Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 12, 2019 10:55 AM

Jul 2014
What is it with male authors that they can't give their stories a good ending? are they this insecure about themselves that they gotta "subvert expectations"? Take a look at FMA:B literally the highest rated anime on this site, had a good ending and wow what a coincidence, written by a woman.

Anime spoilers below:

I'm not a manga reader but, I already can tell that the ending of shingeki will be terrible,
1) Eren hates titans cause they had him and his fellow "humans" imprisoned
2) Eren hates titans cause they killed his mother
3) WW2 themed city revealed from where Eren comes from, most likely Germany considering that everyone we know that comes from there has a German surname, which makes me wonder why some people in Shinganshina have an English surname (Erwin Smith for example).
Grisha's revealed son is blonde (hint: it's obviously Zeke, initially I thought it wasn't probable but now after the talk between Reiner-Bertholdt and Zeke you could tell that he's not that old, he just has a beard).
Grisha in his photo: I hope a fellow patriot finds this
Grisha was wearing an armband = obviously patriotic meaning
I have a feeling that all this shit will end up with (maybe) some kind of captain america supersoldier garbage (titans)
or religious shit and in the end Eren will see humans as evil and start hating them instead and become the villian, then possibly die, which is hinted in Mikasa's latest ova.

I don't know about any of you, but I'm starting to give up on getting invested in stories if all they do is end up fucking it up at the end for a "wow" factor, as much as I like the story, Isayama would prove to be just another hack if he ends it up like that.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 12, 2019 11:14 AM
Jan 2019
Well, manga spoilers here-

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
LoveLikeBloodJun 12, 2019 11:47 AM
Jun 12, 2019 11:18 AM
Jan 2019
However about your point about male and female authors, I'd argue it's just a coincidence.
Jun 12, 2019 11:20 AM

Dec 2013
Well, your signature is from Psycho-Pass which is written by Gen Urobuchi (= man), so I wouldn't lose all hope just yet. Imo (the first season of) that show ended perfectly.
Jun 12, 2019 11:35 AM
Apr 2017
You are just judgemental for no reason. How could you possibly predict the ending before even knowing what the story is all about.

I am not a manga reader but mostly none of readers are complaining about the storyline so far.

For anime watchers,the story till now makes pretty much sense even though its quite confusing.

You say that eren becomes the villain after knowing the truth..Why only him,why not levi,mikasa or everybody else who discovered the truth?

It seems that you got spoiled somehow and thats why you are bothering too much, cause you care about the story.

I trust Isayama.He wrote a masterpiece so the ending will be good for sure
Jun 12, 2019 11:41 AM
May 2019
I honestly cant take you seriously when you decide to take someones gender into account when writing a story with the way you present your complaint. The quality of the writing should be looked at from the author and story alone, not something that they cant help being, that just sounds so asinine to me. With the way you present this post, you make it sound like females dont do this with their stories too.
Weebover9000Jun 12, 2019 11:49 AM
Jun 12, 2019 11:49 AM

May 2018
Darklycan51 said:
What is it with male authors that they can't give their stories a good ending? are they this insecure about themselves that they gotta "subvert expectations"? Take a look at FMA:B literally the highest rated anime on this site, had a good ending and wow what a coincidence, written by a woman.

Anime spoilers below:

I'm not a manga reader but, I already can tell that the ending of shingeki will be terrible,

And that's where I stopped reading as your opinion is baseless as much as your opinion about male authors.

What is it with male MAL members that they can't give this forum a useful thread? See what I did there? Don't reply for the sake of god, delete your thread instead.
Jun 12, 2019 11:59 AM

Apr 2019
Darklycan51 said:

Anime spoilers below:

3) WW2 themed city revealed from where Eren comes from, most likely Germany considering that everyone we know that comes from there has a German surname, which makes me wonder why some people in Shinganshina have an English surname (Erwin Smith for example).
Grisha's revealed son is blonde (hint: it's obviously Zeke, initially I thought it wasn't probable but now after the talk between Reiner-Bertholdt and Zeke you could tell that he's not that old, he just has a beard).
I have a feeling that all this shit will end up with (maybe) some kind of captain america supersoldier garbage (titans)
or religious shit and in the end Eren will see humans as evil and start hating them instead and become the villian, then possibly die, which is hinted in Mikasa's latest ova.

I don't know about any of you, but I'm starting to give up on getting invested in stories if all they do is end up fucking it up at the end for a "wow" factor, as much as I like the story, Isayama would prove to be just another hack if he ends it up like that.

