Forum Settings
Forums

Which is your guys favorite way to watch anime?

New
Jun 13, 2019 9:27 AM
May 2019
I've been thinking about how I'm watching Anime and I'm wondering how you guys go about watching it en masse. Do you like to dedicate yourself to a single anime through to completion, snake your way through a handful of anime at a time, or watch them season by season transitioning from one to another? I'm finding that I like to watch one all the way through, but I think I might try something different just to mix things up.
“I’m not going there to die. I’m going there to find out if I’m really alive.”

- Spike Spiegel
Jun 13, 2019 9:31 AM

Oct 2017
I keep up with the seasonal anime week by week and I also watch one finished airing anime along with it.
Jun 13, 2019 9:33 AM
Aug 2018
I find that I struggle to get invested and immersed in a show if I just binge watch it, so I watch a few shows at a time, pacing myself with each one.

I usually watch only 2 episodes of each show per day. Instead of watching more episodes of a show in a row, I tend to rather watch more shows at the same time.

It does occasionally happen that I binge watch an anime (although it is usually when watching it with someone else) but I do prefer the slow and steady method, personally.
Jun 13, 2019 9:34 AM

Sep 2018
I like to pace myself slowly. I'll usually catch up with the seasonal shows first, then I'll move on to whichever show that I'm currently watching that's already finished airing.

When I do watch a show that's done airing, I like to watch no more than 3 or 4 episodes, but sometimes I'll watch more depending on how invested I'm in at that moment.
"Literary experts revealed that reviews on sites like MyAnimeList kill more than 200 brain cells per second."

- Joey, "The Anime Man"
Jun 13, 2019 9:34 AM

Feb 2013
inside my fulldome on my private jet while eating sushi off naked lady

this is the proper way to enjoy anime
Jun 13, 2019 9:36 AM

Jun 2009
I used to keep up with seasonal anime every week, but now that I'm busier I'm more comfortable watching completed anime.

Oct 2018
I like to watch completed series, I don’t like having to wait a week for the next episode. I also like to watch one series at a time, since it’s easier for me that way. Although, I’ll still watch an anime movie even if I’m already watching a show.
i think i've had enough

Jul 2011
I only watch one at a time and I'm really lazy when it comes to watching as I'm not that much into anime anymore

Jun 13, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2018
I like watching multiple anime. I'll pick the seasonal ones that look interesting to watch weekly. Then I'll pair em with a couple of completed anime to watch for the rest of the week if I get bored. I dont like my watch list building up though so I to complete it before the next batch of seasonal anime come out.
Jun 13, 2019 9:46 AM

Oct 2018
Well, I usually use my eyes to watch anime. I can't think of a different way to watch it.

Jokes aside, I like to wait till the season of the anime in particular is over to watch it. I like to binge-watch :3 Once I've watched the entire season I like to watch the next season of that anime, if there's not another season or OVA, I move onto another anime
Jun 13, 2019 9:48 AM

Jan 2018
Really just depends. Sometimes I'll pick up a series that hooks me to a point where I can't look away, and I'll binge it to completion. Other times I juggle a handful of shows. For the most part I just enjoy having variety, and that never takes away from my experience with any particular series I'm watching. I think that's partly due to my love for slice of life/iyashikei though, as many of those kinds of shows aren't exactly meant to be binged.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Jun 13, 2019 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
I tend to watch several shows at once and watch whichever one I'm in the mood for. I'm trying to change this as I started binging some series to finally finish them and get them out of the way before I move on to something new. I plan to watch fewer anime at a time this time around.
Jun 13, 2019 9:58 AM

Nov 2015
Reaper_We_Are said:
I've been thinking about how I'm watching Anime and I'm wondering how you guys go about watching it en masse. Do you like to dedicate yourself to a single anime through to completion, snake your way through a handful of anime at a time, or watch them season by season transitioning from one to another? I'm finding that I like to watch one all the way through, but I think I might try something different just to mix things up.

I do everything at once. I like to balance watching something new with a few seasonal anime and some sequels and slice of life too.
Jun 13, 2019 11:35 AM

Aug 2011
I watch seasonal anime, usually somewhere between 5 and 15 depending on the season and how much time I have, but I'm not obsessive about it. I fall behind on them regularly, catching up when/if I have the time and interest. I would sometimes watch up to 25 anime per season when I was younger, but it's been years since I've tried to follow even close to that many. In addition to the seasonal anime, I'll usually be watching a small handful of finished anime, whether they're recent seasonal anime that I've fallen behind on or skipped when they were airing, or much older anime that have been finished for years. Depending on how much I'm enjoying a series, it might take me a couple of days or a couple of years to complete. I just watch what I'm in the mood for and don't worry about any of it too much.

