Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 34 Discussion


Jun 16, 3:48 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 476
Adnash93 said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:


I concur. Broke the pace too much. Maybe it would've been improved by him speaking a different Italian line each week?

Week 1: Nessuno può sfuggire al destino scelto.
Week 2: Rimane solo il risultato, che voi sarete distrutti.
Week 3: L' eterna cima esiste solo per me, puoi cantare canzoni di tristezza nel mondo senza tempo.

Something like that?

I disagree. The way we saw this opening modified with a gimmick was executed very good and unexpected (at least for me). I can't think of something better than this King Crimson's intervention in the opening we all saw.

Sure, it broke the pace a little bit, but it was made on purpose to 1) show King Crimson's power , 2) blend it into vanilla version of the opening, 3) make it look original and decent, without leaving a feeling that this kind of concept might have happened before.

Erasing some second of the opening would be too easy and expectable. It wouldn't leave as much impact as the opening we have already seen. Your proposition sounds nice, but I don't think it would look good if it was turned into series of openings, and every of them would have a slight modification of one phrase alone.

Absolutely this! Not only was it a bit of a subversion of expectations but it makes entirely perfect sense with the OP and it was still creative as fuck. God the italian vocals, that was just hype as hell imo.
 
Jun 16, 3:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 4097
Another deservedly good level of animation quality, another episode I like. This is what I want from a JoJo anime - a perfectly animated and exact adaptation of the manga.
 
Jun 16, 6:48 PM
Online
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 129
Modernoir said:
RabidFish said:
let's be completely honest with ourselves here, mates. Pt. 5 final battle is the worst final confrontation in JoJo, period.

Also let's not forget about that crazy "Stands are actually [SPOILERS]!" thing Araki came up with out of fucking nowhere and never even touched upon ever again.

Not even close baybeeee. The race for the arrow is great, and the conclusion is fucking awesome imo. Part 5 having a "bad ending" has been a meme since the shitty-translation days, it's NOWHERE NEAR as bad as people make it out to be. I could argue about it all day but I have a fuck ton of faith in David Productions, they've improved this part so much through a myriad of ways that I'm sure they'll bring out the absolute best in this last arc too.

i personally found the last confrontation completely underwhelming and the arrow chase isn't that interesting to me, but the whole concept of switching bodies/souls is really not that interesting to me personally, either.

but i do agree DP has massively improved this part, to the point i'd actually recommend the anime over the manga for this one particular case.
 
Jun 16, 6:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 959
@Modernoir , I am mostly happy because it was a subversion of my expectations. I thought the OP is gonna be something like time-skip by erasing several seconds (yeah, I fixed my previous post xD dunno why I didn't write a plural version there) and adding some red effect that occurs each time King Crimson is used. I'm glad it wasn't and happened to be way more creative in original way. :-) One of the best feelings is to see something different than you expected and be pleased by seeing it, haha.
 
Jun 17, 3:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 241
Hobgoblin2099 said:
WandererRedux said:
If I'm being perfectly honest, I think the execution of the King Crimson opening was a bit disappointing. I get that there's only so many ways you can portray KC's time skip powers, but it just felt too drawn out IMO.


I concur. Broke the pace too much. Maybe it would've been improved by him speaking a different Italian line each week?

Week 1: Nessuno può sfuggire al destino scelto.
Week 2: Rimane solo il risultato, che voi sarete distrutti.
Week 3: L' eterna cima esiste solo per me, puoi cantare canzoni di tristezza nel mondo senza tempo.

Something like that?


That would of been perfect in my opinion.

 
Jun 17, 4:53 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 8514
The drastic change in the opening was great! I wonder if they'll be making changes to it as each episode progresses deeper into the fight since there's still 5 episodes to go.

After how intense the last episode was, I was really surprised about how the tone got pretty comedic because of how surprised they were to find out that their bodies have been switched thanks to Silver Chariot. It was really amusing to see them act so shocked towards what happened, especially with Mista and Trish and it was awesome seeing how much their Stands have powered up probably thanks to their long-deserved nap.

Polnareff actually turned into a turtle, holy shit. I named all my turtles Polnareff after I saw comments about it but seeing Jean-Pierre Coco Jumbo actually talk and relay vital information to the Gang-Stars was a shock. Bruno being the one who ends up disarming Silver Chariot was good and all but that meant that the body-swap will wear off and the person who'll end up being the closest to the arrow itself will be Diavolo himself...










