament.
Also chelsea won it the 3rd most times so are you a tinpot club stuck in midtable aswell?
Dec 7, 2019 1:03 AM

Aug 2016
st0rmyy said:
JFuji said:

The efl cup is the mickey mouse cup correct but you are tripping if you think the same about the fa cup, literally nobody calls it that because domestic cups are important in every country. Ofc teams wont play all starters against weaker sites but they will against stronger teams and if they are deeper in the tournament.
Also chelsea won it the 3rd most times so are you a tinpot club stuck in midtable aswell?

Nope. I told you that if a team happens to win it on the side then that's cool. It's not a goal going into the season. The point I was trying to make is that the FA cup isn't shit. And I certainly wouldn't support a team based on a team winning that cup which was implied by another poster.

Jurgen Klopp within his rights to rest key players in FA Cup - the sad truth is it's a competition that has lost its lustre

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/08/jurgen-klopp-within-rights-rest-key-players-fa-cup-sad-truth/

Despite this, the FA Cup’s detractors still point to the fact that many clubs treat the competition with a lack of respect, playing reserve or youth team players until they reach the latter stages of the tournament, at which point full strength teams are picked. Long gone are the days when elite clubs would pick their strongest teams in the early rounds of the competition. While Arsenal fielded a strong (albeit not first-choice) eleven against Sutton, Southampton were eliminated in the previous round after playing a first eleven lacking any recognisable first team players. Southampton’s team selection raised a number of eyebrows in the football world. At the time of the Fourth Round fixtures, Southampton were safely ensconced in mid-table safety and had already qualified for the EFL Cup Final. What would be its reason for picking a weakened team?

The reasons for a club making such selection choices may be myriad: the club’s focus may lie on the league, particularly in light of the vast sums payable to Premier League clubs as a result of the recent TV deals; it may wish to rest players ahead of an upcoming European fixture; it may see the FA Cup as an opportunity to blood talented but inexperienced youngsters; and it may wish to give experienced reserve players an opportunity to play ninety minutes. In some cases, the rationale may be a combination of the above factors.

https://www.sports.legal/2017/02/the-romance-of-the-fa-cup-are-managers-required-by-regulation-to-pick-full-strength-sides/
Let’s start with a concession: plenty of Premier League managers care little for the FA Cup – they have made that clear. Those who are competing for higher-profile trophies see it as a distraction and potential cause of fatigue, so they rest players in early rounds.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/who-still-cares-about-fa-cup-well-tell-you

JFujiDec 7, 2019 1:06 AM
Dec 7, 2019 1:09 AM

Aug 2016
In other news...

Lakers are 20-3. Had to deal with the toughest back to back in the league. Denver followed by Utah on the road. Smoked the shit out of both of them. Had ANOTHER road game tonight and blew them out as well.

Dec 7, 2019 9:33 PM

Jan 2009
Lakers if healthy got a high chance to be champs this year
Dec 8, 2019 6:07 PM

Aug 2015
Sixers were blowing out the Raptors for the first 3 periods and then gave up 12 turnovers in the 4th and almost blew it. Game shouldn't have been that close but still a nice win in the second night of a b2b. 12-0 at home now, and they've beaten the Celtics, Heat and Raptors. Can't wait for the Xmas game against the Bucks. Also, Gasol got held to 0 points for the first time this season but who cares.
Dec 14, 2019 9:42 AM

Aug 2016
Anyone seen the OP of this thread..? Or does he only post about Donald Trump now..?

Just got done smacking around his team. Former 2nd seed of the East. Keep in mind that the refs were desperate to keep the Heat in the game last night. Calling bs fouls and goaltending all night long.

But like I said in the first meeting when the Lakers dumped on them... if the whiteboys on the Heat aren't getting lucky when they jack up 3's all game.. they lose. They were bullied inside all game long by AD/Dwight/Mcgee.. AD looked like a man among boys just grabbing rebounds with 1 hand. Imagine trying to play inside with some midget like Bam against the Lakers frontcourt. Same shit will happen to the Clippers.

All too easy.

Dec 16, 2019 10:25 AM

May 2018
@JFuji

Weren't you a no-show last season when LA was taking an ass-whooping? I'm surprised at the amount you've been frontrunning this season.