Something I started doing a long time ago that I've realized is kind of unusual, I'll have anywhere from 4-8 episodes from different anime up on my laptop at any given time, and I'll be in the middle of watching all of them at once. I'll watch 5 minutes of one episode from Series A, then switch to Series B and watch 15 minutes of that, then hours later I might sit down and watch 3 minutes from Series C, and so on. Sometimes I'll watch an episode from one series from beginning to end with no breaks, but not often.
Jun 13, 2019 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
A bunch of seasonals + 2-4 finished anime.
Jun 13, 2019 11:45 AM
Apr 2018
I always keep 3 or more anime in my phone and start one when i feel like it. However i don't prefer watching them at the same time.
Jun 13, 2019 11:49 AM

Jul 2016
I watch anime one after the other and can finish a series in about 2-5 days depending on the series. I find it easier and more efficient to dedicate time to a single anime than spreading out with many shows. It takes advantage of the fact that I'm forever a year behind seasonal anime and I feel it's a more rewarding experience to finish things up in one go than waiting week by week. It also allows me to efficiently look for a more diverse range of older anime.
Jun 13, 2019 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
There are always between 15 and 20 shows on my Watching list, more than half of that is stuff that's currently airing. The rest are a mixed bag of genres and older & newer shows, cause I am not always in the mood for the same.
Jun 13, 2019 11:53 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
with a loaded gun and a noose probably

Laying on my couch which is what I'm usually doing when I'm not working anyway, dictating the pace at what I want to watch it at and operating on a purely whim-oriented basis with no long-term planning or thought put into it. Just do what I feel like in the heat of the moment, at that very moment. Stop watching mid-episode and never get back to it if I want to. Binge the whole thing if I want to. Take forever to complete the series and only watch a few episodes at a time if I want to.

Making it all about doing things how I want to do them beyond any sort of attempt at rationalizing it, basically. In general this leads me to prefer not watching things seasonally because weekly schedules feel like an unnecessary restriction most of the time, but if I want to watch something seasonally, guess what I'm doing? Or if I fall behind and don't want to catch up, guess what I'm not doing?

It's awesome because it's the most thoughtless consumption plan ever, and it's rooted purely in personal desire. No obligations or self-imposed responsibilities. Takes nobody else into consideration. No gods, no masters. Absolute freedom. And I love it, it's more fun for me this way than it'd been at any point prior.
ManabanJun 13, 2019 12:07 PM

Jun 13, 2019 12:14 PM

Oct 2008
As seasonal anime are airing I sometimes finish an old series or one I've missed from a previous season. I prefer to binge my series after they have finished airing.
Jun 13, 2019 12:26 PM

May 2018
Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssnake my way.

Jun 13, 2019 12:32 PM

Dec 2015
Just now I'm watching 3 shows at the same time.

Rewatching one.
Watching Saki.
And Watching Cat's Eye.

Started to rewatch Slime, beacuse I love shows like this.

Saki is a new show I started this week.

Cat's eye is a show that bores me to death, so only watching 1 eps each day.
I'm at eps 50ish, so it feels stupid to drop it.

But normal I only watch one show at the time, it feels best that way for me.
And easier to focus on what is going on too.

When it comes to season, I take on one show, finish it, take on one finish it.
Sometimes I do the same things as I do with Cat's Eye, I find something retarded, childish, stupid, bad, boring or something else and end up watching 1-2 eps each day.

Normal I don't try to drop a show if it's possible, the few I drop is on a level of bad or childish, so not even 1 eps each day coud make me finish it. It's worse then dirt with another words.

I feel like I can lose interested if I need to wait to long on a ep's and already watching something epic.

Jun 13, 2019 12:33 PM

Apr 2016
I binge one anime at a time since I have the attention span of a goldfish.
Jun 13, 2019 12:58 PM

Jun 2019
I can only watch one show at a time for full enjoyment and appreciation, to get truly immersed. This is especially so for a serialized show, but even if it were episodic, I'd still prefer to only watch one at a time (I just might not binge an episodic one with the same intensity as it's hard to get the motivation to watch more than a few episodes a day for a show in episodic format for me).

The only time I've ever watched more than one new show at a time was when it wasn't anime and they were airing first-run on TV. With anime, I don't watch the seasonal fare as I would rather watch shows that have already ended so I don't have to wait for a week and can binge to the heart's content.