 
Jun 17, 1:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 256
I think some of you are just nitpicking the OP change on purpose because you want something to complain about.
 
Jun 18, 12:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 67
Don't tell me if it's a spoiler but is it ever explained why Polnareff never contacted Jotaro to deal with Diavolo? After learning to use the world better, Jotaro easily could've ora ora'd that little Italian punk bitch

Sure Polnareff was in hiding, but after all those years he couldn't have found a way?


"The law doesn't protect people, people protect the law."


- Akane Tsunemori











 
Jun 18, 1:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 27
dividingMDH said:
Don't tell me if it's a spoiler but is it ever explained why Polnareff never contacted Jotaro to deal with Diavolo? After learning to use the world better, Jotaro easily could've ora ora'd that little Italian punk bitch

Sure Polnareff was in hiding, but after all those years he couldn't have found a way?


polnareff already the mafia was controlling all communication.
 
Jun 18, 5:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 241
dividingMDH said:
Don't tell me if it's a spoiler but is it ever explained why Polnareff never contacted Jotaro to deal with Diavolo? After learning to use the world better, Jotaro easily could've ora ora'd that little Italian punk bitch

Sure Polnareff was in hiding, but after all those years he couldn't have found a way?

It's never explained (in the manga) why Polnareff didn't attempt to contact Jotaro, although I think you might be overestimating his options.

For one thing, international communication was far more limited in the 90's. While we don't know the exact year Polnareff encountered Diavolo, I was always under the impression that it was probably in the early 90's (90-94). Mobile phones and commercial internet only really saw widespread adoption around 96, so that pretty much leaves traditional mail and calling from landline phones/phone booths, which could easily be intercepted by Passione.

Secondly it's likely Polnareff didn't get a chance to before Diavolo ambushed him. After the ambush he may have lost any means of contacting Jotaro or couldn't do it without alerting Passione to his survival, and was thus stuck waiting for someone else to uncover the nature of Diavolo's Stand (and surviving).

Finally - and this is pure speculation on my part - Jotaro may have just been busy with other life commitments at the time or had to stop investigating despite Polnareff's disappearance.


Feel free to pick one of those and run with it. Or just say Araki didn't want to do that. Whatever works.
 
Jun 18, 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 981
The OP this episode really brought out the intricacies of the abilities.





I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.


 
Jun 18, 3:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 180
There's two plot holes in this episode.
1) When Polnareff discovered the new power of his stand his body didn't swapped with the nearest person.
And the second time not only it swapped but with the turtle that was miles away.
2) Now that Buccellati is in Diavolo's body... why don't he just commit suicide?
He is himself already dead and is only goal is to kill Diavolo so do it. Wreck is body in pieces and you've won.
That's stupid.
 
Jun 18, 4:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 60
ganomed said:
There's two plot holes in this episode.
1) When Polnareff discovered the new power of his stand his body didn't swapped with the nearest person.
And the second time not only it swapped but with the turtle that was miles away.
2) Now that Buccellati is in Diavolo's body... why don't he just commit suicide?
He is himself already dead and is only goal is to kill Diavolo so do it. Wreck is body in pieces and you've won.
That's stupid.

1.pol wasnt dead when he first got stabbed by the arrow
2. i cant say wait for new episode
 
Jun 19, 6:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 180
WorldoverHeaven said:
1.pol wasnt dead when he first got stabbed by the arrow
No it can't be that.
If we had to explain it I'd better think that stand users can only swap with other stand users and there weren't any.
Or maybe he can control a bit the power of his stand and he intentionally swapped his body to survive.
Or the first time he took the arrow back fast before falling asleep.
 
Jun 21, 7:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 505
KEKKA DAKE DA.

I was expecting the OP to be shorter, but what DP did here was great!
"If all you ever do is look down on people, you won't be able to recognize your own weaknesses." -Katsuki Bakugo
 
Jun 22, 1:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2764
Amazing episode! I love how David Production always plays mindgames towards the final battle, where the main antagonist always tries to screw the opening.

Happened with Dio, Kira and now Diavolo! I hope they will do the same with Part 6 and 7 in the future!!

Lots of amazing info! When I read Part 5 last year. I knew they're really going all in with the stands! Especially Requiem!

Anyways, It's going to have a fun chemistry between Mista and Trish! I was actually surprise how girly Trish acted inside Mista's body. Despite her cold attitude, she's still a girl at heart.

Also, this is the arc where I'm expecting for Fugo to show.

