Forum Settings
Forums
Jun 12, 12:19 PM
A few people I've talked to have said it's a good anime but the MAL score seems to say otherwise, I've also heard it's a lot like naruto and fairy tail, neither of which I ever got into, naruto simply because it was long and I was too far behind by the time I planned to jump on board and fairy tail because it was just far too corny for me, I just finished the first episode of black clover and I'm unsure about carrying it on for one reason, Asta is annoying, does he always shout?, I feel like I might be able to put up with him if only he didn't shout all the time.... either way, I kinda need something new to watch as there isn't much else I'm interested in right now.

So, should I carry on watching?, does it get better?.

Jun 12, 12:21 PM
Slumber

At first i thought this was about if you should pick it up, but it's not.

So for everyone who doesn't want to read the OP, it contains context for the thread title.

Life happens wherever you are,
whether you make it or not.

Jun 12, 12:26 PM

It doesnt get better because its already good to begin with.
The art quality is beyond atrocious so its only worth watching for the voice acting.
If Naruto was a badass justice warrior but also crippled with no ability to use chakra at all then sure it might be kinda like Naruto.
Asta is more like Rock Lee than anyone else.
If you disliked ep 1 you wont like the rest since Ep 1 is a masterpiece of an episode that summarizes perfectly how the anime will flow (altough team work is a key factor in Black Clover and it doesnt appear in ep 1).
There is also an annoying ammount of racism against peasants. That's why Asta and discount Sasuke want to become kings.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Pingu in the City in the rank 100. I hate this site.

Jun 12, 12:28 PM

It's worth reading. Not watching. but if you instsit on watching, then bear with the absolutely disgusting animation. It has a good story and great characters tho

Jun 12, 12:30 PM

Why don't you try watching a few more eps ? I found his shouting annoying for maybe hmmm 3 episodes, I think I got used to it quickly. Also it happens a lot less later in the series.
Personally I like it very much - humor, pacing, fights, everything was good so far imo.

Jun 12, 12:30 PM
</overrated>

The filler is kinda Naruto levels times more, its pacing is so damn slow. And the art on most side by side comparisons to the manga are kinda dreadful.

I'm not even a fan of the manga but Tabata art and the general fast pace is much more worth your time if the story is up your alley.

Jun 12, 12:36 PM

Stripes said:
The filler is kinda Naruto levels times more, its pacing is so damn slow.

It was made for the same studio, so is something to be expected.

Jun 12, 12:40 PM
FoxFire75 said:

Why don't you try watching a few more eps ? I found his shouting annoying for maybe hmmm 3 episodes, I think I got used to it quickly. Also it happens a lot less later in the series.
Personally I like it very much - humor, pacing, fights, everything was good so far imo.

I think I will, I don't mind his shouting when it actually leads to something genuinely funny like being the only guy in the room who doesn't get a grimoire lol.

Jun 12, 12:44 PM
Klad said:
It's worth reading. Not watching. but if you instsit on watching, then bear with the absolutely disgusting animation. It has a good story and great characters tho

I tend to both read and watch one piece so I can deal with sub par animation to an extent I feel lol I've always enjoyed watching an anime first, getting invested and then reading the manga afterwards and then revisiting the anime when and if it catches up, it's just the way I like to do things I suppose.

Jun 12, 12:46 PM
</overrated>

BlancaXLobo said:
Stripes said:
The filler is kinda Naruto levels times more, its pacing is so damn slow.

It was made for the same studio, so is something to be expected.

Truly but since the entire cast is a bunch of goofs it's even more grinding and because they started the anime not that long after the manga and it's on going it just makes it worse.

Jun 12, 12:56 PM

Pacing is pretty shit at first, but it got better at episode 20. Didn't like the characters at first either, as they seemed like walking tropes, which they partially are, but some of them get decent characterisation later on and they grew on me. The slice of life-esque filler episodes really helped with that and I actually enjoyed them a great deal. Overall large and lively cast. The story has also gotten more interesting with intense fights, emotional highs and some dope sasuga action every now and then. If you're a fan of battle shounen and all the tropes then it's definitely 100% worth your time.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jun 12, 12:57 PM

You say you did not like either of Naruto or Fairy Tail, so you will definitely not be able to get into Black Clover, as it shares similarities with the two.
No more posts.

Jun 12, 1:05 PM

Optigisa said:
You say you did not like either of Naruto or Fairy Tail, so you will definitely not be able to get into Black Clover, as it shares similarities with the two.

But I only got to episode 8 of Fairy Tail before I put it On Hold a very long time ago ... it probably will stay there forever tbh -.- similarities yeah, but I think you still could like one and not the other, like it is in my case.

Jun 12, 1:17 PM

FoxFire75 said:
Optigisa said:

But I only got to episode 8 of Fairy Tail before I put it On Hold a very long time ago ... it probably will stay there forever tbh -.- similarities yeah, but I think you still could like one and not the other, like it is in my case.

I have watched neither, but they are both long and the OP stated he has a problem with long shows. Black Clover is probably never going to end at this point.
No more posts.

Jun 12, 1:22 PM

SimonStevens87 said:
A few people I've talked to have said it's a good anime but the MAL score seems to say otherwise, I've also heard it's a lot like naruto and fairy tail, neither of which I ever got into, naruto simply because it was long and I was too far behind by the time I planned to jump on board and fairy tail because it was just far too corny for me, I just finished the first episode of black clover and I'm unsure about carrying it on for one reason, Asta is annoying, does he always shout?, I feel like I might be able to put up with him if only he didn't shout all the time.... either way, I kinda need something new to watch as there isn't much else I'm interested in right now.

When it comes to the anime, it's not worth it IMO. The pacing is slow, the animation is a bit sloppy, and yes, Asta's screaming is really fucking annoying.

But, the manga is very enjoyable IMO. The pacing is fast, so you will never get bored, the drawings are also pretty great, and the author just keeps trying to make every chapter more enjoyable than the previous one.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 12, 1:24 PM

So true the thing about the pace. Like do you know how big shonens have this fillers and go super slow after 300 episodes? well Black Clover does this after a couple of episodes.

Jun 12, 1:29 PM
Dave_Adrian said:
SimonStevens87 said:

When it comes to the anime, it's not worth it IMO. The pacing is slow, the animation is a bit sloppy, and yes, Asta's screaming is really fucking annoying.

But, the manga is very enjoyable IMO. The pacing is fast, so you will never get bored, the drawings are also pretty great, and the author just keeps trying to make every chapter more enjoyable than the previous one.

Now I really am leaning more towards reading the manga and cherry picking the action scenes in the anime that I want to see, it seems like that's the right way to go about it, I'm not a fan of filler in anime, I seem to remember dropping Bleach back in the day because it was like that.