I watched Yuru Camp a while back and that had aired in January of 2018. If it comes back next year, 2020, as it's been announced, and I'm alive and around to see it, it will be the first time that a show I'm watching premieres new. And even still I will most likely wait until it's finished airing to commence my watch.
Jun 13, 2019 1:02 PM

Feb 2016
1. Watching on my TV under my Kotatsu
2. In bed on my laptop
3. Watching dubs of shows I've seen while gaming at my desk
Haven't started to really re-watch until recently
Binge watching only occurs when I hit a really good arc. Generally watch shows where I can watch a few episodes here and there.
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jun 13, 2019 1:03 PM
Oct 2018
Binge entire thing in the least time possible, i can't watch anything else in between or I will probably end up dropping it.

Also with longer series, grinding a game while playing the anime dubbed on my other monitor
Jun 13, 2019 1:06 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Sit on comfy and put Anime running on my surround system.
Once I'll manage to get own apartment, then also include to surround system a big TV.

Aside that, mostly binge. There better is Anime the faster I binge it. If time allows.

Duller series I end up 1-3eps a day. (but not boring enough to drop).

Usually watch anime at a time. Now I'm kinda watching western TV show so my Anime pacing is slowed.
Jun 13, 2019 1:48 PM

Jan 2017
I watch new series week to week. Old series or new to me I tend to watch in bunches 2-3 episodes an evening. I watch it on my tv with my computer connected.
Jun 13, 2019 1:51 PM

Jun 2012
I like to watch them alone and uninterrupted.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Jun 13, 2019 3:08 PM
Jul 2018
I watch anime on tablet to avoid wasting energy consumption on pc
Jun 13, 2019 11:35 PM

Oct 2010
I watch about 20 anime at a time but 1 episode per week usualy in the evenings and I tend to group them by their similarities like mystery with mystery, comedy with ecchi comedy, romance with slice of life, something like that. I watch it on a big tv screen because I have poor vision and I wanna see the ecchi clearly. If I don't really like an anime I watch it irregulary, can be 1 episode per day every day or who knows, it took me a year to finish kiniro mosaic.
Jun 13, 2019 11:42 PM

Apr 2013
I watch two anime at a time, trying to watch 2 episodes of each per day. In the best case one with lots of comedy and the other action-heavy.
Jun 14, 2019 12:31 AM

Dec 2018
Usually i keep up with the seasonal weekly
But when there's other anime (long anime usually) attract my intention, i spend my days to watch it lol X")
Jun 15, 2019 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
i watch a whole bunch of stuff at once/ongoing so i always have something else to switch to if i need something with a different mood

im watching too much now though so i gotta clear a few out but ideally idk maybe have 5-10 going at once would be good for me
Jun 16, 2019 9:23 PM

Mar 2018
I watch seasonal anime and old classics that I haven't seen.
Jun 16, 2019 10:43 PM

Aug 2013
I used to be a seasonal watcher, but now I prefer to watch a few completed shows at the same time.
Jun 16, 2019 11:22 PM

May 2016
i only watch one or two anime and never more because i can't keep up. if its seasonal anime i only watch one and just wait until the show is done airing

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Jun 17, 2019 12:26 AM

Apr 2017
seasonal anime is just annoying tbh.
watching anime at your own pace is much better, you're free to watch how many episodes you want whenever you want. watching anime one by one is more preferable but i do mix it with ongoing anime like one piece and fairy tail.
Jun 17, 2019 3:07 AM

May 2009
1. I don't watch seasonals.

2. I usually watch roughly one thing at a time.

3. It's typical that, when I'm watching, I watch 1~3 episodes a day, every 1~3 days, until I finish the series. Then I have downtime for a week or two, maybe more.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 17, 2019 3:10 AM

Mar 2019
I typically watch like 5 different things at the same time and with that I mean I watch 30 seconds of one thing then go watch another thing or do something else.

I might — in fact — have a grave attention span problem. For whatever reason sticking more than 30 seconds to one thing makes it bore me.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jun 17, 2019 3:20 AM

Jun 2015
watch one, finish, start next,

I might take breaks by watching a diffrent show between seasons like I'll start the 4th of ikkitousen after a couple more series, maybe the rezero ova.

I also watch mostly sequels on a weekly basis, no ongoing new animes, I wait till they're finished airing,

watching OPM and FT weekly other stuff is much older
Jun 18, 2019 5:54 PM

Oct 2015
i usually watch one episode a week or month :s but if i'm hooked on the show then maybe two or three episodes instead of just one.
⠀     ‧     ⠀

More topics from this board

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

8 by Akuya »»
25 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

56 by RantingMarauder »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

18 by Daviljoe193 »»
20 minutes ago

» peak piece

Cyborgium - Mar 28

6 by SnipeStrike »»
26 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

30 by Vendicator »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.