Final 5 episodes! Let's do this!
 
Jun 23, 4:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 837
Grimmgeta said:
I think some of you are just nitpicking the OP change on purpose because you want something to complain about.


Yep, people need to complain for whatever reason. The show was great and I can't wait to see why Bucci body is not moving (I am assuming it is too do with being dead?)
 
Jun 24, 8:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 38
Well, this was awful. Plotholes aside, really ?

Polnareff is back and for what? He got his ass kicked easily in a poorly made flashback, didn't ask Jotaro or the Speedwagon Foundation for help (and it probably will never get explained), waited for years doing jack shit, actually hesitated to retrieve the arrow that was stuck, can't control his stand anymore and is in a story that didn't need him in any way and now... He is a turtle. A freaking turtle that is clearly gonna die before the end... Is this a rule now in Jojo? That the new arc has to take a massive dump on the previous characters ?

Joseph is now a fragile senile old man who cheated on his wife and Polnareff got destroyed by Diavolo and is now stuck in a turtle body. Fantastic. Can't wait to see what happens to Jotaro in part 6... At least, Jonathan is safe.

And let's not even talk about Trish being OOC in this episode, the fact that Polnareff didn't understand that Doppio and Diavolo are the same guy (also someone should tell Diavolo that he has shit stuck in his hair) and the stupid "Power" of Requiem Chariot that has nothing to with the original stand.

Man, I used to make fun of Fugo but actually, he might had the right idea after all by quitting before the end. But let's be positive here, the actors voicing the show are still great and you feel they had fun with this. I had a giggle hearing the voice of Narancia talking like Giorno.
Modified by Di-Ansatsu, Jun 24, 8:52 AM
 
Jun 24, 2:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 27
Di-Ansatsu said:
Well, this was awful. Plotholes aside, really ?

Polnareff is back and for what? He got his ass kicked easily in a poorly made flashback, didn't ask Jotaro or the Speedwagon Foundation for help (and it probably will never get explained), waited for years doing jack shit, actually hesitated to retrieve the arrow that was stuck, can't control his stand anymore and is in a story that didn't need him in any way and now... He is a turtle. A freaking turtle that is clearly gonna die before the end... Is this a rule now in Jojo? That the new arc has to take a massive dump on the previous characters ?

Joseph is now a fragile senile old man who cheated on his wife and Polnareff got destroyed by Diavolo and is now stuck in a turtle body. Fantastic. Can't wait to see what happens to Jotaro in part 6... At least, Jonathan is safe.

And let's not even talk about Trish being OOC in this episode, the fact that Polnareff didn't understand that Doppio and Diavolo are the same guy (also someone should tell Diavolo that he has shit stuck in his hair) and the stupid "Power" of Requiem Chariot that has nothing to with the original stand.

Man, I used to make fun of Fugo but actually, he might had the right idea after all by quitting before the end. But let's be positive here, the actors voicing the show are still great and you feel they had fun with this. I had a giggle hearing the voice of Narancia talking like Giorno.

Polnaref already told he was cut off and the mafia controlled all comunication, the character ages and dies they are not special that what make the show good, Requiem powers are special that the point polnareff already told the powers granted by the full power of the arrow, jonathan died in his own part. diavolo skipped time betwen transformation and both personality look different
 
Jun 24, 7:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 38
And Jotaro didn't try to search and look for one of his best friends ? Especially after he lost many friends in Stardust Crusaders ? He could at least mentionned during part IV or V the fact that Polnareff was missing. Also Diavolo tough that Polnareff was dead, Frenchie could have easily sent a message to Jotaro. And why Joseph couldn't use his stand to find Polnareff ?


Aging, yeah I get that. But in only 10 years, Joseph became senile, really ? Especially when he is a master of the Ripple, the one thing that makes you age slower. And no, treating you characters like crap for no real reason isn't what makes a show "good". There is a difference between giving a good death to a character an dtreating him badly.

Yes, I know that Jonathan died in his part, that's was my point.

Both Dia and Dopi look very much alike, Polnareff isn't dumb.This was just a poor way to justify the death in the following episode.


I get liking this part but it's kinda silly to see fans trying to come up with excuses to explain the stupidity of this arc. And yes, I know that Jojo follows "the rule of cool logic" but here, i failed to see the cool parts.