Oh, and the fact that you ended up a Pittsburgh and a LA fan is still mind-boggling to me. Never seen a "loyal" fan who ends up having a hard on for an East Coast and a West Coast team in different sports...
Dec 19, 2019 11:23 AM

Aug 2018
I am pretty hyped for the Bucks vs Lakers match. I fear the Lakers might get exposed :/
Dec 19, 2019 11:52 AM

Feb 2018
NoVeritas said:
I am pretty hyped for the Bucks vs Lakers match. I fear the Lakers might get exposed :/

Would be even more hyped if both teams didnt lose their last game since it wouldve been bucks 18 win streak against lakers 12 win away streak

Will still be a cracking game but if AD is not playing giannis will have a field day
st0rmyyDec 19, 2019 12:14 PM
Dec 19, 2019 12:48 PM

Aug 2018
st0rmyy said:
NoVeritas said:

Would be even more hyped if both teams didnt lose their last game since it wouldve been bucks 18 win streak against lakers 12 win away streak

Will still be a cracking game but if AD is not playing giannis will have a field day

Yeah true that was rather unfortunate. I am still in disbelief that the Mavs beat the Bucks without Dončić. Even crazier though when you consider Giannis dropped 48 when Porzingis didn't have such a bad game by any remark.

Let's hope AD will play. Otherwise I fear it will be as you said.
Dec 19, 2019 1:17 PM

Feb 2018
NoVeritas said:
st0rmyy said:

Yeah true that was rather unfortunate. I am still in disbelief that the Mavs beat the Bucks without Dončić. Even crazier though when you consider Giannis dropped 48 when Porzingis didn't have such a bad game by any remark.

Porzingis hitting b2b deep 3's was clutch af and curry also had a really good game.
They also broke the lakers first winstreak although that was with doncic. This mavericks team could do some damage in the playoffs
Dec 20, 2019 5:13 AM

Aug 2015
Bucks has gotta be the favorite to win the championship right now. They're really looking dominant this regular season. I just wonder if one superstar is enough to win a championship. Can't wait for the Xmas game against the Bucks. I think Brand specifically built the Sixers to stop Giannis. If the Sixers don't look good in that game then Brand has to make some changes.
Dec 20, 2019 6:02 AM

Aug 2018
st0rmyy said:
NoVeritas said:

Porzingis hitting b2b deep 3's was clutch af and curry also had a really good game.
They also broke the lakers first winstreak although that was with doncic. This mavericks team could do some damage in the playoffs

Definetely! It is pretty impressive to see how much they improved the team in just one season already. Postseason already promises some really nice series honestly.

Giannis was absolutely dominant against the Lakers. Also nice performance by Russ against the Clippers. Really excited for the xmas games!
Dec 20, 2019 8:02 AM

Feb 2018
Giannis going 5/8 from 3 is insane also every clippers rockets game is so entertaining Ill take a 7 game series of that
Dec 22, 2019 1:55 AM

Aug 2018
Sixers fans start to get sick of Ben "Regressed offensively from his rookie season" Simmons, you hate to see it!
Dec 22, 2019 4:21 PM

Aug 2018
That Raptors comeback was insane. Being down by 30 and still winning was really fun to watch.
Dec 23, 2019 6:51 PM

Jan 2009
when is Kyrie Irving gonna play again? lol he is physically fit to play but ye his mental health is getting worse maybe

and damn Lebron and Anthony Davis seems to not gonna play against the Clippers this Xmas
Dec 25, 2019 4:34 PM

Jun 2015
Happy Holidays, everyone!

Even without Curry, the Warriors still beat Houston on Christmas Day. At this point, I doubt the Rockets will ever have a shot at winning against them.

Draymond was definitely player of the game. He drained one clutch three after another. Since when did he get his shot back? Also, that 19-2 run the Warriors went on was insane
Dec 25, 2019 5:29 PM

Dec 2017
Kawhi bout to hand LeBron and the lakers their 4th L in a row tonight :D
Dec 25, 2019 8:07 PM

Dec 2017
As expected

Merry Christmas Lakers fans ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CevoyDec 25, 2019 8:10 PM
Dec 25, 2019 8:25 PM

Aug 2015
Bucks got blasted. Giannis shot 8/27 from the field. Looks like Elton Brand knew what he was doing after all. Not a lot of teams have a guy who can guard Giannis 1 on 1, Sixers have two.

JFuji said:
Tbh.. I honestly feel bad for the rest of the NBA. Legit nothing you can do against the Lakers.. They will lock you down with 3 elite (4 playoff mode Lebron) defenders.. Going to need double teams for AD and Lebron and even when you do we got ELITE 3 and D players in Bradley,Green, KCP etc

If a person understands matchups.. the only team that is a threat to the Lakers is the Jazz... Nuggets and Flippers aren't a threat. Especially the Flippers that think George Paul.. a guy who has choked in every playoff series in recent memory and was punked by Joe Ingles will take a team anywhere..