Congrats you are judging a story based on nothing but the author's sex, that's like the lowest level of intellectual effort. How about you end for the story to end instead of stating nonsense.
Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.
Jun 12, 2019 12:05 PM

Jan 2018
This is just dumb.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jun 12, 2019 12:06 PM
Apr 2018
Darklycan51 said:

Anime spoilers below:

hunter hunter, naruto, my hero academy and one piece all written by Male author so where is your logic. do you even watch anime?
Jun 12, 2019 12:07 PM

Jun 2015
This is beyond retarded. Mods please delete this thread. It's political SJW cancer.
@Ardanaz @Barnald @Tensho @Tenma @Brandon @Nexu @Thatrazorguy
Read Toriko!
Jun 12, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2015
One of the dumbest threads I've seen in a while.

Jun 12, 2019 12:41 PM
Jan 2017
Good quality bait OP
Jun 12, 2019 1:04 PM

Jan 2019
Nonsense. And stop compering aot with a kids show, finaly. Thx!
Merciful lies or painful truth?
Jun 12, 2019 1:07 PM
May 2019
Momentay said:

I dont think a kid show would involve death and war, man.
Jun 12, 2019 1:13 PM

Jan 2019
Weebover9000 said:
Momentay said:

Why not? There is One Piece for another Example. Or almost every Disney movie.
Jun 12, 2019 2:06 PM
Jun 2016
What the hell does the reproductory organ placed in between my legs has to do with my ability to think, draft, write, and draw a story? I'm quite disapointed that the op is considering such a thing. It's just absurd.

And even considering a universe where such absurd thing where to happen, you can't just ignore the fact that not everyone is dareing enough to write a story such as attack on titan, to which i would probably ask, how would you make it better?

I don't really care about that though, i'm just leaving some food for though (for all the value that my opinion holds, that is)

At the end of the day it's disrespectful to gudge someone's ability without reliable arguments, and the gender of an individual is not one of them.
Jun 12, 2019 2:19 PM
May 2019
Momentay said:
Weebover9000 said:

Regardless, its far from a "kids show", I like both of these animes, and I really wouldnt consider FMAB something for kids with all the dark topics and some disturbing scenes
Jun 12, 2019 2:22 PM

May 2016
It is not about gender. (There are many good stories, with perfect endings which were wrote by a man). But I agree with your opinion about AoT.
-
Jun 12, 2019 2:49 PM
Jan 2019
LMAO WHAT EVEN ARE THESE THREADS ANYMORE?

This has literally NOTHING to do with male or female authors. You're deliberately being judgemental. I feel sorry for you if you prefer a 'happy' ending instead of a well written and realistic one. Isayama is an incredible storyteller and he knows what he's doing. If you're gonna slander him, then at least don't be petty enough to unnecessarily bring gender into this. Because of this, your argument just plainly comes off as sexist.

I don't know what manga you've been reading, but stories don't need to have a happy ending in order to be 'good'.
Jun 12, 2019 3:02 PM
May 2017
Momentay said:

You tried it. FMAB is not a kid show.
Jun 12, 2019 3:14 PM

May 2015
And here I thought this thread would have something to do with representation of female characters... What gender has to do with the ending? And you can't possibly know how it will turn out. Even manga readers don't know it yet, but you just threw a bunch of guesses that aren't even accurate but decide to be pissed off at the author anyway.
Jun 12, 2019 3:19 PM
Jun 2016
What does the gender of author have to do with the ending of storylines they write?

This guy is most likely a troll and I am saddened to know that I participated and feeded him...
Jun 12, 2019 3:21 PM
Aug 2018
Darklycan51 said:

Anime spoilers below:

You are crazy, that's not at all what's happening. Why do you decide to post this when you literally admit you didnt read the manga. What a clown you are.
Jun 12, 2019 3:22 PM
Aug 2018
Darklycan51 said:

Anime spoilers below:

Bte6 fmab ending is actaully shit, mal ratings don't mean anything.
Jun 12, 2019 3:23 PM

May 2009
Darklycan51 said:

Anime spoilers below:

If you read only 2 manga so your opinion is worthless.
Also almost all of adaptations of manga you rated 10 were created by men.
bastek66Jun 12, 2019 3:27 PM
Jun 12, 2019 4:24 PM

Aug 2012
I’ll take rating threads over this thread.
Jun 12, 2019 4:59 PM
May 2019
Heck no... to me this anime is perfect and one of the best ever. also a lot of writers are male so a lot of anime would have this problem. i think there is som other reason for this problem
Jun 12, 2019 5:34 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
Darklycan51 said:

Anime spoilers below:

This might be the dumbest thread on MAL. Like anyone can write a shitty anime or manga. Look at One Piece amazing written by a man. Monster one of the best Manga's ever written by a man. Like I have no idea what you are trying to say. Also Read the manga before saying dumb ass shit.
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
Jun 12, 2019 6:20 PM
Mar 2016
anecdotal sexist statements about how story telling works, wow this is a new low, i can't fathom how dumb this shiz is.
Jun 12, 2019 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
This is so dumb, it can be classified into its own category of stupidity. Like if youre that big of a hater, cant you find another thing about this series to hate?
Jun 12, 2019 8:29 PM

