Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 12, 2019 5:46 PM
Feb 2017
There are already 4 different official versions of that, so why not have more! ;) What would you guys do in Naofumis shoes? What would you demand? What would you want to be done to king and princess?

My version:
I would weight and see if the queen will be able to go through with the execution and prove her resolve even if it hurts her (and she would be lead to believe that it is what I want), but at the same time I wold cast those invisible to the last moment shields just above their heads so the blade stops only millimeters above... (knowing the stupid princess she is likely to piss herself or something like that from fear...) and then continue like Naofumi said "death is to light of a punishment..." but instead of juts renaming them I would probably want Princess to be put under a spell that will make her unable to speak (as most damage she made by speaking and lying) and put her as one of the lowly fighters that protect people from waves (in group loyal to me). After the waves (if she lives) she will have to work like any normal peasant since she is stripped of all including her family connections (and she doesn't get her voice. ever.)
As for the king... He did bad things for slightly less bad reasons, but his intentions at the beginning seemed right, only later he let his emotions and daughter guide him... so... I would make him physically rebuild after each wave, and as long as there are any damages of it remaining. (probably for year, if not rest of his life...) Like literal public servant: traveling around, unable to refuse anyone who asks for help even in the most minimal task. (can be some compulsion). So they would become a "silent sword" and a "humble hands" of this Land.

how would you solve that situation?
Jun 14, 2019 10:54 PM

Apr 2007
IRFodder said:
It would have never came to that, I would have dragged the slave girl with the crest to the other "Hero's" and explain it, ask the slave girl to lie to prove it. (ask her and apologize of course).

And then demand that the princess say it under the crest.

There are a lot of things you aren't thinking through here.
Jun 15, 2019 10:16 AM

Apr 2007
IRFodder said:
Killuan said:

There are a lot of things you aren't thinking through here.

What like? I would be summoned to a world that is about to be destroyed by an apocolyptic event, apparently we are the only people able to stand up to it. If they don't like it they can all rot. I would assume the other people from a more advanced civilization woud be more open minded and able to put 1+1 together and come up with the correct answer. Or are they just idiots like the show. Is that all they are? Just idiots to make the mc look good?

They're trying to make you as weak as possible in the first place, they don't care if you help fight off the waves or not. They can just throw you in a dungeon and let you rot.

By slave girl you mean Raphtalia? She can't prove that you didn't rape Myne. They wouldn't believe her even if she could.
KilluanJun 15, 2019 10:39 AM
Jun 16, 2019 11:14 AM

Apr 2007
IRFodder said:
Killuan said:

They're trying to make you as weak as possible in the first place, they don't care if you help fight off the waves or not. They can just throw you in a dungeon and let you rot.

By slave girl you mean Raphtalia? She can't prove that you didn't rape Myne. They wouldn't believe her even if she could.

Read what I wrote again. Having a way to clear your name is a powerful tool. Too bad everyone in the anime is writen poorly and the story is poor. It's such a big plot hole I have to wonder...

I read it. It wasn't that easy to comprehend tbh...but if there is something I got wrong, feel free to clarify.
KilluanJun 16, 2019 11:43 AM
Jun 16, 2019 5:33 PM

Apr 2007
IRFodder said:
Killuan said:

I read it. It wasn't that easy to comprehend tbh...but if there is something I got wrong, feel free to clarify.

I don't understand what's so hard to understand, all 4 of them are from an "advanced" civilization comparative to that world. Showing someone evidence that may clear your name is a sure fire way to get people to listen. If the audiance with the king is denied then something is wrong. Simple. This is all riding on the fact the 3 "Hero's" are not written like throw away side characters and have more too them than "press x to doubt".

It isn't up to the heroes to decide Naofumi's fate, it is up to the king. There is no real evidence to confirm whether or not Naofumi raped Myne. It's her word against his. They simply chose to side with the "victim" because they don't really know Naofumi and they have nothing to gain from helping him. The king on the other hand is giving them copious amounts of gold to start their journey.
Jun 17, 2019 3:15 AM
Feb 2017
IRFodder said:
Killuan said:

I don't understand what's so hard to understand, all 4 of them are from an "advanced" civilization comparative to that world. Showing someone evidence that may clear your name is a sure fire way to get people to listen. If the audiance with the king is denied then something is wrong. Simple. This is all riding on the fact the 3 "Hero's" are not written like throw away side characters and have more too them than "press x to doubt".

Killuan is right, but there is more:

1) The heroes are all quite young (16, 17 and 21) so reacting emotionally not rationally should be excusable. The same goes for seeing the world a little to "black and white". It is not a bad writing. It is making humans reacting like humans would- namely: based on assumptions. And also once they believed him to be bad it is normal they stick to it unless something drastic happen.

2) If they come from "advanced civilizations" as you said, it's no wander they took the girl's side! It happens a lot in real live is similar circumstances! Most of the time it is as it should be, but as you can see some girls use that. Shameful, but true! And she fabricated the evidence! Why should other heroes suspect it was false?

3) I wouldn't mind you explaining clearly step by step what do you mean you would do and to whom because I'm also not sure what you mean, but "dragged the slave girl with the crest to the other "Hero's"" would automatically put you in bad position because they slavery is wrong, so they would see it as evidence that "if you can have slave and not see anything wrong about it why would you see rape as bad?" so forget about them listening to you, secondly: you have no authority to demand putting crest on princess. Not only is it painful, but it is also degrading. It would be like asking real rape victim to show their bruised private regions in public as evidence. It is just not done without a very, very strong evidence to the contrary and sometimes not even then!

4) Finally the king hated Naofumi from the start for no other reason than being a "devil of the shield" (in his eyes) and the heroes resented him also, since (from the light novel) he is the only one who didn't die in his own world. It is easy to see fault in someone you already dislike, don't you think? And so they had no real reason to try harder than necessary to see what happened.

there are thinks that weren't well written, but that first scene is not one of them in my eyes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

298 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

379 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 17, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

418 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

440 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.