 
Jun 25, 1:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 27
Di-Ansatsu said:
And Jotaro didn't try to search and look for one of his best friends ? Especially after he lost many friends in Stardust Crusaders ? He could at least mentionned during part IV or V the fact that Polnareff was missing. Also Diavolo tough that Polnareff was dead, Frenchie could have easily sent a message to Jotaro. And why Joseph couldn't use his stand to find Polnareff ?


Aging, yeah I get that. But in only 10 years, Joseph became senile, really ? Especially when he is a master of the Ripple, the one thing that makes you age slower. And no, treating you characters like crap for no real reason isn't what makes a show "good". There is a difference between giving a good death to a character an dtreating him badly.

Yes, I know that Jonathan died in his part, that's was my point.

Both Dia and Dopi look very much alike, Polnareff isn't dumb.This was just a poor way to justify the death in the following episode.


I get liking this part but it's kinda silly to see fans trying to come up with excuses to explain the stupidity of this arc. And yes, I know that Jojo follows "the rule of cool logic" but here, i failed to see the cool parts.



Jotaro got other stuff to do like his studies the fact he was investigating in america and japan + the event of diamond is unbreakable
Joseph wass 79 10 year can do that and he stopped hamon because he hate traning
. Doppio and diavolo look very different one is a 16 year old kid and the other is a 30 year old buff adult and polnareff was under stress
 
Jul 1, 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 38
Jotaro had better things to do than searching for his missing best friend ? And apparently Frenchie was gone for years so even with the event of DIU, he had plenty of time.


Joseph wouldn't let himself go senile; I think he prefer to trained a little to still be in good shape, especially with all the crazy stand users running around. It's just that Araki seems to love making fun of his previous character + he wanted to push some forced father/son between Joseph and Josuke.


"Under Stress", ha, that's a good one ! Kinda remind me of the "Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet " excuse.
 
Jul 1, 2:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 27
Di-Ansatsu said:
Jotaro had better things to do than searching for his missing best friend ? And apparently Frenchie was gone for years so even with the event of DIU, he had plenty of time.


Joseph wouldn't let himself go senile; I think he prefer to trained a little to still be in good shape, especially with all the crazy stand users running around. It's just that Araki seems to love making fun of his previous character + he wanted to push some forced father/son between Joseph and Josuke.


"Under Stress", ha, that's a good one ! Kinda remind me of the "Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet " excuse.

joseph hated effort and training he only did hamon beccause he had no choice his stand is not for fighting it for intel and was always a goofy dumbass.
also yes jotaro had more impotant things that polnareff and just assum he is still searching.
 
Jul 12, 4:30 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 10
I'm a bit confused. Did the voice actors keep their body and just changed their voice/personality or did the voice actors keep their characters and changed bodies? For example, did Giorno's VA play Narancia in Giorno's body or did Narancia's VA play Giorno in Giorno's body?
 
Jul 12, 7:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 61
FelleBanan_ygsr said:
I'm a bit confused. Did the voice actors keep their body and just changed their voice/personality or did the voice actors keep their characters and changed bodies? For example, did Giorno's VA play Narancia in Giorno's body or did Narancia's VA play Giorno in Giorno's body?

Yeah, Giorno's VA imitated Narancia's voice as well as he could and so did all the other voice actors for their respective characters
 
Jul 15, 3:36 AM

Online
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 2536
Giorno's VA making his voice softer when he's possessed by Nara is the most adorable thing ever




yeah i like jojo
keep scrolling
 
Jul 16, 9:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 2311
Diavolo hijacked the opening

Di-Ansatsu said:
And Jotaro didn't try to search and look for one of his best friends ? Especially after he lost many friends in Stardust Crusaders ? He could at least mentionned during part IV or V the fact that Polnareff was missing. Also Diavolo tough that Polnareff was dead, Frenchie could have easily sent a message to Jotaro. And why Joseph couldn't use his stand to find Polnareff ?


Aging, yeah I get that. But in only 10 years, Joseph became senile, really ? Especially when he is a master of the Ripple, the one thing that makes you age slower. And no, treating you characters like crap for no real reason isn't what makes a show "good". There is a difference between giving a good death to a character an dtreating him badly.

Yes, I know that Jonathan died in his part, that's was my point.

Both Dia and Dopi look very much alike, Polnareff isn't dumb.This was just a poor way to justify the death in the following episode.


I get liking this part but it's kinda silly to see fans trying to come up with excuses to explain the stupidity of this arc. And yes, I know that Jojo follows "the rule of cool logic" but here, i failed to see the cool parts.




Joseph’s senility goes away at the end

As for Jotaro,
 
Top
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]