Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2019 9:58 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Retsuko's relationship with Tadano turned into a real pickle... always so complicated.

Haida, Retsuko, Gori, and Washimi were all pretty badass this episode (the neck chop from Haida, omg...). Even aside from the carjacking, Retsuko was in peak form; I was absolutely bawling my eyes out while cheering her on. You get 'em, girl! Stay strong!

All in all, this season was utterly superb and I would say it even surpassed the first. I hope that we'll get to see another one down the line~
Jun 14, 2019 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
Not gonna lie, Tadano was pretty hot. Too bad he's so flippant about...y'know, life. I guess it makes sense when you're that rich.

I really think she missed her chance with the bear. Not sure if he'll be back or if he's just an example/real-life representation of "the one that got away."

9/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 14, 2019 1:24 PM

Oct 2010
I loved how Haida became friends with Gori and Washimi.

I think it was a great way for Retsuko to end her relationship with Tadano and moving on.

I hope we get a 3rd season, definitely, Retsuko still has a long way to find a meaning to her daily life.
「Self Aware Cringy Weeb」
Jun 14, 2019 2:39 PM

Apr 2015
I loved how they both are such a good match yet due to differences in what they want in the future, they have to call it quits.

Season 2 really did lack a lot of side character moments (it felt like that to me) but nevertheless it is sure a fun ride.

Hoping for a season 3

8.5/10
Jun 15, 2019 4:49 PM

Jun 2010
CatSoul said:
I really think she missed her chance with the bear. Not sure if he'll be back or if he's just an example/real-life representation of "the one that got away."

I sure it's the latter. Retsuko rejected him and he moved on. It's too late to reconsider. The scene with her mother said as much.
Jun 17, 2019 9:26 AM
Apr 2019
I'm left with a feeling of bitter-sweetness. I'm glad Retsuko was able to express who she truly was tho.

I feel the driving was a good embodiment of their personalities. Tadano could fly a jet, meaning he can soar to bigger heights, while Retsuko's simple driving is her freedom, where she's content with more down-to-earth goals and roads ahead.
Jun 17, 2019 11:47 AM

Feb 2017
Tadano is such a dumbass, who cares if marriage is meaningless(I agree) retsuko wanted it and if he really loved her he would have given to that demand, if he said it as something he didn't care for it wouldn't have matter if he was married or not, as for kids that is something thats a bit more realistic to be a deal breaker since you can't just ignore them.
Jun 17, 2019 12:01 PM

Jul 2015
Man, that was a great sequel! Lots of fun comedy and the characters introduced added a lot to the series, all while making me like/appreciate more previous ones (Kabae suddenly best girl, and Ton had such a great moment in this last episode).

I found Tadano's character to be so interesting and probably one of the best romantic additions I have seen, in the end he and Retsuko took different routes just based on what both search for in the future, none of them is in the wrong nor the bad person, and I really liked that, I enjoyed a lot the moments between them through all this S2.

8.5/10 from my part and quite a big improvement over the first season IMO, I really hope we got more of this series in the future.
Jun 18, 2019 4:38 AM

May 2013
She wanted what she wanted. Tadano was a shoujo manga dream, but he doesn't understand other's feelings and has totally different ones himself. That is something a girl can take at 16, but not 25+. Good for Retsuko. She wanted love, not money.

I totally binged this.
Jun 18, 2019 11:32 AM

Dec 2014
hmm a totally great episode.... will miss it so much...I hope we see her again soon
Jun 18, 2019 1:40 PM
Aug 2016
Yay, now there is still hope that Retsuko and Haida will end up together!
Jun 19, 2019 5:17 PM

Mar 2013
Tadano was a real comrade lol

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 21, 2019 8:33 PM

Jul 2012
amazing season, much better than the previous! this gave me the feels </3

i hope for more.
Jun 22, 2019 8:53 PM

Dec 2013
Way better than the first season! The resolution was pretty satisfying too ad I'll probably rewatch this subbed at some point. Sad it was only 10 episodes but I can't wait for another season.
Jun 22, 2019 9:12 PM

Jul 2016
MetaThPr4h said:
Man, that was a great sequel! Lots of fun comedy and the characters introduced added a lot to the series, all while making me like/appreciate more previous ones (Kabae suddenly best girl, and Ton had such a great moment in this last episode).