Oct 2014
Darklycan51 said:

Anime spoilers below:

Actual sexist. Why isn't this thread deleted yet? Double standards. Imagine if I made a thread how women suck at writing. Imagine how long that thread would last before it gets removed and I get banned.
What a joke.
For the record - FMA:B is overrated pile of shit, who cares who wrote it, the fact a woman wrote me tells me the opposite of your theory.
Jun 12, 2019 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
lol male feminist.
Jun 12, 2019 8:51 PM
Jul 2017
What the actual fuck does being male have to do with this? What does gender have ANYTHING to do with this. I would have been fine if you said attack on titan might have a shit ending because that brings up actual discussion, but instead you say attack on titan will have a shit ending because a MALE is writing it? There’s like no correlation. This is laughable.
Jun 12, 2019 8:58 PM

Oct 2013
Sounds to me that your perfect ending is a happy ending? If that is what you want, then yes you are mostly likely going to be disappointed, at best you are getting is a bittersweet ending.

This is my guess just like yours, because the manga hasn't ended yet.

@Satoshiek

I think gifs like yours should be ban, its distracting as hell. No, disrespect just a legit complaint.
keragammingJun 12, 2019 9:10 PM
Jun 12, 2019 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
Darklycan51 said:

Anime spoilers below:

Well, I'll just ignore the part of your thread about gender since that obviously just makes no sense at all.

Regarding the plot though, I don't think it's going to end in a bad way. The fact that you think that Eren is going to start seeing humans as evil and not titans is because the story might have been developed with that intention ever since the beginning and it's starting to become apparent because we're reaching the conclusion. That just seems like a logical thing and makes total sense within the story. Don't think Eren is going to become the villain and wreak havoc though. I think you're wrong in that regard and Eren will just realize humans are f*cked up and all that. And you make it seem like that's a bad thing, but I disagree. I think that's good character development. I could say more, but I don't want to spoil anything from the manga.

But you came this far into the story, no reason to stop now. Let the story conclude and it might actually be good and change your mind.
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 12, 2019 10:06 PM
Aug 2018
"Already feeling like I'll get disappointed (again) from a male written manga"

I'm sorry but that's really...cringy
Jun 12, 2019 10:27 PM

Jan 2019
Weebover9000 said:
Momentay said:

Regardless, its far from a "kids show", I like both of these animes, and I really wouldnt consider FMAB something for kids with all the dark topics and some disturbing scenes

Sorry but it's still too childish for me. For disturbing scene there are Mufasa's death in Lion King, as a 6 years old it was realy painful to watch. Still it's a kids movie. For me a 14 years old is a kid too. Maybe i'm just too old...
Jun 12, 2019 10:39 PM

Oct 2015
Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 it 8/8
Jun 13, 2019 12:13 AM

Oct 2018
I would rather prefer score or rating threads over this
Ri22rkJun 13, 2019 2:15 AM
Jun 13, 2019 12:39 AM

Apr 2019
rofl
what a moronic thread again
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 13, 2019 12:47 AM
Jan 2018
I'm not a manga reader but, I already can tell that the ending of shingeki will be terrible, < and this is where i stopped reading

and a male wrote FMA ,
Mattinator95Jun 13, 2019 12:55 AM
Jun 13, 2019 1:02 AM
Aug 2015
Most stupidest thread I've ever seen in my life.
Jun 13, 2019 1:04 AM

Apr 2018
This thread sounds so fucking dumb.
Jun 13, 2019 1:10 AM

Jan 2009
so male writers do tragic ending
while female writers do happy ending
and you want happy ending more lol ok
Jun 13, 2019 1:18 AM

Jan 2018
One of if not the most retarded opinion on writers I've seen on this site yet.
Jun 13, 2019 1:46 AM

Feb 2018
Can't take anime fandoms seriously because they are basically feminist or SJW libtards isolated from society.
Jun 13, 2019 3:08 AM

Oct 2018
We (manga readers) don't what inside Eren's head right now. We don't yet if he will end the series in a bad way. So far it's good for me, the pose questions until this point has been answered so far, from secret of royal family, basement reveal and what lies further ahead in the world of SnK.
WraithFuryJun 13, 2019 3:12 AM
Jun 13, 2019 3:25 AM
May 2019
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Can't take anime fandoms seriously because they are basically feminist or SJW libtards isolated from society.

Stretching it a bit there with that generalization
Jun 13, 2019 4:06 AM
Jun 2019
ok sexist ok sexist
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

801 by mapachefffff »»
Apr 4, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.