Forum Settings
Forums

Google CEO says regulating tech could have ‘unintended consequences’

New
Jun 14, 2019 1:49 PM
Jan 2013
Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/14/google-ceo-says-regulating-tech-could-have-unintended-consequences.html

So, Google censors content, which makes it a publisher.

But it denies the legal liability of a publisher, claiming to be a public square.

While also denying the responsibility to uphold the 1st amendment of a public square.

Does that cover it, Sundar Pichai?
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 14, 2019 4:00 PM

Nov 2008
Unattended consequences? This is nothing more than desperation from a company that did what their old rule discouraged (Do no evil).

Jun 14, 2019 9:03 PM

Jan 2009
make social media a public utility already so the right wing can all have the freedom of speech/expression they want but at the cost of strict regulation for fake news and such
Jun 15, 2019 12:58 AM

Feb 2010
deg said:
make social media a public utility already so the right wing can all have the freedom of speech/expression they want but at the cost of strict regulation for fake news and such

That would require aknowleging the internet as a public utility good luck with that
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 16, 2019 6:17 AM

Oct 2011
Yes please. It's time to do this. It's time to regulate giant tech companies and the internet.
Jun 19, 2019 8:38 PM

Jul 2014
Go fuck yourself, Google. Same goes for Facebook. They need to be reigned in.
Jun 19, 2019 8:52 PM

Jun 2016
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I won't be able to afford my yacht and country club membership and trips to the Caribbean while my goyim employees live in a trailer park and collect food stamps! Regulating my tech monopoly is like anuddah shoah will have "unintended consequences"!"
Jun 19, 2019 9:02 PM

Apr 2015
I don't trust any major corporations; "unintended consequences" aside, they should be regulated.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 20, 2019 9:23 AM

Jul 2013
Decantralized internet when?
Jun 21, 2019 5:37 PM

Feb 2010
iasuru said:
Yes please. It's time to do this. It's time to regulate giant tech companies and the internet.
not going to happen with ajeti pai around
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 21, 2019 9:16 PM

Jul 2015
69 said:
Decantralized internet when?

I want this. But no doubt will be ruined by governments trying to control nodes within their own respective borders.
People communicating online without the oversight is too spooky for them. They'll use the same old excuses; anti-terrorism, anti-pedo, anti-drug, etc. Anything it takes to infiltrate.

decentralized internet have been attempted for years, but they have so far not gotten much traction
https://freenetproject.org/index.html
SlawadiaJun 21, 2019 9:25 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.