I found Tadano's character to be so interesting and probably one of the best romantic additions I have seen, in the end he and Retsuko took different routes just based on what both search for in the future, none of them is in the wrong nor the bad person, and I really liked that, I enjoyed a lot the moments between them through all this S2.

8.5/10 from my part and quite a big improvement over the first season IMO, I really hope we got more of this series in the future.

My thoughts are the same.

I fell in love with Tadano, he's a very nice guy and he's so cute! I could say he's my favorite character of the series. Sad that their dreams didn't match, they were a lovely couple. But that's life after all, I had a relationship that didn't worked out but not because one of us was a bad person, we just wasn't fitting together anymore. We're still friends and found our happiness with other people. Nice to see this kind of lesson in the show. =)
Can't wait to get a season 3!

Feels:
Jun 25, 2019 6:25 AM
Apr 2017
I was really shipping them since episode 7. It was kinda sad that they ended up like this. Tandano’s introduction in the series as a CEO is pretty badass. I kinda like him as a cool guy. But Retsuko was slapped by reality. Tadano’s just not the right person for her. It was soo saaad and disappointing. Retsuko did end up both seasons broken hearted. I really want a season 3 for this :<
Jun 25, 2019 3:43 PM

Jan 2017
This was yet another great season of Aggressive Retsuko. Such a bittersweet end to the relationship between Retsuko and Tadano because of the differing beliefs of the two of them.
Jun 29, 2019 4:42 PM

Jun 2015
i definitely enjoyed this season and i like how they turned it into something a little serious and like a lesson, great development from season 1.
Jun 30, 2019 2:28 AM

Dec 2015
CatSoul said:
Not gonna lie, Tadano was pretty hot. Too bad he's so flippant about...y'know, life. I guess it makes sense when you're that rich.
Ha ha. Actually I'm only at episode 6 ... and I thought "he might be rich" and checked the other threads for the later episodes because of taht.

Did anyone else get that feeling that he might have been rich pretty early? I mean ... when you really are unemployed without money you just aren't going to waste money on drivinc license not even taking it seriously. I suspected at least some rich adults that "forced" him to do something with his life.

Probably ending up with a 9/10 (previous seasons had been 8 and the chrismas episode 7 for me) - episodes 7-10 are really going to be that good. I like if it goes like expected. (Cause I tend to expect stuff I' like - wishful thinking.)

Edit: Nice episode. Now I'd like to see more. But I'd prefer Haida + Fenneko. And maybe Anai and the other girl that always uses instagram. Retsuko with someone else (new char) while still staying friends with Tadano. Director really gets some nice scenes every now and then. Really helpful advice. I think I remember some positive stuff about him back then from season 1. While being strict his is a good boss to the workers in his department.

Hopefully we get 1 season every year. Could watch more from this forever. And 10x15 minutes per year would just feel about right to net get fed up with it too fast.
LuthandoriusJun 30, 2019 11:22 AM
Jul 2, 2019 12:40 PM

Dec 2016
noooo i'm so sad why can't anything ever work out perfectly in retsuko's love life?? ;-;
retsuko and tadano were so cute together but i'm glad they broke up amicably lol, sometimes ppl just aren't the right match even if they do like each other... :')
(which is something i enjoy about this show - despite being a cartoon about cute animals, it is more real and human than a lot of other things i've watched and that is such a nice feeling tbh)

but on the other hand, third time's the charm ehhh~ maybe there's still some hope for our boi haida next season lol
Jul 3, 2019 12:13 PM

Aug 2009
This was a great season, even though the latter half had less comedy than I wanted. Still enjoyed the storyline. Poor Retsuko not getting a happy ending (yet) but I'm sure she'll be fine.
Jul 5, 2019 11:00 PM

Feb 2013
This anime is so relatable....even when it's not "relatable" (like I've never dated a rich person) it still is. Wonderful show. Hope there will be more.