I mean you look at the Sixers and they will continue to be second round fodder... When Embiid meets a big body he is rendered useless.. (Ex: Brook Lopez, Marc Gasol, Al Horford). Sixers couldn't win with 4 all-stars and think old man Al is going to make a difference...?

Bucks vs. Lakers finals 2020...

Book it.
JFuji said:
Tadito said:

Not even the best team in LA.

Who on the Clippers is going to stop AD? What's that? They don't have anyone? Thanks for playing.
Where is my favorite whipping boy? ... Merry Christmas 😆

Dec 27, 2019 9:00 PM

Oct 2009
this cat getting hyped over a regular season win LMAO

giannis gonna drag is dong over the suxers in the playoffs if the suxers even make it that far.

"built to beat giannis" LMAO

delusional clown
Dec 29, 2019 12:38 PM

Aug 2018
That Mavs vs Warriors first half had me incredibly hyped! D'angelo was on fire. Shame about his injury, was honestly pretty scared when he didn't get up.

Also Doncic is simply insane. Will be really exciting to see him against the Lakers tonight. If Doncic keeps his performance up I see them with a slight advantage over the Lakers.
Dec 31, 2019 10:57 PM

Aug 2016
Lebron was absolutely pathetic against the Clippers. He played hurt and got owned. Was forced to just shoot jump shots and walk around all game... Not worried about them in a 7 game series when healthy...

Is it time to hit the panic button for Squirtle's Sixers..? Didn't he claim early in the season that the east was "free" and Sixers were going to run the conference..? Why are they losing to the Magic and getting blown out by the Oladipo-less Pacers..? It's actually insane how JJ and Butler were the most important pieces to the squad and they both left.

Then you have the locker room imploding before our eyes..

"I’m very limited with the things that I can do." Ex-Celtics big man Al Horford doesn't sound pleased with his role in the Sixers' offense

https://twitter.com/NBCSBoston/status/1212074260719644673

"I don't think that there's enough accountability in our locker room right now, honestly. I think that we got some new guys, who don't want to step on toes, including myself. I feel like we kind of go play, and don't compete as much. ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/eibjgp/josh_richardson_on_the_76ers_recent_slump_i_dont/

2nd round exit..?
Jan 1, 2020 1:31 PM

Jan 2009
RIP David Stern

David Stern — the Hall of Fame ex-NBA Commissioner — has died at 77 years old. He oversaw tremendous growth in his 30 years as commissioner, retiring in 2014. Stern had been hospitalized since a brain hemorrhage on Dec. 17. https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1212478932492132354
Jan 4, 2020 5:15 PM

Aug 2015
Squirtroll said:
Now that I have processed what went last night with the Sixers, I give them an A. Running it back would've been the better choice, but the moment Redick chose the money, that was no longer an option for the Sixers. If we both gave Harris and Butler the max, we'd only have the MLE/$9M left to replace Redick. I doubt we could get someone as good as him with only that, and even if we did, we still need to sign a competent back up Center. Trading Butler was the right move. Not only did we get the Heat's best player, we also got the cap space to sign Horford who can play the 4 and 5 position.

Not sure how our offense would look like, but our defense just got a lot better. We're probably the best defensive team in the NBA right now. I think we'd end up first or second in the East in the regular season. Playoffs is going to be difficult since we don't have anyone who can create his own shot at an elite level.
Offense is not looking top tier. The defense has been inconsistent but that's something I'm not worried about. Just like what happened last year, I'm confident they can turn up their defense in the playoffs. I'd still favor us in a 7 game series against anyone in the East. Bucks is 50-50. I'm not sure if I want to trade Horford or not. I think the Sixers need him to beat the Bucks but he's such a bad fit with Embiid.

Sixers are 23-14. They were also 23-14 after 37 games last year and still finished 3rd in the East.
Jan 11, 2020 5:38 AM

Aug 2018
Didn't expect the Mavs/Lakers game to be such a blow out as I was hoping for a great showdown between Doncic and Lebron, but Doncic underperformed a little. Which seems weird to say considering he dropped a 25/10 double double. He is still young though. Was really great to see Lebron in such a state though. If that is what he will deliver in the playoffs I have high hopes for some great battles in the west.
Jan 16, 2020 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
Gonna go to Wade's Jersey retirement in February....should be an AMAZING night!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.