9/10
Jul 7, 2019 7:02 PM

Oct 2012
This was so good, having this seemingly perfect, charming guy turn out to be so fundamentally incompatible with retsuko.

I really like how complicated her romantic relationships have been. It's never really been anyones fault that it didn't work out. It's a more realistic take on love, how some of the seemingly most mundane aspects of a relationship can often be the most critical for long term success.

I bet she'll eventually end up with Haida, which is fine although he frustrates me. I know its TV but it's like c'mon dude be more clear about your feelings already.

9/10 for me too
ChromephoneJul 7, 2019 7:48 PM
Jul 13, 2019 1:10 PM

Jan 2017
One of my favourite things throughout this season has been the friendship between Retsuko, Gori and Washimi (even tested as it was by the irreconcilable difference of opinio between the latter two). Like, they're both so supportive of Retsuko all the time, and even when they do disagree there's never any doubt that they're there for her.

I loved seeing them both comfort Retsuko as she's crying in the karaoke room right at the end of this episode, but the highlight for me was Gori's chat with Retsuko in episode 6 - where she commiserates with her lack of direction, says she could never imagine being 40 when she was Retsuko's age, but then says that now she's here she's truly grateful for what she has and the friends she's made. For whatever reason, that really struck home.

Another thing that struck home was Ton's little rant to Retsuko about how he just found a wife and kids by default as something to hold on to and give his life meaning - not because he especially wanted it, or even because he especially loves them,but because without them, what does he have left. Just, fuck, who'd have thought that a cartoon pig would give one of the bleakest and most cutting commentaries on modern adult life in 2019? Jesus, I just made myself sad thinking about it again. I genuinely love Ton as a character, and any time he's out of 'angry shouty rage' mode and gets serious is always going to be incredible for me.

So, yeah, loved this season.
Sep 1, 2019 7:05 PM

Oct 2015
I felt bad that Retsuko and Tadano broke up, I guess it couldn't be helped since the guy has committing issues. Still can't believe Haida hasn't confessed, he's the one for her in my view.

Overall this season had more drama and depth than the previous, too bad there weren't enough death growls and comedy as they the ones that attracted me in the first place. But it was still a good season nevertheless. Her mother was a nice addition though

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 2, 2019 3:02 PM
Jun 2017
man, i just want retsuko to be happy :(
anyway, this season was good and i hope we see tadano again later on.
Jan 28, 2020 9:20 AM
Jan 2017
Yeeshthis season hit a bit to close to home and I think its a shame things didnt work out w/ retsuko and tadano they just seem like such a cute couple
Mar 4, 2020 2:54 PM

May 2012
Really loved this second season. The focus on romance sure was quite the nice turn to the generically per episode behaviour of the original show.

But this season was quite fun, I really disliked Anai as a character but the AI dude was chill af.

Do wonder if Netflix goes for a third season.

But all in all really enjoyed this second season!
Mar 19, 2020 2:46 AM

Jan 2011
Aye, Fenneko all worried about Haida.

Don't think this season was as strong as the first, but still good.
Apr 12, 2020 8:06 PM

Mar 2020
I like how the show tackles the concept of marriage and kids. This day in age, it's not something everyone wants to do and can be a big deal breaker for a lot of people. There's a lot more to a relationship than just liking each other.

Also: Haidaaaaaaa CHOP!!!
Jun 29, 2020 1:06 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm liked this season less than S1, still great tho but S1 is better :)
S1 9, this is an 8,5 but since that doesnt exist its 8

I liked how it went, it can be a dealbreaker after all. Haida still has a chance.

I smell a 3rd season tho as it was kinda open for more after all and retsuko still hasnt found her meaning
GyarutsundereJun 29, 2020 1:23 PM
Jun 30, 2020 11:36 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
this was heartbreaking :( I really hoped he would change his mind for love but its never like that >.< T_____T

Jul 31, 2020 12:32 AM

Mar 2010
Hope she ends up with haida next season :/
Aug 3, 2020 8:52 PM

Jun 2020
It was better than the first season, as I said in my review for episode 8, "one mistake and their relationship was breaking up," literally Retsuko's dreams of getting married and having children were shattered when Tadano told him he didn't want to get married nor have children. I want to see how Haida will express his feelings to Retsuko in the third season, I like to see him depressed ignoring everyone.
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Sep 6, 2020 4:44 AM

Jun 2013
I'm watching this a year late but man did it make me emotional.
臭い-
Sep 23, 2020 10:50 PM

Sep 2018
This makes me cry so hard (I'm just too over dramatic) but it's too sad for me :(

Another break up of Retsuko T____T I think the end game will be Haida but he still didn't grow on me, he's still can't confess his feelings. He needs more guts. (and also I ship him with Fenneko XD)

It so sad!!!! I'm very much affected with the break up lol I really like Tadano but I understand Retsuko, I feel what she feel. That's my dream too, it's sad but thank you, next T________T
Dec 21, 2020 1:38 PM

Aug 2020
Welp this season really felt very similar to the first one. I wasn't really a fan of the first season or the Christmas special but my friend assured me that it got better so I watched it anyway. I guess we have different taste.. I feel like Anai's character could've been done so much better. First he's some great guy on the outside, then some psycho, then someone says a couple basic words and he's a somewhat average person now? I felt like there was barely any build up but then again the episodes are shorter than other series and so are the seasons. I also felt like Tanando and Retsuko's love seemed to bloom out of nowhere. It felt way too forced to me but whatever. I'm glad they're separated as I always felt something off about the guy. Not sure I'll watch the next season but who knows. I never thought I'd watch this one...

Apr 21, 2021 7:33 AM

May 2016
The original series and the Netflix version's first season were already good enough on its own but they really hit it out of the park in this one. Seeing Retsuko experience setbacks then venting her frustrations was fun but this season made this series into something that is much greater.

The emotional moments and increased development of the side characters was very much appreciated and I can even say that I've learned something new about life thanks to watching this~

Jul 27, 2021 6:04 PM

Aug 2011
What an epic episode. Bye bye tadano
desu desu binches
Aug 12, 2023 8:27 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Sadge episode but the outcome already expected since y'know if the life goal of Retsuko been solved at this season, there's no way in hell they'll milk this till the fifth season. Okay? Not okay smh. Kinda sad honestly, however that's how life also works out for real. So yeah, can i take another season just to see more of Retsuko suffering?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 22, 12:17 PM

Oct 2013
She literally wanted to marry to quit working, and now that she can she realize she dont have a life outside work... Geez find some hobby girl!
Also Tadano's right, what's the point of marriage nowadays ? even less for them since he's rich... (marrying can help reduce some lifecost ehe) but obviously she has nothing to live for since she's some kind of salaryman-robot.

For the kids I can get it tho, it's a deal breaker when your mate don't want any. But she never talked about wanting kids before this right ?... it came from nowhere I swear!

Really it feels forced because" he's too rich".

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Shymander - Jun 14, 2019

13 by badabass »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Shymander - Jun 14, 2019

17 by badabass »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:47 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Shymander - Jun 14, 2019

13 by badabass »»
Aug 12, 2023 2:46 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Shymander - Jun 14, 2019

7 by badabass »»
Aug 12, 2023 2:14 AM

Poll: » Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Shymander - Jun 14, 2019

14 by badabass »»
Aug 12, 2023 1:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.